October 22, 2014 | 1601 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product to cleanse my face and also to remove makeup. I do not get the product near my eyes. It works pretty well as a general face cleanser for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by daisee1203

I completely disagree with other people and Clinque that this is a make up remover. I had an "encounter" with a Clinique salesperson about this who was so incredibly rude arguing that a cleanser and make up remover aren't the same thing. I personally don't care and will use this product as I deem fit for myself. I think its an excellent product and it works well removing dirt, grime, make up and the like...so to ME its a face wash. I think its a chance for Clinique to get you to buy more product.
I used this for years in the summer months and it was awesome. I wouldn't use it in winter months b/c it left my skin dry but if you have oily skin I think you will be fine. I like the smell, the lather and the fact that yes, it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by saaral

Does remove make up like it says. I wouldn't use this as my only cleanser (like someone said: it isn't a cleanser, it's a make up remover) it leaves my skin feeling a bit dry/"tight" until I wash my face with facial soap. But like I said, it removes your make up just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by bknight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have used the Clinique soaps with on and off success (sometimes toooooo harsh in winter months) so I tried this with little luck. It has eucalyptus in it (why?) which I think irritated my sensitive skin. Left me dry, itchy and red. A little goes a long way and the packaging is awesome but it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by flynnlee25

I love this makeup remover. But ladies, it is a MAKEUP REMOVER, not a regular facial cleanser. It's not really that good for men; Clinique has great skincare for men. Although I'm sure some men have enjoyed it. But it's not meant for just a facial cleanser. You use that seperatly(used to sell Clinique). Anyway, I have combination, fair skin and this does not dry me out. I have used it for years with Clinique's 3-step and I've always been told what great skin I have. Now, if only I could lose that 50lbs lmao. Anyway, you use a little pea sized amount and it lasts MONTHS. The tube, not the pea sized amount, haha. I use mine almost every night, or every other night. It's my HG. I love that a little bit goes a loooong way, thus it saves you money in the long run. Ladies, definitly try this if you haven't, but make sure you follow up with your cleanser, exfoliater and moisturizer(sp?). I never saw how just using a cleanser alone will get the makeup, dirt and grease off all at once. But this is the best makeup remover. It's worth a try, just once.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sslindler

Love this product. I only use a pea size amount and it removes all my makeup. I've had the 5oz tube for several months now.My face looks and feels clean and healthy. Doesn't leave a film or residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kaz

My mum bought this a couple of months ago but she had dry skin and she found it too harsh but i think this is a wonderful product. It leaves your skin squeeky clean and get rid of absolutely everything.
I know some of the people on the reviews think it's too drying but i personally think that's what a cleanser is all about. If my face doesn't feel clean after a wash then i don't think it's cleansed. I think it's up to the moisturiser to balance out the skin again.
And this product is so... cheap considering that you only need the size of a matchstick head to lather up and clean the whole face.

love it and will buy it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not a bad cleanser but it is just too drying for me. I have normal to dry skin and while cleansing lotions or creams are usually recommended for me, I love foaming cleansers because they leave my skin feeling really clean and nice. I love that this cleanser foams extremely well (you seriously need a tiny amount, as little as you can get out of the tube) and that the foam is very rich and soft. I love its clean scent (it's fragrance free but has a scent from some botanical oils) and I love the packaging. But it leaves my skin extremely dry everytime. I've tried using it in the summer but it makes no difference. So, I will not be repurchasing this cleanser and I recommend it only to those with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by charliecat31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser! It removes makeup very well and leaves skin feeling nice and clean - but not stripped. Great foaming lather, don't have to use much so it lasts a long time and makes the price very reasonable. Like that it has a flip top so it's easy to dispense. Works great on my combination skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A while ago my skin was full of belmishes, and I think this cleanser was good since it cleaned my skin and dried out the acne blemishes. Unfortunately it dried out my skin too, and now after four days of using it I have irritated skin, itching around the cheecks and over the brows. I think this one is better for oily skin, or better for skins which are not so sensitive.
I wanted to like it but I am so very unsure about it. I might use it for a while, and if my skin gets worse, not that it is already, then I will stop with it.