Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 3/25/2008 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros: It's waterproof and the color doesn't fade. Also, you don't get the racoon effect under your eyes.
Cons: It tends to flake off. At times, the eyeliner stays put and doesn't give me much trouble. But there are times when bits of my eyeliner starts to peel off. I have to carry the tube of eyeliner with me in case of emergencies.
It's still my daily eyeliner at the moment. Once I run out, I'm planning to try the new clubbing liquid eyeliner by Bourjois.

on 3/2/2008 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this product for awhile because it didn't smudge and was pretty cheap but it peels, which is a nightmare if it happens when you're out. It lasted pretty well but if you looked at my eyes closely it looked as if I had a stripe of black latex on my eyes and it started to, the best way I can explain this is, fold in multiple spots. It didn't last very well in the inside corners of my eyes either and I ended up looking like I had a half lined eye. When it comes time to take this off you literally can roll your finger over the edge and peel the whole strip off in one piece. There's better liners out there than this one.

on 2/25/2008 12:50:00 AM

This product is great for application but the quality is quite disappointing. It is very easy to peel off and if you're not careful some of it will rub off without a problem. It's good for beginners like me but after using it a couple of times I decided to give up. The color is too dramatic for me and the rubbery texture creeps me out.

on 2/12/2008 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i really liked this eyeliner when i first used it
& it was my first waterproof liner
but i noticed that it started to come off & it'll look funny because my inner corner wouldn't be lined but the rest would be .
& it looked crusty.. ?
it pretty much flaked off after a while..

on 1/24/2008 4:28:00 PM

I've been wearing this eyeliner, but I hate it! If your eye gets wet, it peels or flakes off and leaves a gap. It's rubbery and peels off like a sticker. I'm looking for another waterproof eyeliner that can stay on all day. Any suggestions?

on 1/24/2008 3:13:00 PM

Ick. I hate this eye liner. Maybelline's Ultra Liner has a brush applicator which tends to skip and is pretty flimsy. I prefer a stiff felt tip applicator because I feel it offers more control. When it dries, the Ultra Liner formula has a plastic-y, rubbery, vinyl-like finish. And it flakes horribly. Another bad thing, or good thing depending on how you look at it, is that if you make a mistake, you don't need makeup remover because you can literally peel it off. This is a horrible product with no staying power, especially if you have greasy lids or watery eyes. This is supposedly smudge proof and waterproof? Ha! Yeah, right. I finally did find my HG liquid eyeliner: Wet n Wild's H2O proof liquid e/l. It's cheaper and longer lasting, smudgeproof and waterproof. Ultra Liner stinks.

on 1/8/2008 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this product!!

I don't do well with eyeliner at all, but this was the first one that I felt I had control over! I

especially loved how this liner, when applied to the waterline, doesn't ooze into your eye. It just stays put.

This is great and I will buy in more colors :)

on 1/5/2008 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got this in black because my friend used it and really liked it. but i didnt like it very much myself. its brush is not precise and lacks control when i'm trying to draw a line. the formula is strange because it dries into a rubbery/plastic-like solid that either flakes or can be pealed off like a sticker. since it dries into a plastic-like layer, its shiny and doesnt look natural whatsoever. it takes forever to get done right because i need to erase the bits that i messed up on because the brush creates such a messy thick line. on the plus side, it is waterproof like it says and it does intensify your eyes like it should--but just not in the most attractive way. it stings when applied too closely to the lashline. i lost some eyelashes thanks to the thick bulky formula. i only used it in desperate situations.

on 12/17/2007 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG liquid eyeliner!. never smudges or transfers, lasts forever! i love the shorter brush and handle, i think it makes it easier to get a perfect line jeust where you want it. i use this every day to reinforce my pencil liner and to hide my false lash seam and even like 'mascara' in my tiny inner eye lashes! and for this price, i woulndt bother trying somethin else.

on 12/6/2007 11:46:00 AM

I would probably buy this again next summer, and I can tell you now that I'll use it for snowboarding and I use it when riding horses-but that's the purpose for it. When you're going to get wet or sweat. I bought it in conjuction with the cover girl fantastic lash waterproof, and they work, but I wouldn't use this for every day.