Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 5/14/2008 4:18:00 AM

Oh my god, this is the very best eyeliner I've ever used in my life! It stays forever until I decide to take it off--absolutely no smearing, no flaking, no fading. On the first day I wore it for more than 14 hours to test its effectiveness, and it still looked fresh on my lids, exactly same as applied in the morning. Wow. More importantly, this liquid eyeliner NEVER stings/burns my very sensitive eyes. I am very, very impressed. Application is so smooth, even easier than felt tip liquid liners. Although I have never used a brush tip eyeliner until now, I like this applicator very much because it allows me to draw a VERY fine line. The finish is very nice jet black (never turns into gray) and looks natural on my lids. LOVE this product so much.

on 5/4/2008 10:16:00 PM

This is the first liquid eyeliner I've ever tried...and it has made me want to come back for more. I've been using Revlon's Colorstay retractable eyeliner in black since forever, but I decided to give this eyeliner a try since it was only $6-$7. The intensity of the black does not fade. It doesn't smudge, or crease on top of my eyelids AT ALL, which I LOVE. The only thing I don't like about this eyeliner is that it looks a little shiny/vinyl-like in light, but you can always go over it with eyeshadow to cover the shine. It's not very noticeable though. I would recommend this to my friends!

on 5/2/2008 9:31:00 AM

I think this product is one of those You either Hate It...or you Love It. I LOVE IT!!! My FAVORITE eyeliner out of them all. A lot of people like the other Maybelline Line Works waterproof liquid eyeliner but the liquid in Ultra Liner is WAY better. It does feel a bit "rubbery" once it dries, but it stays on ALL day, all night, until you are ready to take it off. If you rub at your eyes, yes, it will peel off in the corners. But if I don't touch my eyes, this eyeliner will stay put and stay bold in color. Compared to Line Works waterproof, the Ultra Liner lasts A LOT longer and if does come off, it gradually "peels" rather than smudge or give you raccoon eyes. I don't know about you but I would rather have this stuff chip off or peel a little than have it all smudges under my eyes and all over my eyelids.

I hate pencil eyeliners because they always smudge no matter what brand I buy. I have oily skin and pencil liners or the "roll up" liners always get all over my eye lids and make it look like I didn't know how to apply eyeshadow that day.

But if you love liquid eyeliners like I do, stick with Maybelline!! I have tried Avon's eyeliners in all types, MAX factor pencil, Revlon, etc etc and I keep coming back to Maybelline.

I LOVE the BRUSH tip. I am a big fan of brushes when it comes to applying eyeliner because it makes it easier to go really thin or really thick. Some people are not good with applying with brushes, but it just takes a little practice. It's not that hard at all.

I LOVE the texture of the liquid. It's not watery (like Fyrinnae's brand), and it dries relatively quickly. It's a bold color and it stays the same color all day long because it's like a rubbery texture. I have this in dark brown and it looks so nice with my brown eyes!

This stuff lasts a pretty long time too! The jar is a decent size too, a lot bigger than the Line Works one.

If you're looking for something to wear in the pool, water park, on a hot day, or out with your friends at night, this is THE best liquid eyeliner you will ever find for the money!!!

on 4/15/2008 4:30:00 PM

My favorite liquid eyeliner ever. It stays on all day and it doesn't crackle up. The brush is very easy to use. The liquid isn't all watery and drippy like others I've used. It takes some time getting used to applying liquid liner but it's worth the practice.

on 3/25/2008 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros: It's waterproof and the color doesn't fade. Also, you don't get the racoon effect under your eyes.
Cons: It tends to flake off. At times, the eyeliner stays put and doesn't give me much trouble. But there are times when bits of my eyeliner starts to peel off. I have to carry the tube of eyeliner with me in case of emergencies.
It's still my daily eyeliner at the moment. Once I run out, I'm planning to try the new clubbing liquid eyeliner by Bourjois.

on 3/2/2008 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this product for awhile because it didn't smudge and was pretty cheap but it peels, which is a nightmare if it happens when you're out. It lasted pretty well but if you looked at my eyes closely it looked as if I had a stripe of black latex on my eyes and it started to, the best way I can explain this is, fold in multiple spots. It didn't last very well in the inside corners of my eyes either and I ended up looking like I had a half lined eye. When it comes time to take this off you literally can roll your finger over the edge and peel the whole strip off in one piece. There's better liners out there than this one.

on 2/25/2008 12:50:00 AM

This product is great for application but the quality is quite disappointing. It is very easy to peel off and if you're not careful some of it will rub off without a problem. It's good for beginners like me but after using it a couple of times I decided to give up. The color is too dramatic for me and the rubbery texture creeps me out.

on 2/12/2008 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i really liked this eyeliner when i first used it
& it was my first waterproof liner
but i noticed that it started to come off & it'll look funny because my inner corner wouldn't be lined but the rest would be .
& it looked crusty.. ?
it pretty much flaked off after a while..

on 1/24/2008 4:28:00 PM

I've been wearing this eyeliner, but I hate it! If your eye gets wet, it peels or flakes off and leaves a gap. It's rubbery and peels off like a sticker. I'm looking for another waterproof eyeliner that can stay on all day. Any suggestions?

on 1/24/2008 3:13:00 PM

Ick. I hate this eye liner. Maybelline's Ultra Liner has a brush applicator which tends to skip and is pretty flimsy. I prefer a stiff felt tip applicator because I feel it offers more control. When it dries, the Ultra Liner formula has a plastic-y, rubbery, vinyl-like finish. And it flakes horribly. Another bad thing, or good thing depending on how you look at it, is that if you make a mistake, you don't need makeup remover because you can literally peel it off. This is a horrible product with no staying power, especially if you have greasy lids or watery eyes. This is supposedly smudge proof and waterproof? Ha! Yeah, right. I finally did find my HG liquid eyeliner: Wet n Wild's H2O proof liquid e/l. It's cheaper and longer lasting, smudgeproof and waterproof. Ultra Liner stinks.