August 21, 2014 | 1118 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2004 11:06:00 PM More reviews by mikesgirl1990

I love this--- looks natural lasts pretty much all day -- have had my compact about 6 months use it once a day usually--so product lasts a long time too!! HG foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by vvalencia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin with large pores. I've been looking for a good foundation for some time now and was recently disappointed with MAC Studio Tech and have been using reflect.com powder foundation. I purchased this yesterday after reading all the reviews on the board. I have to say I'm EXTREMELY impressed! I am a MAC NC35 and decided to go with Neroli Bronze even though I was leaning towards Everlasting Tan from the testers, but this color was all sold out. I also remembered how a lot of times powder has a tendency to look a little darker once it has settled down from an initial application. I used my Prescriptives buff brush instead of the sponge. This way I could pick up more product, but not have the inconsistency or streaking uneven application of a sponge (that is my past experience anyway so I've always used a brush.) I am really happy I tried this product! The color is close enough, just a tad lighter, but that is more because I get dark in the summer so this is going to work out as fall approaches. Great quality powder foundation at such an affordable price! I've spent a lot of money in the past in my attempts to find a good daily wear foundation and this is it! I don't know if I could call this HG, but would have to consider it up there. It evened out my skin and did not accentuate any of my dry patches. No oily breakthrough and it did not melt into my pores and make them look bigger (which was all happening with the MAC Studio Tech)! Also, I was amazed at how natural it really did look on my skin! What more could you ask for, especially since it's a drugstore brand?!? I really want to try the Classified Cosmetics ERA next, because I am looking for makeup that is good enough for my wedding day, but I am still so glad I tried this first. I would never have tried it if it weren't for the reviews on this board!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2004 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Anastycia8311

Let me say first of all this has to be the best powder foundation I have ever tried for under 20 dollars -bought Laurel Nude . Found this at my local Drug Emporium and am really PO'd that last year I wasted $$$ on Studio fix by MAC (NC20)great color but it pooled and separated on my pores and broke me out. Pallidio seems to do neither and the packaging is great. Good coverage but not too cakey on my oily skin. Was going to buy Laura Mercier for $40 but after reading some of the remarks about the flimsy packaging have changed my mind. Will stick with this! Yeah!

PS wher'd all the other reviews go??

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by dallas_kristi

This is great as an alternate foundation... I love it in many ways and I am glad I tried it, but the color selections are lame. I have the lightest shade, laurel. It is still too dark. If they had more color choices across the board it would be better. Nice product and cheap. I found I liked to use it with a damp sponge then layer on with it dry for optimal coverage for me. I avoided the eye area except for a lrsser amount because it looked cakey. I think this product is great, and if you are lucky enough to have a great color match -- go for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is awsome powder/foundation. The colors are pink based but stable and don't change. I am very OILY especially in the morning but I did not have to blot until after lunch and even then I was still pretty matte. I wanted this to be my HG but because I'm yellow/olive toned I'll just use the Rice Powder in Natural until they come up with other colors. FYI, Palladio is also The Rice Powder Company who makes the same wet/dry and per customer service the RPC version is for oilier skins so if you can wear these colors but need more oil control try the other version. Is $12 plus ship @http:/www.palladiobeauty.com
Good Luck!!

UPDATE 7/27/04 This is my HG! Am so pleased as it has replaced my concealer and MAC SF... The pot is smaller (1/2) of MAC and softer in texture so it gets picked up easier on the sponge but looks GREAT and is healthier for your skin. Oilies are almost NIL which is hard to do on me. Am LOVING this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2004 3:21:00 PM More reviews by julielouis

No, no, no....I bought this because of the rave reviews...yuck, I feel like I'm wearing a mask no matter how much I use -or rather how little I use! Yes, the price is great and it does cover well (hence the two lippies I gave it) but it feels awful, doesn't have great color range and is an overall disappointment to me. As a matter of fact, I think my complexion looks a little dingy, almost gray when I use this. Try Luxiva ultra, Dual Finish or Shiseido...UPDATE: I grabbed my BM foundation brush and dusted this lightly over my foundation and it's MUCH better, covers well but doesn't feel heavy so if you feel it's too much try dusting it with a large powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2004 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jsingleton

This powder foundation is without a doubt the best I have found. I'm 33, combo skin, with some sun damage. I've tried every product out there, and spent far too much $$ in the process. This foundation makes my skin look smoother and stays oil free all day. I'm amazed. If you are a Studio Fix fan, please run to try this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bidness44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello all, I tried this as a subsitute for Oil of Olay Compact Foundation, since Olay in their infinite "wisdom" apparently thought that it was getting too many good reviews and that means it needed to be discontinued...

Ok so in comparison with OOOCRCF, my only complaints about Palladio so far are:

~color not a perfect match, it's a little dark (but I can live with it)
~powder texture not as fine and "creamy" as the Oil of Olay Compact Foundation's texture. (but I can live with that too)
~doesn't seem to last as long...(but it's 80-90% there)

...The Palladio color shade I ended up with is the Ivory Myrrh, the other lighter color looked a bit too light for me...got it at a beauty supply for about $10 ish...

...All in all, I am 90% satisfied with this product, so far it hasn't made my face break out (but you really should clean off well at night).
Price is right too, I don't go crazy on my makeup and don't even like to wear much in the first place, so this is really good as a light foundation for me.
Coverage is good too. Over 40 skin may not like this if your type is dry skin.
I also really liked the compact, I appreciate the design. ....

Go ahead and try this if you're looking for a sub for the OOOCRCF, you won't be out too many $$'s....

FYI: I would have given a 4.5...I only give a 5 if it is HG

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2004 5:56:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the Laurel Nude also. I have rosacea, so the coverage can never be enough for me. What the younger (read oiler) gals like about this and Mac SF is the very reason it won't work for my changing (read aging) skin. It's mondo dry. It works really well as a touchup powder with my Jane Iredale, whose Matte Powder can run up to $40 if you get it from a spa. and this is much cheaper. I may try the loose, it's been working well for a friend who has talc allergies.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2004 5:50:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading the rave reviews about this foundation I thought I would give it a try and was pleasantly surprised. It costs about £9 for us English girlies from beauty naturals (excellent site). The powder is very fine and is easily applied with the big sponge and looks matte and natural. As reviews below the shade range isnt up to much but the lighest one (laurel nude) will suit most yellow toned pale faces. The compact rocks! Big sponge and mirror for those touch ups but the foundation itself is the best part. Either damp or dry it covers very well and looks great and lasts. Many thanks MUA for pointing this one out. For the price its excellent. UPDATE- I have now thrown this away. It was starting to look chalky round the nose when I touched up later in the day. Also I noticed that the colour did not match well enough for my skin compared to other powders. Nevermind, I have found an excellent powder in the Smashbox wet/dry foundation.