April 17, 2014 | 1850 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bidness44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello all, I tried this as a subsitute for Oil of Olay Compact Foundation, since Olay in their infinite "wisdom" apparently thought that it was getting too many good reviews and that means it needed to be discontinued...

Ok so in comparison with OOOCRCF, my only complaints about Palladio so far are:

~color not a perfect match, it's a little dark (but I can live with it)
~powder texture not as fine and "creamy" as the Oil of Olay Compact Foundation's texture. (but I can live with that too)
~doesn't seem to last as long...(but it's 80-90% there)

...The Palladio color shade I ended up with is the Ivory Myrrh, the other lighter color looked a bit too light for me...got it at a beauty supply for about $10 ish...

...All in all, I am 90% satisfied with this product, so far it hasn't made my face break out (but you really should clean off well at night).
Price is right too, I don't go crazy on my makeup and don't even like to wear much in the first place, so this is really good as a light foundation for me.
Coverage is good too. Over 40 skin may not like this if your type is dry skin.
I also really liked the compact, I appreciate the design. ....

Go ahead and try this if you're looking for a sub for the OOOCRCF, you won't be out too many $$'s....

FYI: I would have given a 4.5...I only give a 5 if it is HG

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2004 5:56:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the Laurel Nude also. I have rosacea, so the coverage can never be enough for me. What the younger (read oiler) gals like about this and Mac SF is the very reason it won't work for my changing (read aging) skin. It's mondo dry. It works really well as a touchup powder with my Jane Iredale, whose Matte Powder can run up to $40 if you get it from a spa. and this is much cheaper. I may try the loose, it's been working well for a friend who has talc allergies.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2004 5:50:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading the rave reviews about this foundation I thought I would give it a try and was pleasantly surprised. It costs about 9 for us English girlies from beauty naturals (excellent site). The powder is very fine and is easily applied with the big sponge and looks matte and natural. As reviews below the shade range isnt up to much but the lighest one (laurel nude) will suit most yellow toned pale faces. The compact rocks! Big sponge and mirror for those touch ups but the foundation itself is the best part. Either damp or dry it covers very well and looks great and lasts. Many thanks MUA for pointing this one out. For the price its excellent. UPDATE- I have now thrown this away. It was starting to look chalky round the nose when I touched up later in the day. Also I noticed that the colour did not match well enough for my skin compared to other powders. Nevermind, I have found an excellent powder in the Smashbox wet/dry foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would like this foundation so much more if it had a better color range. I got the lightest color and it was still several shades too dark for me. Plus it seemed too olive for my yellowish Asian skin (MAC C3).
But it was such a cute little compact with a sturdy sponge. Oh well. I'd definitely buy it again if they ever made a wider color selection. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by punkrocksalad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like the sanitary packaging, but this wasn't for me, it was just too masky looking on me, but that's probably cuz the lightest color wasn't light enough(i'm VERY pale). i give it a 3 because of the good packaging and cuz it didn't break me out (and that really says something). if you need heavy coverage and the color suits you, try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Honeysuckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEE this foundation. It doesn't break me out! it doesn't cake on very oily skin! It just looks WONDERFUL!!!!!!! It's easy to use. I don't usually like wet to dry foudations but this one is great. It also helps control my oil as well! a bonus for me is this colors are very blendable!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by PamperedPrincess842

I know a lot of people really like this stuff but I have to say that I hate it. I have very fair skin with some dry, flaky patches and this stuff just brings out my flakes in the worst way!! And the coverage is not very natural looking at all. It looks too dark and orange-y for my skin and I bought the lightest shade they had!! Maybe I just have to play around with it some more. But I don't see myself falling in love with this stuff. I will say that it makes a good "touch-up" product. I'll keep it in my purse to dab on my nose and chin. But for the price, I expected more than just another compact I'll use for touch-ups only. I really wanted this stuff to be as awesome as some people make it seem. It just fell very short of my expectations, however. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 7:55:00 PM More reviews by GrissomsGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Forgive me if I have already reviewed this but hell it's worth a second review. Good god this is wonderful. It doesn't work that great for me wet but used dry as a setting powder over foundation and I have the most perfect flawless skin. What's great about it is it looks great ALL DAY. Does not cake or look fake. Gives the slightest hint of a glow and the packageing is the best. I tossed the sponge and apply it with a big brush. Nothing gets me more compliments on my skin than Palladio.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 7:00:00 PM More reviews by JuicyBug

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful product for my combination-oily skin. Most powder foundations I tried(Maybelline Purestay, MAC) are like pressed powders masquerading as foundations. Only Palladio gives me that perfect skin look without looking unnatural. Of course the most important thing is how well the color matches your skin. Fortunately in my case, it's pretty close. No breakouts either..and I love the packaging -- sponge sits in a separate compartment. I have already stocked up on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Nephthys224

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading so many rave reviews, I decided to give this product a try. I was tired of paying $$$ for MAC StudioFix, which leaves me looking shiny after 5 minutes anyway, so I went to Sally's and got this powder in Laurel Nude. It was the closest color match, but still too yellow for me, so I had to be really careful about blending. I tried both dry and wet application, and found that the wet didn't work for me at all-- it felt gross on my skin and looked cakey. The dry felt fine, however. At first I was quite pleased with the coverage-- it *did* help control oil longer than StudioFix-- but after a week or so of use, I started to get bad breakouts along my hairline, jawline, and chin. Once I stopped using the product, the zits went away, so I'm forced to conclude that they were caused by the Palladio. :(