October 23, 2014 | 1391 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2004 3:54:00 PM More reviews by jc27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I tried this. This is by far the best powder foundation I have tried and I have tried many. This is much better than Studio Fix and other high end brands. It looks very natural but has great coverage. I have stopped using liquid foundation, which with other powder foundations I found I was having to use liquid underneath to get good coverage. This does not look cakey at all and does not accentuate blemishes but covers them rather nicely. I am an NC30 and use this in Everlasting Tan. The only bad thing with this product is the color selection but I can deal with that because this is a superior product. Only costs about $10 at Sally's, at that price it's worth trying for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I have found my HG. I have searched for 25 years for the perfect foundation for my oily acne prone skin. I think and hope my search is over. Perfect for me. I'm a DDD and it's hard finding foundations that match my complexion. This one is a match. I usually apply my foundation in the morning for work, around 7a.m. By 9:30 a.m. I'm an oil slick especially forehead, checks, and t-zone. My neck is even oily. But this one helps to control, not 100%, but control the oil slick. Also, it stays put. I have problems with my foundation fading away (probably from constantly moping up the oil from my face) during the day. Not this stuff. I still have on foundation at the end of the day.
My test is how does it look in natural light. GREAT! Now, if you like the natural look just don't use as much. If you need coverage you will have to use a lot of this stuff. I have never tried it wet just dry. Girls, you can't beat the price AND IMHO it's great stuff. Double dog dare you to give it a try. Hope you like it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cruel_popcorn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation EVER. I have very oily skin, and I also don't like to spend a ton of time applying foundation in the morning -- esp. since I frequently oversleep due to allergies bogging me down -- and this product is THE. Perfect solution. I'm done with my makeup in no time, and it looks TERRIFIC. I use #402 Cypress Beige when I've been using self-tanner, and the next-lighter shade (can't remember the #/name) when I haven't been using tanner. I have no pink or peach in my skin (fair olive), and this stuff is just fantastic; I couldn't be happier!! Especially after searching in vain for YEARS to find something I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2004 11:06:00 PM More reviews by mikesgirl1990

I love this--- looks natural lasts pretty much all day -- have had my compact about 6 months use it once a day usually--so product lasts a long time too!! HG foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by vvalencia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin with large pores. I've been looking for a good foundation for some time now and was recently disappointed with MAC Studio Tech and have been using reflect.com powder foundation. I purchased this yesterday after reading all the reviews on the board. I have to say I'm EXTREMELY impressed! I am a MAC NC35 and decided to go with Neroli Bronze even though I was leaning towards Everlasting Tan from the testers, but this color was all sold out. I also remembered how a lot of times powder has a tendency to look a little darker once it has settled down from an initial application. I used my Prescriptives buff brush instead of the sponge. This way I could pick up more product, but not have the inconsistency or streaking uneven application of a sponge (that is my past experience anyway so I've always used a brush.) I am really happy I tried this product! The color is close enough, just a tad lighter, but that is more because I get dark in the summer so this is going to work out as fall approaches. Great quality powder foundation at such an affordable price! I've spent a lot of money in the past in my attempts to find a good daily wear foundation and this is it! I don't know if I could call this HG, but would have to consider it up there. It evened out my skin and did not accentuate any of my dry patches. No oily breakthrough and it did not melt into my pores and make them look bigger (which was all happening with the MAC Studio Tech)! Also, I was amazed at how natural it really did look on my skin! What more could you ask for, especially since it's a drugstore brand?!? I really want to try the Classified Cosmetics ERA next, because I am looking for makeup that is good enough for my wedding day, but I am still so glad I tried this first. I would never have tried it if it weren't for the reviews on this board!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2004 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Anastycia8311

Let me say first of all this has to be the best powder foundation I have ever tried for under 20 dollars -bought Laurel Nude . Found this at my local Drug Emporium and am really PO'd that last year I wasted $$$ on Studio fix by MAC (NC20)great color but it pooled and separated on my pores and broke me out. Pallidio seems to do neither and the packaging is great. Good coverage but not too cakey on my oily skin. Was going to buy Laura Mercier for $40 but after reading some of the remarks about the flimsy packaging have changed my mind. Will stick with this! Yeah!

PS wher'd all the other reviews go??

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by dallas_kristi

This is great as an alternate foundation... I love it in many ways and I am glad I tried it, but the color selections are lame. I have the lightest shade, laurel. It is still too dark. If they had more color choices across the board it would be better. Nice product and cheap. I found I liked to use it with a damp sponge then layer on with it dry for optimal coverage for me. I avoided the eye area except for a lrsser amount because it looked cakey. I think this product is great, and if you are lucky enough to have a great color match -- go for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is awsome powder/foundation. The colors are pink based but stable and don't change. I am very OILY especially in the morning but I did not have to blot until after lunch and even then I was still pretty matte. I wanted this to be my HG but because I'm yellow/olive toned I'll just use the Rice Powder in Natural until they come up with other colors. FYI, Palladio is also The Rice Powder Company who makes the same wet/dry and per customer service the RPC version is for oilier skins so if you can wear these colors but need more oil control try the other version. Is $12 plus ship @http:/www.palladiobeauty.com
Good Luck!!

UPDATE 7/27/04 This is my HG! Am so pleased as it has replaced my concealer and MAC SF... The pot is smaller (1/2) of MAC and softer in texture so it gets picked up easier on the sponge but looks GREAT and is healthier for your skin. Oilies are almost NIL which is hard to do on me. Am LOVING this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2004 3:21:00 PM More reviews by julielouis

No, no, no....I bought this because of the rave reviews...yuck, I feel like I'm wearing a mask no matter how much I use -or rather how little I use! Yes, the price is great and it does cover well (hence the two lippies I gave it) but it feels awful, doesn't have great color range and is an overall disappointment to me. As a matter of fact, I think my complexion looks a little dingy, almost gray when I use this. Try Luxiva ultra, Dual Finish or Shiseido...UPDATE: I grabbed my BM foundation brush and dusted this lightly over my foundation and it's MUCH better, covers well but doesn't feel heavy so if you feel it's too much try dusting it with a large powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2004 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jsingleton

This powder foundation is without a doubt the best I have found. I'm 33, combo skin, with some sun damage. I've tried every product out there, and spent far too much $$ in the process. This foundation makes my skin look smoother and stays oil free all day. I'm amazed. If you are a Studio Fix fan, please run to try this product!