February 1, 2015 | 2088 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 7:46:00 PM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this stick better than the Desert Essence stick simply because it smells less like tea tree oil. It smells a lot like fennel, which I love. And it seems to work.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Meeshee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a huge fan of Burt's Bees, but this one just didn't do it for me.. the smell was SOO pungent, I could smell it for at least 20 minutes after I applied it! It's definitely the tea tree oil, you can tell, and they are all natural, so I understand but that was wayy too much for me!! I think it works pretty well for blemishes, but I like Mario Badescou's drying cream a lot better. I would buy lots of BB products again, but this one just isn't one of them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 9:21:00 PM More reviews by scribblescrabble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was so harsh! It was like I put pure alcohol on my face. The tube was unhygenic, because I could see dead skin floating aroung in it after I used it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 11:03:00 PM More reviews by amybean

This smelled like fennel to me, and I found that when I used it, my pimples cleared up no more quickly that had I not used it. So I stopped using it, and let my pimples clear up the natural way. The natural way does not involve fennel smells.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2003 2:53:00 PM More reviews by PrincessAmina83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product and it did sting after the first use. After a couple uses my skin got used to it, only it didn't really clar up my pimples. Also, the packaging is terrible because after using it a couple times, you will find debris floating around inside...gross!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 10:42:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the best thing for drying up those annoying whiteheads that I get right before that time of the month.

I roll it on at night and the next morning they're all dried up and gone.

I think the smell in this product is from the tea-tree oil, but it doesn't bother me a bit.

A simple, easy to use product that does what it says -- imagine that! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2002 12:10:00 AM More reviews by daylightwilight

OUCH. My skin isn't overly sensitive but this stung a LOT and made me break out a LOT--not really what I was hoping for. I nearly broke the glass bottle that it comes in several times from dropping it and the roll-on applicator made the foul-smelling-yellow-stuff drip down my face (if you insist on buying this, use a q-tip). Also--this stuff smells AWFUL--like Windex crossed with black licorice. OVERALL: VERY DISAPPOINTED! NOT RECOMMENDED!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2002 12:00:00 PM More reviews by suikey

It doesn't work for me. A complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2002 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Gingerly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this spot treatment. The smell takes some getting used to but it works well for me and thats what counts. You can always buffer with lotion/moisturizer if you notice stinging.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2002 5:03:00 PM More reviews by beastygirl

Works well for me. I've noticed I have less pimples now. I put this on every night after I moisturize on my "problem areas" like my chin, forehead, and any place that has a slight blemish. Works good!

Only thing I have against it: the packaging, though it works great most of the time, sometimes lets excess leak onto my face. I'm constantly scared it's going to get in my eye or something.

Anyway, this product is a staple for me and deffinately worth trying.