Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 2/26/2006 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have very sensitive eyes and I previously tried the Revlon cream eye makeup remover and that would irritate my eyes like anything! So i finally tried Rimmel over the weekend and I'm so glad. It didn't cause any irritation at all and it feels likes water, but with makeup removing power. It removes my makeup pretty good. Of course there are some minimal remnants, but it does a great job overall.What I like the most about it is the ease of the bottle, it has a flip top and the content output can be controlled easily. I want to try the Pond's, but if that doesn't impress me, I will def repurchase Rimmel.

on 2/15/2006 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Very simply didn't take off my waterproof mascara (neither Maybelline nor Loreal). At least it didn't sting my eyes either.

on 2/6/2006 5:56:00 PM

This is pretty good. I think Pond's Bare & Repair is slightly better, but that is because I use pretty strong mascara (waterproof or Maybelline Lash Stylist, which wears like iron) and a more oily makeup remover works better on stubborn mascara. And I acknowledge that, really, no makeup remover is gonna take my mascara off with one swipe, so I use pure oil for that. But the Rimmel stuff removes all of my other eye makeup (the nonwaterproof stuff), nonwaterproof mascara and concealer, etc. in virtually one stroke. It is fragrance-free, feels/looks like water, doesn't leave any residue behind, cloud my vision (the Pond's occasionally does this) and is eminently affordable at under 7 USD (though it's a bit hard to track down in my area). Moreover, the bottle is big, has a flip-top cap and a smallish opening (perfection). Definite repurchase (unless I find something just as good that's even cheaper).

ETA: This does seem to remove even stubborn waterproof mascara/eyeliner--you just have to really soak the cotton pad and press it to your eye for a few seconds before wiping. This got almost all of my Lash Stylist off the other night!

on 1/12/2006 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new HG! It's has no oil in it and it doesn't sting my eyes at all. It takes off waterproof mascara with ease. Love, love, love this stuff!!

I guess I should mention that I had on MAC mythology e/s applied heavily with mac mixing medium, blacktrack fluidliner on top & bottom, waterproof mascara. I took 1 soaked cotton ball to each eye and it all came off with ease.

on 1/1/2006 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so impressed with this product, for the money! A huge bottle for $5, and it doesn't irritate my eyes or my eyelids. I will definitely buy this again.

on 12/31/2005 10:28:00 AM

Awful product. I wear minimal eye makeup and it could not remove any of it. I went through cottonball after cottonball, then went through q-tip after q-tip. My kid's baby wipes got rid of the makeup in 10 seconds flat. Would not buy this again. I am now afraid to try any other eye makeup removers. I guess I will stick with the baby wipes for now, I always have tons on hand.

on 12/26/2005 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is a great product! I use regular mascara-not waterproof-and this stuff worked great for me. I only had to use one cottonball for both eyes, and it removed every trace of makeup with no oily residue. I would definitely buy this again.

on 12/24/2005 1:28:00 AM

I love this product because it's so cheap and effective. The best part is that it's non-oily. The packaging is also very good with the flipped cap.I agree that it may take several wipes to totally remove the mascara but since it's so cheap...I don't mind that.

Also if you want the same product for even cheaper..try 'Equate Eye Makeup Remover' from Walmart. It is essentially the same as Rimmel but only $1 per bottle.

on 12/15/2005 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Ugh, this stuff absolutely doesn't work for me. It does a decent job of removing my eye makeup, and it doesn't sting or burn while I use it. But apparently it's still damaging my skin, because not long after I use it my skin becomes rough, dry, and flaky. Even one application ruins my delicate eye area for up to a week. I'll stick to my baby oil for eye makeup removal from now on.

on 12/13/2005 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this was the worst i've tried. i gave it 2 points since it doesn't sting my eyes...but i have to go thru 2 or 3 cottonballs for each eyes to get all the make up removed. i want an eye makeup remover that will remove w/ one swipe. this one still leaves some eyeliner behind! i tried almay and that one worked better...but i hear the new ponds one is great so i really gotta try that one next.