August 29, 2014 | 1364 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Yes this is a great brush for packing color onto the lids but I've been using Sonia Kashuk's Fluffy Eye Shadow Brush (used to be the #18) for years and it's a very good dupe of the 239. Okay, so the 239 is softer, has white hairs, and is the tiniest bit fluffier and thicker but I think the SK is a decent dupe and very affordable at just under $7. I had my SK for over 6 years and finally got two more because I realized what a great brush it is and hadn't been able to find an affordable dupe anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by denisse3

Love this brush! It makes it easier to apply all over lid eyeshadow. And you can be more precise as to up to where you want to apply it. I will have to buy a back up for this definitely!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by laceylogan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great brush for applying color to your lid. I use this brush everyday, it is well worth the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by genesis81

This was one of the first mac brushes I bought, and is one of the reasons I am now addicted. They are expensive brushes but are great quality. I never have any shading and it always shapes well after washing. A great brush for placing color on the lid. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MissLindseyTay

GREAT brush for packing on color! It gives me great color payoff when going for a really dramatic eye. I wouldn't be complete without this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I love this brush !! I don't have to pick up too much eyeshadow cause it does a great job of putting it on the lids. I like that it is rather big (for my eyes anyways lol) so that it will apply colour on the whole lid in a couple of sweeps. It's also awesome for the brow bones! I seem to have a fetish for white-bristled brushes lol

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by joey444

This brush is a MUST HAVE!! I use it for every single day. It works awsome for packing color on the lid, crease, highlight, pigment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great Great Great brush! The bristles pick up every little bit of eyeshadow. Really gets the color on. One of my fave brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by spaceykatie

I just bought this product yesterday and I have to say that the biggest differences between this and a sephora version of the brush is MAC's softness and precision. The bristles and wonderfully soft and perfectly dense. The size of the brush is just enought that i can apply e/s to my eyes in thirds really well, and i can create a rounded outer shape. I created a neutral eye this morning and with my relatively light colors it worked for pack color on the lid, crease, and highlight, it did everything! The girl at the counter yesterday said that if she had to pick two must haves for eyes she would go for this brish and a blending brush, and i have to agree that that combo would be a staple for basic eyes. Overall very nice brush and I'm looking foreward to a long, shed-free life with this brush, very much unlike my sephora brush : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

This and the 217 are my most used MAC brushes of all time! The 239 is absolutely fantastic! It's the perfect brush for applying e/s over the lid area, picks up shadows wonderfully and is also a great brush for highlighting the browbone. What initially worried me about the brush was it being white-haired, but it cleans up beautifully and always looks brand new once washed! I've had no shedding at all with this brush! My only complaint with MAC brushes is the lettering wears off so fast .. but all in all, huge rave on the 239! I'll never be without this *gem*!!