December 17, 2014 | 1682 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2004 8:09:00 AM More reviews by silver_springs

I am surprised to read all the comments about break-outs. I have very oily skin and I'm really prone to break-outs but I've been using this product for 4 months now and have seen nothing but good results. I haven't tried a whole lot of Moisturizer's out there so I can't say if this is THE best of all the drugstore brands but I am quite satisified with it. In the 4 months since I have used it my skin has become much more softer, very noticable. I do think it helps with acne as well. I mean it's not a miracle cure or anything but I have noticed some change. I use it after washing my face because if I don't then my face becomes super dry but with this there is no problem at all. The only thing I hate is the pump! It stops working once you get down to about 1/4 of the bottle left so I basically have to take the pump out and dig the moisturizer out. It's annoying but unless I find something better then I am happy enough to stick with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2004 2:37:00 AM More reviews by sparkler82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this product because it didn't make me break out but I wouldn't consider it my HG. I did not like the scent or the texture of the cream. The applicator was kind of fussy too, as it clogged often. Plus I felt I had to use alot of it to get any moisturizing results. Might be good for some people, just not my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2004 11:56:00 PM More reviews by tanner73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a free sample (10ml tube). I used it for about a week, every morning. Can't really say anything bad about it, but there's nothing really good to say about it either. Kind of greasy feeling. Perhaps I didn't get to use it long enough, but the sample wasn't enough to make me purchase it. Still searching for a good non-greasy moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2004 4:41:00 PM More reviews by maimai

Does this moisturizer prevent breakouts? I'm not sure, but overall, it's a decent moisturizer. I don't think that the 0.5% salicylic acid is enough to prevent acne. No noticeable fragrance. I think that this is a tad too light for the winter months... A minus is that is lacks a SPF. The packaging is a nice and sanitary pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2004 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ClaraBow

This stuff really helps to keep my pores clear. It doesn't make me greasy, but it doesn't make me not greasy either. It just seems to keep my skin clear and clean. However, its not moisturizing enough for me in the winter, so I've been using it on my back and chest, and it works good for that, too. Update: I've been using it on my bikini line after I shave and it helps get rid of shaving rash!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2004 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Riababe820

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best "acne fighting" moisturizer ive ever used. It is a bit creamy but doesnt make my face shine. at all. I love how soft and smooth my skin felt!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by COBeautyQueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the MUA reviews, I decided to head out and purchase some of the Aveeno products. I happened to receive this as a sample with the Clear Complexion Astringent I purchased. At first, it felt great and appeared to be clearing up my skin. After a month, I'm changing my tune. This stuff is not good for oily skin, and causes clogged pores -even though it has salicylic acid in it. My normally dry cheeks feel great, but the rest of my face feels like you could drain it and sell it to an oil field. Glad I didn't waste any money on this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 10:01:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally shelled out for this high-priced (for drugstore, anyway) moisturizer. I'm so glad I did. I have combination skin with easily--clogged pores and have been having fairly bad winter dryness. I used to use a daytime moisturizer with salicylic acid but switched to Olay Complete, and found I really needed something to perform the declogging function without drying me out. I now use Aveeno Clear Complexion at night, sometimes in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide for spot treatment. It keeps my skin from becoming dull and flaky by morning, and it really does help my skin stay clearer - it's not a dramatic difference but if I don't use it for a couple of nights I really regret it! The lotion is quite thick and a little goes a long way, but it has no greasy feel and absorbs well. I wouldn't want to wear this during the day - no SPF, and the exfoliation might lead to foundation balling up or similar problems. For night use, this has been great.

[Edit: taking off a lippie because this works okay but nowhere near as well as Paula's BHA liquid plus a lighter, less siliconey moisturizer.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sailormune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm working on my second bottle of this moisturizer. I've been using this product for about six months as part of the clear complexion 3 step regime. I love it. A little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2003 3:45:00 PM More reviews by goodbatteries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible! This product made my face break-out in tiny little pimples. It also made my face oiler than before. I would never buy it again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.