August 1, 2014 | 890 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by COBeautyQueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the MUA reviews, I decided to head out and purchase some of the Aveeno products. I happened to receive this as a sample with the Clear Complexion Astringent I purchased. At first, it felt great and appeared to be clearing up my skin. After a month, I'm changing my tune. This stuff is not good for oily skin, and causes clogged pores -even though it has salicylic acid in it. My normally dry cheeks feel great, but the rest of my face feels like you could drain it and sell it to an oil field. Glad I didn't waste any money on this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 10:01:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally shelled out for this high-priced (for drugstore, anyway) moisturizer. I'm so glad I did. I have combination skin with easily--clogged pores and have been having fairly bad winter dryness. I used to use a daytime moisturizer with salicylic acid but switched to Olay Complete, and found I really needed something to perform the declogging function without drying me out. I now use Aveeno Clear Complexion at night, sometimes in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide for spot treatment. It keeps my skin from becoming dull and flaky by morning, and it really does help my skin stay clearer - it's not a dramatic difference but if I don't use it for a couple of nights I really regret it! The lotion is quite thick and a little goes a long way, but it has no greasy feel and absorbs well. I wouldn't want to wear this during the day - no SPF, and the exfoliation might lead to foundation balling up or similar problems. For night use, this has been great.

[Edit: taking off a lippie because this works okay but nowhere near as well as Paula's BHA liquid plus a lighter, less siliconey moisturizer.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sailormune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm working on my second bottle of this moisturizer. I've been using this product for about six months as part of the clear complexion 3 step regime. I love it. A little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2003 3:45:00 PM More reviews by goodbatteries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible! This product made my face break-out in tiny little pimples. It also made my face oiler than before. I would never buy it again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2003 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lessie

I have combination skin and I've been very prone to breakouts. I've used all kinds of acne treatments including topical benzamycin (which finally helped clear things up). I wanted to discontinue using my prescription moisturizer (which contained clidamycin) because I don't feel comfortable using antibiotics for such a long period of time. For anyone who breaks out I know how scary it is finding a good moisturizer that won't start the horrible acne cycle all over again. So I decided to try this Clear Complexion cream from Aveeno. I was very surprised that this cream, since it's quite thick, did not break me out!! It provides a lot of moisture which is good now that winter is coming and I live in Toronto, Canada. I am VERY happy with this product and would defitinely purchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2003 3:55:00 PM More reviews by emma1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i was excited to try this product b/c i've been looking for a drugstore moisturizer with salicylic acid in it. well, the packaging was just aweful (its a tiny pump that shot the moisturizer practically across my bathroom!) and the smell of this stuff is unbearable- i forced myself not to wash it off. i put this on at night and i didnt feel any difference in my skin in the morning (i was hoping it would get rid of these tiny bumpy things i have). this stuff is aweful- dont waste your money!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2003 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ImCanadian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this because I had a sample of it lying around. This stuff, literally, smells like plants once you put it on your face. (Your reminded of warm summer days sitting on the grass.) It doesn't clear up any small pimples. Even though it has salicylic acid, it fails to mattify; leaves a greasy feel to your skin all day. It also leaves a film on your hands too; so I had to wash my hands after I used it each time. The soy extracts do nothing for evening out skin tone and texture. I still have uneven skin from using it. Will be going back to my good ol' Vichy. Positively radiant is a better Aveeno moisturizor IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2003 8:55:00 AM More reviews by jenny_jupiter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprisingly impressed with this product. My face has been breaking out like crazy for about a year and nothing I did seemed to take care of it. I bought this moisturizer out of desperation, in conjunction with some outrageously expensive benzoil peroxide scrub from my salon, and between the two of them, my face has barely broken out an all. Even during that time of the month! My skin tone is more even and brighter, too.

The only reason I gave this a four is because of the scent, which is okay, but I would prefer unscented and the lack of SPF protection. I am not sure why in this day and age any company would make a moisturizer without it! Assuming that my face continues to look this clear, I will definitely buy this product again, SPF or no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2003 8:54:00 AM More reviews by ericsbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, finally a drugstore product that's not only affordable but it works! Lately, my skin has had excessive sebum and clogged pores, little bumps, more than normal oiliness. This product is clearing it up plus somehow, the little dark spots are clearing. Has salicylic acid (minor amount) and my skin needs that once in a while. Wouldn't use this every day - only until my skin clears then back to my regular Aveda nighttime moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2003 5:09:00 PM More reviews by QueenJannine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This clearing moisturizer is thicker and more luxurious than its Clean&Clear equivalent. My use of benzoyl peroxide sometimes leaves me with tight, flaky dry skin, but this product eliminates that. It feels really good on my skin. Used in combination with antibacterial facial cleanser and possibly benzoyl peroxide cream(optional), it clears my skin pretty well. Smells better than Clean&Clear too. PROBLEM: THE SALICYLIC ACID CONCENTRATION, 0.5%, IS NOT HIGH ENOUGH TO BE ALL THAT EFFECTIVE.