Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 2/17/2010 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Buy this product. Buy it now. Keep it with you at all times, with a bit of moisturiser, and spritz whenever you feel the need. This product, more than anything I have tried, has not only saved my skin from adult acne but actually helped me figure out that stripping my skin was making the acne worse, not better, and that a part of the problem was my skin reacting to the utter crap I was piling onto it in an attempt to fix it.
Lots of my friends have laughed at me for having 'water in a can - why not just get a spray bottle with tap water?' but I know tap water can also be part of the problem, so as soon as I have used it to cleanse I use this and pat it off before slathering on Avene moisturiser (and if you'd seen my skin a few short months ago, you would never have believed that putting on moisturiser wouldn't have just made things worse). I am a chemistry student who spends a lot of time in lab with icky evil solvents, so before and during lab I spray this stuff on, layer up with moisturiser and Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream (again, can't quite believe I'm saying this about moisturisers) and my skin comes out the other side intact and not hideously strung out and stinging. I couldn't recommend this (and other Avene products) highly enough.

on 2/14/2010 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I thought this was just a gimmick, like vibrating mascara wands. My skin is oily and quite sensitive-great combination:)

I have recently been making moves over to natural products, caring about ingredients and what they will do LONG term to my skin, not short term.

I have found you get what you pay for, and quality items always last longer as you need less.... and they also cause you to need a smaller array of combined products as a result of the good things they do for you.

This stuff is incredible... my face gets red after showering, and this calms my skin skin down and makes it EVEN within a matter of seconds. I am actually not using a moisturizer at the moment- this is sufficient. If I get a little dry, I spritz a little extra of this and smooth it into my skin with my fingers, gently exfoliating any dry parts. It's brilliant!

Keep in mind my skin is oily- dryer skins would need a moisturiser- but less because of this product! I take any excuse to use this- and the large can is massive! Great to set makeup- and I spray it on my boyfriends face after he has shaved.... he complains and squints his eyes and makes a big fuss, but I think secretly he enjoys it:)

Was recommended this product whilst in the chemist talking to a salesperson about this range, and a civilian walked past and commented that she was put onto Avene by her dermatologist and hasn't looked back.
]
A staple product for those with sensitive skin. I use it religiously throughout the day, and my skin becomes shiny very fast if I don't put it on before I prime. Actually- I can get away without a primer because of this!

Edit: On a business trip in China- broke out from Krush minerals (reviewed) which was HORRIBLE to go through whilst travelling- this spray SAVED my skin, I purchased some in Hong Kong as I couldn't take aersole can on the plane. My skin has healed from applying only this........... I adore it even more now and even more firmly convinced now it's really been put to the test!

on 2/6/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

At first I thought this wasn't good for anything but I have found it is awesome for soothing irritation.
I had washed my face with my regular cleanser, but I made the mistake of using this horrible no name facial brush I had for years to try to get rid of some of my flakeyness. Of course that was a bad idea. I didn't realise it until I put my moisturiser on though. My face started stinging badly. I quickly reached for the thermal water and sprayed it on my face. It took away the stinging right away.
I don't find that it helps with my redness or moisture, but if your skin is very sensitive and easily irritated then I think this is worth buying. Of course it would also be good for sunburns, razor burn, ect.

on 1/22/2010 12:37:00 AM

This is actually my 4th bottle and I usually use it as a toner.
Initially, I started out with using this whenever my face is slightly red, usually in the mornings before I go to work. I will spray this Thermal Water onto the skin in a fine mist and then pat dry after a few seconds.

Gradually, I treat it as a toner.
Nowadays, after cleansing, I will spray this Thermal Water onto the skin then move on to my serum while my skin is still damp. With this Thermal Water, it helps to reduce the redness as well as avoid using too much of the serum which can gets abit oily at times.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I love this stuff. In the beginning I was alittle unsure about the price simply because of it being advertised as just "thermal water". Buying a can of water for your face may seem like a joke to the average person! But theres something in this water i tell you...It really refreshes and calms down your skin, great to use after cleanser and on a hot day it is the PERFECT remedy to cool you down. I have repurchased multiple times...and probably will untill I find something that beats it.

on 1/14/2010 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Years and years of use are my review of this fantastic product. I have not reviewed it because I have it so close to me always that I overlook it!
It is refreshing. The mist is very very fine unlike MAC Fix. It is pure -- no scents or other irritants.

I use it at night over my night regimen creams to help the products penetrate. I use it in the morning after I apply my moisturizers and eye creams (hey at my age I have to keep each area well moisturized). I use it if I go to the beach to keep my skin moisturized. I use it after mu applications to get a dewy finish without shine.

I always have one in my bathroom. I always have one in my train case, and I always have one on my vanity.

I know other products get a lot of hype, but this is the Queen of Misters.

on 1/14/2010 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love thermal water. I use it to set makeup, to refresh my face during the day, and to hydrate my dry skin. Since i get hard water from my tap, i find that this thermal water soothes my skin after its exposure to hard chemicals. My boyfriend also teases me when i buy it but he doesn't understand. Its amazing for setting makeup as it doesnt cause the makeup to run. It gives me that natural look im achieving. Furthermore, a spritz on my face during the day refreshes my makeup and makes my foundation look less cakey. I also use it after i cleanse my face as a toner to get rid of the harsh chemicals found in the hard water i use from my tap. I will repurchase once i run out!

on 1/6/2010 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

love, love this face spray! It's pure springwater, no irritants, no chemicals. It's perfect in winter, perfect in summer...perfect all the time. I used to use Caudalie's spray but have switched to this. It's soothing & doesn't ruin makeup. +++ recommend

on 1/6/2010 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my favourite water spray to freshen my makeup and to calm down my dry, chapped skin (during the winter months). I use this everyday during the winter months due to the dryness. I will continue to buy. I love Avene skincare products - Clean AC, Light Hydrating Lotion, Eye Cream, and this!

on 12/12/2009 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Iíve been using this product for over a year now. I first purchased this when my skin was extra sensitive and very dry, and I was trying out various products, of which most irritated my skin very easily. After reading online about some water sprays, I came across the Avene Thermal Water spray and popped into Boots to have a look at it. I was debating whether or not to buy it... as it just was just a can of water. According to the description, the water soothes and calms irritated skin Ė I thought, sounds great, but does it actually work? I decided to buy it.

One night I had a new jar of face cream I wanted to try out as my skin had been incredibly dry and flaky. After applying the cream my face started stinging and red patches appeared as it was irritated. I quickly whipped out the Avene thermal water and spritzed it over my face. It felt very soothing, and it calmed down the skin, and the patches were not so red anymore. I continued using it the next couple of days and the redness was gone. Usually when I get a reaction like that it would take about a good few days, up to a week even, for my skin to recover.

My face tends to get irritated and blotchy every now and again, so I continued to use this regularly and it has helped to keep my skin under control. I usually use it after cleansing and toning. I spray this lightly over my face, and then pat it in with my hands. Then I apply my moisturiser after it. I find that using the thermal water spray before I moisturise makes the moisturiser go a long way as I donít need to use as much.

Popular Face Skincare Products