December 19, 2014 | 996 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because the reviews I saw on YouTube said it gave amazing volume and length. I had the opposite experience. It's an extremely wet and clumpy formula. All of my lashes clumped together when I applied. It did not give any volume or length and took forever to dry. I also found the brush extremely difficult to work with. I got mascara all over the area above my lid. Definitely one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Kaileenicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate this mascara. I heard about everyone liking it so I decided to try it out. I have short lashes, this mascara is so clumpy, takes forever to dry and doesn't keep the curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by christafox13

I absolutely love this mascara. I have purchased and gone through 5 already. It definitely has its pros and cons though. I had heard about this product via youtube and went and purchased it from target.
My first impressions were that it was messy, and the brush head was very big. After the first two days of using it, it began to look fabulous. I have naturally long, invisible blonde lashes, so the mascara applied well.
Pros:
-jet black pigmentation
-lots of length and volume
-first few weeks, clump free

the downside to this mascara, for me, is that the cap is hard to close all the way and the mascara becomes a little bit dry and old. After the first two or three weeks, it starts to become much more clumpy and difficult to use.

Cons:
-becomes clumpy after 2-3 weeks
-looses freshness fast
-have to buy new ones frequently

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by briannaalisette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is my favorite so far. It does what it claims to do and I love that it separates my lashes and makes them dark and bold. It did lengthen my lashes a lot, the only thing I didn't like about it was that you have to wait after each coat because it's a really wet formula which makes it clumpy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MuffyDuffy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible product, don't waste your money! I lost many eyelashes using this mascara. It's not waterproof but you have to use eye makeup remover to take it off, which is why I don't buy waterproof mascara in the first place. It clumps & flakes. Yuck! Forget about getting a refund from Maybelline. They give you the run around & tell you a rep will return your call. As a long-time customer, I don't appreciate being blown off by the company. I will NEVER buy any of their products again. L'Oreal & CoverGirl have much better quality products & better prices.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by KatieGirl1014

I am a loyal Maybellline consumer, however, I am not a fan of this mascara. First of all it is thick, which I usually enjoy however, it doesn't apply nicely and clumps. Also, I wear contact lenses and after about an hour of wear time, this mascara began to flake and was getting into my eyes. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and wore it a second day in a row and the same thing happened. It is not Tuesday and I still have irritation and redness in my eye and have been forced to wear my glasses instead of my lenses. I did not use anything new on my face or near my eyes except for the Rocket Mascara. I have contacted the company and I am awaiting their reply. I don't want this to reflect badly on Maybelline. I am loyal to products such as the Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser and the Dream Matte Powder. I think they just need to go back to the drawing board and reformulate.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by koko47

Good volume and definition... but I have oily lids, and sigh, there were little flakes and smudges after 2 hours. The hunt for the HG of mascara continues!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cccaaattt

It doesn't work. if anything it makes your eyelashes uglier. it causes no volume or length it just makes your lashes look like crap haha not a recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Cbooth17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm definetly not in love with this mascara. I have naturally pretty long eyelashes, but when I try to apply this, it clumps them. The bristles on the wand are very small and don't have any movement to them. The liquid in the tube is more liquidy than most mascaras by maybelline. Overall, i do not reccomend this because of these reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Simone101

I am already on my SECOND bottle of this great Mascara! Its make my eye lashes really noticeable and darker. I do have naturally long eyelashes but they are blonde like my hair so its hard to see them without any mascara on, so when i apply this amazing product to my eyelashes every morning it really does help my eye lashes look longer and more noticeable. I really do recommend it to everyone who has long eyelashes but are hard to see ! so please pick this up one day and try it out, i bet you that you will fall in love with this mascara!