August 29, 2014 | 1673 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hbottum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The brush holds too much mascara and so piles on product, not a problem except when it clumps like it does. and those clumps don't dissolve, they remain intact and stick to the soft, tender skin under your eyes. And it's such joy to rub and rub and rub to try to get it off and see it leave black streaks and remove eyelashes instead of come off. Ugh!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

Maybelline's mascaras are usually hit or miss for me and I know so many people love this mascara so I gave it a shot. It made my lashes look okay.. Not bad, not amazing... But it smudges! I don't have an overly oily eye area and smudging underneath the eyes is a total deal breaker for me. If you want an amazing Maybelline mascara try the new Big Eyes mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by liltartmuffin

Very hard to get off, its like plastic on your eyelashes so if youre looking for waterproof this is the one. Rich black color which i love. I just dont like the brush it doesnt work well for me unless i have a credit card behind my lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a habit of trying out each new Maybelline mascara (at least the Volum Express ones) but I was a little disappointed with this. The formula is really wet and I didn't like that too much. The results were good - dark and full lashes, but not as good on my lashes as the Colossal or Mega Plush (I am blessed with naturally long lashes, for reference). I didn't like the brush so well either; it's rubber with really short bristles, which doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. Also, this is really hard to get off! It was surprising, too, as I've never had that happen with any other Maybelline mascara. I used this for three months, as I was satisfied enough to want to get my money's worth out of it, but once the three months was up, I decided to try Mega Plush and I ended up really liking that. This might be good for some people, though. If you like rubber brushes, try this!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Makeupsmart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely hate it so much this product is horrible with one blink I have way to much on. It gets all over my eye lid and its impossible to get it off! It is just a pain in the butt to us I don't recommend this product at all it sucks

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this, it's one of the best low budget mascaras. Here's why:

*It is really black so if you have a few fairer coloured lashes it coats them very well.
*Makes your lashes look thick, full and pretty.
*It doesn't flake and stays put for a full day.
*It dries pretty quickly so you don't have to worry about it smudging or ruining your make up.
*Good price for a great mascara.

Overall, an excellent mascara that I will definitely be repurchasing. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by truth0unveiled

I would say this mascara is okay, it does the job for me. Some dont like the fact that it's quite hard to get off, but as I have really runny eyes this is only a plus for me. It doesnt give amazing lenght or thickness, i'd say its average. It's buildable though, and I find that it doesnt clump easily. Also I like the packaging, it has a fairly large brush with tiny bristels to paint with. I like this type of brush, but I know not everyone does.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by prettyLady11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Again, I typically like Maybelline Mascaras best, but I was disappointed by this one as well. It doesn't clump- which is nice- but it also doesn't thicken well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Tangtc

I'm a fans of Maybelline mascara, been using maybelline colossal and like it so much. Then i changed to this rocket mascara after reading all the positives reviews. It does lengthen my lashes and volume, but it goes abit clump when i apply for the third coat. The things which i against the most is this mascara doesn't hold the curl at all! Im asian and usually i will curl my lashes with eyelash curler, then only i apply mascara,usually it works but for this mascara, eventhough i have curled my lashes with eyelash curler, but once i applied this mascara, my lashes point up straight, my curl gone.
I will never purchase this mascara again. or i have to find a way to hold my curl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by ErCar

I'm surprised that this mascara doesn't have better reviews. It's probably the best drugstore mascara I've tried...other than Voluminous Carbon Black. I love Voluminous but it doesn't hold a curl at all. This one does. The formula is super black, which, frankly, is hard to find in a mascara! (I also have Cover Girl Clump Crusher, which people seem to love...and that's more of a soft black...no thanks). So this is very black, holds a curl, creates GREAT volume and length. It's honestly almost perfect. The ONLY con, is that it is hard to remove. I use Sonia Kashuk waterproof eye makeup remover, which is an awesome product, but even with that I really have to work to get this mascara completely off. I don't like that because it feels damaging to my lashes. If you go at it slowly though, it does all come off.

Other than that, this is truly a great drugstore mascara and yes, I would purchase again.