October 25, 2014 | 893 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by GrainOfGold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great with my lashes. Just like everyone else, difficult to remove. Unsure if I will purchase again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

THE GOOD: Like all the other Maybelline mascaras, super cute packaging. The brush isn't wobbly. Very buildable formula, doesn't clump very much at all. Leaves a fairly decent look to the lashes.

THE BAD: The brush is a bit scratchy, no where near as bad as Benefit's They're real, but this definitely isn't something i enjoy combing on.

THE UGLY: This bad boy seriously takes about 4 coats before it even starts to look kind of dramatic. It also results in a wonky look very square-ish look to the lashes...it's hard to describe, i don't know if it's the shape of the brush, but it gives my lashes a strange look.

Overall a pretty mediocre mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love what this mascara does: volumizes, separates, lengthens. I also love the thick brush. I think it's way better than Maybelline's The Falsies because it has a better brush, the formula isn't as wet, and doesn't have that strong, paint-like smell. I can't give it five stars because it is very difficult to remove (even though I didn't buy the waterproof). It does come off it clumps and leaves raccoon eyes. I figured if I didn't put it on my bottom lashes I wouldn't have this problem but it still happened!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Masalaraven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely awful product! After the 3rd try, I gave up on it! Similar to other negative reviews, taking this mascara off is the biggest hassle and disappointment! When I saw some of my eyelashes coming off, I'd had it! It's so bad! It's never taken me so long to take mascara off and one where so many lashes came off! It really concerned me!
The cons definitely outweigh the pros with this product. Terrible! Hate it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by meemz001

A lot of people recommended this product to me, so I thought I'd try it out. I was a bit disappointed because it made my lashes clump together and it doesn't hold a curl. I would highly recommend that you try Maybelline's colossal(the yellow tube) works AMAZING!! Looks as if you have much more lashes, lengthens and holds a curl perfectly all day

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

The Rocket is an OK mascara. It does the job and coats nicely. The special applicator prevents spidery lashes which is a plus. I don't think I will re-purchase because it doesn't lengthen or give my lashes any volume. It's just blaaah. My biggest complaint is the fact that the mascara comes off in clumps when I use the Lancôme eye makeup remover. Sometimes lashes come off as well and it only happens with The Rocket. Weird. I also use Dior Overcurl and Lancôme Hypnose mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by thaileen

I was in search for a good everyday mascara and picked this one up because it was pretty cheap. I love the way it makes my lashes look. Very long, very curled, and very voluminous. However, it is impossible to take off... such a turn off for me. It doesn't come off with my cleanser, or baby oil. I have to actually rub my eyelashes to get it off, and when I do it comes off in clumps and lashes fall out, and there is still product at the roots of my lashes. It also makes my lashes very hard. I only use this when I need a waterproof mascara which is very rare.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Simplyglamorous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly i think this is a GREAT mascara! I have already repurchased it once and i will again. Maybelline really did good with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my one of my favourite drugstore mascaras. It separates my lashes really well and doesn't leave any clumps or flake throughout the day. I have naturally long, curled lashes so this definitely helps the performance of the mascara but I do find it gives good volume and holds a nice curl. I also like that it is really black. Repurchase this one for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

I have used quite a few of the Maybeliine Volum Express mascaras (all in waterproof). Overall, the mascara performs well. The mascara in waterproof fulfills my one requirement, it held my curl. However, it is by no means a curling mascara. If you really like your lashes perfectly curled at a 90 degree angle a la Kim Kardashian, this mascara is not for you. That being said, I do love the way is curls my lashes-it is different from any mascara I've tried before. I don't really know how to explain it, but while the mascara holds my curl, I think the wet formula weighs down my lashes ever so slightly to give my lashes a really gentle sloping curl. It looks the best out of any of my mascaras from the profile (I think the seventh picture kind of shows the way holds a curl). If you're looking for a really curling mascara I would recommend the Maybelline One by One waterproof.
I suspected this mascara to be very similar to the One by One, which I enjoyed using for everyday, but it is definitely not the same. It is decently separating and clump free, but not nearly as so as the One by One (the most seperating/curl holding/clump free/fool proof mascara I've used) or Covergirl's Lash Blast. I don't know if this is on the list of claims, but I think this may be the most lengthening Volum Express mascara I own (especially when I see it from the profile). As with the other Volum Express mascaras I don't let it dry between coats to prevent clumping. Also, I tend to wiggle my mascara wand in zig zag motions when applying. That method did not work for me with this mascara as it made my lashes stick together. I found better results by carefully combing it through with no wiggling.
This mascara claims to coat lashes in mascara evenly from root to tip, and I think that is why I ultimately gave this mascara 3 lippies. I prefer mascaras that give me the most fullness at the root of my lashes (like loreal's Voluminous) with a more traditional brush. However this is not a bad mascara. It has a unique formula, but I can't say I loved the bulkiness of the brush. I think this would be a great mascara to layer with. Bottom line as far as rubber bristled wands go: it is not as foolproof as the One by One mascara or dramatic as Lash Blast. Will probably not repurchase unless I really fall in love with the way it curls my lashes.