Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

I really enjoy this product. It is my go to mascara. It separates my lashes nicely. The wand is similar to the covergirl lash last. Saying that, I like this formula much better. Most maybelline mascara have similar formulas, and it's the wand that varies. This is the case with this one, and I can't really say anything bad about the formula overall.

on 11/20/2013 4:56:00 PM

One of the reasons I enjoy this mascara is because it's not fussy. By no fuss, I mean that I don't find myself running the brush through my lashes over and over to get the fanned out look I wish to accomplish.

The Rocket does provide a fuller, thicker appearance on my lash line and separates my lashes nicely. The wand is a rubber wand with flexible bristles. This is a very long wearing mascara - I experience absolutely no flaking with The Rocket.

Overall I really like this mascara - I can get away with a coats or two during the day to make my lashes look darker and fanned out or I can use three coats to get a more dramatic appearance.

The one negative about this is that it is very hard to remove!

on 11/18/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

hmm.. this mascara just isn't doing it for me. I don't like how small and spread out the bristles are on the brush. It just doesn't give me the kind of impact I was hoping for. However, I will say that it is foolproof with clumping, it separates the lashes well. But I will not be repurchasing... it's an ok mascara, but nothing great.

EDIT: after a few weeks this mascara thickened up a little bit and now I like it much more. Not holy grail status, but it's pretty great. I now like the bristles now that the formula is drier because they give me a lot of control when applying.

on 11/16/2013 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybelline has either been a hit or miss with me. Like the Stiletto, it was a total miss in the end because my lashes weren't even defined in the first place and it irritated my eyes. Falsies was a miss at first but I needed the formula to be drier to work well so somewhat a hit? Now The Rocket mascara has arrived in Singapore, I wasn't expecting myself to pick it up but I did and absolutely love it.

It is a little reminiscent to the Covergirl Lash Blast which I have heard of but never used in my entire life, in terms of the mascara wand. The mascara wand is big with the plastic spikes. The very reason I love this mascara so much, even much more than the Falsies Waterproof is that, it gives my lashes a very clean yet defined look. My lashes definitely looked longer and slightly volumised with this mascara. It's also incredibly smudgeproof. (Not really waterproof but it doesn't smudge under my eyes even if wet)

Falsies felt thick and heavy, but Rocket is very lightweight and great for everyday imo. The formula must be wet, and glided on instead of zigzagging the wand to get a clean and defined look. And that is the proper way to get the product on. Zigzagging the wand will make a mess on your lashes and won't get the desired effect.

It's totally my cup of tea because it is so much more lightweight and doesn't offer too much volume for my liking (Falsies can be overwhelming when applied 2 coats), AND the washable version is very easy to remove. It lasts all day long without smudging which is totally great for me!

While I still like the Falsies on occasions, I definitely found a perfect hit for me in Maybelline mascaras with The Rocket! Will definitely repurchase!

on 11/14/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this mascara, I had a bad beginning w/ it in Nov 2013 when trying it, got one w/ a defective stopper...but, decided to give it another go end of Jan 2014 when I started needing new ones (I have soooo many mascaras it's def my staple make-up item!!), but I love trying out new ones every new purchase. Anyhow, the 2nd time around w/ stable stopper in tact - I got length, volume, lift, seperation & amazing lashes in just ONE coat, tacking on an extra coat or 2 will not even give me clumps!! Plus, I just love the rich blackness of it. Usually reached for Mega Plush, but think I may buy just this & The Colossal moving fwd, tho I do have a fondness for the Volume Express line & Maybelline mascaras in general...Only wish they did NOT test on animals :( It's now March 1st 2014 & The Rocket even gets a little better w/ age when it dries out a little...I will toss it out @the end of the mo. as I do not keep drug store mascaras ever for the full 3 months, but that's why it's sooo great they're in-expensive!

on 11/12/2013 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Honestly I am usually always a high end mascara kinda gal. I have quite small, thin and straight eyelashes and I have been using my much loved Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume mascara most days and I bought this Maybelline mascara after seeing it featured on Essiebutton's blog. I bought it on sale for $6 at Target in the "blackest black" colour, and I have to say that I am totally impressed! I give my eyelashes a curl with my Shu Umera eyelash curler and then I add a few coats of this mascara and my eyelashes look full and defined. This is a great volumizing mascara, the brush is wonderful and this mascara doesn't flake or smudge. This morning I applied some Benefit They're Real mascara for length and a bit of the Maybelline The Rocket mascara for volume and my lashes looked amazing! I love this as an alternative to my high end mascaras and it does incredible things, especially for such a cheap price! I'd definitely recommend it to gals with thin lashes like me. I also have to add that I love the packaging. It's a very cute tube!

on 11/12/2013 5:35:00 PM

I haven't used a maybelline mascara for years and I tried this on a whim. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice, thick lashes in one coat without much clumping. Good black pigment too. I actually think it was much better than this Lancome GWP that I got. Also, I think it kind of lengthened my lashes too, even though it is just a volume mascara. Made my lashes and eyes sexy. That's what we want, right?

on 11/12/2013 1:12:00 PM

Normally I stay away from Maybelline mascaras. The formulation is too wet for me and ends up clumping/smearing. But this one was different...sort of. The brush is very similar to CG lashblast volume and the formula is still wet but it doesn't clump up on me. I always, always, always, use a basecoat mascara of the CG lashblast length and then alternate b/w volumizing mascaras. This one has really been doing a good job of creating volume, while keeping my lashes separated but full. A good alternative to my CG lashblast or Almay get up and grow.

One thing I don't care for is how difficult it is to remove. I use an oil cleanser and I find that even after rubbing my eyes gently, wiping away eye makeup with a washcloth I still have to use a m/u wipe after I get out of the shower to remove teh excess.

on 11/10/2013 8:05:00 PM

This formula did not work for me. It's so wet that when I curl my lashes and apply it takes the curl away and makes them clump. It was average so I won't be purchasing again

on 11/9/2013 5:49:00 PM

I like this mascara, it is similar to CoverGirl lash blast (orange tube) but it isn't as brittle. Very easy to use, great for everyday use.

Video Reviews & Tutorials