April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me. I have decently thick, long lashes but they really hate holding a curl. I thought my HG was the One by One Waterproof, which did a good job at separating my lashes and holding my curl while providing a cute fluttery look, however, by the end of the night my curl would be deflated with the One by One. The Rocket on the otherhand (waterproof formula) holds my curl even after a long night out dancing and sweating. I highly recommend for those who have hard to curl lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Hiraaxo

Originally I went to Walmart to buy L'oreal's carbon black mascara but once they has run out I had decided to buy the rocket. Despite all of the negative reviews I still bought it and decided to give it a try! I absolutely LOVE this mascara! Now I don't think it's better than carbon black but I do think it's pretty good for the $7 I paid! It gives my eyelashes both volume and length but it's a little hard to get off the lashes! Overall I really do like this mascara & I do recommend it! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What is up with the good people at Maybelline? Why must they launch a new mascara every other month? Why not offer a few good mascaras that impress by doing what they claim to do well? My favorite mascara from them was discontinued years ago - "Illegal Lengths Mascara." Don't confuse it with their "Illegal Length Fiber Mascara" which is nothing like it. Lately, I've been using "Define a Lash" but I'm afraid that one is being discontinued because I can't find it. I tried the "Rocket' and ended up with clumps and smudges like I've never experienced before. A crash landing all around my eyelids. If I can find my receipt, this one is going straight back to CVS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: When I first started to apply, i thought it was going to be crappy. It goes on quite funky, and I'm not usually a fan of that kind of brush with short bristles. I finished applying , curled and had great volume. Great length added, too. I have sparse and short lashes, and this made mine look fantastic and with very minimal clumping. Held my curl wonderfully. I love the waterproof version. It's inexpensive. Easier to remove than most waterproofs (may be a con to some who want better lasting power.)

CONS: I'm not in love with the gigantic brush with the tiny bristles because it's harder to get the tiny lashes at my eye corners. May not be waterproof enough for some (see my app. tips below)

ALTERNATES: I slightly prefer the waterproof version of this. But if I use this version, I put Clarins Double Fix (waterproofer) on top. I also like The Falsies (nonwaterproof), covered by Clarins Double Fix. For length and lots of thickness, I also like Jordana's Volumizing Mascara and Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. My absolute favorite for length/volume is probably Milani's Runway Lashes.

APPLICATION TIPS: Mine looked great after combing. This also does better if I try to start at the root of the lashes or somewhere near the base and drag it through the rest. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by cmcasey

So, as usual, I was very hesitant to purchase a new mascara - I almost NEVER do. I had been using Full N Soft by Maybelline for years. However, I AM SO GLAD I TOOK A CHANCE on The Rocket! I love this mascara (is it too soon to say possible HG?!). I have very thin hair, and thin light eyelashes. It really takes a lot to make them look long and full, but The Rocket did! I almost felt like I was wearing falsies! After applying two coats and curling, I went to the pool on a very hot and humid day. My lashes stayed perfect the entire time at the pool. I did not have a single flake of mascara on my face either. My eyelashes haven't looked this great since high school when I abusively curled them (I'm shocked I had any lashes left!). I know this mascara has had so-so reviews but I absolutely LOVE it! If you're on the fence I would definitely try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jennamackenzie

I really love this mascara. It leaves my lashes lengthy without the clumps. Although it doesn't thicken them alot, but you can always pair it with a good volumizing mascara. Would definittely buy this again and recommend it to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have been using this mascara for 2 months.

Price- Pretty reasonable at my local Target.

Packaging- Super cute colors!

Wand- Nice and big. Love it! Gets every lash!

Formula- Not too dry, not too wet.

Waterproof- It truly is! It won't come off without a make-up remover wipe. Sometimes it can be too difficult to get off, actually.

Lasting Power- Keeps the curl in my lashes all day.

Clumping- No clumps

Flaking- No flaking all day

Length and Volume- Great for me! Not too crazy. Still looks more on the natural side when just one coat.

Other- I wore it to prom and it looked awesome!

Conclusion- I like this mascara. I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie9464

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Rocket is my definite HG mascara. The wand bristles perfectly seperate and coat my lashes. I build on about 2-3 coats for amazingly long dark gorgeous lashes. Great price. Pretty packaging that makes it easy to find in my makeup bag. I can't think of one bad thing to say about this mascara!! I've repurchased over and over again. I may never stop.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Skyzeri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this mascara. Many people say it's hard to get off, but for me it's just a LOT to take off. I mean a lot. This product doesn't clump and separates my lashes nicely. It also makes my lashes super long; I've had people ask me if I'm wearing falsies before. Overall if you're willing to have a mascara that's a bit annoying to take off, I would recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Mascara is a nice one. Actually i like it but i will not re-buy it! There are some other cheaper drugstore brands which do the same like this one.

Anyway, this mascara has a wet formula which makes it difficult to apply. Be careful if you are going to apply second coat you should be fast because it dries very fast. It really gives volume but i think this mascara is not for girls with short lashes. It s not the easiest mascara to remove but it is ok (6 / 10). It also gives a nice and soft curl. Plus lashes are easily separated with its brush. (as you can see on my lashes above). Above all it makes your lashes curly (softly curled lashes). One down side is, it is falling out during the day

All in all it is a 7 / 10 mascara for me :)