July 29, 2014 | 1833 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jacqc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in very black, and yes it is very black. The brush is a fat plastic/rubber one with short bristles that are more like tiny spikes. Volumizes well, but a little clumpy. The only thing I have against this mascara is that it doesn't hold my curl, a big no-no for me for mascaras. I'm going to try the waterproof version, it might be better at that. Smudge factor is minimal on my oily eyes and skin - a little on the outer edges of my lower lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

Super black and thick look! Not natural, but stay power is good, very little flaking. For me, this is the best Maybeline mascara. Also, in comparison to Lash Blast, the formula is lighter and lasts longer. The fat rocket shaped tube is kind of awkward, but it's no big deal. Be careful with this one though, because it can get clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by maggiep01

My previous mascara before this was Maybelline's One by One which I absolutely swore by. Went through 5 of times (changing once every 3 months) before my local shop decided to stop stocking them. Absolute devastation but I suppose it gave me the chance to find a new mascara.

What enticed me to get the rocket volum was because in a mascara I tend to look for lengthening due to having shorter than average lashes (Asian problems) as well as volume and this product works wonders for me.

It definitely lengthens my lashes if not accentuates them, volume wasn't as good as the one by one but still does a decent job. Basically I am currently going through my 2nd tube about to go on third with no regrets.

What's best is I get £2 off in Boots with the boots vouchers on any mascara, so the price is definitely decent for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by BabyDoll367

I havent tried a lot of mascara, but this worked pretty good for me. Its not really meant for a night out look since it doesnt give the voluminous look that fake lashes do, but it gives pretty decent length. If you want something to REALLY stand out, I wouldnt recommend it, but its good for a day to day look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Bethlove990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The way I see it, you either LOVE this product, or you hate it...

I myself, really like it. Although it takes a while to get the hand of application (to avoid major clumps, which this mascara loves to form) after you grow accustomed to it, the end result looks fabulous!!!
One thing is, though, you have got to love big, thick lashes. For a softer, more natural look, steer elsewhere, because when they say volume-they mean it!
Overall, some clumps (that disappear with practice), no flaking and a really bold look

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by lexiestyles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

nice mascara! it gives your lashes a long effect although it was clumpy and flaky after more than one coat of it. in my opinion I think there could of been more volume as it is part of the volume express range. altogether, though, a great mascara for what you have to pay!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by donnaperez7

After seeing various youtubers rave about this product I decided to give it a shot but I just did not like what it did for my lashes. It did define my lashes but it did not add any length and it clumped a lot. Ill stick with falsies for now

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good mascara, not quite HG because it clumps fairly easily after 1 or 2 coats but I do like the formula. It wants to be Lash Blast so bad but falls a little short. The formula is basically a slightly wetter Lash Blast and doesn't give as much length. It does give you defined lashes tho and good volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by MissMarisa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm addicted. Nuff said

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara I have ever purchased and I will never use anything else unless this gets discontinued. It is absolutely fantastic! I use the waterproof formula in very black and it looks so good! Application is easy, as is removal (the remover I use is intended for waterproof makeup). My eyelashes are already very full so I was worried that using this would make me look like a cartoon character, but it plumped them up just enough to make a statement. I've never had any issue with clumping or running. This is a product that absolutely deserves five lippies!