October 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Mayita23

Love this palette! beautiful matte colors except for a highlight one but it's just as great! Complement my UD N2 beautifully but it's just as wonderful when used alone! I have found myself picking this up more than any if my other palettes! Great for everyday looks. The dark almost black shadow is great to use as an under eyeliner for that smoky look. Great color payoff! Only downside is its a bit hard to open who knows maybe its me, but because of it I've already slightly gashed one..*tear* lol

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by daniellepastirchak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is matte, so it's not as creamy in texture as Urban' s other shadows, matte wise, the texture is wonderful. This palette may not be for people who really love the more shimmery shades by urban. If you love matted, I highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by fallon4yoo

I like this palette, however, it does not live up to the other Naked palettes standards. I mostly use this palette in conjunction with my other eyeshadows. I use Venus for my inner corner, W.O.S as a highlight, and Naked 2 as a transition color to blend out harsh lines. The color pay for all the shadows are good and they are mostly smooth.

There is one thing about this palette that really bothers me, and that's the SMELL. Whenever I use the mirror and have the palette close to my face, I can smell something funky, almost like urine.

But overall, this is a good palette that is good for travel and keeping in your purse.

The

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by mtuckfield

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Perfect choice for women who don't want/can't wear shimmery shadows. I find the texture and pigmentation of these shadows to be excellent. I've been using the palette daily since I purchased it about 5 weeks ago. I don't spend much time having to blend, and the colors are saturated enough to actually show up, even the lighter shades - this can be a problem with nude tones in my experience.

I've read reviews that said the texture wasn't as good in this palette compared to other UD shadows but I only own one other UD shadow so I can't really compare. However, this says to me that the UD shadows must be most excellent overall..The brand definitely is geared towards younger women who can wear the beautiful shimmers and intense colors offered by Urban Decay. This palette is a great nod to more mature women who have wanted to try the brand.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm no longer a UD virgin, lol!
I've been on a matte eyeshadow kick as of late and I got the Naked Basics palette because I wanted to have something from UD and I liked the colour combination.

I've been road testing this palette for the past couple of days and so far, I'm in love!
The colours work beautifully together and the pigment is superb. they go on like buttah without being chalky. The shadows have lasted all day (primer does help) and the shades compliment my colouring. (Asian, NC30/C3)

If the original Naked palette is too shimmery for you, this is a lovely matte choice.
Oh yes, the palette is the perfect size for travelling!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by NewFoundLuv4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great "go to" eyeshadow palette. (other than the Naked & Naked 2 of course). I use this palette weekly... Love the colors, love that they're all pretty well pigmented amazing packaging.... I can go on & on. This is my "go to" palette when I'm going away, staying at a friend's house, etc.... It fits perfectly in my makeup bag & all of the colors can be used in many different ways...LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

...And on the Third Day, UD created "Naked Basics". I used to be so sad when theoriginal Naked palette was introduced. The neutrals were wonderful, but alas, too warm for my cool skintone. Then Naked 2 was introduced and I was happy!! I've already hit pan on a couple of the shadows in N2 and truly love the palette, but I've always wondered--what if UD came out with a totally matte Naked Palette?
.....and Naked Basics was born! I love this so much I purchased two.
The palette is smaller than the previous Naked palettes, but good things come in small packages. Every neutral color is great--and the black shadow is so versatile as a brow filler, a liner and a shadow. This is THE perfect palette for travel! The rubberized compact is a great idea as well. There is no way this palette is going to randomly open up and get shadow dust all over..and the 27.00 price is heavenly.
Very. VERY happy and will definitely repurchase!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Joliheart26

Pairs well with the other NAKED palettes, and as a stand alone palette. I love how it has one shimmery shade for a highlight. Love the size of the palette, and the big mirror is awesome - it's perfect for travel. My cons are that I find it a struggle to open (maybe it's just mine?) and that it smells HORRIFIC! When I use the mirror that comes with it, I want to hold my breath because it smells like something is rotting or moldy - I don't know, but I have the original NAKED and the NAKED 2 and they don't have a scent. Awesome product, but does make me a little sick to my stomach if my nose gets too close to it, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for an easy, portable matte palette, and this ended up fitting the bill perfectly. I won't go through each shade individually, as many reviews for this product already do so, but I will say that the shadows are of excellent quality, and when I use some UDPP underneath, I can go 12+ hours crease-free. I use Foxy on the lid, Faint in the crease, Walk of Shame on the browbone and Venus as an inner eye highlight, and I get a subtle, matte, go-with-anything, daytime smokey look that is perfect for all occasions and circumstances. Paired with some winged eyeliner and a nude lip, this makes me feel very Brigitte Bardot. :) I can understand some of the complaints about not all of the colors showing up on not all skin tones. I'm an NC 35, and when I don't use a primer underneath, some of these colors are barely even visible on me. I think if I were just one or two skin shades darker, some of these would go on a touch ashy. It's not a high drama look that i get from this palette, but for my purposes, this works beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the palette. It brightens up my face very nicely. I don't do smokey eyes very often, even when dressing up, so the look I'm nearly always trying to achieve is a basic, fresh, face. This definitely does that. Though, I wish they had given us something a little different. For me, and my fair skin, once I put on the "flesh toned" colors, the one dark brown (faint) is just way too dark. I do like the black, but I have black in every other UD palette and I only ever use it as an eyeliner. They either should have made it a little bigger, and given everyone more options (I know some people don't like having so many lighter shades), or just sell their shadows as duos/trios/quads instead of trying to make a palette as often as they do. I would have been excited about the first four shades in a quad.
So, I am happy with it. $27 is a good price for a small palette that I will get a lot of use out of. Just wish there were a few things different.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No