December 19, 2014 | 1461 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kendraemiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer more neutral colors for make up. This is a great palette for people with those kinds of tastes. Five of the six shadows are completely matte. The lightest shadow is a shimmer. This palette can allow for a variety of looks. Shadows are opaque and blend beautifully. Packaging is great, sleek and compact. The palette is smaller than an iphone. Urban Decay single shadows are $18 each for 0.05 oz. This palette features six 0.05 oz shadows for $27. This seems expensive but if you like these colors, it's a deal. In my opinion, it's a great palette. Well worth the money, I hope Urban Decay never discontinues it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by snp1908

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried with this, but I realize it was so pointless. I have so many other UD dupes. I'm going to take this back tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by CAMille126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of having a palette with "basic matte shades". However there are many "basic dupes" comparable to this palette. The packaging is nice and compact with a good sized mirror. However the colors are too cool for my tanned skin and it comes out really ashy or muddy looking on me. It does however complement the first two naked palettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by fashionjunki09

For the price it is worth the money..but its not as "naked" as I would hope it to be..the shimmer was a little bit too much for me..but overall the colors are great for everyday use. Staying power is also quiet good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not get the hype for this. Yes, the colors blend and are pigmented....but I suppose I don't see the need for a "basics" palette when many people already own dupes of these colors or similar (if they want to admit it or not). I've got a plethora of similar shades from MAC, UD itself, Bobbi Brown, L'oreal, Too Faced and NYX which wouldn't justifiy spending money on this. It's tiny, to boot (although for travel it would work quite well). I would say for a true makeup VIRGIN this is a decent palette....for many beauty junkies I think it's an overhyped marketing scheme to persuade people into thinking they need these colors in one place. Boring, contrived, marketed towards lemmings, expensive for what it is.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by geraniumkiss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette, and I use it every day. The only color I don't use is the black (I'm in my fifties and it's too harsh). I use the light sparkly color on the inner corners, and all the other colors on the lid at different times. I will definitely buy this again when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese. IF I FORGOT ALL MY MU ON BIZ TRAVEL, THIS WOULD BE THE ONE EMERGENCY PALETTE I WOULD BUY! I just took an unplanned business trip based on 4 hour notice to my flight, so did some ultimate last min packing. Funnily enough, I packed all my makeup and forgot jammies. :D But it gave me something to think about...

How I would use it and in this order left to right (all colors!):
Foxy #2 - overall matte shade for my warm toned skin
Naked2 #4 - eye crease (and later nose contour)
Faint #5 - outer corner
W.O.S. #3 - center or inner lid
Venus #1 - brow and inner corner highlight, swipe on bottom eye rim
Crave #6 - winged eyeliner
Faint #5/Crave #6 - brows

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this palette. I really like wearing neutral colors, especially for an every day look such as going to work. I'm a nurse so I can't be wearing shimmers or shiny make up so having this neutral palette is pretty awesome. They blend in well together and I really like the size. It's smaller than my iPhone 4 so it makes travelling handy. The colors are also good for blending and even though some people may complain that you can't really see the colors, I find it helps cover the veins on my lids if I decide not to wear anything that day but just want to even out the lid skin. I'd repurchase it if by the time I finish using the palette, it would still be available :P

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Agharzeddine

This is the best palette for daily use, The mattes are easy to blend and the highlighter is to die for. The price is great in comparison to the naked 1 and naked 2 palettes. Should definitely be in every girl's makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had seen this at the store but not really looked closely at it...then urban decay was having a 20% off sale, so I bought it. When I opened it and looked at it, I thought, "boring, flat, gonna be chalky looking...why did I buy this". Well, I decided to go ahead and put some on...and still was thinking it was boring and kind of flat.....but, once I added one of my colorful shadows in the crease, and began playing with the whole look....it was awesome! It looked creamy, not matte or flat like I thought, and really added alot to the overall look of my eyes. Being older, I will use some shimmer but need mattes-but with alot of matte colors, they look dry, chalky, and end up making me look even older...... so if you are looking for creamy mattes that don't do that, this is a must for all of us mature women!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No