August 28, 2014 | 1517 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

...And on the Third Day, UD created "Naked Basics". I used to be so sad when theoriginal Naked palette was introduced. The neutrals were wonderful, but alas, too warm for my cool skintone. Then Naked 2 was introduced and I was happy!! I've already hit pan on a couple of the shadows in N2 and truly love the palette, but I've always wondered--what if UD came out with a totally matte Naked Palette?
.....and Naked Basics was born! I love this so much I purchased two.
The palette is smaller than the previous Naked palettes, but good things come in small packages. Every neutral color is great--and the black shadow is so versatile as a brow filler, a liner and a shadow. This is THE perfect palette for travel! The rubberized compact is a great idea as well. There is no way this palette is going to randomly open up and get shadow dust all over..and the 27.00 price is heavenly.
Very. VERY happy and will definitely repurchase!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Joliheart26

Pairs well with the other NAKED palettes, and as a stand alone palette. I love how it has one shimmery shade for a highlight. Love the size of the palette, and the big mirror is awesome - it's perfect for travel. My cons are that I find it a struggle to open (maybe it's just mine?) and that it smells HORRIFIC! When I use the mirror that comes with it, I want to hold my breath because it smells like something is rotting or moldy - I don't know, but I have the original NAKED and the NAKED 2 and they don't have a scent. Awesome product, but does make me a little sick to my stomach if my nose gets too close to it, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for an easy, portable matte palette, and this ended up fitting the bill perfectly. I won't go through each shade individually, as many reviews for this product already do so, but I will say that the shadows are of excellent quality, and when I use some UDPP underneath, I can go 12+ hours crease-free. I use Foxy on the lid, Faint in the crease, Walk of Shame on the browbone and Venus as an inner eye highlight, and I get a subtle, matte, go-with-anything, daytime smokey look that is perfect for all occasions and circumstances. Paired with some winged eyeliner and a nude lip, this makes me feel very Brigitte Bardot. :) I can understand some of the complaints about not all of the colors showing up on not all skin tones. I'm an NC 35, and when I don't use a primer underneath, some of these colors are barely even visible on me. I think if I were just one or two skin shades darker, some of these would go on a touch ashy. It's not a high drama look that i get from this palette, but for my purposes, this works beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the palette. It brightens up my face very nicely. I don't do smokey eyes very often, even when dressing up, so the look I'm nearly always trying to achieve is a basic, fresh, face. This definitely does that. Though, I wish they had given us something a little different. For me, and my fair skin, once I put on the "flesh toned" colors, the one dark brown (faint) is just way too dark. I do like the black, but I have black in every other UD palette and I only ever use it as an eyeliner. They either should have made it a little bigger, and given everyone more options (I know some people don't like having so many lighter shades), or just sell their shadows as duos/trios/quads instead of trying to make a palette as often as they do. I would have been excited about the first four shades in a quad.
So, I am happy with it. $27 is a good price for a small palette that I will get a lot of use out of. Just wish there were a few things different.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing.
I am NW20 and although I like full coverage makeup, I am shy of bright shades and eyeshadows. I never wear eyeshadow. I don't know what to do with it or how to make it look good but I've always wanted to use it. A friend who has the original Naked palettes recommended this to me as it has neutral, matte shades that would be a good starting palette. I went to Urban Decay and the SA tried a few looks on me. I liked every look she did except when she used Crave (the darkest black-brown shade) but I will try to use this with a wet angled brush as a liner (which the SA didnt)

The price is great (20) for 6 great shades that are a lovely buttery consistency, good quality and last all day.
Venus is a satin light neutral pink
Foxy is a light sand shade
WOS is sand with a hint of dusky pink
Naked 2 is a light slate taupe
Faint is a dark chocolate brown
Crave is pretty much black with the teensiest bit of brown.

I feel that I can reach for this most days and I don't feel like I'm out of my comfort zone! I think this would be great for an eyeshadow newbie like me whereas my friend who loves eyeshadow prefers the versatility of Naked 1 and 2.

The packaging is sturdy and tough. I don't think I'll be breaking this any time soon. So I think 20 for a good quality palette of 6 wonderfully made eyeshadows is a bargain. I wouldn't even mind if they bumped up the price a bit and added a small eye primer potion or brush!

I would repurchase this over and over again as I feel like this palette has opened up lots of new, lovely everyday looks for me and is a bit more exciting than winged eyeliner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by BeckyDunmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this palette! I really like matt finish eye shadows so the idea of this palette instantly had my attention and it lives up to the hype.
The colours are very blendable and stay in place all day with an eye shadow primer. They create a great look for both day and night, I use this palette when I know I'm working that day and I often get compliments on my eye make-up.
The only downside of the product is I find the palette slightly hard to open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah! Finally, UD made an all matte shadow palette :)
As with the other UD palettes, the quality of the shadows are fantastic. These are matte but also super creamy and soft and NEVER chalky. The only issue I have is with the fact that there are so many highlight/ base colours. I can understand the shimmer white one and even foxy but i don't know why they included WOS. It's basically a pink based foxy. I wish they had included another midtone brown or taupe shade instead of WOS.
Overall, this is an awesome palette I grab often simply because I love the quality.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Angelbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette because I wear neutrals everyday and thought it would be great for travel. I love the packaging -- very compact, sturdy, has a good mirror, and looks very nice. The shadows themselves are highly pigmented and easily blendable. All the shadows are matte except Venus which is a little shimmery. The color selection in this palette makes blending very easy. However, my issue with this palette is that there is an overwhelming amount of highlight colors. I've very pale, so Venus is a a great highlight that shows up on my skin. Foxy and W.O.S. both blend right into my skin color though. These two shades are far too similar, and I wish UD would've included another mid-tone shade instead (maybe something in between Faint and Crave?). Overall, I do like this palette a lot. The similarity between Foxy and W.O.S. is my only complaint.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

This palette is just what I hoped it would be. It is easy to wear colors that go with everything.
I only gave it 4 stars because it does not make me look as FABulous as some other palettes do, but really, it is supposed to be basic and it is just that.
I think it was a very good purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahluvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!! these eye-shadows! they go on so smoothly and blend like a dream! I have a medium skin tone and it shows up beautifully on me. Ladies if your just looking for a natural MATTE palette then this one is for you! This is my go too material for everyday use! the packaging is very cute,nice, and small so you can carry it in your makeup bag when ever your on the go! The price is pretty decent compared to other urban decay palettes. I say that this product is worth a shot!