L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 3/27/2013 5:00:00 PM

Price: $7.99 at Target
Amount: 1 fluid ounce
Shade: Light (I'm NC 25-30 depending on season)

Overall, nice face product that doesn't break me out. It is VERY sheer. I use it like a tinted moisturizer/primer and use my Make Up For Ever Pro Finish face powder all over it. Then I have a natural, non-oily, no fuss makeup look that lasts all day. It makes my makeup routine only about 5-10 minutes in the morning as opposed to full face makeup. Nice for the price and I would repurchase.

First things first, I hate how this is so runny that it just oozes out of the top! I literally store it upside down so that when I use it the product doesn't come running out all over as soon as I take the cap off. And that's another thing! The product gets all over the inside of the cap, and that's another reason why I store the BB cream upside down. Now, I've never tried any of the Asian BB creams, but I'm pretty sure their skincare benefits are greater than L'Oreal has. I love this as a tinted moisturizer, but I don't believe any of it's claims to improve the quality of your skin. I also love how the little beads that eventually turn into the pigment sort of massages the skin. Some people may be averse to trying this product just because of that odd texture, but I actually enjoy it. Even though the shade range is very limited, I was able to find a great shade match (medium). Sadly, this does tend to have a grayish look to it, but that goes away if you powder it; the gray tint also fades within the first hour of wear so that's good. This BB cream goes on pretty matte, but then sets to a ncie satin throughout the day. With this product, my skin tends to get a little oily after 4-5 hours of wear which isn't too bad. Given, I don't have oily skin, I have combination skin; it only gets mildly oily and then stays very dry others. This product does not extenuate dry patches, though I do like to use the DHC velvet skin beforehand only over those dry patches to keep the product going on smoothly. Overall, I really love how easy this product is to use and has suprisingly good coverage for a BB cream. :)

This product is very moisturizing and gives you an excellent finish, but it turns orange. If you're very fair this just won't work for you. It's disappointing because it feels great and looks great up until the color goes off.

I've found that I could wear it if I applied bronzer on my neck and chest, but who wants to go through all that trouble every day?

on 3/24/2013 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised when I put this on my face and it was white. I thought "geez what have I gone and bought here?" But I went ahead and used it like a regular light foundation and I just love the results. I am 58 with a normal amount of wrinkles for my age but skin is in good shape. Regular foundation seems to settle into the creases and accentuates my wrinkles but this cream seems to diffuse the light and brightens my complexion. I did not find it at all greasy, in fact it looked great after 7-8 hours of wear. I purchased this thinking it was something with more color to it but I love the medium and I will continue to purchase it. If you want a lot of coverage this is not for you but if you want to have your skin just look really nice and even in tone you will love this BB cream.

on 3/22/2013 11:06:00 PM

I purchased this in Fair and it turned orange almost immediately. The orange mellowed out after about twenty minutes, but it was still too dark for my NW15 complexion.

on 3/22/2013 11:49:00 AM

I just put this on my face because it came as a product sample, and after living with it awhile and reviewing the comments here, I have a theory: this stuff is just self-tanning cream with a lotion mixed in. Why else would it 1) be so greasy, 2) turn orange, 3) smell the way it does, and 4) feel so yucky on the skin? No thanks; going to wash it off now. What a sham/shame.

on 3/21/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Also surprised that this product isn't getting higher reviews. I love it. It smooths out the imperfections, gives a hint of color, makes a great base for foundation.

It does have silicone in it, so if you have really oily skin you might want to avoid it. My T-zone does get a bit oily with this by the end of the day, but that happens with almost anything I use, so I blame my skin more than the product.

It also seems to last a long time. I don't wear it every day, but my tube seems to be really lasting. Great value.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

LOVE this product!!! I use it every single day! The lasting ability is perfect, for an all day wear. The formula doesn't get my very oily skin anymore shiny than any foundation I've tried has. With powder you don't even really have to worry. It blends in VERY quickly, making it a great product for if you're in a rush and need to get your makeup done quickly. It's light, you don't feel it on your face, and it looks natural. It's a light-medium coverage, I'd say, depending on how many layers you put on of it. If I'm not satisfied with the coverage on certain days I just put a little concealer on the spots I'm not satisfied with.
The only bad thing I can say about this product is the color selection. I have VERY pale skin, so I picked the lightest color which is a shade too dark. Which is a bummer, but I still make it work because I'm in love with the product. Highly recommend it, despite the color selection.

on 3/20/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Absolutely LOVE!!! I have tried one too many BB Creams in my time using make up and this is by far the best. Goes on easily, does not feel heavy on your skin & the greatest thing of all is that it leaves my face oil free and matte looking all day long!!

on 3/20/2013 10:14:00 PM

I echo the comments of the last reviewer in that this is a very good product as far as making my skin look smoother and giving me a matte finish, with no oily t-zone problems. I too am surprised that this isn't getting better reviews. I had been on the look out for a BB cream that has a built-in primer as this one does and it really is great. I got the light one as I have very fair skin and was also pleasantly surprised that there is no funky color to interfere with my makeup. The tube is well-designed and the product comes out whitish which I didn't expect; though it's not hard to blend in with your skin tone. So far, this is the best BB cream I have found and love the unique, no color formula which leaves my skin looking luminous and flawless. I also recommend using it as an eyeshadow and lipstick primer as well. Makes lip color and eyeshadow go on smoother and doesn't alter the color of your makeup at all. Great stuff!!!