January 27, 2015 | 1558 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by PhiaLove627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I bought a shade to dark for me, but I mix it with my skin 79 bb cream and it seems to work well. It is medium to full coverage, and has a natural luminous finish. I think combination skin could use this, but oily skin may not enjoy the dewiness. It depends on the finish you like. Personally, my skin is more normal-dry so I really love this on days where I need an extra oomph to my complexion. The pump is also awesome, I wish that more drugstore foundations would come with a pump! My only critique is that the I'm not a huge fan of how l'oreal organizes their foundations. It confuses my brain, and even though I'm not warm toned or neutral toned, those seem to be the lightest, while the supposedly "cool" shades are more designed for darker skin. I have cool, blueish-pink based skin so I thought the cool shade might be more flattering but it turned out to be too dark. Oh well, once I finish it, I will pick up the lightest warm shade! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation with some outstanding qualities. First, the fact that this has a pump is a HUGE step up from most drugstore foundations. Second, the color selection is fantastic, with Sun Beige matching my skin tone (NC42) better than any other foundation I own (except for my Illamasqua Skin Base foundation).

However, there are also some less than outstanding qualities in this, such as the lasting power and the coverage. The coverage isn't bad, but if you're looking for full-coverage, this may not be for you (it gives a solid medium coverage, with a decent ability to hide blemishes). The lasting power is also somewhat poor, as the directions even state to "reapply every two hours" (I personally don't do this--I'll reapply once, maybe twice throughout the day). I enjoy the dewy finish this leaves on my skin, but the moisturizing properties of this leave me with a pretty oily t-zone by the end of the day due to my combination skin.

I find myself reaching for this foundation when I'm planning a more laid-back day since it's easy to use with the pump, matches my skin well so I don't have to do too much as far as contouring and concealing, and leaves a natural dewy finish. While this hasn't reached HG by any means, it's still a reliable and affordable product that I'm happy to have in my collection now and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

For $14, this is a steal. It is an excellent light to medium coverage foundation. It is as good as the Lancome, Guerlaine fdn. that charged up to 6 times as much.
But I doubt the marketing strategy of L'Oreal, because I find this is quite the same as 2 versions of fdn, in the Visible Lift line, the one that comes with a brush and the other just in pump. It just makes suckers like us to buy more, yes, more of the same stuff but with a different name & package.
I picked N5 and it matches my NC3-35, NW25 (good skin days) quite good. There is no lumi quality, just a satin matte finish, I guess its because my face is dry as it sucks up the moisture from the fdn, leaving no dewiness behind, even though I always moistured well beforehand.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the regular TM foundation, so I bought a bottle of this along with the regular on a BOGO 50% off at Walgreens. I love the soft texture and the dewier finish. It's not as matte and the coverage isn't as heavy as the original, but it would be good for summer or lighter makeup days.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

First off, I hate the Orginial TM Fndtn. I also couldn't find a good color, so I went with the lighter one.
I really like the packaging. Its a clear bottle with a silver pump. Im not a stickler for germs, but its always nice to have a pump. I usually use about 2 pumps of this.
This is a very nice, naturally luminous foundation. I have normal skin with a slightly oily nose, so I know when my foundation is greasy.
While this is very thin, it never really settles into my skin. When it does, its very oily. The sad part is that I really like the way it makes my skin look. I recommend this for those with drier skin who prefer a healthy glow from within look. If you have oily skin and REALLY want to try this, try applying it with a sponge such as the BB or SK Beauty Sponge. I imagine that a cosmetic sponge will give you the same affect. Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you are on the market for a light weight easy foundation try the lumi foundation. I got in in color 6W and it matches me very well. My only complaint is the longevity of it, but I don't want heavy coverage. I have dry skin so it doesn't look so dewy on me just natural. The pump is good for dispensing what you need. I have used it in my fingers, real techniques expert brush and Sigma F85 and it all works. my favorite is with my fingers though. This is a definite staple drug store foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by mommyof4girls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been using True Match Super Blendable for at least five years, but as I am getting older (and drier), I wanted to try something more moisterizing and dewey looking. I must say I really like how this feels! It seems a little runny, but the coverage is buildable and I was quiet impressed. I get so dry and flaky around my nose, but with this foundation, I saw a huge reduction in the dryness and flakes. I'm not quite sure someone with oily skin could wear this as I can see how it would make them appear oiler. I wear Neutral 1-2 soft/classic ivory. Only 4 lippies because of color selection...doesn't keep in line with the True Match colors I am used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetsophiav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation BUT only for the colder days. This foundation is for dryer skin, this foundation feels so moisturizing on the skin, NOT oily just moisturizing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by raindrops_on_roses

I was not expecting to like this at ALL to the point where I already had regret in the checkout line at Ulta. (I have had bad luck with L'Oreal products for awhile.) Man, was I wrong. Since I got this 3 months ago it's the only foundation that has touched my face and I have no desire to try anything else. First, I LOVE pump packaging because it's neater to use and more convenient, IMO. One pump produces only a small dollop of product but I was shocked to see how well it covered my entire face. (I might use 1.5 to 2 pumps if I'm having a bad skin day or I'm going to be photographed, but most of the time 1 pump is perfect). It glides on like a dream and it blends seamlessly into the skin. It has good coverage but does appear cakey in the least even when you build it up a bit. This all probably sounds like ad copy, but for me it is the truth--L'Oreal really delivered on this one. Great quality product and I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

1) Con: Shade selection is really strange, this is my main gripe. Revlon CS in Buff is a hair too light for me in the summer but it's perfect in the winter. L'Oreal Lumi doesn't have a W2, which would probably my color. I'm using W3 which works if I do a light layer and blend some onto my neck. My face and neck are lighter than my body though, so maybe this is a good thing? I need to think on this.

2) Con: W1-2 and W3 are also oddly peachy for a warm foundation. W4 is a lot better. Surprisingly, W4 also worked for me when I put on a light layer.

3) Pro: Offers great coverage in a lightweight formula. I can layer over areas that need it without it becoming cake-y looking.

4) Pro: Kinder on skin for dry winter weather. The main reason I looked for a new foundation. Revlon CS highlighted flakes and dry skin.

5) Pro: Formula works with my sunscreen. I switched to using a sunscreen on my face instead of a high SPF moisturizer because I was already moisturizing with argan oil. Revlon CS and Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 apparently do not mix well. The combination made me look like I had little flakes all over my face.

6) IDK. Upon application, this formula looks too dark and too peach (pink/orange) on me.

*Edit: can't take it anymore it is way too dark. Exchanging.
**Edit 2: Nope. My skin has a olive/green undertone, all of this line's foundations are too peachy on me. I took a bottle of my regular Revlon CS in Buff and compared it to all the foundations in the drugstore. It seems Revlon is the only brand that makes foundation that has the least amount of red/orange/pink in it.