December 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Melindahaney25

I bought this product on a "whim" and I'm glad I did!! I love the way it makes my skin look. I get airbrush tans and I had nothing but compliments on how my skin looked! I do use a powder on my nose cause I have combo skin. I have always had issues with finding a foundation. I would start out liking it but then something would change. I have never been really for using "drug store" foundations but none of the high end products did it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by amycakes

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this product anticipating a luminous, glowy finish. However, it felt runny and dry going on, kind of like acrylic paint...and it looked like a death mask covering my skin. The color match wasn't bad. I have a light/medium neutral to cool olive tone, and N4 was good for that. But, the worst was it gave me a huge, cystic acne pimple! I used to have bad acne when younger, but my skin turned dry due to age, and I haven't had even one pimple in many years.

I'm not sensitive to bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide, or silicones. That's what's strange. I'd highly advise women with acne issues not to even try this. It's not worth the risk when there are so many other choices out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! One of my favorites! I wanted something sheer and moisturizing for the fall/winter months. I got the shade Sun Beige (W6) As far as consistency goes it's very much so like the Maybelline BB Cream (another light foundation I love.) it's a very runny liquid it spreads easily and blends very well. I have combination skin that gets drier during cold weather months. This foundation moisturizes and keeps my skin looking healthy. It gives it a bit of a glow without looking oily. You can still see your skin through this makeup which I love. I use this to even out my skintone and keep my skin well moisturized. If you are someone that wants those things I'm sure you will love this product. If you are someone that has oily skin or wants a foundation with a lot of coverage then this isn't it. For people with my skin type I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaFlowers

This is my first time ever wearing makeup and to be quite honest, it is disappointing. I have the n7-8, which is a classic tan neutral. While it does match my skin tone, it doesn't give that much coverage. I've realized that I have been breaking out ever since I starting using this product despite the fact that I wash and moisturize my face day and night. On top of that, it comes off on everything. So, I can't wear any white clothing if I want to wear this makeup. I will say this though: it does make my skin luminous. Overall, it is mediocre. If it stayed on, gave more coverage, and didn't cause me to break out, then it would have a much better rating. Besides that, it comes in nice packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by aishasd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like makeup that looks very natural and this product does just that for me! I usually use this over a primer and apply it either with a stippling brush or with my bare fingers. It is very blendable and not streaky at all. The coverage is light, and you will require a concealer to cover up spots/pigmentation. Love the pump and the wide color selection. Overall, a good buy and I will purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by shilo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! At first I was disappointed as I THOUGHT it didn't cover well. But, each day I wore it, I noticed a smoothness, softer and a younger looking feel and texture to my face. The makeup is not heavy at all and yes, there is a glow, a youthful one to this 62 year old face! The circles under the eyes are gone (no need for concealer) and the color N5 is a perfect match for my light medium golden tone. It is buildable and several colors are offered to match perfectly. I may have to powder my nose after 6 hrs or so, but this makeup has the qualities of Clinique or Estee Lauder in my opinion at a much affordable price! A keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For someone who has extremely oily skin, I'm surprised I like this a lot. For reference I am NC35 in MAC PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 320 in Rev Whipped, 310+330 in Rev CS, OC30 in Shiseido Maquillage Lasting Liquid UV. I have moderate acne-scarring and I live in a hot and humid weather.I have this in W5 Gold sand, which is a perfect match for me, with slightly yellow undertone (not orange like MAC's foundation) as I have a yellow asian undertone.

Texture: The texture of this foundation is very interesting, it is runny but has a creamy body to it if that made sense, a little like ice cream when its partially melted. It applies beautifully, spreads evenly, easily blendable and doesnt dry quickly leaving you time to blend properly. The texture is also very lightweight and feels very airy. This applies well using fingers or flat top kabuki brush, with the flat top, you get better coverage

Coverage: The coverage of this is light-to true medium and truly buildable. I find that after layering, it covers my acne scars well enough that I dont need a concealer. Layering doesnt make it look cakey at all, this is one of those foundations that can be built for more coverage and yet stay very satiny and skin like.

Finish: This like its name give a luminous finish, a really2x beautiful finish it almost made my skin look healthy, translucent and glowing. It really gives you a fresh faced look. The finish is absolutely gorgeous, doesnt look cakey, looks like your skin but a better glowing healthy luminous version. If you apply a light dusting of powder on top, it still retains the fresh faced look, but with slightly less luminosity.

Wear: This surprisingly lasted on me about 6-7 hours without primer, considering it is not a long wearing foundation and I have extremely oily skin, and live in a hot and humid weather where I have been known to sweat a tonnes. It stayed pretty well for 6-7 hours and would start disintegrating after that. With a good primer underneath, this lasted me through 11-12 hours working day, actually great. I find however this left me rather oily by mid-day so i have to blot a couple of times and I dont really mind, since this doesnt claim to be oil-controlling either. For me, it doesnt control oil all that well. This does oxidize on me slightly, just slighly, but doesnt go way too dark or turn orange. Consider picking it up in a lighter shade.

Reaction: I have not broken out from wearing this or experience any other side effects like itchiness as some foundations do.

Packaging: The packaging is beautiful, comes in a glass bottle with rose gold cap and pump. It feels expensive, but the price for me is not too expensive, with coupons you can get it for less, I picked this up at around USD10.00. The dispenser dispenses a good amount of product without being wasteful, I find that two full pumps is great at getting the most coverage out of this foundation with almost a full-cover pay off without being cakey.

All in all, the staying power would have been much better without a primer for someone with normal to dry skin. Oily girls should consider wearing primer with this to extend the wear time. All in all, I LOVE this foundation, I love the beautiful finish it gives, the cover the color the pump, everything..too bad I have to buy this online as it is not available in my local drugstore...but overall, a great find, amazing...Highly recommended!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by mariikun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Packaging is really nice. Pump is always a plus, but the formula of this foundation is horrible. It felt way too dewy for my liking and the finish was way too oily. I have N3 for super blendable foundation (which is too dark and pink for me) so I got W3 for this foundation. It ended up being way to light and pink! I don't understand! It should be more yellowish undertone since it's warm, right?? I am returning this foundation as soon as I can and sticking to super blendable.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying I love L'Oreal True Match foundation. It is the perfect match to my skin tone and gives great coverage. I am N1 in the True Match line, so naturally, I purchased the N1 in the Lumi and for some reason, it comes off as a bit yellow-er on my skin. I will be honest, I love the packaging of the Lumi, the pump is great - it was a big reason I purchased this product. I just wish the color was as true as the original TM. I don't want to waste this product and the coverage is medium - full, so I will occasionally combine this foundation with my original TM for a full coverage face for daywear. I won't repurchase this one since I already love the original TM enough to not own this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a few months ago since i noticed it at my local ulta store as a new product L'Oreal came out with. I got the color in N4-buff beige and it was "almost" a complete match. I thought the consistency was great, very light and airy... the texture was not too runny and not too thick. However: the lasting power? a big fat 0! i would venture to say it lasts all of about 4 hours before the product starts to separate, melt off/rub off and just disappear like houdini. i was very disappointed--- especially since I work ALL day and I didn't expect my foundation to give up by lunch time. Its in my "no longer use" drawer in my bathroom.. time to find something else that is more long wearing. :( boo.