July 29, 2014 | 1194 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

Most expensive drugstore foundation ever.

O_O I paid $21CAD (including tax)!! I mean, I know it has a fancy glass bottle container and a pump, but come on, it's still a drugstore product. I let this one slide because it's a newer product and they may mark it down in the next few months.

I think L'Oreal is taking a huge risk with putting out a product with a dewy finish such as True Match Lumi because I feel that a majority of women have oily/combo/normal skin and would appreciate foundations that are more oil-absorbent. Lumi is definitely made for normal to dry skin ladies who want to add life/luminosity to their skin (without the glitter particles). The dewy finish is absolutely beautiful and I do find that it radiates the face, almost like a glow from within look --albeit, I always top my foundation with Guerlain Meteorites powder in Tient Rose 01 so that may have something to do with it as well. Just keep in mind this does not absorb oil at all which means you must dust a light film of powder over your face to set it if you want it to stay and touch-ups with powder throughout the day is necessary to keep the oilies at bay. I have dry skin so I don't usually need to touch up when I'm out.

I felt like the coverage was medium, and that it was easily buildable. Lumi blends so effortlessly, reminiscent of high-end foundations. It has an SPF of 20, which is pretty high for a foundation (normally I see SPF between 8 and 15 in drugstore foundations).

The colour selection is fine at the moment, but they can come out with more yellow-based foundations as I find the "W's" still slightly pinkish. I wear W5 at the moment (slightly darker than my skin, but W4 was PINK!) and as I get darker throughout this month I think W5 will suite me fine. I'm contemplating to go back and get W3 in case I want to mix the two colours for a better match.

I do like this foundation, it wears comfortably on me. I have not worn it long enough to see if it breaks me out, but I will certainly update if it does.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by jrbee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation. I was a C7-8 and it matched well and looked great when first applied, however, the whatever they put in it to make it look luminous and dewy made my skin like an oil slick after only two hours, even using several oil control products under my makeup. At first I thought it was just my super oily skin, until I tried other foundations by L'Oreal and Revlon (and several higher end brands, too) and didn't have that problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by emgb

I really hoped to like this but nope, didn't happen. Always really take even positive reviews with a grain of salt because I banked a lot on one or two people here with acne-prone skin saying it didn't break them out and surely enough, I have broken out terribly. For about a week I have had three large, painful pimples with no sign of going away and I know this was the cause. It might be the extra/stronger sunscreen in it because I don't usually have this problem with L'Oreal makeup. I'm very fair-skinned and used the W1-W2 shade and I'm normally a W1 with regular True Match, and this combining of those two was too dark. The pump is amazing and the foundation blends effortlessly and has the nice initial finish that all True Match makeup does, but after about an hour it was makeup meltdown for me. It made my skin greasy and oxidized into some whack color; orange in some areas and dark beige in others. And I lament again about the breakout, it is really disappointing. The regular True Match has its flaws like it settles into lines, accentuates any skin dryness, etc. but it doesn't have the bad effects that this does for me. I have used TM, Infallible and Visible Lift, and the Lumi Healthy is definitely in dead last in my rankings. I don't recommend, specifically for those with pale and problem skin.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PROS: "Lumi" usually means sparkles, this has none
Pump = good

That's where it ends.

I've tried everything under the sun to make this work for me. 3 different primers, no primer, setting powder, no powder, applying a little, applying a lot, an assortment of brushes, and fingers. All failures.

Makes skin "glow" for about 5 mins, then the "glow" turns into an oxidizing greasy mess. This absolutely does not dry or set on me. Stays tacky ALL day.

I will give it one more go once the weather changes. Same results, in the trash it goes.

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Carolannsmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

One word for this foundation: LOVE. I was rummaging around Target, and the bottle caught my eye. Well, why not? I thought. Man, am I glad I followed my gut on this one! This foundation suits me excellently. I am the shade W1-2, and it's a fabulous match- maybe a *little* pale for me since it's summer, but not enough to be noticeable to anyone but myself. Come winter, I imagine the shade will be perfect. Finish-wise, I love the glow. I'm currently on Accutane, and while my skin has no flaky patches to speak of (I'm religious about moisturizing), it can look a little on the dull, flat side due to dryness. This foundation gives me a lovely illuminating glow that never looks shiny or greasy. I simply set with a bit of powder, and am set for a full day! The coverage is light to medium, which is fine by me- due to the success of the Accutane, I've got nothing to cover up- so I don't mind! Also, love the pump. It's so much more convenient than wrestling with a wide-mouthed bottle. Keep up the good work, L'Oreal, you've found a fan for life with this one!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

I needed a slightly darker foundation for summer when I use a little bit of self tanner. I didn't want to shell out for another MUFE Hi Def because I knew I'd only need this foundation occasionally and I also wanted one with spf. I noticed this at Walgreens and was really uncertain about the color—W1-2 & N1-2 looked like passable shades for my normal skin tone, but W3 and N3 seemed like a big jump. I wish they'd just make a W2 and N2. It seems like a lot of people are complaining about this very issue.

Anyway, I bought W3 and figured I could mix it with my Paula's Choice Best Face Forward foundation in Best Bisque if it was too dark. First I tried it alone, and it was too dark, as expected, but the finish, feel and light coverage were really nice. This will be perfect if I go heavier on the self-tanner at some point this summer. But I did see a line at my jaw, so with my second try I mixed it 50/50 with the PC, and it came out beautifully.

So overall it's not an HG foundation (a true W2 or N2 might've made me a believer, but these don't quite fly in the original True Match, either), but it's a good one to keep in the toolbox for blending and mixing up. I might grab a N1-2 for blending, as I really like the finish and wear of this. It does give a gorgeous, dewy finish that didn't turn my oily areas too oily and also didn't make my dry spots look flaky. I used PC Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concenntrate and Moisture Gel underneath.

Good stuff. Recommended, if you can work out a color match.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was smart for once and read the reviews before buying this product. I live in a semi-arid valley, and my dry skin really can suffer in the summers. I needed a good moisturizing foundation, and I've found a good one in this! The product goes on smoothly and evenly, does not settle into my fine lines, moisturizes effectively, and gives me a healthy, youthful glow. The only not so great part is, as others have said, that it stays a little shiny and moist, and it is resistant to setting powders. The coverage is translucent, but I always use concealer 1st anyhow. Overall, i like the end result of glowing, dewy, and younger looking - all pluses for an older lady like me, so I will probably repurchase. The price was great too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have lots of foundations that I test and use and this is one of the latest. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this product. It was pretty easy to match to my skintone and went on very easily. It blended out well, lasted throughout the day and provided the luminous finish that I was looking for. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying the Lancome Teint Miracle (which I have also reviewed-though the review itself is fairly short) and having it end in disaster I thought I'd try out the L'Oreal True Match Lumi in the hopes it would be less expensive and wouldn't break me out.

It is definitely not like the Teint Miracle. On me it set to a satin finish and as the day went on got really greasy and patchy. No matter what I did it still looked gross by the end of the day.

But, just like the Teint Miracle, it broke me out.

Sigh.

Looks like I won't be wearing L'Oreal brand face products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by pcm52311

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I alternate my foundations throughout the year/seasons depending on what my skin is like. It went through a bout where it had been on the drier side and my usual LM silk creme was a bit much for it to handle. Another favorite is Revlon Colorstay but that's also pretty mattifying for me so I decided to try true match lumi. It's a nice my skin but better foundation that's good for a luminous (hence lumi) look. Until then I had never ventured into L'oreal foundations due to the shading situation of C this and W that. Granted I've dealt with that system in the past w/ MAC but somehow I expect the drugstore foundation situation to be less complicated and more clear cut. I was around NC30 when I purchased this and went w/ W4. Originally I had thought I'd be W3 but after reading a review someone wrote/linked to on the board, W3 sounded more pink/less yellow than the former. I was able to use testers @ Walmart and compare both shades. I did find W4 to be more yellow and W3 to be more pink/just off for my skintone. W4 is an excellent match (for now) however I find L'oreal's shading system to be a bit goofy. I applied various c, w, and n shades to my arm that day and don't think L'oreal has a good grasp on the undertone system. I either get matched to NC25 or C3 at MAC depending on the SA so I do have a lot of yellow in my skin. If you're a traditional NC25 then W3 would probably do the job. If you have strong yellow tones then consider checking out W4 instead. This foundation is very good for drugstore if you have the patience to figure out your shade. I don't think I'm going to go through all of that again to find my fall/winter shade so this will discourage me from repurchasing. For drugstore I plan to stick to Revlon because I find it more simplistic/easier to find a match and identify undertones of shades. Also I need to blot more througout the day w/ this foundation vs Revlon Whipped (combo skin).This comes in pump form and retails for around $11 @ Walmart and Target.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No