L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

This product is not a true match like it states. I have a warm skin tone and bought the W1-2 and it is too light but the next one up was too dark. Living in Florida my tone doesn't change too much throughout the year. I would have to buy two of them and mix them daily to get the correct color but this one is close enough. I normally wear this and then put a dark tinted moisturizer or powder over it and it works fine. However this product is wonderful. It is light weight so that I don't feel like it is melting off my face. It has not proved to be a problem with my oily skin either. I normally put a bit of the ELF tone correcting powder over it and I have NO problem throughout the day. Wear last me at least 4 hours. The container is cute and easy for transport. It pumps out a bit too much for me but the pump is very versatile and allows you to get different amounts of product depending on how much you press down which is a really good quality for me. For the girls who wear light makeup this could last you at least 4 months of daily use.

on 3/28/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have super dry skin. It's so dry that its a constant struggle to find foundations that don't settle into patches and pores. This foundation is friggin beautiful. I have an oily t zone but I use mac blot powder on my nose and I'm good to go. I use the shade W1. This is light and creamy. It blends like an absolute dream. I actually have that doll skin effect. This is my new HG foundation. BUT if you have hard to control oil just stay clear of this product. My t zone is controllable, but I don't get oily anywhere else but my nose.

****UPDATE*****

My skin has HORRRRRRIBLE breakouts happening. Turns out this is the problem. While it looks good it is causing some teenage boy madness. Sighs.

on 3/27/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have mostly dry skin with a bit of oiliness on my forehead. While using this foundation, I noticed my skin looked oily after only a couple of hours, even in places where my skin is very dry. After three hours the feeling of the foundation on my skin was unbearable. I noticed that with or without a primer (I used several types), the foundation settles into fine lines, and it becomes patchy. It's an incredible disappointment because the foundation looked and felt great immediately after application. I used my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply it, which I preferred, and I used a Beauty Blender -- both gave a similar result, and my skin looked glowy (NOT shimmery), healthy, and smooth.
This is an extremely light foundation but also very buildable. I found it covered any redness pretty easily, but for blemishes and the like I needed more coverage. If this somehow doesn't make your skin feel like an oil slick, I imagine it would feel like nothing as it's so light.
I had the color nude beige, W1-2 (I think), and while it looked too light in the bottle, the color was a perfect match for my skin. I like the packaging -- it looks nicer/more expensive than it is.
I returned this product to the store. I would not even consider repurchasing.

on 3/24/2013 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

not bad ......very even ....not bad at all

on 3/22/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was using this foundation for maybe about a month. I'm a matte girl, but wanted to try something different. I wanted more of a "fresh" look. Coverage isn't all that great. Within 5 minutes, no joke, I'm pretty oily & it looks like I've been wearing my face makeup for like 2 days. I'm usually very pleased with L'Oreal products, I have a lot of favorites, but not this foundation :/

on 3/17/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Lumi-C6... I wanted to like this, but alone its not enough. The shades closest to mine are still worlds apart, ( being African American its very hard to find shades because of the different undertones and intensity of shades (reds- golds-yellows-combos and no undertones...) This one gives me an ashen face which does not look natural at all. the consistency, i like. The ergonomic bottle and the cap and pump are visually pleasing in my cabinet lol however.... ALONE its not worth the buy for me. Because its super blendable, it is a great mix/neutralizer in for my Mac MatchMaster 9.0 which is too orange/dark. Since i wont be buying any more of the Mac MM I wont need to buy this product again.

on 3/14/2013 8:56:00 AM

This is an amazing foundation for the price. I absolutely love it and have been wearing it daily for months now but the color selection leaves a lot to be desired. I have medium (leaning towards the lighter side), olive combination skin. I wear N118 in MUFE HD and Warm Golden in CS Whipped, both are a great match for me. I have to mix the W1-2 and the W3 in the Lumi. W3 is a bit orange and dark but the mixture does the trick. I'd call this a medium coverage with a satin, almost dewy finish. It works well with both my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Philosophy's The Present for me. It lasts all day with the primer and a spritz of the Elf setting spray. I almost like the finish of this better than my HG MUFE HD but I don't trust even the broad spectrum SPF for special occasions when pictures will be taken so I save my HD for that. I'll keep wearing this for every day but I hope that they'll come out with some better colors. W2 with no orangey undertone please!

on 3/12/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I still love this foundation. I have never bought anything like it in the drugstore. But it makes my face look even and fresh. It does give you a dewy look, but it looks okay if you apply powder (I like the L'Oreal TrueMatch powder too). I am color C3--medium skintone with yellow undertones. Highly reccommend

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would give this product about 4 stars if it were marketed as a tinted moisturizer. In terms of being a BB cream, I think it really falls quite short. It offers light coverage, and the finish is really glowy and dewy. I don't dislike this product because as a tinted moisturizer it does work quite well. The shade range could use a bit of improvement because some of the shades run a little dark.

on 3/8/2013 4:58:00 PM

I orginally wanted to get the YSL foundation which this is a dupp for, This foundation is pretty good quality for drugstore foundation. I wouldnt reccomend it for combo-oily skin though. The wear time is about 6 hours then it starts to look too shiny. It does leave a natural dewy looking finish which is the look i was going for. The color selection is also pretty good and very blendable.