September 22, 2014 | 1223 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by glitterbox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this so far! I've been on the hunt for a good dewy foundation for my dry skin lately, so I purchased 3 foundations that claim to give a dewy finish. The other two were Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer and Diorskin Nude. I almost didn't buy the True Match Lumi because I generally don't like drug store foundations and find that you get what you pay for, but when I came across this on sale I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did, because of the 3 so-called dewy foundations I tried, this is definitely the one that delivers most on the dewiness. Unlike the other two, I don't have to use a liquid or powder illuminator over top of the True Match Lumi to achieve a dewy look. The foundation itself is sufficiently dewy that I can just apply the foundation, give a spritz of setting spray, and be done. For my dry skin, I consider this quite an achievement! The coverage could be a bit heavier for me - it's light to medium, I would say, and it doesn't totally cover up my very red cheeks or pimples - concealer is still needed. I love the hygienic pump packaging, and the colour match (I bought N1-2) is perfect for my pale skin. And at $21 CAD, the price is definitely right compared to the more expensive foundations I usually use. Assuming it continues to do well for me (if not, I'll update my review), I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this product, but I am from a semi-arid climate and I use retinol creams, meaning that with my naturally dry skin, I need a foundation that is moisturizing and has a decent sunscreen! The product is reasonably priced, glides on easily and evenly, and gives me decent, build-able coverage.I found that it must be worn without powder, as it's very powder-resistant and will cake rather than take! Also, it is definitely a product meant for normal to dry skin. I have a warm skin tone, and the shade I have is a perfect match. It evens me out and leaves my skin looking dewy and glowing! I will certainly repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a light foundation to use
'where needed" and since I hate foundation, thought I'd try a drugstore brand for starters. I am sensitive to any fragrance so the fact there's no frangrance in this is a plus and there's a wide range of shades but- that's the only goods that worked for me. Within an hour my face was an oil slick...especially my nose!! Not for anyone with oily skin...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First application looks nice, but after a couple of hours the color seemed to morph into a different shade. I have never had that happen before with other foundations, and it seemed to highlight my pores much more. The worst part is that I had to get my picture taken for something and I was shocked at how terrible it looks in photographs. It could work for young almost flawless skin that doesn't need their picture taken. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup. It truly does give a luminous glow. I have no complaints. I almost never repeat buy but I will buy this again.
I will say this - I have dry skin and this works wonderfully; however if you have oily skin this probably is too much moisture for those with oily skin. This is as good -- or better - as any high end foundation that I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really wanted to like this one. Good pump container, natural-looking light coverage, decent selection of shades (though there should be one between the lightest and second-lightest warm shade). As the day goes on, however, I notice some mild flaking on my cheeks and forehead, and that spells irritation. It would probably be my HG foundation if not for the offending ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It evened out my skin tone and gave me a dewy 'luminous' glow. Light coverage but buildable. Colour selection is great. I have sensitive skin and it has not caused any breakouts or irritation. Lastly I LOVE the packaging. It comes with a pump!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mature, dry skin, and this product made me have an oil slick on my face in about an hour. I must say it went on nice, blended well, but just went south soon after. You better stay away from this one if you have very oily skin to begin with. I did not use a setting powder, because they usually cake up on me. Powders also settle in my lines. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by chrisie

Finally,a great L'oreal foundation that matched my skin tone! Love this so much & hope they don't discontinue.A+

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayxo

I was in the states when I found this product so the price was great. I found this in Canada and the price almost doubled. I would not have bought this in Canada originally.

My skin was slightly breaking out so I wanted a better coverage and something to help my skin so I tried this product since it claims to improve skin appearance. I have been using it for over a month now and I can say I have never had this bad of Acne in my life. I am embarrassed to even take my make up off at night anymore. It is painful red bumps that I have never had ever and I couldn't figure out what was causing it. My cheeks are covered when usually I get one or two pimples nothing major. I thought it was my face wash so I bought top of the line face wash but I couldn't even notice a difference.

As much as I love the glow it gives me, and how well it works on covering my hideous acne when it is applied this has to be the root cause of what I am going through. After reading other reviews on line I am running into the same issues other people are getting from this make up. I still can't believe what this product did to me.

I really wanted to like this product, I liked the packaging, I liked the claims it made, I liked how it applied but I honestly don't see an end in what it did to my face. I am going to be buying new foundation and I hope my face clears up. This foundation ruined my face.