August 20, 2014 | 2129 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It evened out my skin tone and gave me a dewy 'luminous' glow. Light coverage but buildable. Colour selection is great. I have sensitive skin and it has not caused any breakouts or irritation. Lastly I LOVE the packaging. It comes with a pump!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mature, dry skin, and this product made me have an oil slick on my face in about an hour. I must say it went on nice, blended well, but just went south soon after. You better stay away from this one if you have very oily skin to begin with. I did not use a setting powder, because they usually cake up on me. Powders also settle in my lines. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by chrisie

Finally,a great L'oreal foundation that matched my skin tone! Love this so much & hope they don't discontinue.A+

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayxo

I was in the states when I found this product so the price was great. I found this in Canada and the price almost doubled. I would not have bought this in Canada originally.

My skin was slightly breaking out so I wanted a better coverage and something to help my skin so I tried this product since it claims to improve skin appearance. I have been using it for over a month now and I can say I have never had this bad of Acne in my life. I am embarrassed to even take my make up off at night anymore. It is painful red bumps that I have never had ever and I couldn't figure out what was causing it. My cheeks are covered when usually I get one or two pimples nothing major. I thought it was my face wash so I bought top of the line face wash but I couldn't even notice a difference.

As much as I love the glow it gives me, and how well it works on covering my hideous acne when it is applied this has to be the root cause of what I am going through. After reading other reviews on line I am running into the same issues other people are getting from this make up. I still can't believe what this product did to me.

I really wanted to like this product, I liked the packaging, I liked the claims it made, I liked how it applied but I honestly don't see an end in what it did to my face. I am going to be buying new foundation and I hope my face clears up. This foundation ruined my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I thought this might be a good substitute for my bobbi brown skin light coverage foundation. It looked good when I applied it, not too heavy. It didn't wear that well but just basically wore away which is ok- better than oxidizing or being patchy BUT like a lot of others on here it broke me out. Forehead, chin, my skin is breaking out for first time in months after wearing this for a couple days. Its going back to store and I'm giving my foundation brush a thorough cleansing. Have a mask on now trying to get this stuff out of my pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by xhalite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First review, and normally wouldn't feel compelled to review something, but after the havoc this wrecked on my skin, I figured I'd write something up. I wanted to like this so bad! I guess the advertising, the packaging, and the name really drew me in... but alas, it made me break out worse than when I was a teenager. My skin is fairly sensitive, and oily in the summer (not helped by the hot and humid climate I live in), so maybe this would work for someone in a less harsh climate?

I wore this once and I really liked how it looked on: like I wasn't wearing makeup and just happened to have great, luminous skin. I did notice some oiliness after a few hours, especially on my forehead. The next day however, I woke up with 5..*5* angry red pimples on my cheek, near my mouth, an area I never break out in. It's been about two weeks, and even with alot of TLC they still haven't faded as well as I'd like :(

To be fair, I did only use it once, and it could very well not have been the foundation, but I felt uncomfortable trying it again after the breakout. Back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love the finish, the dewy look and the natural glow it gives to the skin. It provides excellent coverage for my acne scarring.

Now it's not that this doesn't stay put through a long day that bothers me. It is the breakouts I have gotten.

Twice now, I have noticed after washing this make up off that I have had either new arriving pimples coming to the surface or extremely red agitated irritated pimples flame up. And this time I have been on strict medication for my acne that has kept my face acceptionally clear.

If you are acne prone like me, please beware. It might harm your skin as it did mine and a few others I read down below me.

And it's quite odd because this product claims to "improve" your skin, yet the last two times I have used it, it has only harmed my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by shellygrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been wanting to try this out since seeing it featured on Youtube and seeing it mentioned elsewhere online.

If I wore regular True Match, I'd be a W1, so I picked up W1-2. It is a little bit darker than that; however, blended in, it's fine. I put on a very sheer layer (a pump's worth of product) on my cheeks and chin to test it out (no primer underneath). But about half an hour or so later that part of my face started to feel tingly and itchy. In the ingredients list, under "May Contain", one of the ones listed is Bismuth Oxychloride, something typically found in mineral foundations and a known skin irritant. I suspect this is in the bottle I picked up, and would explain what I experienced. (I don't think it's other allergens like Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, or Oxybenzone, as I can wear foundations and other products with these ingredients without issue.)

Beyond the irritation issue, I like the fact it comes in a pump, and that there is a somewhat decent shade range, although it could be better (original True Match comes in 33 shades compared to TM Lumi's 15). The finish is satiny; personally, I didn't notice much luminescence (but then I probably didn't have this on for long enough to be sure of that!). I think if you're a fan of NARS Sheer Glow, you want to spend less money, and your skin doesn't react to Bismuth Oxychloride, this may work for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

Most expensive drugstore foundation ever.

O_O I paid $21CAD (including tax)!! I mean, I know it has a fancy glass bottle container and a pump, but come on, it's still a drugstore product. I let this one slide because it's a newer product and they may mark it down in the next few months.

I think L'Oreal is taking a huge risk with putting out a product with a dewy finish such as True Match Lumi because I feel that a majority of women have oily/combo/normal skin and would appreciate foundations that are more oil-absorbent. Lumi is definitely made for normal to dry skin ladies who want to add life/luminosity to their skin (without the glitter particles). The dewy finish is absolutely beautiful and I do find that it radiates the face, almost like a glow from within look --albeit, I always top my foundation with Guerlain Meteorites powder in Tient Rose 01 so that may have something to do with it as well. Just keep in mind this does not absorb oil at all which means you must dust a light film of powder over your face to set it if you want it to stay and touch-ups with powder throughout the day is necessary to keep the oilies at bay. I have dry skin so I don't usually need to touch up when I'm out.

I felt like the coverage was medium, and that it was easily buildable. Lumi blends so effortlessly, reminiscent of high-end foundations. It has an SPF of 20, which is pretty high for a foundation (normally I see SPF between 8 and 15 in drugstore foundations).

The colour selection is fine at the moment, but they can come out with more yellow-based foundations as I find the "W's" still slightly pinkish. I wear W5 at the moment (slightly darker than my skin, but W4 was PINK!) and as I get darker throughout this month I think W5 will suite me fine. I'm contemplating to go back and get W3 in case I want to mix the two colours for a better match.

I do like this foundation, it wears comfortably on me. I have not worn it long enough to see if it breaks me out, but I will certainly update if it does.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by jrbee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation. I was a C7-8 and it matched well and looked great when first applied, however, the whatever they put in it to make it look luminous and dewy made my skin like an oil slick after only two hours, even using several oil control products under my makeup. At first I thought it was just my super oily skin, until I tried other foundations by L'Oreal and Revlon (and several higher end brands, too) and didn't have that problem.