February 28, 2015 | 1528 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Evdoxia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily and acne pron skin an one day I was running in a store while I was in desperate need of foundation and this was the only one available. I was a bit hesitant because of the whole Lumi thing. Once I tried it I fall in love with it! Super easy to blend and with a very natural finish. Plus, there is a good range of shades and I was able to find a perfect match. The coverage isn't too much, you will need some concealer to cover spots entirely but I personally don't do that and it still looks OK. It lasts the whole day. I powder everytime but I once tried to not and by the end of the day it looked quite good just a bit too oily on my forehead.
Overall I think that you should give it a go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using the regular True Match in W7 for 8 years, so I decided to try True Match Lumi to see if it was an even better version of the original. This foundation has more silicones, which usually break me out, but for some reason Lumi didn't break me out at all. It goes on smoother and creamier than the regular True Match and leaves me looking "airbrushed". I like the formula better because it doesn't fade as much over the course of the day. The only problem I have with Lumi is that the shades are different and the warm tones still look kind of ashy pink. I used W6, Sun Beige, and it's ok during the winter when my skin is lighter, but I need a darker tone for when I'm tan. I've had to mix it with some of the regular formula in W7 to get the right color.

I hope L'Oreal creates more shades soon- I love this foundation! I've had so many compliments on my skin since I started using this (and I don't have great skin- I'm extremely oily and acne-prone)!

If you're lucky enough to find an exact shade match for your skintone, definitely try this foundation!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

It's a very lightweight foundation.If ur looking for coverage then this is not for u.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me just get what stands out in my mind about this foundation out on the table first: it made my face look shiny. I have really dry skin and i love a dewier look, but this is not dewy on me. i like a lit-from-within-glow, not a grease-ball face. returned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation, I really did. Yes, it is beautifully luminescent. Yes the packaging is adorable *and handy - with the pump & all*. But it fell short with me. I have normal skin with dry spots (corrected before application with moisturizer), and no acne. My skin has slight discolorations of pink on my cheeks that are easily covered by foundation alone. I have the foundation in C3 (I am Revlon ColorStay #180 Sand Beige to-a-tee) and applied 2 and a half pumps of foundation (runny, light consistency) with a dampened face brush, it spread out so easily that it was like I was wearing a tinted moisturizer. On the areas without any discolorations, it applied evenly and gave my skin a glowing look. However, on my nose, cheeks, and chin, you could still very obviously see the pink tones underneath. So I applied the remainder of the foundation left over on my hand with a cosmetic sponge. With some finesse I finagled the foundation to get more coverage. I generally let my foundation dry for about 15 minutes while I do my eye makeup, then when I'm done I set it with a powder (MSF Natural in Medium Plus) with a large kabuki in a VERY light patting motion. And whattayaknow, the pink came back after drying completely. I will say, the finish however, is quite nice if you don't need a full coverage foundation. The luminous finish is subtle (no glitter) and flattering in the winter months. The staying power isn't all that great; pack a powder to bring with you if you plan to wear it all day.
Overall, I don't want to bash this foundation for what it does not claim to be; it's not a full coverage foundation. I am a Revlon ColorStay & Kat Von D Lock It foundation LOVER; and this just ISN'T that type of foundation. I apply those foundations and leave the house feeling confident that when I return my face will look the same as it did when I left; I don't even think about bringing a powder with me. This one keeps me guessing, if it rains will my face slide off? (I live in Seattle --- this is a valid fear)
I will continue to use this foundation on days when I don't want full coverage (hardly ever...unless I'm going to the gas station or taking out the trash), and when I go to the gym. It's very light & comfortable feeling, but it just ain't my cup of tea!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by PhiaLove627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I bought a shade to dark for me, but I mix it with my skin 79 bb cream and it seems to work well. It is medium to full coverage, and has a natural luminous finish. I think combination skin could use this, but oily skin may not enjoy the dewiness. It depends on the finish you like. Personally, my skin is more normal-dry so I really love this on days where I need an extra oomph to my complexion. The pump is also awesome, I wish that more drugstore foundations would come with a pump! My only critique is that the I'm not a huge fan of how l'oreal organizes their foundations. It confuses my brain, and even though I'm not warm toned or neutral toned, those seem to be the lightest, while the supposedly "cool" shades are more designed for darker skin. I have cool, blueish-pink based skin so I thought the cool shade might be more flattering but it turned out to be too dark. Oh well, once I finish it, I will pick up the lightest warm shade! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation with some outstanding qualities. First, the fact that this has a pump is a HUGE step up from most drugstore foundations. Second, the color selection is fantastic, with Sun Beige matching my skin tone (NC42) better than any other foundation I own (except for my Illamasqua Skin Base foundation).

However, there are also some less than outstanding qualities in this, such as the lasting power and the coverage. The coverage isn't bad, but if you're looking for full-coverage, this may not be for you (it gives a solid medium coverage, with a decent ability to hide blemishes). The lasting power is also somewhat poor, as the directions even state to "reapply every two hours" (I personally don't do this--I'll reapply once, maybe twice throughout the day). I enjoy the dewy finish this leaves on my skin, but the moisturizing properties of this leave me with a pretty oily t-zone by the end of the day due to my combination skin.

I find myself reaching for this foundation when I'm planning a more laid-back day since it's easy to use with the pump, matches my skin well so I don't have to do too much as far as contouring and concealing, and leaves a natural dewy finish. While this hasn't reached HG by any means, it's still a reliable and affordable product that I'm happy to have in my collection now and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

For $14, this is a steal. It is an excellent light to medium coverage foundation. It is as good as the Lancome, Guerlaine fdn. that charged up to 6 times as much.
But I doubt the marketing strategy of L'Oreal, because I find this is quite the same as 2 versions of fdn, in the Visible Lift line, the one that comes with a brush and the other just in pump. It just makes suckers like us to buy more, yes, more of the same stuff but with a different name & package.
I picked N5 and it matches my NC3-35, NW25 (good skin days) quite good. There is no lumi quality, just a satin matte finish, I guess its because my face is dry as it sucks up the moisture from the fdn, leaving no dewiness behind, even though I always moistured well beforehand.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the regular TM foundation, so I bought a bottle of this along with the regular on a BOGO 50% off at Walgreens. I love the soft texture and the dewier finish. It's not as matte and the coverage isn't as heavy as the original, but it would be good for summer or lighter makeup days.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

First off, I hate the Orginial TM Fndtn. I also couldn't find a good color, so I went with the lighter one.
I really like the packaging. Its a clear bottle with a silver pump. Im not a stickler for germs, but its always nice to have a pump. I usually use about 2 pumps of this.
This is a very nice, naturally luminous foundation. I have normal skin with a slightly oily nose, so I know when my foundation is greasy.
While this is very thin, it never really settles into my skin. When it does, its very oily. The sad part is that I really like the way it makes my skin look. I recommend this for those with drier skin who prefer a healthy glow from within look. If you have oily skin and REALLY want to try this, try applying it with a sponge such as the BB or SK Beauty Sponge. I imagine that a cosmetic sponge will give you the same affect. Good luck!