L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 4/14/2013 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was pretty disappointing for me for a number of reasons. First off, it really isn't suitable for my oily skin; it has an extremely dewy finish and extenuates oily areas on my face. It also looks a bit unnatural because it tends to sit on the surface of the skin, which gives your face an ashy color and feel.

on 4/14/2013 4:10:00 PM

I love love love this foundation!!! I've gone through two bottles of this. I have very pink undertones, and this has yellow undertones, so it balances it out for me. It looks so glowy, I love it! It makes me look pore-less. And it doesn't make me break out, which is suprising because I break out at the drop of a hat. Love this!!!!!

on 4/14/2013 10:38:00 AM

I really wanted to like this foundation because when I first applied it my skin looked FLAWLESS! However, it does not wear very well. After an hour or two I begin to become extremely oily even though I do not have oily skin, and it settles into pores and fine lines. I really tried to make this foundation work, using it with every regime of skin care and primer I could, but it always broke up after an hour or two. It is probably a great foundation for women with extremely dry skin, but if you have even normal skin, it will be too hydrating for you.

on 4/11/2013 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've had this foundation for about 5 to 6 months but I never really used it enough to know if I liked it enough but lately I've really been liking a luminous finish to my face. I have extremely dry skin and this foundation has really saved me. It keeps my skin moisturized all day. I don't really have many breakouts but I do have a lot of discoloration and redness and I find that this does fairly well with coverage for me. As far as the lasting time, I would say probably about 8 hours with a primer under it and powder on top. But over all I really love it and would mainly recommend it for people with extremely dry skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have very hard skin to Match and this actually blends well and gives you a really nice glow to your face. I don't have bad skin so the light coverage is perfect. Better than most foundations I have used!

on 4/6/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This is a hard one for me to rate. There are some things I really liked about it, and others...not so much.

When it comes to foundation there are 3 things that are most important to me. Long-lasting, lightweight, and natural looking coverage. I have tried countless drugstore brands Loreal, Rimmel, Cover Girl. But I have the same problem with them all. They do not last. Even the ones that claim to last 16 or 25 hours do not last anywhere near that long on my face. I am lucky if I can make it last 4 hours with decent coverage. It looked great when I first applied it, but after only a few hours (generally 3-4) I could see redness and shine peaking through. By the end of the day, I had only minor traces of the make-up on my face. It was frustrating to say the least. When I bought this foundation, I did not have any clue how to find the right shade. In a couple of other drugstore foundations, nude looks best on my skin. But in this foundation, I had no idea if I was warm, cool, or neutral. So I bought the shade W3. I have since learned that I, in fact, have a cool complexion. But I didn't know that then. The W3 was a bit too light. It didn't make me look super-pale, but it was definitely a little off. I unexpectidly ran out and had to quickly buy some foundation before work. I didn't feel like dealing with the headache and hassle of trying out a new foundation, so I bought another bottle of this. The second time I purchased the N3 (Natural Beige) it seemed like a much better match to my skin. But even so, It looked great when I first applied it, but after only a few hours (generally 3-4) I could see redness and shine peaking through. By the end of the day, I had only minor traces of the make-up on my face. It was frustrating to say the least. I really like the pump on this product. I prefer the pump over just a open bottle top. It makes it so much easier to control how much comes out. I also have very sensitive skin and this didn't give me any itching or irritation at all.

I also wasn't crazy about the coverage of this make-up. I would describe it as light-medium coverage. It did cover the redness and imperfections on my face, but like I said earlier, it lasted at most 4 hours. I am not one to touch my face a lot, but I do tend to be oily on my nose and cheeks especially. I also have a lot of redness on my cheeks, nose, and forehead. If you have normal skin with very few imperfections, and need only moderate coverage, this would be a great foundation. But I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin. It just does not stay on well. I will be purchasing this foundation again.

In my opinion, a much better option for around the same price is Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte foundation. It is oil free, lightweight, hypoallergenic, long-lasting, and full coverage.

on 4/5/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My absolute favorite foundation! I always keep trying new ones- but keep coming back to this one... I really do see an improvement in my skin after a few weeks of wearing this! That's cause it contains antioxidants. Why else do u think it has the word healthy luminous in the name?! I get the shade N4 buff beige in the summer and one shade lighter for the winter- N3 buff chamois. Doesn't oxidize. I hav an oily olive complexion and it matches and stays on pretty well! The pump is great and the packaging is high quality worthy. Will repurchase!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It took me a bit of time before I grew to like this foundation. It is very thin and very light coverage (but buildable) and I needed concealer and powder to really get the look I wanted everyday. I don't think it lasts very long its own either. I did like the way it made my skin look, the finish, and my skin did look good when I took it off. The packaging is definitely a plus as well.

I wear this in W4, and it became my favorite foundation. It gives you a very luminous glow, and decent coverage. I use my Sigma F80, and looks great.

on 4/4/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-Fairly inexpensive
-No mess pump style bottle
-Blends easily
-Color is true to skin tone (at least for me)
-Does not look heavy or cakey on skin
-Lasts most of the day

CONS:
-Not really a full coverage foundation

Overall, this is a great drugstore foundation and I would recommend it!