August 20, 2014 | 1818 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Firk2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was amazed by this product. I was happy to see that Garnier came out with a BB cream that was for combination/oily skin, as I had read reviews that the original wasn't good for oily skin.

The coverage is pretty good. I have some acne scarring and a few active pimples, and it covered most of it. I only have to go over a few spots with concealer. You don't need much either, I use about a dime's worth and it covers my whole face without looking very cakey. I would say its light/medium.

The price isn't bad, it was $11.99 where I bought it, which isn't too bad compared to some higher end BB creams.

The consistency is very watery. It sort of just drips out of the tube. I apply it with my fingers, and it applies nicely. But the product is definitely very liquidy.

I would definitely repurchase again. This makes my skin feel very nice, and it is much lighter than a foundation. The only issue I have with it is the very watery consistency.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Colour me impressed. I never really jumped on the BB cream bandwagon, as I have a couple face products that I really like and didn't really feel like trying a bunch of products when I'd already found a few that worked.

I actually got a sample of this in a magazine (I'm so cool) and thought what the heck, free is free and tried it on the back of my hand. The first thing I noticed was the amount of coverage it gave. From what I know about BB creams, and from those I've sampled, their goal isn't coverage, but evening, priming, moisturizing, and what ever else. I gave it a good hour or two to make sure it wouldn't irritate my skin. Nothing bad happened, so I decided to try it on my face the next day.

I applied this like I usually do with my UD Naked Skin, put some on the back of my hand, then used UD's Optical Blurring Brush to transfer it to my face and buff it in. Super impressed. It gives me about the same coverage as the Naked Skin does and appears to do much more for my enlarged pores. In comparison, the finish is more matte than UD, but the similarities really are amazing. I put both on the back of my hand to compare and, though the UD was a slightly lighter shade and a tiny bit thinner, they were nearly identical. This is marketed for oily/combo skin, and I can say that I could definitely see this causing problems for people with dry skin, as there is some pretty good mattifying action going on here that would likely accentuate any dryness or flakiness. Additionally, I believe this is only available in few shades, light, medium and dark so, because of the amount of coverage it provides, it may not work with many different skin tones. Definitely try before buying.

I will definitely be repurchasing this for use as a light coverage foundation. If any other skin improvements develop (due to it being a BB cream and supposedly containing all sorts of awesome stuff), that's just a bonus. I never thought anything, let alone a drug store product, could replace my beloved UD, but this may have done it, and for about a third of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by samymae8596

I just started using this product and i am obsessed. It makes my skin look flawless and it has a shine control that lasts me through the whole school day, and i used to have problems with my skin getting to oily throughout the day. I love it and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Garnier, let's talk.
I originally was hesitant towards buying this, due to Garnier's last "BB Cream" turning even the driest parts of my skin into an unholy, orange oil slick. Yuck.
But this is formulated for Combination to Oily skin (the former of which happens to be my skin type) so I gave it a shot.
First of all, Garnier really hit the nail on the head with oil control. I'm shine free and it does even out my skin much better. The scent isn't nearly as strong in their last version. It's a subtle smell, which if I could describe, I would say is a bit Lemon Pledge-y. I like it. It smells clean. The old formula just smelled toxic.
Here's where my love ends...pay attention Garnier.
It's a very runny formula, which I don't mind too much, but it makes a squeeze tube impractical. Perhaps a bottle with a pump, Garnier?
And finally...
It's way too dark, leaning towards orange for me to use without foundation over it. Even then it can darken my foundation to the point where it just looks weird. So Garnier, please make a paler shade. It can't be that hard, you accomplished that goal with the orange grease trap that was your last product.
Would I repurchase? If there are lighter shades, I'd love to.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by tamerofthemane

I purchased this product because of all the hype about BB creams.
I liked that it was for oily skin as I have very oily/acne prone skin that is quite fair.
I loved it! I dapped a little on the back of my hand in the store before purchasing to make sure it would match closely enough to my skin tone and the next day applied a bit to my whole face in a light layer. It covered imperfections without being cakey and did not make my face feel greasy the whole day. For someone whos face gets shiny at least three times throughout the day, it truly did work miracles!
I loved that I did not have to use a lot of it and did not need any other products layered with it.
I did not need to reapply at all over the day and my face did not get oily.
Overall I would recommend this to friends with similar skin types but if you are going to try it, dab a tiny bit on the back of your hand and make sure it matches before buying or you may end up unhappy with the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! It has the best oil control in all the foundations I have ever used. I have a VERY oily T zone. I use this EVERY DAY.

I use it in light color, but it is just a tad light and pink for me. So, for my everyday use I mix it with MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 . Very little (maybe a quarter of a pump, very little covers your whole face with a brush) MAC SFF with equal amount of this product on a palette, and apply with MAC 187. This blends it into a cooler tone that matches my skin and increase its coverage.

Color, staying power and coverage of MAC Studio Fix Fluid
PLUS
Oil control, natural look and moisturizers of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector = miracles!

I know the word moisturizer is scary to oily/combination skins like myself, but this one will NOT get you oily.

You don't need to use any other moisturizers, primers, not even setting powder! Maybe a little concealer under this to cover up blemishes, but I still haven't found one that I like.

No oxidation (MAC SFF alone tends to oxidize), no shine, no cakey appearance, no heaviness.
Just that when used alone, this product settles into fine lines a bit. But like I said, don't use it alone. Mix it.

This is also great for under eyes, light enough to highlight, not too dry to make you look old.
It amazes me how one product can be highlighting AND matte AND oil controlling AND not too dry. It's just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

Previously, I've used Garnier's BB Cream that wasn't oil-free and I had no idea that it had oil in it. So, I bought this BB Cream and never regretted it.
Pros:
-Blends in nicely
-Matte finish
-Scent isn't so overpowering that your face swells like a blow fish
-Only a small amount is sufficient
-Face doesn't end up looking like a grease ball
Cons
-Tends to emphasize some dry patches on face, not a whole lot, but about the size of a fingertip
-Can make skin look a bit pasty (esp. for me, b/c I am naturally tan)
-Formula is runny, so pouring out the amount is pretty tricky
Other than those listed Pros & Cons, this BB Cream is a good improvement from their previous one, since it doesn't make your face look like a complete grease ball. However, the part about making skin appear pasty is true. Especially if the cold air is blowing against your face, you will look like a ghost. Despite all that, this BB Cream will be my Holy Grail for it's matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJayne12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted something light because I didnt need a foundation because my skin was getting clear. I thought this would be perfect for my oily fair skin. NOT. it was matte for 30mins. my face was so oily + I usually don't breakout from products but this made me break out in those cyst pimples under the skin. worst product ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I stayed away fro the original formula because it was so greasy and light in coverage but when I noticed they came out with an oil free version I had to check it out. I can't believe how nice the coverage is (barely need a concealer) and the finish is actually matte! My skin is acne prone and sensitive and I haven't had any problems with this so far. The only thing I'd change is the packaging...the formula is so runny that you can't put it on it's side with the cap open or it will run out. Otherwise this is my favourite BB cream so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by calooza

After i tried the first garnier bb cream, i as very skeptical about a new one. But after reading really good reviews, i though i would give it a go.

I have oily sensitive acne prone skin for reference.

I bought it because the weather is warming up, and i need something light to make my skin tone even and with spf, and natural looking.

Pros
- It's very watery, so it blends very well. Looks like you're applying moisturiser.
- The color (light) is very neutral (more on the yellow side) and it goes very well with my warm tone
- The coverage is buildable. I can use 3 layers without looking cakey at all. And it disguises well my blemishes. If i want more coverage, i use concealer only on my spots. I prefer a very natural look, so i only use 1 layer.
- The finish is just awesome! The skin feels so smooth and soft. It really looks like skin, even if you look really close. Doesn't look like you're wearing make-up, really!
- It camouflages my pores really well (i have huge pores in my nose and cheeks)
- It has a matte finish
- It controls shine very well, although i use some powder on top (personal preference)
- It has spf 20 and moisturising properties
- It doesn't make me breakout, which is awesome!
- It looks better and more natural after a few hours of wearing it - it's not longlasting, but your skin looks good and healthy at the end of the day, which i really like.

Cons
- It has an alcohol scent when you apply it (it's one of the ingredients) - this scent went away after a few applications
- it doesn't last long - but it doesn't claim to do so, and it's a bb cream, not a foundation, so it's excusable
- The packaging spills a bit, even when it's closed, so i have to store it upside down

I prefer applying it with a brush (i use the expert face brush by real techniques) and the finish is a dream. So flawless and even. And i use less product this way.

I really recommend this product, no doubt.

UPDATE:
After 9 months I'm still using this and really recommend it to anyone. It's one of my HG base products along with revlon colorstay.