April 25, 2014 | 921 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 3/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $11-13 US Dollars
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, and its very buildable. I was surprised by how much coverage this gave, considering its a BB cream (more like a tinted moisturizer. Will explain why later). It cancels out all my redness, and blurs all my imperfections.
FINISH: This gives a sort of satin-y finish. Completely undetectable. It can accentuate dry patches, so those with dry skin might want to wear a moisturizer underneath.
TEXTURE: Very runny and liquid-y, which can be a little inconvenient. Its not much of a BB "cream".
SPF: 20
LASTING POWER: This actually does control oil! I didn't even set it with powder and it has lasted my entire day. I did have to blot with a blotting paper a few times, so if you are super oily, it may need to be set with powder.
SHADES:In the US, there is "Light/Medium" which is what I got, there is also a "Medium/Deep" and a "Deep".
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Sadly... this is why I cant use this awesome, awesome stuff. It does tend to break me out a bit, which is so sad! This SERIOUSLY would be the best thing ever if it didnt break me out.
PACKAGING: Usually, I have no problem with squeeze tubes. However, this stuff is so insanely runny that it leaks out of the tube. I have to store it right-side up.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: No :(
FINAL VERDICT: I really like this, but I would not consider it a BB cream. Reason why is I did not find any ingredients in it that can correct any skin problems over time. The whole point of a BB cream is it is supposed to have skin care ingredients in it, which this does not. Plus it breaks me out :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Frickin love this bb cream!!!! They released this in the UK first and I was waiting all this time. It wasn't until I went to Walgreens when I saw the display. Picked this up in light-medium. I'm an nc25-30 and I thought the darker shade might've been too dark/pink for me. Goes on scary light but blends nicely into the skin. It still looks too light for my skintone but it's something that bronzer can fix. Love the formula; it's a bit runny but it's light and sets quick, leaving a matte finish. I apply this with a real techniques buffing brush. This feels like a tinted mousturizer. it evens out my skintone without looking like im wearing any makeup. It does a decent job at controlling my oils but it leaves a nice glow to my skin throughout the day. doesn't break me out! If I do get tanner, I would definitely try out the darker shade.

1/24/13 - still living this product. Doesn't make me break out and I swear it has made my face blemish free. Doesn't clog my pores. Love love!

Edit (6/12/13):
This bb cream is alright to me now haha. My skin has been going through a weird face where it is normal/combo now so this bb cream sometimes is too drying for me. It does cling onto dry patches so be sure to moisturized well. Because it is summer, I got a bit tanner so I purchased the "medium/deep" shade. I am a nc30-35 now and the light/medium is too light and the medium/deep is too dark and orange for me. Wish they had a bigger range of shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because the original was too greasy/oily for me especially in summer,I love everything about this except the spf 15 which I wish was higher and that's it's runny when it comes out,the colour is perfect on my med tan skin,it hides my large pores and I look flawless,the coverage is around medium and is build-able I have very oily skin and I don't need powder only in the afternoon and even then its not very bad with shine or sliding off,other than rimmel (which is my fav) this is def my second favourite

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by jg3net

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!!! Controls oil, nice coverage (as for BB cream), very light - indeed I use it when I go to the gym as well as on weekends. Doesn't dry out skin - simply perfect!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by maudwang

I've tried a lot of BB creams in the past, mostly Asian brands, and they were always very thick, greyish, and i always ended up super oily after an hour. And every single one of those had some kind of whitening properties (which is very popular in Asia, but honestly, i prefer having a nice natural tan, hehe).
I bought the Garnier bb cream because i ran out of my usual foundation, and i needed something, anything really, to wear everyday until i bought a new bottle.
My, oh my, was i surprised! This is totally oil free, super light yet offers great coverage, my skin ends up velvety smooth, it stays on for quite some time (about 5-6h).
It basically gives me my own skin, but a thousand times better.
I'm a college student and i have combination skin. Every morning i just put this bb cream on, with a little mascara and blush and poof! super natural and refreshed look! Perfect for going to class and compared to a regular high end foundation it's super cheap.
I still use my regular foundation for special events, or when i'm going out, or having my picture taken, but this has made a huge difference in my every morning routine.
CAVE: only (small) problem with the packaging, there's no drip-stop cap (or however it is called) and the product is pretty runny so it's a bit messy. I'm hoping that Garnier is going to change that in a future edition.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by adeleruth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was put off after having tried the first line of BB cream's Garnier did, because they were TERRIBLE! However, i trialed a free sample and this time they got it right! Blends so easily into my skin, covers the redness in my cheeks and darkness under my eyes, completely evens out my skin tone without looking cakey and stays in place for ages! I dont even need to set it with powder! This product has wiped at least 10 mins off my daily make up routine! Only down point is the packing, as the BB cream is liquid, it just runs out the end and can get a bit messy! otherwise Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by nwild

I'm a bit of a virgin to the whole BB cream business and I've read that compared to the asian BB creams this really isn't up to scratch. However, for what I wanted I'm stoked with this product. Generally I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear every day, and I've never really thought to look past it. Although I began to long for something quicker and easier for summer. Something you could just wake up and slap on without having to really think about it.This is it for me. While other reviews I've read have said the coverage isn't that great, I have found it awesome, equal to a foundation. I was also looking for something a bit more luminous than Double Wear and this has a nice luminous quality on my skin. Others have commented that this in not a product for oily skin. My skin can become a little oily by the end of the day, but is otherwise pretty normal, and I've had no problem with this being too oily. I still wear a moisturiser but I make sure it has dried before I apply the cream. Then I try to work it in like a cream rather than a foundation, add a matte bronzer in oily prone areas and some under eye concealer and I'm done. I love how this looks on my skin, even at the end of the day. For reference I have the medium colour, they only have light or medium in Australia, and it's a perfect match. I will defo be buying again, especially for summer.
As for it's BB cream long lasting benefits, I really can't say, but as an alternative to foundation it's ace.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the original version of this before and wanted to love it like everyone else but I didn't like it at all! When this version came out I was so excited to try it out. I got it in the colour medium and at first I thought it was going to be too light because as I was applying it, I could see that it was easily a shade lighter for me :( BUT as I did the rest of my makeup I noticed that the colour had adjusted/oxidised to my skin tone! And I love it, it gives a semi-matte finish but I still sometimes powder my face to set it. You can easily go from light to medium coverage - if you don't have too many imperfections. I used to rotate between my foundation and the bb cream and honestly, almost everytime I wore this, my bf would comment on how nice my skin looked! I now wear this daily to work and on weekends unless I'm going out special. The only concerns I have is the colour - it is a bit more pink based than I'd like; and the packaging - I like the slim tube, but as soon as you open it, product is already on its way out, so I store it upright with the opening facing up

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by bridget88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had never used a BB cream and was interested to try, and I got this one for about $AUD 11, so I figured why not? It is a great product - my skin tends to get oily throughout the day but with a bit of powder it doesn't go shiny. It is also a good "light" foundation to use, especially for work when I don't want to wear too much makeup but I still want enough to cover up. The light colour was perfect for me, and I have very light skin. It makes you look a little bit "sunkissed" (as an other reviewer mentioned) without making your face look brown and your neck super white. As for the packaging, I will agree that even the tiniest bit of pressure on the tube makes a LOT come out, which is annoying but if that's the only downfall then I will deal with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by eliteprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok so this product was not too bad, it didn't break me out which is a super plus but the "light" shade is not all that light.. it had a pinky undertone and sets much darker than when you first apply.. (like most foundations or BB creams)

Anyway It is very runny and the packaging was awful, and it always spills :( but the coverage was surprisingly medium buildable so i was happy with that. This product isn't great.. it's only OK and I will only re purchase maybe once more because it works well for days i don't wanna wear heavy makeup but I know there must be better out there so sadly it's not a win for me :( xx