September 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:43:00 AM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite liquid liners so far. I have a few of these, so I would obviously repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Vanessak69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a recent convert to liquid liners and it's all because of this product. I've since added MAC and Urban Decay liners to my collection, but this is still my favorite.

The applicator is very easy to use-it's not tiny and stiff like a lot of liner applicators. Once the color sets, it won't budge all day-I frequently have days where my shadow is virtually gone but my liner still looks perfect. Best of all, despite it's long staying power, if you mess up it's easy to smudge it off and fix your mistake which is HUGE. As much as I love my MAC, once that stuff dries (and it dries fast) you cannot get it to budge meaning you either have to live with it or remove all your eye makeup and start over. The Lancome also comes off easily with my eye makeup remover which is just The Body Shop's Chamomille stuff.

I have this in Blueberry, Noir (black, lest you forget Lancome is a French company) and Brown. I'm most likely going to go back and buy Smoke too. I no longer consider my makeup complete without liquid on my top lash. Seriously, you need to look into this stuff if you have been intimidated by liquid and stuck with pencils-I promise it'll be easy to apply and you'll never look back (hold on to the pencils for your bottom lash tho.) My only complaints are they don't have more colors and it's fairly pricey.

Also, according to the Cosmetics Cop books, this is almost identical to L'Oreal's Line Intensifique. I've not actually tried them yet and they only come in black and brown but once my Lancome runs out, I'll likely switch and try them since they are about 20 dollars cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lissa81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very easy to apply and really stays put. I have it in brown, and it doesn't look harsh on me at all-I'm very fair and have blue eyes, for reference. I am going to get some more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Carmen314

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Iv'e Been Using This Product For A Couple Years Now. I Wont Use Another Eyeliner This Is Perfect! Not Too Harsh And VERY Easy To Apply Unlike Some Liquid Liners. A++

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by BrendaW75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have Artliner in brown and it looks perfect. It doesn't look harsh like some other liquid eyeliners, but I still think most ppl should stay away from the black. This liner is fast to apply, once you get used to it, you only need 10 sec to get it done. The results are sexy and confident.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Chloefg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG eyeliner. It goes on smooth and stays put all day long. I use it in Brown with MAC Teddy Brown Eye Kohl to tight line upper and lower lash line. My lashes are long but thin and this combo fills in the spaces and gives me a defined eye without looking overdone. The effect is of a dark bronzed eye which works for me because I need a bit of shine in my makeup. With my mature skin that I need to mattify to control the oil the shine on the eye works.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by hilaryblossom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a couple days ago and it's so easy to apply (ha I sound like an informercial), except that you can't get a pointed precise end because of the tip. however, I've used it once, and it's practically empty. this is ridiculous, maybe I just got a botched one but there's barely anything in there.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2007 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Oneirix

This is sort of a pending review, but I bought the artliner a few months ago and after botching application the first few times, I stopped bothering. However, the color (although in the wrong place) went on beautifully, and its stubborness during removal attests to its long-lasting capabilities. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a novice to use it for now, and I've removed lippies based on its exorbitantly high price and tricky application. Will edit if I ever get it to work for me. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by aesthetic

Nice eyeliner. Bit tricky to apply at first, but once you get used to it it goes on beautifully! Other than the application, this eyeliner has been the best I've ever used. I don't think I'll ever switch.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2007 4:58:00 AM More reviews by kiki1224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS: the application was relatively easy with the felt tip, it's a little bit on the soft side, and for some people control was an issue but i found it ok.

CONS: this eyeliner did not stay on my lids AT ALL. literally about 10 seconds after application it started to flake off in chunks. VERY unattractive. i reapplied another layer. didn't help. and mind you i applied this right after clensing my face so it couldnt've been oily lids. after battling with it for the next ten minutes, i gave up. (if this is what it looks like only after one minute, i can't even begin imagine what it'd look like after a day.)

OVERALL: in the end, i was very frustrated. the drugstore bargain for 1/5 of the price had much better results than this horrible let down.