October 31, 2014 | 875 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Freckledflower

I got a sample of this from Sephora. To start the shade range for pale girls is limited. Alaska was a bit to dark but I was able to blend it out and Finland was too light (I'm MAC NC20). The finish it beautiful though. I have oily skin and it evened out my redness nicely and left me nice looking skin. It was not glowy at all on me despite the radiant in its name but just looked healthy. However after 3 days with the sample my skin was really clogged and pimples kept developing for days. I do have clog prone skin but it took over a week of not using this for my skin to be back to its normal (but less than perfect) self. No foundation I've tried has been this bad. However if your skin can tolerate it, it does give a beautiful finish so I gave it a 3. I wish i could keep using it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ingredients or higher SPF sensitized my skin. Like a previous reviewer, it gave me painful cysts on top of clogged pores. The coverage is beautiful for half a day, but I would have liked a bit less of it for a tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I heard Nars was coming out with a tinted moisturizer I was initially gonna pass on it, I've used Laura Maurcier TM in the warm spring/summer months since foundation is so heavy and has too much coverage, so while I was in Sephora a few weeks ago and have heard the rave reviews I got curious about this and ended up purchasing the shade St. Mortiz and it is a perfect match for my skin tone. I also think its very good at covering the redness in my face and it doesn't feel heavy at all, it looks like I have no make up on which I really love. Yes it is on the pricey side but all Nars products are, and if there a good product I think its totally worth it, and this is one of those products-worth every penny IMO. I've worn this up to 10 hours a day and by the end of the day yes I'm a little oily but nothing crazy. I am very impressed with this product and I will def re-purchase this once i'm out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by pearlsdechina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a week ago since I was looking for a new tinted moisturizer. It's gotten rave reviews, so I overlooked the few ones that said it lead to cystic acne and bought it anyway. Let me just say, it looks amazing on. It evens out your skin tone and definitely gives a glow more than anything else. The issue for me was that I think it's been making me break out. And I just got off of Accutane 3 months ago, so really nothing should be irritating my skin. And nothing has...till now! I must have had a very big clogged pore on my nose that turned zitty and there are 2 noticable bumps on the side of my face. I feel like it might be because of the high SPF/titanium dioxide. It's such a disappointment since I loved how this looked on (though after a few hours it can get shiny). But I think I'm going to have to return and try out the much hyped Laura Mercier instead.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

I went to my local Sephora to purchase this in St. Moritz, and the SA told me very apologetically that they were all out (this seems to be a really popular shade for those of us in the NC30~ range). However, he gave me a very generous sample, enough for at least two weeks, and I scampered home a happy, happy girl.

For the first five days or so, I was really pleased with this tinted moisturizer which matched my skintone very nicely. I haven't used the Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier ones, which a lot of reviewers seem to have experience with, but I've faithfully used the one from Tarte. In comparison, I found that NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer had a lot more slip to it -- as other reviewers mentioned, this feels very much like a serum and has an almost silky, gel-like texture. This made it very easy to spread onto my face with my fingers. After application I'd let it sit for a couple of minutes before applying concealer where I needed it. It didn't diminish the redness in my cheeks completely, but my skin looked much more even and dewy. I tend to be combination/oily, and while this didn't have a matte finish, it didn't make me look like an oil slick either. Even my friends commented on how great my skin looked (for reference, my skin is usually fine, a bit of redness in the cheeks and a pimple or two during hormonal times of the month but nothing else). I thought I'd found my HG for the upcoming spring and summer months.

Then, as some others have stated, came the cystic acne. I haven't had something like this happen in years; the last time the culprit was DDF Glycolic Toner and it was so bad I had to go see a dermatologist. This is the only change I've made to my skincare/makeup routine, so I can only deduce that this product is at fault. I now have a huge, throbbing and painful lump on my chin that I need to calm down.

Oh NARS, I'm not sure what it is (maybe it's that you're not silicone-free? Or so I've heard), but I can't buy this product. For those who are enjoying it, I'm super jealous! While $42 seems expensive, I can vouch that a 1.7 oz.-ish tube of tinted moisturizer lasts about 6 months for me with daily use, so it works out to be pretty cheap. And I've got a big face! Lots of area to cover! NARS, why don't you like my big face? :( I guess I'll just have to limit myself to your eyeshadows, blushes and Multiples.

*EDIT ON 03/29/2012* It's definitely this tinted moisturizer that caused the cystic acne. I went back to my Tarte one and the bump has diminished considerably. Nothing else changed in my routine besides that. I'm bummed as I really did like this a lot. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by kayelife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this tinted moisturizer at Sephora for $40. I don't really wear foundations because they make my dry skin look even dryer. This is a nice tinted moisturizer with sheer/light coverage. It doesn't feel dry on my skin. It doesn't really moisturize it either, but at least if doesn't make it more dry.
One great thing about this product is that it does not rub off on your hands or anything unless you actually wipe it or rub it. I will purchase again, in a different color.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using a sample of this in shade St. Moritz for a few days now. To me, the point of a tinted moisturizer is to cut down on beauty routine steps, yes? I want it to be something that I can slap on, buff in, and go. I know tinted moisturizers produce a dewier finish. But this stuff is ridiculous. Two minutes after I rub it in, my nose is shiny. Glaringly shiny. This doesn't mean my skin is oily--it most certainly isn't. It's just all shine. So that means I am adding powder and wondering if I should have mixed in a little primer with it--which then makes me irritated because that defeats my purpose of using a tinted moisturizer. If I wanted to go through all that I would have just gone with foundation in the first place.
Now...I was worried about the color since my skin has very pink undertones. Most of them seem pretty yellow based. However, I found that I really love the color. It blends in and counteracts my pink undertones in a good way. I do think it provides a little more coverage than a typical tinted moisturizer--it is pretty pigmented, I think.
Overall...I WANT to like this, I really do. I just can't get over the shiny finish (especially on my nose) that it gives. I sadly do not think I would be able to justify purchasing a full size tube of this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't really like this product. It's not that I don't like tinted moisturizers. I have tried probably a dozen different ones over the years, and I much prefer a sheer tinted moisturizer to a full-coverage foundation. That said, I wasn't really impressed with this one. My skin is fairly sensitive, and I did get some mild, immediate irritation from this. I'm guessing it might be the SPF, which I sometimes have a problem with. For color info, I am around nc25ish, and Alaska blended right in. I also tried the shade lighter, Finland, and it was sheer enough that it probably would have worked for me also. but I went with Alaska knowing that I do gain some color in the warmer months. Anyway it was a good match, so I did like the color. Another disappointment - this was not moisturizing enough for me to wear alone. I have normal to dry skin, and this by itself clings to dry patches. However if I layer it over a good moisturizer, it gives the sheer dewy coverage that everyone has been talking about. The dewiness only lasted a few hours on me, and then people were telling me that I looked tired and dehydrated. My skin sort of sucks this up, and then it doesn't have the best coverage. The final straw came after a few days of trying it out, when my mild irritation had become several red bumps, sprouting pimples, and drier patches. My skin definitely didn't like this. I quit using it, and my skin went back to normal in about a week. So I returned this. I am bummed because I really wanted to like this. I went back to Laura Mercier's TM, which is a little too pink for me but doesn't irritate my skin. In case you're wondering, my all time TM of all the ones I've tried is the now discontinued Hard Candy Sheer Envy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by wendiizhou

Hands down the best tinted moisturiser I've ever used.

I have oily skin and I usually have to wear longlasting foundations like DW to ensure my foundation lasts the whole day. I discovered this foundation while on vacation in thailand and purchased it for aprox. $46AUD. I was looking for a light foundation that had spf30, oil free and yellow undertones as I'm asian with a NC30 skin.

This foundation was everything I looked for AND MORE. In the hot 33degrees humid thailand temperature this foundation looked flawless and could easily go 6+ hours. Easily blendable with just the fingers the foundation is a light to medium coverage with a natural dewy finish but not 'her face is so oily' but rather 'wow her skin is glowing!'

I'm a nc30 pushing it to nc35 as I did get abit tanned on holidays and St Moritz was a perfect match. I wish I stocked up as NARS is so expensive in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a light coverage foundation or TM that would suit my sensitive dryish/dehydrated skin and came upon this.
It goes on smoothly and feels very light on the skin and provides just the right amount of coverage to even out my skintone and hide a bit of redness and some of my freckles and has the bonus of the added sunscreen- all in one go! Concealor is only needed for ladies wanting slightly more coverage in certain places or under the eyes to cover dark circles. I do use a light moisturiser underneath, but for the warm summer months, I might even do without it. It spreads well and does not sink into the pores. I have fair and beigy/ivory skintone and the shade Finland suits me perfectly with just the right amount of yellow in it to cancel out the pink in my cheeks. The TM leaves a lovely radiant finish which I love!
The main reason for buying this TM for me was that it is:
-synthetic fragrance free
-paraben free
-non-comedogenic

I recommend and will definitely repurchase.

PS. Yes the coverage is sheer, but thats why this is called a TM and not a foundation, so this is not ideal for ladies needing/wanting more coverage.

EDIT:

Unfortunately this has been causing clogged pores on my skin, especially on my forehead, which I guess is due to the silicones or the sunscreen. I therefore downgraded it from five to four lippies, as I still think its a great product for those that dont get clogged pores from silicones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No