Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 3/22/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like that this blush has zero glitter/sparkle/shimmer. It goes a long way to making the blush look "natural" on the face. I hate Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush—it is so full of big sparkles or glitter particles, I can't understand how anyone would want to wear it.
But back to this blush, the colour selections look awesome in the package (I have Fresh Pink [which is an awesome natural rosy pink shade), Pink Frosting, and Pink Plum). Applying the product is a problem, as other reviewers have noted. The consistency is weird because it's not very creamy and it takes some effort to blend it on the cheeks.
However, if you work at it, the overall effect is pretty.

I love these blushes! I think why people are so disappointed is because of the color pay off. I have fair skin, but these blushes show up great on my skin tone. They're creamy, light weight, and come in a good range of colors! These blushes get alot of love, and alot of hate. But Im just sure people with light skin tones will love these, they give your cheeks a nice glow, and they go on very smooth!

on 3/20/2012 7:16:00 PM

I bought this product on a whim. The consistancy was pretty weird and it did not go on smoothly at all. The color pay off was not worth it either. I would not buy this product again and would not recommend it. Save your money

on 3/20/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this for free but I cannot say that I would pay money for it in the future. I received one of the plum colours, which is darker than most of them. This went on quite sheer and was very pretty and natural looking but I found that after a few hours, it was barely detectible and that just won't do for me. I would recommend this to people who are afraid of wearing blush.

on 3/20/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I actually find this product works pretty well for me. I bought it on sale at Target just because the idea was interesting to me. A lot of people are talking about it having a very poor colour payoff, but I am super fair and I actually thought it wasn't too bad. I bought the peachy pink as I am naturally quite rosy in my cheeks, so I was looking for something with a lot less red. I blends fine and I think it looks really nice if you are going for a certain look. The blendability isn't the absolute best, but it definitely is not the worst either. I would recommend this product if you are looking for something a bit more subtle, and looking for a very pretty colour.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The way i rated this product is pretty confusing. Overall, i rated this product a 2 because the pigmentation is absolutely horrible. I have to swipe my finger in a circle about 5 times to get decent pigmentation. So i would not even touch this product in the winter. But when it is hot out and you don't want to have a heavy application and you just want a little tint in your cheeks this is the product you should use. I would use this in the summer time. But there's still a catch, for decent pigmentation i swipe my finger around 5 times and put it on my face and spend about 3 minutes blending it out evenly with a brush! And i don't know about you but i don't have that much time to spare when i need to put on eye makeup and everything else on in a hurry! I rated it a 5 in expensiveness because its about $9 at cvs and that is cheap for a good working product but however, this is not and it seems like i spent a lot of money on this product because it is so lame. I rated the packaging a 1 because after one application the bouncy blush spread out to the corner and makes it look all messy and makes it seem like it is going to run out of blush soon because it takes up a lot of blush after only just one use of application. After all of this dissapointment, makeupalley asked me if i would buy this product again and i would still buy it again because i got my color in hot tamale and i am NW45 in MAC so thats why i feel it is not good pigmentation, because i am an African American. However, iv'e learned that Plum wine has verrrrry good pigmentation and pigmentation for me is a big deal because most things come up looking white on African Americans. haha i told you alll this would be confusing but yeah this is my review!!

on 3/18/2012 5:27:00 PM

I bought this blush in a rosy pink color. I wanted to try Maybelline's dream mousse but I think the bouncy blush took place of it.
The color pay off is great.the product feels like a cream when being applied but turns into a powdered finish afterwards. Staying power is about 3 hours. I usually put a matching powder blush over it to lock in the color and it stays much longer. I would repurchase this product and recommend this to anyone who is thinking about trying it!!:)

on 3/15/2012 3:13:00 AM

I bought this because it was really hyped up on YouTube. I bought it in the color `peach satin`because it looked like a pretty peachy pink color. The fact that it was bouncy seemed interesting to me and don`t get me wrong it it fun to play with but the product itself is complete crap. It doesn`t show up at all and it`s kind of akward to apply like are you supposed to use your fingers or your brushes or what? I tried all methods of application and it still barely showed up. I was very unimpressed with this product because it was around $10 Canadian and its a fairly small product to begin with but then there ends up being like no pigmentation at all or too light for my liking. I would not recommend this to anyone. Save your money for something else.

on 3/12/2012 9:44:00 PM

I bought this blush in "Peach Satin" and I've been using it everyday. It's nice to throw in your bag if you need a quick touch up during the day. It makes my skin look vibrant and dewy. It is not easy to blend however and I also wish that it was more creamy. The pigmentation of this color on my skin tone is actually really noticeable, so maybe those who are having trouble with pigmentation are just choosing the wrong colors? Either way I do like it and would purchase it again in the future.

on 3/12/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This blush might make possible HG status for me. I have been wearing it all week on top of a very emollient moisturizer and the Garnier BB Cream. Talk about staying power! This blush lasted through a two mile walk in seventy degree weather. I am writing this review at close to 5pm and the product looks exactly like it did when I applied it at 7am.