Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 4/21/2012 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has to be one of the best drugstore products of all time. I deposit the shadow on the back of my hand and apply it with a brush to my lids. I apply a sheer layer on the inner corner, and then a thicker layer on the lid, and a second layer on the outer corner and crease. This gives me the look of wearing more than one color, sort of, and shades my eyes nicely without having to apply other shades. It's very quick and easy. This formula does not budge on me at all, even though I have allergies and I've been moisturizing my face with Aquafor lately. I have slept for short periods in this eyeshadow, and upon waking it still looked freshly applied. As for the color, I would not call it bronze. For reference, on me this looks exactly like CoverGirl Tapestry Taupe and WnW Nutty. The shimmer is not over the top, and it builds easily and does not cake. I can't find any cons with this product. I just purchased another shade in this line, and I can't wait to try it out. I definitely recommend this. ($6.99 at drugstores.)

on 4/20/2012 7:41:00 AM

Don't let this name fool you, the color of this is more of a cool-toned taupey bronze than a true bronze. I'm NC20, and this color gives an almost nude shimmery look to my eyes that I absolutely adore. This has definitely become a part of my daily routine, and it's so easy to just slap on and go. No creasing, not too drying, not flakey, and just perfect! I've never purchased cream shadows since my Bobbi Brown fiasco, but these are fabulous.

on 4/20/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Great and versatile colour to use as a base for other shadows or on its own for a quick and really pretty look. Fortunately for me, at least, this isn't as "bronzey" as the name would suggest - it's more of a glittery taupe. And, fortunately again, the glitter isn't large or chunky so it imparts more of a sheen than it does outright glitter. These shadows were on sale when I got mine, so the already reasonable price was even less, which is always nice.

I tried the flatter side of the 2-sided Naked 2 Good Karma brush to apply this but I honestly think it goes on better just with a finger. The packaging is not unlike MAC Paint Pots or Benefit's cream shadows, though I do wish they'd printed the colour names on the BOTTOM, rather than just on the lid because if you're using 2 shades, it can be easy to get the lids mixed up! Oh, and I have to add that the lasting power on these is excellent - no creasing and no fading all day (since I don't sleep in makeup, I can't really say if they last the full 24 hours) and I plan to put this shadow (or Tough as Taupe, which I also have) to the ultimate test by wearing it when I work out at the gym, which happens to be really warm right now as the a/c for the facility hasn't been turned on yet! An absolutely first rate product at a reasonable price!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never been a big fan of cream shadows precisely because I hate creasing but I'm surprised at the quality of this product! The color of this perfect, metallic gorgeousness. I wear it as a base and it doesn't crease. it could totally be worn alone as a complete (and glam) eye look. I've also worn this with my UD naked palette. I've added side car on top of this for a super sparkly look. I've also worn this with UD half-baked for a bronzed gold look.

on 4/18/2012 12:00:00 PM

Gorgeous color! Very subtle shimmer, buildable color. I have hazel eyes, but believe this shade would look good on anyone. It's a beautiful true bronze color, hard to find. I hope Maybelline never discontinues this product! I normally use Estee Lauder Double Wear eyeshadow, which is very similar -- long lasting cream shadow in a pot -- but Maybelline Color Tattoo is one third of the price. I still love Estee Lauder's Double Wear and highly recommend those, but this product is fabulous and I like the color offerings even better. I also have the Taupe and Gold colors in color tattoo -- both of those are very good (the taupe is a wonderful neutral matte, the gold is a nice metallic with subtle shimmer), but Bad to the Bronze is my favorite color. This shadow is a cream that goes on smooth and creamy, and lasts all day. I don't use a primer, I use a concealing foundation (Illuminaire) mixed with moisturizer on my eyelids, top with a super light dusting of powder, then I apply the eyeshadow. I'm sure this eyeshadow would also work with a primer or maybe even all alone. Try this wonderful product, you will not be disappointed!

on 4/16/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit: after several months it has completely dried up. Used mac fix+ and it's very dry impossible to apply. I had kept it tightly closed. Not worth any price. edit: when i use this as an all over wash for lazy days, h makes remarks like "i like your eye makeup." "your eyes look cool" etc lol.
Very good- texture is better than the other CT's- colour is taupey bronze, very pretty. Like it with red lips.

on 4/16/2012 6:40:00 PM

Bad to the Bronze is the color I thought - and hoped - Tough as Taupe would be. One me, it looks totally different on my lid than in the pot. In the pot it looks like a golden light bronze. On my lids this becomes a lot more neutral shade. It turns into a lovely neutral, shimmery, genuine taupe. At first, I thought it looked too shimmery, but with time it settles to a more satiny finish. It spreads much better than TaT (shimmer always does; I don't now why) and looks softer. Staying power is excellent. I use it with eyeliner alone, or with a slightly darker shade in the crease, if I want a more dramatic look. All in all, I like this very much. Better than TaT. A very elegant color.

on 4/12/2012 3:36:00 PM

Bad to the Bronze is a necessity for anyone who loves neutrals or bronze colors. Its a beautiful toned down bronze color with a nice satin finish. The pigmentation is superb, similiar to the rest of the Color Tattoo line. This is one of my top picks of the collection because I would use this more than one of the brighter shades. A must have.

on 4/10/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the Color Tattoo line. Bad to the Bronze is my favorite color. I wear it all over the lid on its own. It's soooo pigmented. I use my fingers to apply which makes my makeup routine in the morning so much quicker.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This looks alot like iced mocha a nyx jumbo pencil.I really love this color on my lid it can be a wonderful look all on it's own.
There lasting power is amazing.The only downer is you can't wear 2 at the same time.Every time I put another in the crease the look just start falling apart melting and creasing so i would just stick to one at a time.

If you want a cooler toned bronze/brown try essence cream shadow glammy goes to.It's the same staying power and formula I would try this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials