Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 11/10/2012 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own 4 lip butters - sugar plum, berry smoothie, peach parfait, and pink truffle.

Do these live up to the hype? Yeah, they do (better than most products. I'm glaring at you maybelline babylips).

SO MANY COLORS! WHICH ONE TO BUY? D:!

Here's my advice - pick colors that you know will suit your skin tone. Google for swatches to help narrow down your choices. I know on my skin tone, I cannot pull off certain shades of pink because they're cool toned and clash horribly. I gravitated towards the warmer shades knowing that they would suit me much more.

Honestly, the reason why I marked it off 1 lippie is because there's so freaking little product in one tube. These guys run for $7-8 a pop so the price really stacks up when you buy more than just 1 or 2. Because it's a balm, you find yourself reapplying it for a kick of moisture so you'll end up using this balm+lipstick up a lot faster than your average lipstick. I got mine when it was buy 1 get 1 half off so it was a better deal.

Not a totally over hyped product. It's worth picking up to satisfy that curiosity.

on 11/8/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have 4 of these and love them all I didn't really use them a lot when I bought them, some are more sheer than others ive started wearing strawberry shortcake and its is a pretty pink I love it they are really moisturising and I can see why there was such a hype about them they feel like a balm and lipgloss all in one

on 11/4/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I think the reason opinion is so polarised on these babies is that there is so much difference in the performance between colours. I noticed when I swatched them on my arm that some were much more heavily pigmented, some looked blotchy, some seemed creamier. Strange... Anyhoo, this review is for Sweet Tart, a clear blue-based pink. It is sensational on my medium tan skin and really gives me a lift. Perfect for Spring (which it is, here).
Sweet tart is quite highly pigmented and feels soft & smooth on the lips, with a bit of shine. It's not terribly long lasting, but i tend to eat everything off my lips in a couple of hours anyway (except pehaps the YSL glossy stains).
What i do like about this colour is that even when it wears off it tends to leave a pretty pink stain which is a lovely natural look for the day time. I am definitely buying a couple more in this colour in case it disappears. Of course, i probably won't buy them in Oz where, as has been pointed out, they cost $22.

on 11/4/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A lovely range that's fantastic at moisturising! I get such dry lips and I can apply these lip butters without needing additional lip balm. I love the colours Fig Jam for a natural, everyday look (I have medium/dark skin) and Red Velvet is a great "soft" red that isn't too scary to apply.

There are two main cons to this range; firstly they are quite sheer, although relatively build-able so you can live with that. But most importantly, they don't last AT ALL. You have to constantly reapply, which is a real shame. I'd continue to buy the two colours above, but I'd happily ditch them if I found something that lasted longer.

on 10/29/2012 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this. The shade I bought, Raspberry Pie, gave me blackheads around my lip line, so I'm reluctant to try others. The pigmentation and feel was excellent, though, which is why I'm giving it three stars.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Great product the consistency is like butter on your lips. But some of the colors are just too sheer.,Overall great product though! :)

on 10/29/2012 11:16:00 AM

I really love this lipstick-balm! The name is so tempting, lipbutter...oh...freakin' delicious! This is my first lipstick that i've finished using, YEAAYY!!! I love sweet tart & tutti fruity, the colors are awemaziiing! I definitely recommend it to everyone! Thumbs up, REVLON... :D

on 10/25/2012 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Believe the hype. These are great. There is no trick or key other than just the same as any other makeup item, find the color the works for you! I bought three of these now, returned 1. I was not a fan of pink truffle but everyone's lips are different, i tried to look up swatches first but doesn't help so much since it comes out different on everyone. These are easy to use, not a high maintenance lip color, but they saturate more than a regular lip balm, def moisturizing. So, im down for more!

on 10/24/2012 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like the way these come in a variety of shades (with varying degrees of pigmentation), and are smooth with a nice glossy effect without being too sticky (I really hate the feel of sticky glosses; hate my hair getting stuck in them, etc.). That being said, those are about the only good things I have to say about this product.
They do not last long (which I guess can/should be expected with something that has the word "butter" in the name), they melt EXTREMELY easily, and I feel that, for the price, you do not get a whole lot of product. I've used one of my favorites--Peach Parfait--twice now, and can already see a considerable amount gone (and not a lot left!), and I don't even sit there and layer over and over with the product on my lips (I do maybe two full swipes per lip). I guess I will continue to look for something in a similar color but that has a better value (or at least has more product).

on 10/18/2012 1:34:00 AM

Smooth, but definitely feels chunky and even sticky. I also hate that the product has glitter in it. I tend to keep my makeup very boring and basic and the glitter was a little too much.

Popular Lipsticks