September 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

This stuff is really amazing. I find most mascaras work the same on me (pretty crappy). I bought a high-end sampler kit from Sephora at christmas to try out a lot of new mascaras. They are all pretty 'meh'. But I just got this and this stuff is really unbelievable for the price! It's one of the few mascaras that has actually made my eyelashes look longer and curl in just a few swipes, I don't even really need 2 coats but when I do they look even more dramatic. Would defintely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by princesssaras

This is an awesome mascara, you def get the dramatic lash with the length and volume, although it could take a little practice to get it right, I didn't have the issue with too much product. It was comparable to a much more expensive mascara I like! Highly recommended, you can't beat this price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

READ ON FOR A GREAT TIP!
This mascara is BLACK, and creates amazing length and volume. It holds a curl too. As other reviewers have said, this mascara doesn't have the lip near the opening of the bottle that wipes off the excess mascara. You're left with a TON of mascara on the wand, and though it creates a very dramatic effect, it's clumpy and messy, and you have to do a lot of lash combing to get a clean, separated look. Too much work for me, even given the great price of the product and the quality formula. Well, I HAVE GREAT NEWS! I have an old Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara wand that I use to apply this mascara. So not only do you get the benefits of this mascara, you also get the separated, lifted, clump free effect that the CG Clump Crusher wand gives! It gives you more control to fan out your lashes, and brush them in the direction you want them to go in. Plus, with the CG Clump Crushers wands size and shape, the opening of the container scrapes off the excess mascara. The combination of Jordana's formula plus CG's wand, gives the perfect dramatic effect, without the extra work of having to comb through the lashes to remove the excess, clumpy mascara. When using the Jordana wand to apply, you have to layer up the mascara while it's still wet, as once it's dry it's hard to layer because the mascara dries so stiffly. Another benefit of using the CG wand, it makes it easier to layer the mascara once it has dried. If you're unhappy with the wand and application of this mascara, try the Cover Girl Clump Crusher wand with it!

20 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I haven't used a ton of HE mascaras so I don't know how they compare, but I would guess that this is probably in my top three DS mascaras. (The others being Lash Blast and Voluminous) It's frustrating because there is one thing wrong with each of these that keep them from being perfect on my lashes. For the Jordana mascara, my one complaint is that it will not hold a curl. Ugh. But I find it does a little better if I combine it with another mascara. My favorite combo right now is adding a coat of this right after one coat of voluminous - my lashes are so thick and long when I do this.

On its own, it is still a great little mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by starlette17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably the least expensive mascara I have purchased but one of the best! It is much better than the overpriced Tarte "Lights Camera lashes" or even any L'oreal mascaras. It was around $2-3 at Walgreens, what a steal! It really beautifies your lashes.. It's very black, defines the lashes, and adds volume.. I do layer with Cover Girl Lash Blast but own it's own it works well too!! Try it out, for only a couple dollars it's not much to lose!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. So much so, I have repurchased this multiple times. I rarely repurchase mascaras, however, there are only two that I repeat buy and the Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing is one of them. And trust me, I have tried scores of mascara brands and types and the quality on this one far outweighs the cost. Very, very, very black. Lengthens and volumizes nicely and does not clump. It does not transfer or move around on me. Like I said - I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lnb4563

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: My lashes are long, but thin. I pile on mascara in hopes of getting doll lashes - thick, full, and fluttery. I don't curl my lashes because they don't need it. It doesn't make much of a difference if I do curl them. I also have blonde lashes, in spite of my dark hair.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I bought this at Walgreen's, which is the only place I've ever seen it. It was in the $2-3 range. Extraordinarily cheap for such a fantastic mascara!
PACKAGING: It's your standard black tube with purple writing. Nothing terribly fancy or notable. That said, when you pull out the applicator it comes out with a ton of product on it. There's nothing that lines the tube to scrape some of the excess product off as you open it. That kind of sucks, but just dab the extra off on a tissue and you should be okay. The lid of my second tube broke shortly after I bought it, though I'm not sure why. I never dropped it, and the rest of the time it was in my make-up bag. I didn't notice any cracks, but maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention.
PERFORMANCE: Like I said, I tend to pile on mascara. We're talking a good six or seven coats per eye. It did give me the thick, full lashes I so crave! However, as it takes so much to darken my blonde lashes, after so many coats it would begin to clump. I could carefully work the clumps out with a tweezers, of course, but given the choice I'd rather not have to. At the end of the day, I did notice some slight smudging. This mascara only comes in black, so hopefully you don't want brown. It's a true black, not a gray-black like some mascaras.
SUMMARY: This super cheap mascara gave me the thick, dark lashes I had hoped for. However, it takes so much mascara to darken my lashes that it began to clump. (The clumps were fixable, though, thankfully.) I also had a bit of smudging by the time I took it off, but nothing too noticeable.
REBUY?: I've re-bought this several times already. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It is very inexpensive. Nice small tube that is easy to put in purse, etc. The brush is easy to maneuver. It is quite long lasting for something that is volumizing. I don't have to fight with this (I barely comb it & that's when I've put on a ton.) I get quite a bit of length from this, being that it's a "volumizing" formula. Doesn't bother my sensitive eyes. Washes off easily when removing. Holds curl quite well. Thank you MUA'ers for making this a top pick so that I could find out about it!!

CONS: Can clump a bit. I wish the brush bristles were just a tiny bit longer. This one could last longer, I guess, before flaking. (If I put my Clarin's Double Fix on top, it lasts much longer.).

APPLICATION TIPS: The trick to the brush working for me is to drag the brush through the lashes and keep applying and dragging the brush through while it's wet. Doesn't do as well for me if I let it dry in between coats. And I need to not be shy about dragging that brush through. It doesn't do as well when I use a very light hand. I need to really brush through the mascara that's on there while I apply more. Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with virtually no flaking and helps the curl stay even more. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too. Can put Clarins Double Fix on lashes after applying this, to make it last longer.

ALTERNATES: For HE, MUFE's Smoky Lash lasts a long time and adds big volume. But it is time-consuming to apply. The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof version) is good for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, similar to this but a bit less volume/clumping, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

THREE DOLLARS?? All the good reviews, I had to try it. I have paid $28 for Lancome, so really *just how great could this $3 stuff be*??

Let me tell you---it's fab! It stays where you put it, it's buildable, I like it just as well as my $28 Lancome. In fact I just stocked up on the Jordana when I found our store had two tubes left. I LOVE THIS STUFF! It looks great, and it comes off when you want it to w/o breaking lashes.

For $3 you simply can't go wrong---try it, you might love it! I get mine at Kmart. You can also go to kmart.com and order it along with the MIlani glossy Flash lip pencils they don't sell in their stores :--)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had heard some great reviews on this mascara so I figured I'd try it out, especially since I wouldn't be wasting much money if I hated it. Well, I definitely didn't hate it! This mascara is really great, giving exceptional volume and curl without getting too clumpy. I like that the brush is on the smaller side, which makes it easier to maneuver and get closer to the lash roots. This actually reminds me a fair amount of Too Faced Lashgasm mascara, which I also love, except this gives a bit more volume and that one gives a bit more length. This mascara is impressive in its own right, but at its low price, it simply can't be beat!