August 27, 2014 | 912 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It is very inexpensive. Nice small tube that is easy to put in purse, etc. The brush is easy to maneuver. It is quite long lasting for something that is volumizing. I don't have to fight with this (I barely comb it & that's when I've put on a ton.) I get quite a bit of length from this, being that it's a "volumizing" formula. Doesn't bother my sensitive eyes. Washes off easily when removing. Holds curl quite well. Thank you MUA'ers for making this a top pick so that I could find out about it!!

CONS: Can clump a bit. I wish the brush bristles were just a tiny bit longer. This one could last longer, I guess, before flaking. (If I put my Clarin's Double Fix on top, it lasts much longer.).

APPLICATION TIPS: The trick to the brush working for me is to drag the brush through the lashes and keep applying and dragging the brush through while it's wet. Doesn't do as well for me if I let it dry in between coats. And I need to not be shy about dragging that brush through. It doesn't do as well when I use a very light hand. I need to really brush through the mascara that's on there while I apply more. Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with virtually no flaking and helps the curl stay even more. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too. Can put Clarins Double Fix on lashes after applying this, to make it last longer.

ALTERNATES: For HE, MUFE's Smoky Lash lasts a long time and adds big volume. But it is time-consuming to apply. The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof version) is good for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, similar to this but a bit less volume/clumping, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

THREE DOLLARS?? All the good reviews, I had to try it. I have paid $28 for Lancome, so really *just how great could this $3 stuff be*??

Let me tell you---it's fab! It stays where you put it, it's buildable, I like it just as well as my $28 Lancome. In fact I just stocked up on the Jordana when I found our store had two tubes left. I LOVE THIS STUFF! It looks great, and it comes off when you want it to w/o breaking lashes.

For $3 you simply can't go wrong---try it, you might love it! I get mine at Kmart. You can also go to kmart.com and order it along with the MIlani glossy Flash lip pencils they don't sell in their stores :--)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had heard some great reviews on this mascara so I figured I'd try it out, especially since I wouldn't be wasting much money if I hated it. Well, I definitely didn't hate it! This mascara is really great, giving exceptional volume and curl without getting too clumpy. I like that the brush is on the smaller side, which makes it easier to maneuver and get closer to the lash roots. This actually reminds me a fair amount of Too Faced Lashgasm mascara, which I also love, except this gives a bit more volume and that one gives a bit more length. This mascara is impressive in its own right, but at its low price, it simply can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I'm a month into daily use of this. This is a steal at only 3 dollars. Big fat, falsie looking spider lashes can be had here if that's the look you're going for - or a classy defined look if applied with a LOT of restraint. I really love that it does not flake on me and comes off without a brawl!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by shomaq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After trying tons of mascara's , I must say I absolutely love the mascara, it is absolutely fabulous. They volumize, extend, and thicken lashes. Did I forget to say it curls fabulously too. It's definitely one of my fave HG product and it's defintely a bang for the buck. Love it! <3 No fallouts and long lasting. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

HOLY GRAIL! I got asian eyelashes that are quite long for being asian. I like full, thicker and black lashes. The mascara costs $2.99 and gives me the most perfect lashes!
My other HG mascara is Loreal voluminous. They do the same job except from that this one is buildable WITHOUT making clumps. I use 2 coats and I'm good to go for everyday use. Packaging doesn't look so fancy, but I don't really mind. The wand is quite small so it's easy to reach those small little hairs. It's firm and easy to work with. The tube last me for about 3 months and I basically use mascara on a daily basis. Paying only $2.99 makes me love it even more! I recommend everyone to try this. You can get natural lashes or dramatic, up to you how you apply it!
Who doesn't love a bargain HOLY GRAIL?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this mascara after reading that it's wondrous layered over the Wet n' Wild and it seriously is! I do two coats of the WNW and then one coat of this and my sparse, thin (but oddly long) lashes turn into BAM! Huge lashes! Love it!
And it's cheaper than that Dior mascara that flakes and has a horrible brush and ew. Like, a lot cheaper. So for the price, it's quite a gem!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by 11233

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To be fair, I've only had this mascara on for 5 minutes but so far it's amazing enough to make me rush to the computer to leave a RAVING review. (which, is saying quite a bit as I've only left one review before this: for the Nars Exhibit A blush - also love)

I'm 49 with skimpy, short and rather sparse lashes. NOT any more, bitches! (hee hee) Loving my new long, lush lashes. I'll try to edit this later if I find it flakes, smudges or otherwise disappoints.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Karolina88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What can I sayÖI simply love this mascara!!!! It is amazing it does the job very well and is very easy on the pocket. I refuse to pay 20 or so dollars on mascaras. For me personally itís crazy to pay so much money for a product that I could easily get it at the drug store. I bought my mascara at local Walgreen for about 2.99+tax, but now for some reason it went up and it is 3.49 which I donít mind because I will still repurchase it over and over again. Not only is this mascara lengthening but also adds volume to my lashes. I have pretty long lashes, but they are not pulshed like I want them to be with this mascara I get everything I want and more. I tried many mascaras and this is by far one of my favorites. Itís worth every penny and could be easily compared to many high end mascaras. GO OUT AND GET IT YOU BE AMAZED.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, so I am writing this review as a "first time" user. I am not sure how I will feel if I do something different and use it again but here is here I stand now. I will update this once I've used it a few more times. 12.18.12 Bought this for $2.99 (awesome!) from walgreens. I read all the hype with this and decided I MUST try! So during application I usually use liquid eyeliner before applying my mascara. This lead me to have LOTS of clumping. I couldn't get this to perform like everyone says, my curl even fell further down. I will try again tomorrow and see if I can try it a different way and get better results.

update12.21.12: well looks like i gave it 3 tries and i still find it to be clumping and not as grand as everyone says BUT on a side note found a very worthy competitor at $1.97!! Walmart buy, NYC sky rise mascara was awesome at volume and not a lot of clumping!! Highly recommend for the cost.