Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 6/11/2007 9:58:00 PM

I bought this awhile back as a result of Dr. Baumann's book. She recommended it for oily, sensitive skin. I bought the Calming lotion and cream also. I liked the way this cleanser foamed up and cleaned my skin. It felt alittle drying but I use other products that moisturize. After about 3 days using this product my skin started burning and got really inflamed (roseacea flare). Since this was the only new product I was using at the time, I assumed it was the culprit. I stopped using it and the irritation calmed down after a few days. It's a good thing I have friends and family who love the products that I can't use. They really clean up. My daughter loves this cleanser.

on 6/1/2007 11:43:00 AM

I tried this back in high school, in my ongoing attempt to battle acne. (Birth control seemed to help a little, but I started that at 19.)

Anyway, loved the packaging, but didn't really feel impressed with the results. It didn't clear up my face, but it DID try my face out. Which would technically cause more acne. I wouldn't recommend it. I had more like with Clearisil 3-Day Wash, or something like that.

on 5/19/2007 9:30:00 AM

This product is perfect for my sesitive acme prone skin , it does not irritate or make my face red like other acne products do, I have finally found a skin cleanser for me!

on 5/15/2007 1:30:00 PM

Love this stuff. Smells great. Cleans my combination skin without overstripping. HG.

on 5/14/2007 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I thought it was working out well for my skin and it did treat my acne but then my face started getting really dry and tight. Especially the skin near my mouth, even my lips started peeling. It stopped after I discontinued use of this product. Even though I didn't see very good reviews for this product, I saw that it worked well with some people and had hopes that it would work well for me, I was wrong.
I would not buy this product again.

I love this. I've been breaking out even though I'm on prescription medicine. I used this and my breakout was gone!!! I don't know how it worked so well but it did and I'm so glad. It removes my eye makeup too (even though I'm sure its too harsh to use on the eyes) No negatives side effects yet. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. :)

on 4/26/2007 12:58:00 AM

I have used the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser last year, and it left me a good impression. After extreme irritation from using Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser and Toner, I was still left with a few breakouts, bumps, cystic acne and redness. I thought I might give this a try, since it has a low dose of salicylic acid (could probably clear up the breakouts) and says it's safe for sensitive skin. After two days, my skin looks a lot better, less breakouts and redness. Don't know how well it removes makeup because I always use a separate makeup remover. Even if one day I decide to use another cleanser, I might still keep one in the bathroom for use when my skin gets its monthly hormonal breakouts :D

on 4/23/2007 8:35:00 PM

I use to be a huge Cetaphil user, but I hated how it left my face feeling tight. I can say after using this product I will never go back to Cetaphil again! After washing my face, my skin feels so soft and smooth! I've never had a problem with any Aveeno products, and this just adds to that list! Will **DEF** buy again!!

on 4/14/2007 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have very sensitive skin, with an oily t-zone and dry spots... and I love this cleanser. After using it my skin feels so soft. I have even noticed a little change in my overall complexion. It also takes off all of my makeup. I have not noticed dramatic improvements of my adult acne, but it does not increase breakouts. The pump tends to get stuck, which somewhat bothers me. EDIT: They changed the pump... works great! Would buy again! continued >>

I love this face wash! It's gentle, leaves my skin clean and fresh without overdrying it or leaving an oily residue. It doesn't smell bad, and even takes off my mascara. I'm on my third bottle and plan to buy again. I have oily skin and can break out a little on my chin and this seems to keep me under control as long as I use it day and night and don't go to bed w/ makeup on.