December 22, 2014 | 1660 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by candy_hunter

I have used the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser last year, and it left me a good impression. After extreme irritation from using Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser and Toner, I was still left with a few breakouts, bumps, cystic acne and redness. I thought I might give this a try, since it has a low dose of salicylic acid (could probably clear up the breakouts) and says it's safe for sensitive skin. After two days, my skin looks a lot better, less breakouts and redness. Don't know how well it removes makeup because I always use a separate makeup remover. Even if one day I decide to use another cleanser, I might still keep one in the bathroom for use when my skin gets its monthly hormonal breakouts :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Wolkiez

I use to be a huge Cetaphil user, but I hated how it left my face feeling tight. I can say after using this product I will never go back to Cetaphil again! After washing my face, my skin feels so soft and smooth! I've never had a problem with any Aveeno products, and this just adds to that list! Will **DEF** buy again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lustrous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin, with an oily t-zone and dry spots... and I love this cleanser. After using it my skin feels so soft. I have even noticed a little change in my overall complexion. It also takes off all of my makeup. I have not noticed dramatic improvements of my adult acne, but it does not increase breakouts. The pump tends to get stuck, which somewhat bothers me. EDIT: They changed the pump... works great! Would buy again! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Danielleg1280

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this face wash! It's gentle, leaves my skin clean and fresh without overdrying it or leaving an oily residue. It doesn't smell bad, and even takes off my mascara. I'm on my third bottle and plan to buy again. I have oily skin and can break out a little on my chin and this seems to keep me under control as long as I use it day and night and don't go to bed w/ makeup on.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by phosphene

Umm, nice pump bottle packaging. That is about the only nice thing I have to say about this. I'm not going to go into too much detail because there are already so many reviews, and it looks like this cleanser is really hit or miss on a case by case basis. BUT this broke me out worse that I have broken out in years and years. Usually I just have some blackheads on my nose and the occasional whitehead. With this my forehead, cheeks, and chin all broke out horribly and the blackheads on my nose got ten times worse. It was like I was transported back to teenage years before I discovered the dermatologist. I used this for two months -- I persevered because it came highly recommended and I just couldn't believe it was making my skin so bad on its own. But when I finally gave up and switched cleansers my skin was 80% better within two weeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by unaguayabita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A good cleanser. It washes off easily, doesn't feel like it leaves a residue, non drying on my (normal/combo) skin, it cleans and removes makeup fairly well. Although I feel it needs 2 o 3 pumpings to dispense a good amount, and the foam is not too foamy. I compare it to Lancome's Mousse Clarte, which I have used for a long time, Aveeno on comparison feels like a thicker mousse, not as airy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ulachka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to wash my face whit the neutrogena oil-free cleanser whit salycic acid but i switched to this one and i prefer the Aveeno one. It's more gentle on sensetive skin and it feels and smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by nikkikpatel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. It really has helped me with my breakouts and believe me when I say I have tried many, many things. I liked it better than both Vichy Normaderm and Biotherm Acnopur!! The pump gets stuck sometimes, but the scent is amazing and really clears up the skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by fcabrera

I was using this cleanser from about 4 years ago to just recently. When I first tried it my face was in good shape, then as I got older I started to breakout more often, but if I did the cleanser seemed to get rid of it in a few days. My face was always pretty much clear until recently maybe around a year ago, I would break out and the pimples would just stay there, like the cleanser just stopped working on me. So I got sick of buying when it didn't even work. Then I got on proactiv, that was a nightmare. So I don't know, it worked for like 3 years then nothing, my skins feels like crap now, used to be very nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by spookykitten

It's strange, when I first started using this product it did wonders for my combination light acne prone skin. I would use this twice a day (morning and night) in conjunction with the same moisturizer. It was great, but after purchasing this product for a while it started to make my skin tight and it really aggrivated the dry areas. I was sorely disappointed because I thought I had found my HG of facial cleansers.
But I suggest trying it. The cleanser is not as expensive as the moisturizer, it cleanses well, smells great and leaves behind no residue. The packaging is awesome and it travels well (I'm a college student so travel and versatility is important!).