November 22, 2014 | 1734 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by greylove31

Having read all the great reviews on Healthy Mix, I decided to give it a try.

I selected the shade by testing it in the store, putting a thick streak of Vanilla down one cheek and the same in Light Beige on the other. Both looked OK in the shop, but then I went to my car and checked in the rear view mirror to see in daylight and the beige one looked orange on me; the vanilla was a good match, so I bought Vanilla.

Well, the colour really is a good match for my light skin with olive undertones. It goes on pretty nicely, it's quite a good foundation, doesn't cause any problems BUT doesn't really give me enough coverage unless I put on quite a lot of it (like, more than one pump) then I feel as though I'm wearing too much make up.

I will use up the bottle I've got but this make up doesn't have enough pigment in it to give the coverage that I need...probably better for people who just want or need a light cover. The finish is good, not too matte, not too shiny and it does stay on pretty well also.

Overall, a reasonably good foundation for the price but it doesn't transform the look of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by JackieOoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this foundation in the colour 52 for 10 months now,and i use it quite often and there's still plenty of it left!!
First of all i love the smell of it,it is just like Healthy Mix's foundation,secondly it gives me a light to medium coverage,enough to cover my redness and my small zits.
It gives a natural finish,not too dewy but not at all matt,it stays on the skin for 8+ hours
BUT if i wear it for more than 8 hours it breaks me out.
i also hate the packaging,i wish it was just like the original's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by 2010

This is a pretty great foundation. The only problem I have with it is that the colours are (for once) too yellow for my skin so it looks a bit off. However, it covers well, lasts for a decent amount of time and was relatively inexpensive for such a great foundation (I paid ( I think) 10-12 pounds and it sells for $30 in Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by maweaa

I think this product is great overall. The consistency is quite similar to Make Up Forever HD Foundation which I really like. It is almost gel-like, and you don't need a lot to cover your entire face. For me, I only use it in trouble spots (scars, active blemishes, etc.) so I don't even use half a pump a day. I use a brush to apply. The product looks natural and blends well with my skin color even though I don't apply it all over my face. I would say the coverage is about medium.

I have really oily skin; I've kind of come to accept that no matter what foundation I use, I'm going to need a powder and probably touch up at least once a day. This foundation stays on great with powder, but I can't say how it is without as I've never tried.

I also have really sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out! I'm not too sure about it being "healthy" - it IS foundation afterall. But with the majority of make up products breaking me out (both cheap AND expensive!), I am pleased that this one doesn't at all. It also does not irritate any blemishes I have.

I would definitely repurchase; other high end foundations are usually around $50+ and this one is somewhere in the high $20 range. It's hard for me to ever find something that works so well, doesn't break me out AND doesn't cost me a fortune.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I went out a bought this because of all the great reviews. But unfortunately, this foundation did not work for me. When I first applied it, I was like finally a good foundation that's yellow based (I wore #52) but after 30 minutes this foundation turned orange on me! I knew it was too good to be true. On a happier note this foundation smells nice and stays on really well like it claims. Oh well, the search continues....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lwaine

After having read so many positive reviews on this product I really wanted to like it! However, after a month of persevering, its really not for me. The first issue is the colour range. Even upon returning from holiday with a slight tan, the colour was too dark. The second issue is staying power. I dont understand how anyone can wear this without a powder! It transfers on to absolutely everything, appears shiney and settles into my pores. Even with powder it didnt last anywhere near as long as advertised. It does have many positives too; it smells amazing, is quite moisturising if you have dry skin and does give that dewy/glowy look I was going for. I think if you have good skin that doesnt require much coverage, then this would be great. My skin however is quite uneven and both dry and oily in places and this did nothing for me unfortunately!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dandelion1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The Best drugstore foundation I have ever come across so far! I love the finish, the texture and its staying power. This is my go to foundation every morning now.

I have been using this foundation almost every day or every second day for a 2 months now and it hasn't disappoint me a bit.

I have dry/combination skin - mostly dry on normal days and quite an oily nose a week before my period. I have no issue to-date in using this foundation on both of my skin conditions. It blends really well on drier skin, doesn't accentuate dry patches, fine lines or flakes, it goes well on oilier skin too, doesn't make my t-zone any more oily than it is and doesn't oxidize.

I love how the texture is so light and liquidy and blends like a dream with any tool - fingers, sponge or brush. The finish is natural, lightweight, non-sticky and slightly dewy. I don't need to set my face with powder when using this, even on oilier days as i love the healthy skin glow i get from this foundation. I just use tissue to pat my nose once or twice during the day to get rid of excess oil. It is long lasting and my face stays bright and glow healthily at the end of the day. the pump design is hygienic and allows you to control the amount of foundation you want. Usually half a pump is all i need for a sheer, natural everyday look.

It can be sheer to medium coverage and is definitely build-able. It covers redness well too. I have some obvious redness around my nose and on my cheeks. with half a pump of this foundation, my redness is gone. However, if you have some bad acne scars or hyperpigmentation, I don't think this foundation would cover them well.

This foundation is also great for sensitive skin and it smells nice too ~~~ It definitely outbids my old favourite - the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation - by just a bit ~ lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I consider this product my old standby. It just goes with every look, it's not too sheer, not too done-up, definitely not a mask, not too matte and not too dewy.. it's the perfect everything foundation. It looks amazing for an everyday no-makeup look to keep your skin looking fresh and it looks good for a night out to keep your look modern and not cakey and done-up while still giving you a pretty flawless looking complexion. Even on days where I've tried a new face cream or something and gotten massive breakouts, I realized that i looked MUCH better wearing this foundation with some heavy duty concealer only on the areas that needed, rather than slathering on ELDW all over my face. This stuff lets your skin's natural luminosity shine through yet doesn't get too oily. It has a very "natural" finish.

I have three shades:
51 for the dead of winter when I am an NC15
52 for fall/spring when my skin starts seeing the light and I am NC20
53 for summer when I am NC25/NC30

Just a note, there is more of a jump between 52 to 53 (53 is about 1.5-2 shades darker than 52) than there is between 51 and 52 (only one shade difference).

The shades are nicely yellow toned which I LOVE because the only thing pink I will ever put on my face is blush (and even then it will probably be peach!).

Hope that helps anyone who was considering the purchase! It is a great foundation, everything about it is modern.. the packaging, the shades, the finish, the texture!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ellouisemoretti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry, eczema skin and I wanted to try the original Healthy Mix foundation. I heard about the serum version, which is ment to be better for dry skin so i decided to give it a try. It's £10.99 from boots.

COLOUR: I got the shade 51. I have pink undertones and this seems a bit orange on me but after a while it settles down. It's quite dark though.

COVERAGE: it's weird when you first apply it. i put it on and thought this is hardly colored, it's light. but after a second thin layer it seemed medium coverage and looked really nice.

WEAR: not so good. i exfoliate and moisturize well before using it but still it manages to cling to dry patchs, seperate and go orangey. it might be the powder i'm using (collection 2000 sheer loose powder in translucent) which might be whats drying it out.

PRICE: I think it's more of a expensive drugstore foundation but it's more afforable than mac or other high end brands.

I don't think i would repurchase this because of the colour and the way it wears on my skin. I'd recommend it for normal skin rather than dry skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shade #52 Vanilla. This matches my asian skin perfectly. It is also a really light foundation for the hot humid weather in Singapore where the temperatures are on an average of 37.5 degrees celsius. It has a light fruity scent which makes it a delight to put on and very easy to blend. It's so lightweight, you can hardly feel like you're wearing any foundation at all. This does not break me out but it does not control the oilies very well. I have to blot once or twice throughout the day. Also, this product has a semi-matte finishing which I do like because completely matte finishes feels very flat and fake. This really makes your skin look healthy although it's light to medium coverage. It would cover unevenness in your skin tone but it won't hide blemishes/scars well so a concealer is required. In addition, you would need to wear a sunscreen underneath it since this has no spf. But I don't mind that one bit since I've read that sunscreen in your foundations/powders/tinted moisturizer are insufficient and that it's better to apply a separate sunscreen. It isn't very cheap here in (36.90sgd) but there are regular periods where they have a 20% off on these. Another downside may be that there's only 3 shades of this foundation available in singapore and that you can't really tell when you're finishing this product because it's not like the non-serum foundation where it's pushed up so you know exactly how much you have left. I would still recommend trying it out. :)