July 31, 2014 | 1422 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product to the max! The color perfectly suits my skin in ALL kinds of lighting whether it is shade, fluorescent or direct it looks absolutely natural. I bought two different shades for the summer and for the winter because I tend to be lighter during winter. You only need half a dime size to cover the entire face, coverage is light to medium but is buildable. All foundation wether it is sheer or full coverage can have a full coverage when layered, every makeup is buildable. I think it is vital to put translucent powder over this foundation to make it last longer.
This is SUPA HG material right here guys!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic foundation - definitely the best affordable foundation I've tried. It is very light and feels like nothing on the face, yet provides decent coverage and gives skin a very healthy, smooth appearance. I have it in shade 51 Light Vanilla (the lightest) and 52 Vanilla (next up). Strangely, these 2 colors perform differently.
Shade 52 looks dewy (a little; I set it with a light powder) and healthy and never smudges. In fact, it looks very similar to my Koh Gen Do Moisture foundation (but it's much cheaper)!
Shade 51 can look a bit dry on the skin, and after a few hours of wear, it can smudge. I'm not sure why these two shades perform differently.

Both shades match me (I'm between NC 15 and NC 20), but shade 51 is a tad too light and shade 52 is a tad too dark. In summer 52 will be perfect though. Shade 51 is very neutral and doesn't lean pink or yellow. Shade 52 leans a little yellow, which is perfect for me.

I just wish I could buy these in the U.S.! I have to wait to buy them when I go abroad, which is not frequent enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a good foundation, I have number 55, don't remember the name but it matches my skin. Its got a nice texture and smell. Goes on the face smoothly. One thing I didn't like is that fact it takes ages to dry on face, so I have to powder it when if I use my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I wouldn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by dawnonthedeck

I love this foundation!

Im using shade 53 and I find that it glides on smoothly. It also leaves a soft feel to my skin after I applied it.

The foundation does give a healthy glow and has a dewy finish. I did not have to touch up until about 8 hours later.

I have warm undertones and at times I feel that the foundation turns out greyish on me. But I'm not sure if it is also because of the setting powder that I dust on. Also I thought that SGD$35 was a little steep for Bourjois. But I would say it is worth it. The salesperson even told me it will improve my skin's complexion. I've only used it for 3 days and so I can't be a fair judge of that yet.

The fruity smell is just a wonderful bonus to the already great foundation. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a little bit of lovely! I am very fair Mac nw15 and I always have problems finding a foundation that doesn't come off to pink or too yellow. Number 52 in the healthy mix serum is gorgeous. I am finally proud of my fair complexion. This is super easy to apply with fingers, it gives a lovely natural finish and you don't even need powder. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by melaniesenecal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried so many foundations. I have tried expensive ones and cheap ones. This one is in the middle not cheap not expensive and the look is great! Lisa Eldridge use it all the time and I've decided to try it out a couple of months ago and I will for sure repurchase. I'm fair\medium and got #52 and it is perfect. Love the look, dewy finish not oily but defenately not matte. Love it! and love the smell of fruits.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by louvy0401

This is truely amazing and I think it's as good as my other HGs such as Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I use B20) and Christian Dior's Forever (I use 20) . Thank you Makeupalley, I bought this after I read so many people raving about this and I bought the second lightest shade which is 52. The coverage is quite light just like the other two foundations I mentioned - I prefer the natural look at the moment and I can always use concealer and powder if I feel like I need more coverage. A bottle could last quite a while I reckon, unlike Chanel's Vitalumiere, which only lasted me 2 months (I use foundation on a daily basis). For the price - I bought this for £10.99 from Boots, I think this can easily beat my other HG. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good quality foundation for a drug store product. It actually looks amazing on the skin, very dewy and "healthy" (imagine that!). Fairly good coverage, I need concealer underneath but I have a bit of scarring. The only thing is it does not wear that well on my skin in oily spots (t-zone) - at the end of the day it will rub off in those areas. If my skin was a little drier this would probably be a HG every day foundation, because the finish truly is beautiful. I think I like the finish of this gel foundation over the Healthy Mix regular foundation, although I think the regular one might be better suited to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by eelin77

I am in love with this foundation!!
Every time I wear it, my skin looks amazing! No other foundation I've tried even comes close. Before I tried this, the Revlon Colorstay was my HG foundation - light yet with good coverage - just that blending takes a bit of practice. While it gave excellent coverage and staying power, you could still tell that there was makeup on the skin.

With this Bourjois foundation, the texture is so silky that it's so easy to blend, and feels great on the skin - I've used it with fingers, brush, sponge, all work great! Once it sinks in, it looks just like your very own skin, just better. Even when i finish it with powder, I don't look made up at all. I just look like I have radiant skin :) While coverage is not as good as the Revlon Colorstay, you can easily use concealer on top of it. Or in my case, I use Revlon Colorstay foundation as a concealer. With a light dusting of powder, stays on all day, even in the hot and humid weather I'm in.

Oh, by the way, I love using it with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Pressed Powder. Both smell divine and a nice perk in the morning :)

The packaging is a nice slim pump bottle that's easy to dispense. I like that it's plastic - won't break and lightweight. Price is good for the quality, so definitely will re-purchase over and over again. My new HG foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't quite decide if this was a 4 or 5 lippie product, it does have some flaws but I'm still loving it at the moment. It applies beautifully and gives a nice light to medium coverage- I do need to use more concealer than I would with some foundations, but it gives a much more natural look which I definitely prefer for an everyday look! It can be built up to a point but will never be a full coverage foundation. It doesn't accentuate pores or the occasional bit of dry skin, and has a nice semi-matte finish. It doesn't look like a matte mask but I'm not sure I'd say it's particularly dewy either. I set with a powder and do sometimes get a little shiny throughout the day, but this happens to me with pretty much anything, sadly. The colours lean more neutral than some lines- no overpowering pink or yellow undertones- and because the coverage is light to medium the limited shade range will still work for some who can't find an exact match... but the shade range is definitely the weakest point for this foundation. I believe there are only six shades, and they range from fair to medium. If you are very fair or even moderately dark-skinned you'll be out of luck, which I think is a real shame. The packaging is OK- the pump dispenses a good amount of product, and you can easily get a partial pump (unlike some products which are all-or-nothing). The bottle is a rigid plastic and the cap slides on over the pump but does not click into place or have any ridges or bumps to hold it on- I wouldn't feel comfortable just tossing this into a bag, the cap can slide off fairly easily as it is only held in place by friction and the pump does not lock.