December 19, 2014 | 855 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have very acne-prone skin and almost every product makes me break out! So, this foundation have clogged my pores and I got some whiteheads and bumps after using this. Fortunately, I returned it and got my money back.

EDIT2: I decided to give it another try, after a year. I really wanted to love it but unfortunately, it's a fail for me. It leaves my skin soooooo oily, but not in a dewy finish, but yet oily. It's sad because the shade was perfect for me! Never found a shade like the 51 in other brands, fair with a yellow warm tint. I try to wear it with powder, but it does not work. I would not repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by JennaMB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Extremely Impressed! I wear 53 but am considering going to 54 when Summer comes.
This is a fantastic foundation for me, I have NC25 skin, fair olive skin that tans in the summer. I also have combination skin.

For me this foundation was a great buy, the gel texture makes my skin feel moisturised and leaves a healthy appearance as opposed to a caked one. The finish is semi-matte which I believe is the most natural. The foundation is yellow toned similar to the NC MAC foundations, which is rare for chemist brands, the yellow tone is great for me because it picks up the natural tones in my skin and adapts when I get a bit tanned.
Possibly for someone with more pink toned skin this could give a bit of a sallow appearance, but for warmer or yellow toned complexions, I think you'll be impressed with this foundation.

I would say this is a light coverage foundation in terms of trying to cover blemishes and dark under eye circles, it is fantastic at evening out skin tone, don't let the light coverage deter you, I hate feeling naked and usually wear heavy finish foundations like studio fix and photo-ready but this actually improved my skin and I found myself more comfortable with not being so heavily "covered" all the time!

I usually put this foundation on at 9am and finish up at 9pm after both uni and work and it stays in place. I usually will use powder on a day like this, however even without it I have still looked rather fresh.

I feel that using a brush gets the most out of this foundation, although fingers are ok, it seems the brush really "works" the foundation and gets the best finish and coverage.

PRO: doesn't make me break out, not tested on animals, looks natural!
CONS: might not be suited to very oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Bicyclor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great drugstore foundation!! My current favorite, blends flawlessly with a foundation brush but if you wanted to, it does work well with your fingers as well.
Even though the colour selection isn't huge, I did mange to luck out with 52 Vanilla as 51 was a wee bit too pale for me. I like that it has yellow undertones in it, as with other foundations with pink tend to make my face look way too washed out, and seem to pull out the pink undertones in my skin. Not a pleasant contrast, a blushing ghost.
It has a nice scent, doesn't bother my skin but I could do without it.
I have a really oily T zone and then the rest of my face is kinda patchy dry so if I'm at work I'll need to blot my t zone once or twice a day. Not a huge deal.
Really good staying power, I do use a powder overtop which helps. I'd say that I probably get a good 10 hours out of it.
Feels so light on the skin, very fresh look without looking overdone. Price is okay, about $30 at shoppers. I wish you could tell how much was left in the container, doesn't have the visible pump system that the original healthy had which would of been nice.
Not hugely buildable I'd say it has light coverage so a concealor would be necessary for any big blemishes, mild acne scarring it will cover.
I can't believe they don't sell this in more stores, try it if you can!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by greylove31

Having read all the great reviews on Healthy Mix, I decided to give it a try.

I selected the shade by testing it in the store, putting a thick streak of Vanilla down one cheek and the same in Light Beige on the other. Both looked OK in the shop, but then I went to my car and checked in the rear view mirror to see in daylight and the beige one looked orange on me; the vanilla was a good match, so I bought Vanilla.

Well, the colour really is a good match for my light skin with olive undertones. It goes on pretty nicely, it's quite a good foundation, doesn't cause any problems BUT doesn't really give me enough coverage unless I put on quite a lot of it (like, more than one pump) then I feel as though I'm wearing too much make up.

I will use up the bottle I've got but this make up doesn't have enough pigment in it to give the coverage that I need...probably better for people who just want or need a light cover. The finish is good, not too matte, not too shiny and it does stay on pretty well also.

Overall, a reasonably good foundation for the price but it doesn't transform the look of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by JackieOoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this foundation in the colour 52 for 10 months now,and i use it quite often and there's still plenty of it left!!
First of all i love the smell of it,it is just like Healthy Mix's foundation,secondly it gives me a light to medium coverage,enough to cover my redness and my small zits.
It gives a natural finish,not too dewy but not at all matt,it stays on the skin for 8+ hours
BUT if i wear it for more than 8 hours it breaks me out.
i also hate the packaging,i wish it was just like the original's.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by 2010

This is a pretty great foundation. The only problem I have with it is that the colours are (for once) too yellow for my skin so it looks a bit off. However, it covers well, lasts for a decent amount of time and was relatively inexpensive for such a great foundation (I paid ( I think) 10-12 pounds and it sells for $30 in Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by maweaa

I think this product is great overall. The consistency is quite similar to Make Up Forever HD Foundation which I really like. It is almost gel-like, and you don't need a lot to cover your entire face. For me, I only use it in trouble spots (scars, active blemishes, etc.) so I don't even use half a pump a day. I use a brush to apply. The product looks natural and blends well with my skin color even though I don't apply it all over my face. I would say the coverage is about medium.

I have really oily skin; I've kind of come to accept that no matter what foundation I use, I'm going to need a powder and probably touch up at least once a day. This foundation stays on great with powder, but I can't say how it is without as I've never tried.

I also have really sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out! I'm not too sure about it being "healthy" - it IS foundation afterall. But with the majority of make up products breaking me out (both cheap AND expensive!), I am pleased that this one doesn't at all. It also does not irritate any blemishes I have.

I would definitely repurchase; other high end foundations are usually around $50+ and this one is somewhere in the high $20 range. It's hard for me to ever find something that works so well, doesn't break me out AND doesn't cost me a fortune.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I went out a bought this because of all the great reviews. But unfortunately, this foundation did not work for me. When I first applied it, I was like finally a good foundation that's yellow based (I wore #52) but after 30 minutes this foundation turned orange on me! I knew it was too good to be true. On a happier note this foundation smells nice and stays on really well like it claims. Oh well, the search continues....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lwaine

After having read so many positive reviews on this product I really wanted to like it! However, after a month of persevering, its really not for me. The first issue is the colour range. Even upon returning from holiday with a slight tan, the colour was too dark. The second issue is staying power. I dont understand how anyone can wear this without a powder! It transfers on to absolutely everything, appears shiney and settles into my pores. Even with powder it didnt last anywhere near as long as advertised. It does have many positives too; it smells amazing, is quite moisturising if you have dry skin and does give that dewy/glowy look I was going for. I think if you have good skin that doesnt require much coverage, then this would be great. My skin however is quite uneven and both dry and oily in places and this did nothing for me unfortunately!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dandelion1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The Best drugstore foundation I have ever come across so far! I love the finish, the texture and its staying power. This is my go to foundation every morning now.

I have been using this foundation almost every day or every second day for a 2 months now and it hasn't disappoint me a bit.

I have dry/combination skin - mostly dry on normal days and quite an oily nose a week before my period. I have no issue to-date in using this foundation on both of my skin conditions. It blends really well on drier skin, doesn't accentuate dry patches, fine lines or flakes, it goes well on oilier skin too, doesn't make my t-zone any more oily than it is and doesn't oxidize.

I love how the texture is so light and liquidy and blends like a dream with any tool - fingers, sponge or brush. The finish is natural, lightweight, non-sticky and slightly dewy. I don't need to set my face with powder when using this, even on oilier days as i love the healthy skin glow i get from this foundation. I just use tissue to pat my nose once or twice during the day to get rid of excess oil. It is long lasting and my face stays bright and glow healthily at the end of the day. the pump design is hygienic and allows you to control the amount of foundation you want. Usually half a pump is all i need for a sheer, natural everyday look.

It can be sheer to medium coverage and is definitely build-able. It covers redness well too. I have some obvious redness around my nose and on my cheeks. with half a pump of this foundation, my redness is gone. However, if you have some bad acne scars or hyperpigmentation, I don't think this foundation would cover them well.

This foundation is also great for sensitive skin and it smells nice too ~~~ It definitely outbids my old favourite - the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation - by just a bit ~ lol