Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

nn

on 9/8/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Im glad that everyone is loving this. I bought this when it was fairly a new product and I have been on a review rampage so I'm going to do my review now. I was VERY excited to get my hands on this and felt I absolutely needed it!! I thought it would clean my pores and prevent acne from forming and my face would be flawless. I was surprised to see how flimsy the brush was and on low setting it was so slow it seemed like the batteries were low and barely did anything. I used to free sample of olay cleanser to use with it even though I know I break out easily I wanted to get the full experience to get the best results. Well, I ended up getting some new breakouts from the cleanser I thought o.k. no big deal I will rub my panoxyl bar or dove sensitive skin on the brush so I wont get any more new pop ups with acne. Well, I ended up getting more acne and even on my forehead and I NEVER get acne on my forehead. It turns out the brush head is to abrasive,scratchy,and irritating for my skin and the irritation CAUSED ACNE. I kept it for a few more weeks and thought clearly I could find some use for this cool gadget but then realized I cant use it for anything so I returned it. Happy ending my face is back to normal now

on 8/31/2011 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG. Done. I have battled dry skin, uneven tone, clogged pores, and acne ever since I've been a teenager. I've tries every product known to man. Drug store and prescription. I've tried creams, masks, toners, scrubs, gels... You name it, I've used it. Never in a million years would I have thought all my problems were a result of my skin not sloughing off properly? I had never even heard of that until I looked up this product. I've been using this for a few weeks now and my skin has never looked better. I use it every single night. I personally don't use the scrub it came with. I use my HG Dove soap. You can use whatever your favorite wash is. Dove was keeping acne under control but I still had clogged pores which led to infected pores on occasion and large gaping holes in my face that took weeks to go away. When I use this scrubber with Dove it completely gets rid of all the dead skin cells. Using it daily may be too abrasive for some but my skin needs it or else it clogs up by the very next day. My skin looks flawless. The clogs on my cheeks are gone, same with nose and chin. Even when I do get some they are easily extracted. My face did a complete 180. It looks radiant, fresh, Dewey, healthy. Before it was dull, extremely dry, some hyperpigmentation, bad clogs, acne. I cannot believe that all it took for my skin to clear was to just ensure the dead skin was coming off. I will never NOT use this. I actually find it fun too! Absolutely love it. Never have used the other brand that's hundreds but why would I when this works like a miracle?!

on 8/31/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

pretty much everything i want to say has been said- this does a great job of exfoliating for me without being too harsh, gets my skin really clean, and allows my products to penetrate better. i've been using this for 3 months and definitely notice my skin looking clearer- i also notice a change for a the worse if i get lazy for a few days and don't include this as part of my routine! this was a splurge for me with my limited budget but i'm SO glad i did it.

on 8/24/2011 11:47:00 AM

I have only used this for 3 days, but I already like the results so much I wanted to add a review of my experience so far.

First off I need to explain why I purchased this. I use The Regimen from Acne.org which requires the use of a lot of product and uses BP which dries out the skin while it's adjusting to the products. The cleanser on The Regimen is very mild and there is no exfoliation except an AHA lotion, which doesn't help with getting all the product off. As a result I had a lot of build up on my skin. However, one of the keys to The Regimen is to be very gentle and avoid irritation, so I didn't run out and buy any kind of scrubbing exfoliation product. I needed something really gentle, but very effective.

I happened upon the Olay Pro-X when I was browsing in the store, and based on the reviews here on MA I picked it up. It cost me about $30. I am very glad I bought it! It does exactly what I need. Here are my results after 3 days:

1) Smoother, softer skin
2) Better overall evenness in complexion with less redness and brighter skin.
3) No product build up or dry skin. My face feels so clean!
4) Redness from old blemishes fading faster
4) Products now absorb into my skin much better than before.
5) Blackheads are smaller and less noticeable.
6) My skin has a slight "glow" after cleansing with the Pro-X, which is a difficult thing for me to achieve!

The only cons I have are:
1) Battery powered. I prefer something rechargeable, but this is a personal preference and it's not a huge deal.
2) No instruction packet. There were brief instructions on the box, but not the usual packet with safety information, battery replacement instructions, etc. It's easy enough to use so this is not a big con in my opinion, but I can see how it might bother others.

Also, a few things of note:

Some have said they don't like the small brush head. I actually really like the size of the brush because I feel that it makes it much easier to get into every nook and cranny than a large brush. Places like the creases on the side of my nose or the small temple area are easy to get to. I think a larger brush would be more difficult.

Some have also said the battery casing is difficult to get off. While it's not the easiest battery case in the world it wasn't so difficult for me that I thought much about it when writing this review. I only thought of it because others had mentioned it.

I have not had any redness or irritation from using the Pro-X so far and to me the brush feels very gentle. I actually really like the way it feels. It's almost like a little massage for my face.

Overall I really love this product so far and plan to continue to use it!

**UPDATE**
I've been using this for a few months now and it's still going strong! The batteries last a long time. I am really happy I got it because my skin is so clean every time I use it (morning and night) and my products work better. I don't even need to exfoliate my face anymore. Well worth the $30! I can see anyone using this, even if they don't feel they get a lot of product buildup. Just use it once a day or a few times a week instead of twice a day like I do. This is one of my top beauty products that I suggest to others!

on 8/22/2011 9:01:00 AM

This is AMAZING. Keeps my skin exfoliated and makes my products sink in better. My skin is so smooth and I have had so many compliments on how smooth my skin looks. I love this brush! I also bought the ddf brush and it is exactly the same the brush attachment and the doohicky lol. Although the ddf comes with the foam brush and microderm crystals too.

on 8/16/2011 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for a good two weeks and it has definitely helps clear out my acne.

I wear long wearing foundation (estee lauder double wear) and this makes sure my pores are clean. I usually clean my face with olive oil, then loreal 360 cleanser, then make up wipe to get all my eye makeup off and any traces.

well when i added this to the routine, my skin started clearing up noticeably. it isn't supposed to feel like file paper on your skin. i could see traces of makeup on the brush too that i didn't see with the wipe.

when you wear long wearing foundations it's important to make sure every trace is off.

i would buy this again for sure. the only thing i wish this had was a faster speed!

on 8/15/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not quite sure what all the hype is about...Maybe I wasn't pressing the brush deeply enough into my face but I felt like it did absolutely nothing. I used it with dermalogica's special cleanser and felt no difference in my skin. I have pale, sensitive skin that is often clogged in the t-zone and I was looking for something to help with that. I thought that this product would do the trick but it seems like I get better results from dermalogica's microfoliant

on 8/11/2011 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this brush. I'd been reading about the Clarisonic, but I refuse to spend that much money. I haven't tried any other facial brush to compare it to, but I think this works wonderfully. I use long-wear foundation (and I probably wear way too much of it). Trying to get Revlon Colorstay off at the end of the night is kind of a hassle, but since I've been using this brush I know every little trace of it is washed away.

This brush makes my skin feel very soft and thoroughly clean. I feel this product, in conjunction with some other products I've started using, has contributed to my improved skin. My face doesn't look dull anymore, and I haven't had a massive break out in quite a while!

All of the directions are on the box, including how to open the battery compartment, so I don't understand all of the confusion surrounding this or the people complaining that there are no instructions. I think I bought mine in early May, and I still haven't had to change the batteries.

on 8/4/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My 50+ year old skin was showing its age! I had a facial at the LaCosta spa, where they used and recommended that I purchase a Clarisonic. Instead I bought an Olay ProX, which I think works just as well. I love what it does for my skin - cleans and brightens (oh yes, softens as well if one uses Regenerist MicroSculpting moisturizer afterwards). One of the few "true" bargains that exists in skincare products!

Great Clarsonic alternative in my opinion! Now that I have a Clairsonic, I can give a fair comparison.
Olay:
- great cost efficient alternative.
- rotating not oscillating brush
- only one type of brush head
- gets your face cleaner than normal cleansing with hands/washcloth
- played an essential role in clearing my skin drastically! My skin is combo, prone to clogged pores and moderate acne.

I used it 2x a day. At night I removed my makeup with Garnier Cleansing toilettes & use St. Ives Apricot Cleanser. After waiting 10 minutes or so for my skin to dry I then follow with Dermadoctor Poetry in Lotion. It seems to sink into my skin much more efficiently then without cleansing with the brush! If you find that it isn't working as "efficiantly"' just change the batteries (or recharge them if you get the rechargeable kind' I change my batteries about 1x a month) It is worth the $30 for sure. Major notable changes in my skin:
- less noticeable pores/ fine lines
- smoother makeup application (and I use less!)
- blemishes ( the very very few that form) are gone pretty much in a day
- a more radiant healthy glow

I did break down and buy a Clairsonic Mia a few months later and I feel it is a bit more through bc of the oscillating brush and choice of different brush heads. But Overall, Olay is a great alternative and did make my skin better than just regular cleansing.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools