January 30, 2015 | 2030 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

pretty much everything i want to say has been said- this does a great job of exfoliating for me without being too harsh, gets my skin really clean, and allows my products to penetrate better. i've been using this for 3 months and definitely notice my skin looking clearer- i also notice a change for a the worse if i get lazy for a few days and don't include this as part of my routine! this was a splurge for me with my limited budget but i'm SO glad i did it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Metamorpha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have only used this for 3 days, but I already like the results so much I wanted to add a review of my experience so far.

First off I need to explain why I purchased this. I use The Regimen from Acne.org which requires the use of a lot of product and uses BP which dries out the skin while it's adjusting to the products. The cleanser on The Regimen is very mild and there is no exfoliation except an AHA lotion, which doesn't help with getting all the product off. As a result I had a lot of build up on my skin. However, one of the keys to The Regimen is to be very gentle and avoid irritation, so I didn't run out and buy any kind of scrubbing exfoliation product. I needed something really gentle, but very effective.

I happened upon the Olay Pro-X when I was browsing in the store, and based on the reviews here on MA I picked it up. It cost me about $30. I am very glad I bought it! It does exactly what I need. Here are my results after 3 days:

1) Smoother, softer skin
2) Better overall evenness in complexion with less redness and brighter skin.
3) No product build up or dry skin. My face feels so clean!
4) Redness from old blemishes fading faster
4) Products now absorb into my skin much better than before.
5) Blackheads are smaller and less noticeable.
6) My skin has a slight "glow" after cleansing with the Pro-X, which is a difficult thing for me to achieve!

The only cons I have are:
1) Battery powered. I prefer something rechargeable, but this is a personal preference and it's not a huge deal.
2) No instruction packet. There were brief instructions on the box, but not the usual packet with safety information, battery replacement instructions, etc. It's easy enough to use so this is not a big con in my opinion, but I can see how it might bother others.

Also, a few things of note:

Some have said they don't like the small brush head. I actually really like the size of the brush because I feel that it makes it much easier to get into every nook and cranny than a large brush. Places like the creases on the side of my nose or the small temple area are easy to get to. I think a larger brush would be more difficult.

Some have also said the battery casing is difficult to get off. While it's not the easiest battery case in the world it wasn't so difficult for me that I thought much about it when writing this review. I only thought of it because others had mentioned it.

I have not had any redness or irritation from using the Pro-X so far and to me the brush feels very gentle. I actually really like the way it feels. It's almost like a little massage for my face.

Overall I really love this product so far and plan to continue to use it!

**UPDATE**
I've been using this for a few months now and it's still going strong! The batteries last a long time. I am really happy I got it because my skin is so clean every time I use it (morning and night) and my products work better. I don't even need to exfoliate my face anymore. Well worth the $30! I can see anyone using this, even if they don't feel they get a lot of product buildup. Just use it once a day or a few times a week instead of twice a day like I do. This is one of my top beauty products that I suggest to others!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is AMAZING. Keeps my skin exfoliated and makes my products sink in better. My skin is so smooth and I have had so many compliments on how smooth my skin looks. I love this brush! I also bought the ddf brush and it is exactly the same the brush attachment and the doohicky lol. Although the ddf comes with the foam brush and microderm crystals too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by lesliexyang

I have been using this for a good two weeks and it has definitely helps clear out my acne.

I wear long wearing foundation (estee lauder double wear) and this makes sure my pores are clean. I usually clean my face with olive oil, then loreal 360 cleanser, then make up wipe to get all my eye makeup off and any traces.

well when i added this to the routine, my skin started clearing up noticeably. it isn't supposed to feel like file paper on your skin. i could see traces of makeup on the brush too that i didn't see with the wipe.

when you wear long wearing foundations it's important to make sure every trace is off.

i would buy this again for sure. the only thing i wish this had was a faster speed!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by juneexd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not quite sure what all the hype is about...Maybe I wasn't pressing the brush deeply enough into my face but I felt like it did absolutely nothing. I used it with dermalogica's special cleanser and felt no difference in my skin. I have pale, sensitive skin that is often clogged in the t-zone and I was looking for something to help with that. I thought that this product would do the trick but it seems like I get better results from dermalogica's microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by xheni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I'd been reading about the Clarisonic, but I refuse to spend that much money. I haven't tried any other facial brush to compare it to, but I think this works wonderfully. I use long-wear foundation (and I probably wear way too much of it). Trying to get Revlon Colorstay off at the end of the night is kind of a hassle, but since I've been using this brush I know every little trace of it is washed away.

This brush makes my skin feel very soft and thoroughly clean. I feel this product, in conjunction with some other products I've started using, has contributed to my improved skin. My face doesn't look dull anymore, and I haven't had a massive break out in quite a while!

All of the directions are on the box, including how to open the battery compartment, so I don't understand all of the confusion surrounding this or the people complaining that there are no instructions. I think I bought mine in early May, and I still haven't had to change the batteries.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by coopmill

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My 50+ year old skin was showing its age! I had a facial at the LaCosta spa, where they used and recommended that I purchase a Clarisonic. Instead I bought an Olay ProX, which I think works just as well. I love what it does for my skin - cleans and brightens (oh yes, softens as well if one uses Regenerist MicroSculpting moisturizer afterwards). One of the few "true" bargains that exists in skincare products!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Great Clarsonic alternative in my opinion! Now that I have a Clairsonic, I can give a fair comparison.
Olay:
- great cost efficient alternative.
- rotating not oscillating brush
- only one type of brush head
- gets your face cleaner than normal cleansing with hands/washcloth
- played an essential role in clearing my skin drastically! My skin is combo, prone to clogged pores and moderate acne.

I used it 2x a day. At night I removed my makeup with Garnier Cleansing toilettes & use St. Ives Apricot Cleanser. After waiting 10 minutes or so for my skin to dry I then follow with Dermadoctor Poetry in Lotion. It seems to sink into my skin much more efficiently then without cleansing with the brush! If you find that it isn't working as "efficiantly"' just change the batteries (or recharge them if you get the rechargeable kind' I change my batteries about 1x a month) It is worth the $30 for sure. Major notable changes in my skin:
- less noticeable pores/ fine lines
- smoother makeup application (and I use less!)
- blemishes ( the very very few that form) are gone pretty much in a day
- a more radiant healthy glow

I did break down and buy a Clairsonic Mia a few months later and I feel it is a bit more through bc of the oscillating brush and choice of different brush heads. But Overall, Olay is a great alternative and did make my skin better than just regular cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by kenoki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this little brush! Less work than a manual cleansing brush (been using Shiseido's for decades) and more effective. I haven't tried the Clarisonic, and don't plan to since this is so nifty. Requires batteries (have lasted two weeks so far, no problem), two speeds and the little motor is strong enough that it doesn't slow down on contact. The brush may be a little aggressive for very sensitive skin, though. I've been using it every other day with my own cleanser (Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel) and it's been fantastic. Seems like a foaming cleanser + the brush could be too much on the regular. But with a gentle cleanser (e.g. Cetaphil or the Enzyme gel), muh face flakes are significantly reduced and no irritation from the bristles. A++!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by xxcookii

so far i LOVE this product ! It exfoliates really well and i have really dry skin so my skin does flake if i dont exfoliate ): ! I personally dont use the sample cleanser that came along with it because i find it to be too harsh on the skin so i use my suki cleanser with this and MAN does it work wonders ! My skin feels SO much smoother. I own a clarisonic Mia and i have to say i prefer using this over the mia because it actually exfoliates ! The mia just vibrates on the spot ....i didnt like the mia because the bristles hurt my face even when i was using the sensitive brush.... Anyways overall i really like this product !