October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by kenoki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this little brush! Less work than a manual cleansing brush (been using Shiseido's for decades) and more effective. I haven't tried the Clarisonic, and don't plan to since this is so nifty. Requires batteries (have lasted two weeks so far, no problem), two speeds and the little motor is strong enough that it doesn't slow down on contact. The brush may be a little aggressive for very sensitive skin, though. I've been using it every other day with my own cleanser (Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel) and it's been fantastic. Seems like a foaming cleanser + the brush could be too much on the regular. But with a gentle cleanser (e.g. Cetaphil or the Enzyme gel), muh face flakes are significantly reduced and no irritation from the bristles. A++!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by xxcookii

so far i LOVE this product ! It exfoliates really well and i have really dry skin so my skin does flake if i dont exfoliate ): ! I personally dont use the sample cleanser that came along with it because i find it to be too harsh on the skin so i use my suki cleanser with this and MAN does it work wonders ! My skin feels SO much smoother. I own a clarisonic Mia and i have to say i prefer using this over the mia because it actually exfoliates ! The mia just vibrates on the spot ....i didnt like the mia because the bristles hurt my face even when i was using the sensitive brush.... Anyways overall i really like this product !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't....stop...... exfoliating...... Man, this little doohickey is a gift from the drugstore skincare gods..... Now, I have never tried the Clarisonic... but have heard all the hype about that thingamajig...and I still haven't caved in to snatch one up.... largely in part to this wonderful gadget. Yes, Olay's version comes in at a frugal $30 at Tar-jay... but it packs a punch. Why on Earth was I walking around with all that dead flaky skin for so long???? After one use, my skin was glowing and smooth as a baby's you know what. My skin can be sensitive and the bristles on the brush felt gentle enough. The real test came when I applied my Pro Longwear Foundation the next morning. Prior to my exfoliating w/said gadget... my foundation was a patchy, flaky mess! After using it, my foundation went on buttery smooth and my skin looked absolutely flawless. Product of the year for me!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by cyndinurse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been contemplating getting the Clarisonic system but after seeing the reviews here I went ahead and bought the Olay one. GET IT! $30 at CVS and came with microbeady cleanser and the required batteries. Between using this for the past 3 weeks (just at night after fully washing my face first) and then applying 3 drops of Rosehip oil from Trilogy (also a highly recommended MUA product) applied on damp skin afterward my skin is WOW. My wrinkles on my forehead are going buh-bye. Skin glows and milia around nose GONE.
Cleaning the skin with this brush allows your products to do what they need to. I know many recommend just using a washcloth for exfoliating/deeper cleaning but even though my skin is really pretty normal, the washcloth was too abrasive for me. I find the Olay brush to be just right. The battery cover was hard to snap off but I do prefer that over charging. Easy for travelling and brush slips on and off easily and has two speeds to use. Would re-purchase but hopefully will not ever need to!!! Oh and forgot to mention my pores are non existent- Really love this....

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for only 3 days and I can already feel the difference! I love the brush because it exfoliates without being harsh. the small cleanser it comes with is also great. I will buy the regular size as soon as I finish the free one. My face has never felt this clean and soft! It gets rid of heavy foundation as well as dead skin cells sitting on my face. Right after I use this, I slather on my moisturizer. I think my skin absorbs it 10 times better. I feel like I'm getting a facial right at my very own home. Definitely worth the $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this for less than a week and I can see that it is already helping my skin. For about 6 months my pores have become super clogged. This is the first time I ever had that problem and I tried a few cleansers that did not work. Even went to my doctor to get dermabrasion but I'll be waiting forever until that gets authorized by my insurance. I was desperate to try something now! I read the reviews on this site before making my purchase. Clairsonic is currently not in my budget. I can already see that my skin is improving and it also makes extracting the clogged pores, easier! I use it twice a day with my Origins Zero Oil cleanser. I can't say that it is making my pores smaller but it is helping clear up the clogged ones. I may do another review when I have had a chance to use this for a month to see true results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by katie6411

LOVE THIS! Works great! Really feel a deep clean! Easy to use. Great in or out of the shower.

Why pay $200 for other brushes when this works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by edivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i like this a lot. removes all the dead skin from the surface of your face. i considered buying the clarisonic and decided to give this a try first. i'm glad i did ! gives a great exfoliation. makes your skin feel baby soft !!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sunlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, let me say that I do like this product: I feel that it works well and did improve the texture of my skin. That being said, I would also like to say that you really can get pretty much the same results with a regular facial cleaning brush that you can buy at Sally's or probably even like Walgreens or something. I really liked this product when I first bought it because it definitely helped to improve my skin texture. I noticed my pores looked smaller; I guess because my skin was being cleansed more deeply. I did feel, however, that the brush lacked a little power, so I had to make up for it manually. I began to become a bit discouraged with my purchase after the batteries died, and I started having to just manually scrub alone. The results are pretty much the same, so I realized that I wasted, like, $23 when I could have bought a $2 facial brush from Sally's or something. So yes, this product is helpful, but in the end, I would not recommend it.

Okay, EDIT: After finally buying some new batteries, I realized that it actually does work much better with the extra power behind it. My skin is smoother and the pores are smaller.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this brush! I bought it a couple days after my birthday in April and I've been using it it twice a day since and i love it. It helps my products work better and makes my face feel cleaner. Recently I was thinking it lost its magic but I decided to put in new batteries and OMG I fell back in love! Turns out the batteries were wearing out and it was going slower but because I use it everyday I didn't notice. But now I will buy the rechargable ones and recharge them constantly. This products has really helped my skin and makes it more glowy :)<3

EDIT: So I did liek this product at first but then I got the Clarisonic Mia 2 on chirstmas of 2011 and fell in lve with it. It cleans better and makes my skin feel very smooth. I believe it is the sonic, oscillating technology. The Olay brush just spins in one direction.