Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

on 9/17/2011 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skintype: Very sensitive, mild rosacea, thin skin with broken capillaries. Combination.

I used to use this everyday and it gave me such smooth, soft skin... but then my rosacea flared up badly and I was told I shouldn't use face brushes if I have rosacea. Instead, now I use Avene Eluage daily to exfoliate and only use this Pro X brush once a week, and this works very nicely for me. As long as I'm being gentle with my skin (don't press too hard and just skate lightly across my skin with the brush), my skin can tolerate it fine. I use Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser with the brush.

I really like it... just placed an order for two replacement brush heads. :)

on 9/17/2011 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is just okay for me. It cleans my face, but nothing amazing is going on. My skin does not look any different after using it for a month than it did before I bought it.

on 9/16/2011 11:48:00 PM

Feels great. My skin feels polished and fresh after I use this.

on 9/16/2011 10:27:00 PM

HG Item. I am in love. I was saving up my money to buy a Clarisonic Mia. I heard so many great things about using a brush in your face routine. I was so impatient, that I was about to buy a brush online, but eventually remembered the Olay Cleaning System. The FIRST time I used it: it was nice. Simply put, I thought it did a good job cleaning my face but I wasn't super stoked about it. But I kept using it since facial products usually don't show signs of effects until a few uses. 4 days later, I was told by my male coworker "Your face looks different. it's like....one color. and you dont have as much acne". That was supposedly a compliment. It only got better from there.

What It Did For Me: cleared up my terrible chin acne that never goes away, diminished some of the scars, helped with my facial color complexion, made my skin SO SOFT. ALSO: I have terrible blackhead problems. Do I have them anymore? NOPE.

I absolutely absoluuuutely recommend this product and once this one dies I will rebuy! The brush is well made, and the brush is super soft and not itchy/scratchy at all. the quality is great. I feel that most people giving bad reviews for this product, possibly got a bad brush, there is absolutely no way this brush is slow, scratchy, chintzy whatsoever.

ALSO!!!: I think that a lot of people have issues with the brush and break out because of the product they use with it. Using an exfoliating brush will bring your face product deeper into your skin, so try using something that's not heavy with perfumes/chemicals. I have been using Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser. It smells very dainty and has been working amazing for me!

on 9/10/2011 9:30:00 PM

This is a great brush. I have been using it for a few months and really like it. I had the Claisonic, but it was too abrasive and broke me out, but my Olay brush has never caused any problems. It does a great job of exfoliating and cleaning my skin, and it's so affordable!

on 9/8/2011 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't seen anything dramatic, but I do like having my skin perfectly exfoliated everyday. My skin is smooth and soft, haven't seen great reduction or worsening of my mild acne issues. 20 years old, fairly resistant skin. My mother experienced some slight reddening when she first used it, but I've used it nightly for about 2 months full-speed no issue. I disinfect about once a week by swirling in rubbing alcohol (pour some in a bowl, soak the brush a little, then let it spin a bit).

on 9/8/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Im glad that everyone is loving this. I bought this when it was fairly a new product and I have been on a review rampage so I'm going to do my review now. I was VERY excited to get my hands on this and felt I absolutely needed it!! I thought it would clean my pores and prevent acne from forming and my face would be flawless. I was surprised to see how flimsy the brush was and on low setting it was so slow it seemed like the batteries were low and barely did anything. I used to free sample of olay cleanser to use with it even though I know I break out easily I wanted to get the full experience to get the best results. Well, I ended up getting some new breakouts from the cleanser I thought o.k. no big deal I will rub my panoxyl bar or dove sensitive skin on the brush so I wont get any more new pop ups with acne. Well, I ended up getting more acne and even on my forehead and I NEVER get acne on my forehead. It turns out the brush head is to abrasive,scratchy,and irritating for my skin and the irritation CAUSED ACNE. I kept it for a few more weeks and thought clearly I could find some use for this cool gadget but then realized I cant use it for anything so I returned it. Happy ending my face is back to normal now

on 8/31/2011 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG. Done. I have battled dry skin, uneven tone, clogged pores, and acne ever since I've been a teenager. I've tries every product known to man. Drug store and prescription. I've tried creams, masks, toners, scrubs, gels... You name it, I've used it. Never in a million years would I have thought all my problems were a result of my skin not sloughing off properly? I had never even heard of that until I looked up this product. I've been using this for a few weeks now and my skin has never looked better. I use it every single night. I personally don't use the scrub it came with. I use my HG Dove soap. You can use whatever your favorite wash is. Dove was keeping acne under control but I still had clogged pores which led to infected pores on occasion and large gaping holes in my face that took weeks to go away. When I use this scrubber with Dove it completely gets rid of all the dead skin cells. Using it daily may be too abrasive for some but my skin needs it or else it clogs up by the very next day. My skin looks flawless. The clogs on my cheeks are gone, same with nose and chin. Even when I do get some they are easily extracted. My face did a complete 180. It looks radiant, fresh, Dewey, healthy. Before it was dull, extremely dry, some hyperpigmentation, bad clogs, acne. I cannot believe that all it took for my skin to clear was to just ensure the dead skin was coming off. I will never NOT use this. I actually find it fun too! Absolutely love it. Never have used the other brand that's hundreds but why would I when this works like a miracle?!

on 8/31/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

pretty much everything i want to say has been said- this does a great job of exfoliating for me without being too harsh, gets my skin really clean, and allows my products to penetrate better. i've been using this for 3 months and definitely notice my skin looking clearer- i also notice a change for a the worse if i get lazy for a few days and don't include this as part of my routine! this was a splurge for me with my limited budget but i'm SO glad i did it.

on 8/24/2011 11:47:00 AM

I have only used this for 3 days, but I already like the results so much I wanted to add a review of my experience so far.

First off I need to explain why I purchased this. I use The Regimen from Acne.org which requires the use of a lot of product and uses BP which dries out the skin while it's adjusting to the products. The cleanser on The Regimen is very mild and there is no exfoliation except an AHA lotion, which doesn't help with getting all the product off. As a result I had a lot of build up on my skin. However, one of the keys to The Regimen is to be very gentle and avoid irritation, so I didn't run out and buy any kind of scrubbing exfoliation product. I needed something really gentle, but very effective.

I happened upon the Olay Pro-X when I was browsing in the store, and based on the reviews here on MA I picked it up. It cost me about $30. I am very glad I bought it! It does exactly what I need. Here are my results after 3 days:

1) Smoother, softer skin
2) Better overall evenness in complexion with less redness and brighter skin.
3) No product build up or dry skin. My face feels so clean!
4) Redness from old blemishes fading faster
4) Products now absorb into my skin much better than before.
5) Blackheads are smaller and less noticeable.
6) My skin has a slight "glow" after cleansing with the Pro-X, which is a difficult thing for me to achieve!

The only cons I have are:
1) Battery powered. I prefer something rechargeable, but this is a personal preference and it's not a huge deal.
2) No instruction packet. There were brief instructions on the box, but not the usual packet with safety information, battery replacement instructions, etc. It's easy enough to use so this is not a big con in my opinion, but I can see how it might bother others.

Also, a few things of note:

Some have said they don't like the small brush head. I actually really like the size of the brush because I feel that it makes it much easier to get into every nook and cranny than a large brush. Places like the creases on the side of my nose or the small temple area are easy to get to. I think a larger brush would be more difficult.

Some have also said the battery casing is difficult to get off. While it's not the easiest battery case in the world it wasn't so difficult for me that I thought much about it when writing this review. I only thought of it because others had mentioned it.

I have not had any redness or irritation from using the Pro-X so far and to me the brush feels very gentle. I actually really like the way it feels. It's almost like a little massage for my face.

Overall I really love this product so far and plan to continue to use it!

I've been using this for a few months now and it's still going strong! The batteries last a long time. I am really happy I got it because my skin is so clean every time I use it (morning and night) and my products work better. I don't even need to exfoliate my face anymore. Well worth the $30! I can see anyone using this, even if they don't feel they get a lot of product buildup. Just use it once a day or a few times a week instead of twice a day like I do. This is one of my top beauty products that I suggest to others!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools