July 24, 2014 | 1945 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like!!! As a 33 year old woman, I was pretty horrified when I started developing cystic acne on my cheekbones out of nowhere - I'd always had pretty good skin. I cleaned my makeup brushes, replaced my blush and bronzer...nothing...still breakouts. So, I started looking into purchasing a skin brush, as I'd heard that they help with a host of skin problems. I NEARLY pulled the trigger on the Clarisonic Mia, but then read reviews about this Olay brush, and decided I'd rather spend $30 to see if it did anything first before I spent the $150. SO glad I did. My cystic acne was almost COMPLETELY gone by the end of my first week of using this brush. Clogged pores on my nose look much better, and my skin is generally just less oily and much smoother and even-looking than it was before. I now also use it on my neck, chest and shoulders.
I haven't tried it with the cleanser it came with, as I am a die-hard Dermalogica girl and so I use it with the Special Cleansing Gel.
One thing I noticed is that after a few days of using this brush in the mornings, my skin felt a little sore. I went back to the store and looked but it seems they only sell one type of replacement brush head. So, I have been using it every 2-3 days instead now, which has taken care of the sore skin problem. I use it for 20 sec per area of the face, much like the Clarisonic. Seems to work great! No problems with battery life or performance at this time....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Jaded11885

AMAZING PRODUCT! I've heard tons of things about the clarsonic but that damn thing is expensive! I found this little gem at target for a fraction of the price! I use it once a week, the bristles are nice and soft so I don't over scrub. It's helped my skin immensely! Pretty sturdy so I don't think I'll have to repurchase anytime soon but I would in a heart beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by jmshimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would you believe that I favor this over the Clarisonic Mia? I can't believe it either. I've used the Pretika, Clarisonic Mia & now this Pro-x Facial Cleansing brush. The Pretika was too harsh. Turns out the Clarisonic was too harsh as well. I gave up on the idea of using a cleansing brush for awhile thinking that it was just too abrasive for my skin.

Eventually I gave in and succumbed to this! I've been using it for 2 months now about 3x a week and my face has been improving. No odd bumps or rashy skin like I was getting w/ the Pretika & Clarisonic. In my case I'm thinking that my skin doesnt like the sonic vibrations of the Pretika and Clarisonic. The Olay simply spins around and has 2 speed settings. As sensitive as my skin is I have been able to use the faster speed and so far so good. My complexion is softer & glowier looking. So you really dont need to shell out a lot of dough for a good quality facial cleansing brush. However the downfall w/ this brush is having to replace batteries every now & then where w/ the Pretika & Clarisonic it's rechargeable. Also w/ the Olay it can get a little messy when the brush is spinning as far as splashing water around, but this is very minor. You cant pick it up by the brush head otherwise it'll detach itself; yup I've dropped mine a few times; no biggie though.

Overall I love this product and I am amazed how effective it has been on my skin without causing any irritation. Most importantly it's affordable! Picked mine up for about $30 at Walmart; as opposed to the $150 I spent on the Clarisonic! I know ppl will say the Clarisonic may be worth it in the long run cuz you dont spend money on replacing batteries. I say you find what works for you & stick w/ it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If there was a "HELL YES!!!!!!!" option for if I'd buy this again, I'd pick it. Hands down. This is the number one contributing factor to clearing my acne scars. I was going to wait at least a month until writing a review on this but honestly... I can't wait. The only weird thing is when I switch from the slower speed to the faster one (SOMETIMES) it stops for a split second then changes. I love this brush to the next galaxy & back & then to heaven & back again because that's where this brush has blown me away to. I bought this on Sunday night. Used it that night, then every morning & night since then. It is now Thursday night, & I am not kidding when I say that my acne scars are 95% gone. I saw results immediately but they were most noticeable by Tuesday. & I didn't have light acne scarring. I had it ALLLLLL over both of my cheeks, & it made me look like a pizza face because it looked like I still had acne. It is almost gone. I'm not lying, cross my heart hope to die stick a zillion needles in my eye if I was. I woke up today, looked in the mirror & cried at the sight of my face. It's never been so clear since I was in 4th grade. I'm now a recent graduate of high school. Thank you Olay for this heaven sent product that I didn't have to spend $200 on.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by afranklin23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!! The Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System is really great and does exactly what it's supposed to. It's great at exfoliating, easy to operate, and it feels ammmaazing on the skin! At $30 including a small cleanser, this is a great deal to me, especially since its major competitor, the Clarisonic is priced around $200! In my opinion, the Pro-X cleansing tool is better than the Clarisonic, because it spins in complete circles, where the Clarisonic only shimmies back and forth. I use it every single night, it takes off all of my makeup, and has never broken me out. Feels great, and leaves skin smooth and soft. I have to say though the cleanser it comes with isn't that special to me. I choose to use other cleansers. This is a great product though, I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants great skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had always heard people raving about these gadgets, whether the Clarisonic or whatever, but I never saw the point. Then I went in to get a facial and they used the Clarisonic on me, and it was amazing. I couldn't justify buying the Clarisonic, so I decided to give this a try. Let me just tell you, it is pretty freaking great. I had problem skin my whole life with a lot of left over bumps and scarring, and it's already faded in the few weeks I've been using this. I have actually gotten compliments on how good my skin looks and that NEVER happens. I have tried a variety of cleansers with it, and they all work well. I use a cleansing oil prior to using this and there is nothing on the cotton pad when I use my toner. This does make me want to try the Clarisonic, but for the time being, I am very content.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by tiniree

I purchased this two weeks ago and love it! My 46 y/o skin was starting to really look older (ie: dull, dry patches, larger pores, etc.) and because of this I was having a hard time finding a really good foundation.

On the day I bought this, I was actually trying to find a foundation that would look good and do what it said.....make my skin look younger. The lady at Walgreen's very politely said that I really needed to get my skin in better shape first or I wouldn't be happy with any foundation.

She suggested exfoliating and moisturizing. I have never been good at keeping this up. My skin can be somewhat sensitive to harsh scrubs, etc. and I was leery about using one.

When I saw this I remembered I had something similar when I was a teenager and I loved using it. Now I do know that if you overdo it, your skin will react. So I wanted to make sure this product didn't act like sandpaper.

I am two weeks into using this product twice a day (yes TWICE a day) on low and without putting a lot of pressure on the brush against my face. I use the cleanser sample it came with and really like it. I have also started making sure I apply a moisturizer after each use (I have gone back to basics and am using the Original Oil of Olay at night and the one with SPF for day).

I am happy to say that my skin is LOVING this! It is definitely softer and more supple, and my kids said my skin looks "really good"!

I don't expect miracles from a product. This does just what I expected it to do: Gently and effectively cleanses my skin and makes it softer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally purchased this on sale at Walgreens out of curiosity. I just did not find this to be more effective at cleaning my face, nor did I like the extra time it takes to use this battery operated cleansing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by pokerface757

Wow I have to say that I after one night of using the product, I'm already in love. I used this with my philosophy purity cleanser last night & I woke up today & cannot believe the difference in my face. I have sensitive/oily/acne prone skin & issues with some redness, in my cheek & nose area, after one night of using this tool I woke up to hardly any redness & super soft supple skin. The brush is super soft, for my super reactive skin too, I;ve played with the $200+, clarisonic instore & didnt like the hard bush & along with vibration, it felt like it would melt my face off. So far so good with this Pro-X goodness. Will update in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ElaineMMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I compared, investigated and debated between this machine and the Clarisonic Plus for several days. I liked the CP because it came with a body brush, but then it occurred to me that I could just have an extra brush with the Pro-X that would serve basically the same purpose, so out went that argument for the CP.

I went back and forth between the two, reading reviews and so on, and it was when I finally saw a report by a dermatologist who said that the Clarisonic works great in cleaning the skin but that it's not an exfoliator and doesn't stop wrinkles. So, I figured that if what the Clarisonic boils down to is a facial cleansing brush, well, why not just go with the Olay for a whole lot less. So, I did. And it's great!

I generally use a make-up wipe before using the Olay Pro-X brush; however, I did a little test early on and used the brush (on a fully made-up face) BEFORE using the make-up wipe. Believe it or not, when I wiped my face after using the brush, there was NOTHING on the wipe. It did that good a job of cleaning my face! So, I'm happy. And very happy I didn't fork over $200. And my skin looks beauuutiful!