October 2, 2014 | 1825 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by cyndinurse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been contemplating getting the Clarisonic system but after seeing the reviews here I went ahead and bought the Olay one. GET IT! $30 at CVS and came with microbeady cleanser and the required batteries. Between using this for the past 3 weeks (just at night after fully washing my face first) and then applying 3 drops of Rosehip oil from Trilogy (also a highly recommended MUA product) applied on damp skin afterward my skin is WOW. My wrinkles on my forehead are going buh-bye. Skin glows and milia around nose GONE.
Cleaning the skin with this brush allows your products to do what they need to. I know many recommend just using a washcloth for exfoliating/deeper cleaning but even though my skin is really pretty normal, the washcloth was too abrasive for me. I find the Olay brush to be just right. The battery cover was hard to snap off but I do prefer that over charging. Easy for travelling and brush slips on and off easily and has two speeds to use. Would re-purchase but hopefully will not ever need to!!! Oh and forgot to mention my pores are non existent- Really love this....

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for only 3 days and I can already feel the difference! I love the brush because it exfoliates without being harsh. the small cleanser it comes with is also great. I will buy the regular size as soon as I finish the free one. My face has never felt this clean and soft! It gets rid of heavy foundation as well as dead skin cells sitting on my face. Right after I use this, I slather on my moisturizer. I think my skin absorbs it 10 times better. I feel like I'm getting a facial right at my very own home. Definitely worth the $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this for less than a week and I can see that it is already helping my skin. For about 6 months my pores have become super clogged. This is the first time I ever had that problem and I tried a few cleansers that did not work. Even went to my doctor to get dermabrasion but I'll be waiting forever until that gets authorized by my insurance. I was desperate to try something now! I read the reviews on this site before making my purchase. Clairsonic is currently not in my budget. I can already see that my skin is improving and it also makes extracting the clogged pores, easier! I use it twice a day with my Origins Zero Oil cleanser. I can't say that it is making my pores smaller but it is helping clear up the clogged ones. I may do another review when I have had a chance to use this for a month to see true results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by katie6411

LOVE THIS! Works great! Really feel a deep clean! Easy to use. Great in or out of the shower.

Why pay $200 for other brushes when this works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by edivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i like this a lot. removes all the dead skin from the surface of your face. i considered buying the clarisonic and decided to give this a try first. i'm glad i did ! gives a great exfoliation. makes your skin feel baby soft !!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sunlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, let me say that I do like this product: I feel that it works well and did improve the texture of my skin. That being said, I would also like to say that you really can get pretty much the same results with a regular facial cleaning brush that you can buy at Sally's or probably even like Walgreens or something. I really liked this product when I first bought it because it definitely helped to improve my skin texture. I noticed my pores looked smaller; I guess because my skin was being cleansed more deeply. I did feel, however, that the brush lacked a little power, so I had to make up for it manually. I began to become a bit discouraged with my purchase after the batteries died, and I started having to just manually scrub alone. The results are pretty much the same, so I realized that I wasted, like, $23 when I could have bought a $2 facial brush from Sally's or something. So yes, this product is helpful, but in the end, I would not recommend it.

Okay, EDIT: After finally buying some new batteries, I realized that it actually does work much better with the extra power behind it. My skin is smoother and the pores are smaller.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this brush! I bought it a couple days after my birthday in April and I've been using it it twice a day since and i love it. It helps my products work better and makes my face feel cleaner. Recently I was thinking it lost its magic but I decided to put in new batteries and OMG I fell back in love! Turns out the batteries were wearing out and it was going slower but because I use it everyday I didn't notice. But now I will buy the rechargable ones and recharge them constantly. This products has really helped my skin and makes it more glowy :)<3

EDIT: So I did liek this product at first but then I got the Clarisonic Mia 2 on chirstmas of 2011 and fell in lve with it. It cleans better and makes my skin feel very smooth. I believe it is the sonic, oscillating technology. The Olay brush just spins in one direction.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ynvmee247

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing is a godsend. I always knew that my acne was related to the fact that my skin doesn't slough off its outer layers very well - this I knew because my skin would consistently have a dull look with various flaky spots (especially in the winter), and it was usually in those spots that I'd get pimples. But this system has gotten rid of most of those spots, and even better, has made my skin less oily. Before using this, I'd be shiny in my T-zone and chin even before midday, but now when I get home from work and check in the mirror, I don't look slick or shiny with oil. I think before the oil got trapped under the layer of dead skin cells, but now that it gets sloughed off on a regular basis, my skin is smoother, clearer, much less oily, and dare I say it, glows. My skin now reminds me of the time when I used to get a 20% salicylic acid peel done every month at the dermatologist's office - I had clear and glowing baby-butt skin back then, and this system has produced a similar result which I'm obviously ecstatic about. Even my husband has noticed the difference.
I even like the small cleanser it comes with, as it is more effective than my normal cleanser at exfoliating. That is, I can feel the little nubs of dead skin that it's exfoliated off as I'm rinsing. I use the system twice a day, morning and night, and use the exfoliating cleanser every once in a while whenever I feel rough patches on my skin.
Disclaimer: For my acne, I use prescription topicals (sodium sulfacetamide/sulfur cleanser and benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin cream), so if you have chronic hormonal acne, I don't think this system alone would be a fix-all; it would just help in getting most of the gunk on your skin out of the way, which then allows for better absorption of whatever medications/skincare products you use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i have always been blessed with good skin but ever since i stopped tanning (real sun and in tanning beds) i have been more careful about my skincare. i was *this close* to buying a clarisonic brush but the price really put me off... everytime i went to buy it i would stare at the price tag and put it back. i bought this because for $30 i didnt have much to lose. after 1 week of using this product i am so glad i didnt bite the bullet and get the clarisonic. this brush is fantastic. it isnt to harsh or abrasive and gently cleanses my skin without striping it of its natural oils. this helps my vitamin c serum and night cream work better and my skin has never been smoother or more even toned.

pro's- its quiet (nothing is more awkward than loud buzzing coming from your shower)
- the price
- its gentle enough for daily use
- it only takes 2 AA batteries.. no charger to lug around on travel

con's- the bottom piece that holds the batteries is a bastard to try to get open. i had to use a knife and ended up shooting the bottom piece across the room which the dog promptly thought was his new fun toy

i will definitly be buying this again if i ever need to.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like!!! As a 33 year old woman, I was pretty horrified when I started developing cystic acne on my cheekbones out of nowhere - I'd always had pretty good skin. I cleaned my makeup brushes, replaced my blush and bronzer...nothing...still breakouts. So, I started looking into purchasing a skin brush, as I'd heard that they help with a host of skin problems. I NEARLY pulled the trigger on the Clarisonic Mia, but then read reviews about this Olay brush, and decided I'd rather spend $30 to see if it did anything first before I spent the $150. SO glad I did. My cystic acne was almost COMPLETELY gone by the end of my first week of using this brush. Clogged pores on my nose look much better, and my skin is generally just less oily and much smoother and even-looking than it was before. I now also use it on my neck, chest and shoulders.
I haven't tried it with the cleanser it came with, as I am a die-hard Dermalogica girl and so I use it with the Special Cleansing Gel.
One thing I noticed is that after a few days of using this brush in the mornings, my skin felt a little sore. I went back to the store and looked but it seems they only sell one type of replacement brush head. So, I have been using it every 2-3 days instead now, which has taken care of the sore skin problem. I use it for 20 sec per area of the face, much like the Clarisonic. Seems to work great! No problems with battery life or performance at this time....