November 20, 2014 | 1948 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by xheni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I'd been reading about the Clarisonic, but I refuse to spend that much money. I haven't tried any other facial brush to compare it to, but I think this works wonderfully. I use long-wear foundation (and I probably wear way too much of it). Trying to get Revlon Colorstay off at the end of the night is kind of a hassle, but since I've been using this brush I know every little trace of it is washed away.

This brush makes my skin feel very soft and thoroughly clean. I feel this product, in conjunction with some other products I've started using, has contributed to my improved skin. My face doesn't look dull anymore, and I haven't had a massive break out in quite a while!

All of the directions are on the box, including how to open the battery compartment, so I don't understand all of the confusion surrounding this or the people complaining that there are no instructions. I think I bought mine in early May, and I still haven't had to change the batteries.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by coopmill

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My 50+ year old skin was showing its age! I had a facial at the LaCosta spa, where they used and recommended that I purchase a Clarisonic. Instead I bought an Olay ProX, which I think works just as well. I love what it does for my skin - cleans and brightens (oh yes, softens as well if one uses Regenerist MicroSculpting moisturizer afterwards). One of the few "true" bargains that exists in skincare products!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Great Clarsonic alternative in my opinion! Now that I have a Clairsonic, I can give a fair comparison.
Olay:
- great cost efficient alternative.
- rotating not oscillating brush
- only one type of brush head
- gets your face cleaner than normal cleansing with hands/washcloth
- played an essential role in clearing my skin drastically! My skin is combo, prone to clogged pores and moderate acne.

I used it 2x a day. At night I removed my makeup with Garnier Cleansing toilettes & use St. Ives Apricot Cleanser. After waiting 10 minutes or so for my skin to dry I then follow with Dermadoctor Poetry in Lotion. It seems to sink into my skin much more efficiently then without cleansing with the brush! If you find that it isn't working as "efficiantly"' just change the batteries (or recharge them if you get the rechargeable kind' I change my batteries about 1x a month) It is worth the $30 for sure. Major notable changes in my skin:
- less noticeable pores/ fine lines
- smoother makeup application (and I use less!)
- blemishes ( the very very few that form) are gone pretty much in a day
- a more radiant healthy glow

I did break down and buy a Clairsonic Mia a few months later and I feel it is a bit more through bc of the oscillating brush and choice of different brush heads. But Overall, Olay is a great alternative and did make my skin better than just regular cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by kenoki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this little brush! Less work than a manual cleansing brush (been using Shiseido's for decades) and more effective. I haven't tried the Clarisonic, and don't plan to since this is so nifty. Requires batteries (have lasted two weeks so far, no problem), two speeds and the little motor is strong enough that it doesn't slow down on contact. The brush may be a little aggressive for very sensitive skin, though. I've been using it every other day with my own cleanser (Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel) and it's been fantastic. Seems like a foaming cleanser + the brush could be too much on the regular. But with a gentle cleanser (e.g. Cetaphil or the Enzyme gel), muh face flakes are significantly reduced and no irritation from the bristles. A++!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by xxcookii

so far i LOVE this product ! It exfoliates really well and i have really dry skin so my skin does flake if i dont exfoliate ): ! I personally dont use the sample cleanser that came along with it because i find it to be too harsh on the skin so i use my suki cleanser with this and MAN does it work wonders ! My skin feels SO much smoother. I own a clarisonic Mia and i have to say i prefer using this over the mia because it actually exfoliates ! The mia just vibrates on the spot ....i didnt like the mia because the bristles hurt my face even when i was using the sensitive brush.... Anyways overall i really like this product !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't....stop...... exfoliating...... Man, this little doohickey is a gift from the drugstore skincare gods..... Now, I have never tried the Clarisonic... but have heard all the hype about that thingamajig...and I still haven't caved in to snatch one up.... largely in part to this wonderful gadget. Yes, Olay's version comes in at a frugal $30 at Tar-jay... but it packs a punch. Why on Earth was I walking around with all that dead flaky skin for so long???? After one use, my skin was glowing and smooth as a baby's you know what. My skin can be sensitive and the bristles on the brush felt gentle enough. The real test came when I applied my Pro Longwear Foundation the next morning. Prior to my exfoliating w/said gadget... my foundation was a patchy, flaky mess! After using it, my foundation went on buttery smooth and my skin looked absolutely flawless. Product of the year for me!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by cyndinurse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been contemplating getting the Clarisonic system but after seeing the reviews here I went ahead and bought the Olay one. GET IT! $30 at CVS and came with microbeady cleanser and the required batteries. Between using this for the past 3 weeks (just at night after fully washing my face first) and then applying 3 drops of Rosehip oil from Trilogy (also a highly recommended MUA product) applied on damp skin afterward my skin is WOW. My wrinkles on my forehead are going buh-bye. Skin glows and milia around nose GONE.
Cleaning the skin with this brush allows your products to do what they need to. I know many recommend just using a washcloth for exfoliating/deeper cleaning but even though my skin is really pretty normal, the washcloth was too abrasive for me. I find the Olay brush to be just right. The battery cover was hard to snap off but I do prefer that over charging. Easy for travelling and brush slips on and off easily and has two speeds to use. Would re-purchase but hopefully will not ever need to!!! Oh and forgot to mention my pores are non existent- Really love this....

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for only 3 days and I can already feel the difference! I love the brush because it exfoliates without being harsh. the small cleanser it comes with is also great. I will buy the regular size as soon as I finish the free one. My face has never felt this clean and soft! It gets rid of heavy foundation as well as dead skin cells sitting on my face. Right after I use this, I slather on my moisturizer. I think my skin absorbs it 10 times better. I feel like I'm getting a facial right at my very own home. Definitely worth the $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this for less than a week and I can see that it is already helping my skin. For about 6 months my pores have become super clogged. This is the first time I ever had that problem and I tried a few cleansers that did not work. Even went to my doctor to get dermabrasion but I'll be waiting forever until that gets authorized by my insurance. I was desperate to try something now! I read the reviews on this site before making my purchase. Clairsonic is currently not in my budget. I can already see that my skin is improving and it also makes extracting the clogged pores, easier! I use it twice a day with my Origins Zero Oil cleanser. I can't say that it is making my pores smaller but it is helping clear up the clogged ones. I may do another review when I have had a chance to use this for a month to see true results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by katie6411

LOVE THIS! Works great! Really feel a deep clean! Easy to use. Great in or out of the shower.

Why pay $200 for other brushes when this works great!