April 17, 2014 | 2008 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by LawLaw88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good summer foundation it's light and won't clog pores. I only use it during the day or if I'm going to an outdoor party at night because the coverage is very light. I have hyperpigmentation and by 5/6 hours of wear that comes through. I find a wet sponge or my fingers to be the best way to apply this. Hands down the best night time foundation for me is Chanel Perfection lumiere.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by BoisdeRose

I have high expectation with this product and I end up so disappointed. I was looking a replacement for my Dior Nude and I decided to give it a try after so may hype about its "natural looking coverage". First, I must shake it like a crazy or it doesn't come out in right consistency. Second, it doesn't give any coverage and after 1-2 hours, my face look cakey and awful. I've tried to blot it with Chanel Poudre Libre and it didn't help at all. I will not expect such a problem with a high end brand like chanel. Definitely will back to Dior Nude for natural look foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Katie486

I really wanted to like this foundation it seemed to tick all the boxes for me as someone with dry skin- water based, hydrating etc but the I found it didn't give the coverage I was looking for. It was very light on my skin, barely covered redness in my cheeks and I felt like I needed to use ALOT of product. Staying powder was dismal about 2 hours and it started to separate on my face and look powdery on my pores. I have dry skin and this moved all over my face like was super oily or something! Very odd! I used powder to set and a mac fix + and still had this issue. The other issue I found with this foundation is the colour it seemed to match when the SA tried it on me but when I got home and tried it I could see it was obviously too yellow on my skin. This seems to be a pretty common problem with Chanel foundations!! I paid $77 AUD for this and I am so dissapointed that I've wasted money on a foundation that acts like a watery tinted moisturiser thats gone past it's expiry! If this hasn't worked for you I can recommend Lancome Teint Miracle ....much better foundation in the light weight genre.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by KCrawford714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: Wonderful foundation, but I just returned it because it wasn't helping with my breakout. I felt it was just adding more blemishes. And I just can't have that lol.

This is a wonderful, light weight summer foundation. It is like a second skin. It doesn't leave your skin all sticky! It's like a thicker version of a tinted moisturizer.
I was matched to 40 Beige for the summer. It does not oxidize of my face which is wonderful! It has just the right amount of coverage for summer and doesn't leave the face feeling trapped and cakey.
It wipes out any lighter freckles, and tones down the darker ones so they are tolerable. :) This and some nice bronzer is KEY in summer, it has this glowy vibe, and it is a wonderful foundation for this time of the year. But remember with this foundation you have to SHAKEEE IT LIKE A SALT SHAKER. No but seriously. Otherwise, it isn't going to be the right consistency.
Lovely, lovely, lovely... Highly recommend! :) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using Estee Lauder Invisible for about a month when I tried this. I had heard it wasn't good for drier skin so I avoided it. Invisible was OK, but oxidized like crazy so it looked awful by the end of the day, and I couldn't find a perfect color match because they didn't have anything pale enough for me (I'm NC15 - very pale with yellow undertones). I gave this a try because Nordstrom is so great about accepting returns that I figured I had nothing to lose and I would get a full refund if it didn't work for me. I got it in the lightest shade. I am surprised at how much I LOVE this foundation. It absolutely does work with my dry skin, I just have to moisturize well before applying it. Everything about it is SO much better than EL Invisible. To start with, the lightest shade available in the US is a perfect match for me. The finish is satin and truly makes my skin look flawless, which it definitely isn't. (I have rosacea and flaky skin.) It doesn't oxidize at all. And the price is very reasonable, slightly more than Invisible (usd $45). The two drawbacks are that it doesn't last very long (fades by lunchtime so I have to touchup) and it doesn't cover up any major blemishes/flaws (I use a separate concealer). But all things considered, this is the best foundation I've ever used and I adore it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by medmond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this foundation. I'm totally converted to this particular product. It feels super light but actually does a pretty impressive coverage job. I hate looking like I'm wearing make-up, and this is perfect for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Charlotte94

I personally love this foundation! I'm really pale and the B10 is a perfect colour for my skin! I'm only 17 so I obviously don't want a heavy matte finish and this foundation doesn't give you that but it works well at covering old scars from spots! For young skin, like my own, I'd definitely recommend this foundation over brands like MAC which I think are just a bit much for teenage skin!

I find that to get the best results, you need to apply it well! I don't use a primer but I put on a light moisturiser just before i apply my foundation. I use my fingertips to apply it because I think they work better for this specific foundation that brushes. But be careful not to try to rub it in because you'll end up rubbing it off! I just lightly spread it over all the skin!

The only issue with it is the price. It's £31 which is a lot but I don't think you'll be disappointed! Hope this was helpful!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by skyjadeshe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried to be open minded and give it several chances but enough is enough. To begin with, here in Australia this costs approximately $70-$80. For that I had pretty high expectations for this product. It's supposed to give a light yet even coverage that doesn't feel weighty or intense on the face will still smoothing over any imperfections. It sounded okay.

HOWEVER.
My very first impression of this when I initially put it on was that unless you shake the absolute hell out of it before each use, you get what looks and feels like olive oil on your hand. I kid you not. Some kind of weird, thick, oily residue. This is what is inside the bottle. No wonder they avoided glass. As I applied this on my face, I noticed that the coverage was anything but even. It seemed to sink into the pores around my mouth and yet dried into a powdery, cakey layer up around my cheeks. I struggled to blend it around my neckline and noticed later in the day that for all my blending, it had still oxidised into an orange, streaky, dried out mess. I was mortified. I put it back in my makeup bag and forgot about it. But Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua wasn't done with me yet. Oh no sir. About four days later, I noticed several blind pimples rising up on my forehead, between my eyes, all around my mouth and jaw and in the crease of my nose. I've never had hormonal acne, or any acne to speak off my entire life. No other part of my routine had changed.

I freaked out, bought new pillowcases, threw away my foundation brush, bought new powder puffs and scrubbed my face with exfoliant. Once the zits had run their course, my skin was back to normal and I assumed it was a freakish turn of events that wouldn't happen again. I had forgotten about the new foundation I'd tried. About three or four weeks later, I stumbled upon the bottle in my makeup case and decided to give it another shot. For being nearly a hundred dollars, I should at least try to make it work, right?

SPOILER ALERT - the acne came back within a week!!!!!!!! I don't even have acne-prone or sensitive skin! What the HELL Chanel?! I don't know whether it's the weird olive oil crap in the bottle, the actual horrible greasy-and-yet-powdery consistency of the foundation itself or something in the formulation but I know for a fact that this foundation caused my skin to break out like nothing else I have ever used. I went straight back to trusty old Estee Lauder's Double Wear and cannot believe that one of the largest beauty brands in the world ripped me off so badly. I really believed the hype on this and wanted so badly to love it like everyone else seems to, but it was just a complete nightmare for me. I don't think I'm likely to even try Chanel blush after my experience.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by woot12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was going on trying makeup and I have to say this by far, had the best finish, texture and consistency I have ever come across. It gives a dewy finish with a light coverage. One has to shake the bottle before use and then apply with a foundation brush. The only put off the product is the smell. I really hope Chanel gives a non-scented foundation because for me it wasn't nice.

The price of this product was EXTREMELY expensive. It cost 77 AUD, I looked everywhere else like the US where they only pay 40 USD. I don't know why there is such a price gap between the two. I also think I would run out of this foundation quickly. I don't where foundation often and I don't know how much exactly is left but it feels like it's half full. I really don't know if you are getting 77 dollars worth in that tiny bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by mari4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I ever tried. It looks sooo natural and feels so good and fresh on your skin, and the best is that it covers perfekt. I use Sigma f82 or my fingers and it blends in perfeckt everytime.
I have pretty great skin to begin with. I get one or too pimples in the montch or else I have dehydrated and a litte dry chins.

The only thing thats stopping me from buying it is the staying power. I t dosent stay on my face my whole workday, or even half work day. My skin is weird so i havent find that foundation thats stays for all day, just Dior Nude foundation. But the colour selection is really not good there. ( There is no color for me too use when I have a tan in the summer time)I use the lightes shade 010. If anyone have a great suggestion too a similar chanel aqua lumiere foundation, please send me an email:)