October 24, 2014 | 1167 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by kikkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this foundation, it looked good when the sales assistant applied it but when I actually started using it at home, it sank into my pores and ended up caking and looking chalky after a few hours on my combination skin. It also had quite a runny consistency which might bother some. It didn't offer much coverage at all and was so disappointing. I much prefer the Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat compact over this, with it's gorgeous sable brush. This is not good for dry skin days either, as it highlights all the dry patches. Think this is more for those who have pretty perfect complexions to begin with, rather than people who need a little bit of help day to day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by na8i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After many years of fighting lucid mineral makeup and chalky compacts, I settled for oil-free liquid foundation because it provides the most natural and carefree look... Nowadays the formulations are getting more and more advanced and some of them are even mineral based, so you basically get the best of two worlds! :) My previous favorite was Lancome's Teint Idole Silky Mat, but after testing and comparing with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for over a year I have to say the latter gets my vote. Both are glycerin and oil free (no break-outs!). VA's gel-like consistency blends easily and although the finish is a little bit more dewy it stays on just as long. My skin looks natural and it doesn' feel like I am wearing any makeup. Lancome provides a more matte look, but the alcohol in it has a tendency to upset my skin. I was told by another MUA'er that Chanel does indeed contain alcohol as well (bummer!), but somehow it doesn't irritate my skin like Lancome. Another point for the bottle, Lancome oozes, this stays put. The package is also very travel friendly. This is the best foundation for everyday that I've found so far - the coverage is light, but that means it wears off gradually so it is not something you wear when it is important to look flawless around the clock..! Because of my recent discovery of the alcohol content I will look around for something similar, sans alcohol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i purchased this a few days ago, and so far and pretty pleased with it. i initially was worried that the coverage would be too sheer, but it's actually medium. drugstore foundations have always been too pink on me, i wear this foundation in the lightest color, and it's perfect for me. for reference, i am nc15, my skin is very fair with red undertones, and i have freckles. with a good primer, this will stay on your face all day and not become cakey. the area around my nose/chin gets cakey, but i suspect it is the mac studio finish concealer i use that is doing this. this foundation gives me a glow, and it's nice to FINALLY feel like i look natural. i have been breaking out the past few days, and am hoping that it's not caused by this foundation. the acne has been around my chin and jawline. i love the scent of this product, it disappears but i have never had a foundation smell like this one. i will definitely repurchase as long as this is not the cause of my breakouts.
update 6/8/11 - i honestly am pretty sure this has been breaking me out :( i will discontinue using it for now

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by heathrey

I adore this foundation. I have on the whole normal, clear skin which doesn't need much covering up so a light option such as this is great. I wear the shade BR20 (B20 with pink undertones). I find it strange that this product has such polarizing views with some saying it oxidizes- not true you must be putting on the entire bottle if that is the case or when some say it doesn't last a long time. It has 30 ml, the same as most standard foundation bottles highstreet or luxory brand. I get that it's expensive but you could buy a crappy dress in New Look for the same price- what will you get more wear out of!? Perfect for day- perhaps not for night which is my only complaint.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I wanted to love this product, but using it for 6 months, i am starting to hate it. I bought it on March, and i was really happy about it. It's lightweight, it gave good coverage, it smells good!.
Anyways, getting into the hot weather months, I start to notice that my face would like oily and cakey after a few hours. GROSS! The lease thing i want on hotter days was a cakey face. And it almost felt like the foundation is melting :/
I stopped and switched to MUFE face and body, and UD naked foundation, love both.
Today i picked it up again and thinking it would last longer since the weather is getting cooler(it's like 72 outside today). well, i was wrong. Few hours later, my face start to look shiny cakey again! well, chanel, I always love your products, just not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lauramergenthal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I begrudgingly made a foundation switch (from Origins "Stay Tunes") to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua a few months ago, once I realized that the mattifying properties of Stay Tunes was making my skin look dry and flakey. I was a bit nervous, because I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin -- obviously, trying out new makeup has me keeping my fingers crossed! Anyway, this foundation is lovely.

PROS: Application is smooth. I'd say medium coverage, and really evens out my skin tone. I no longer get an oil-slick by midday, either, which is an unexpected (but pleasant!) benefit! Also, I like the light, fresh fragrance. Finally (and most importantly), no breakouts!

CONS: Some people may find it pricey, although I don't mind spending $$$ for a few months of great foundation. My major con is the packaging. You need to shake this up A LOT before applying (otherwise, you get a very watery/silicone-y output). I mean, I didn't believe people when they said you really need to shake-weight this, but you do. That being said, I love it, so 30 seconds of shaking it well worth it in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by ipatieva

I like this product. It smells fresh and its light compared to other liquid foundation. It also gives a good coverage and it lasts all day. I think by far this is my favourite foundation although i don't wear foundation often. I only wear it for a night out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

I bought this after reading postive reviews about 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. I'm on my second purchase. The coverage is slightly more than a tinted moisturized, but less than full coverage. It blends into skin instantly and has a *pore minimizing effect (*does not last all day, darn!, but coverage lasts). It is designed for oily complextions, so depending on your skin/routine you may need to use with a moisturizer. It has a definite floral scent which if you like florals, is very lovely. The colors could be a little better in terms of skin match for me compared to some other brands I've tried, however I still think it's a fantastic product because of the level of coverage, how it blends into the skin, and the finish it leaves which is natural, but enhanced with a very subtle glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by naralph

I agree wholeheartedly with everything glendaly22 said re: it oxidising after only a couple of hours. And I definitely get the same powdery/cakey look as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation alot. I have a very hard to match skintone. I am medium but do not have the yellow undertones added to most foundations created for medium skin. My skin is more pink toned. The BR40 is perfect for me, when I am not tanning, it is my go to foundation. When I tan and use sunless tanner during early summer, it is too light and I use my Dior. It has a great smooth consistency and doesnt feel cakey. I also like the fragrance. I know alot of people do not like a fragrance in their MU, but I do prefer it. It makes application such a pleasure. I think that is why most HE cosmetics do have a fragrance added, they feel more luxurious. Anyway, love it! Will continue to purchase this.