September 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I wanted to love this product, but using it for 6 months, i am starting to hate it. I bought it on March, and i was really happy about it. It's lightweight, it gave good coverage, it smells good!.
Anyways, getting into the hot weather months, I start to notice that my face would like oily and cakey after a few hours. GROSS! The lease thing i want on hotter days was a cakey face. And it almost felt like the foundation is melting :/
I stopped and switched to MUFE face and body, and UD naked foundation, love both.
Today i picked it up again and thinking it would last longer since the weather is getting cooler(it's like 72 outside today). well, i was wrong. Few hours later, my face start to look shiny cakey again! well, chanel, I always love your products, just not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lauramergenthal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I begrudgingly made a foundation switch (from Origins "Stay Tunes") to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua a few months ago, once I realized that the mattifying properties of Stay Tunes was making my skin look dry and flakey. I was a bit nervous, because I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin -- obviously, trying out new makeup has me keeping my fingers crossed! Anyway, this foundation is lovely.

PROS: Application is smooth. I'd say medium coverage, and really evens out my skin tone. I no longer get an oil-slick by midday, either, which is an unexpected (but pleasant!) benefit! Also, I like the light, fresh fragrance. Finally (and most importantly), no breakouts!

CONS: Some people may find it pricey, although I don't mind spending $$$ for a few months of great foundation. My major con is the packaging. You need to shake this up A LOT before applying (otherwise, you get a very watery/silicone-y output). I mean, I didn't believe people when they said you really need to shake-weight this, but you do. That being said, I love it, so 30 seconds of shaking it well worth it in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by ipatieva

I like this product. It smells fresh and its light compared to other liquid foundation. It also gives a good coverage and it lasts all day. I think by far this is my favourite foundation although i don't wear foundation often. I only wear it for a night out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

I bought this after reading postive reviews about 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. I'm on my second purchase. The coverage is slightly more than a tinted moisturized, but less than full coverage. It blends into skin instantly and has a *pore minimizing effect (*does not last all day, darn!, but coverage lasts). It is designed for oily complextions, so depending on your skin/routine you may need to use with a moisturizer. It has a definite floral scent which if you like florals, is very lovely. The colors could be a little better in terms of skin match for me compared to some other brands I've tried, however I still think it's a fantastic product because of the level of coverage, how it blends into the skin, and the finish it leaves which is natural, but enhanced with a very subtle glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by naralph

I agree wholeheartedly with everything glendaly22 said re: it oxidising after only a couple of hours. And I definitely get the same powdery/cakey look as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation alot. I have a very hard to match skintone. I am medium but do not have the yellow undertones added to most foundations created for medium skin. My skin is more pink toned. The BR40 is perfect for me, when I am not tanning, it is my go to foundation. When I tan and use sunless tanner during early summer, it is too light and I use my Dior. It has a great smooth consistency and doesnt feel cakey. I also like the fragrance. I know alot of people do not like a fragrance in their MU, but I do prefer it. It makes application such a pleasure. I think that is why most HE cosmetics do have a fragrance added, they feel more luxurious. Anyway, love it! Will continue to purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by suehailee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wud simply say dis is my everyday foundation.. Not too light n not too heavy... It feels good on my face. The only prob is : it runs out fast+expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by esmequeenoftheworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product ended my long, long quest for a HG foundation. I found a couple of samples from and tried it on a friday, it was a perfect match! That day I had so many comments about how well I looked I decided it was worth investing in. The following week I tried to buy it and it wasn't released in UK yet. Forgot all about until I happened to be walking past the Chanel counter on release day. It was fate!!
I love the ease of applying it with my fingers when I want less coverage or with a flat top foundation brush when I want to build the coverage. I love the satiny finsh that make me look really healthy but not shiny or overly dewy. I love the scent. I love the fact it contains ingredients that are good for the skin.
Slightly disappointed by the plastic bottle, it feels quite flimsy, but I guess thats because it needs a good shake and a good squeeze as you near the end. But hey, I can put up with the packaging in return for a foundation that actually suits my tempermental skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by thefallofnadia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love love LOVE this fondation! I'm the shade b20, nw15, 117 in MUFe hd
I have oily acne prone skin and this foundation gives me perfect coverage for school and doesn't slide off my face.
It's too expensive sadly;( and I wish it came with a pump, the way it comes out is weird.
A little VA and powder and you're set to go:) I recommend you get a tester first

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the Vitalumiere Aqua in 20 Beige (BB Sand/ Clinique Alabaster or Ivory). I wanted something lighter and for 'no-makeup' makeup days. I have combo skin and the Vitalumiere (Non-Aqua) look awful on my face so I went for the Aqua.
Light coverage that would be hard to build, settles into a *slight* powdery finish. I think this is the first make-up I've tried that looks like real skin, it evens my skin tone gives it a nice healthy finish (not oily, not luminous - just normal healthy skin). I use a flat top foundation brush for application. *SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE*

BUT WAIT!!
Watched Lisa Eldrige apply this with her hands and I've absolutely fallen in love with this foundation. Im a brush kind of girl, but applied with your hand it looks amazing. Previously had acne, but now my skin has cleared up I really love this. Now 99% sure I will use this for my wedding, LOVE IT!!

VERDICT: Natural, second-skin foundation with beautiful finish. Wouldn't look that great with acne/poor skin, but amazing on clear skin.