December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I love this mascara. Been using it exclusively practically since it came out now. I do use my Shiseido mascara base under it to hold curl. It's amazing because it really is able to get to the root of the lashes to make the whole lash dark, due to the short stubby bristles. I get separated, fluffy, volumized lashes with one coat. Two coats over the Shiseido base give me more drama. It is easy for me to "style" my lashes with this wand, and get them to go in the direction I want, and look the way I want. Just love it. I wish it wasn't quite as dry as it is, because the tube does tend to dry up faster than I'd like. However, I tend to prefer a dry texture over wet because even over the Shiseido base, a heavy wet mascara can weigh down curl. So this is about as close to perfect as it gets for me. Try it, it's cheap. No issues with flaking or running, ever. Ugly @ss packaging though. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Lycanthropica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I suck at picking mascara and have small crappy lashes. Most things go blobby and spidery on me. I bought this on a whim as it was cheap and the bottle was orange (my fav colour)
It was worth is just for the applicator which seperates and defines my lashed but doesn't really chunk them up like maybe MAC plush lash (but also doesn't gloop up) I didn't find it flakey at all and found the the colour I got 'Very Black' to be quite black.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by myluv4mac23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. i use this on the models at work (i am a make up artist) and they always go home and purchase it. i purchased it myself and was so impressed. it deffinatley gives you volume and with a lengthening mascara your lashes look AMAZING. deffinatley go out and buy it, it is so worth it. and it is used by make up artists so it has to be amazing, trust my words guys, i love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by sircoisoc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this mascara, it makes my lashes look craaazy long, it doesn't flake, and it's easy to apply and build up. The only thing I don't like about it is the huge brush, almost everytime it messes my eyeshadow somehow, I tilt my head i do everything but it just gets there.. but I can live with it, just clean it off

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It works for me. I do feel like there's lots of gunk or mascara on my eyelashes though, it's quite heavy, not light as I'd like it, but it does do as promised: give you fuller lashes. You do have to go a few swipes, but not too much to give you spider lashes. Good value.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by tmgant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't get the fuss about mascaras. I've been wearing mascara for >20 years, and none have been more amazing than the others. Some smudge more, some less. The brushes vary a bit. That's about it in my experience. (Waterproof mascara is a whole different beast, since the smudging, flaking, and removal process comes into play.) I've tried the gamut from Channel and Clinique to Maybelline: no stand outs.

Anyhow, I wear brownish black (or something like that), and I like this mascara just fine. I have re-bought it. Dries normally for me, and no issues using it after curling. It won't change your life, but it is a perfectly acceptable formulation that doesn't give me raccoon eyes.

(Don't love the fat orange tube, but it doesn't prevent me from buying it.)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by magica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Naturally have LOng and stick eyelashes Ive buy it because all the Hype,
was GOING on MUA BUT GUESS WHAT this mascara is worst Ive
ever used IS very very WET it DOESNT HOLD A CURL I take forever
to dry returned my at my local store:( .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by lirial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm kind of nut about mascara. I rarely buy the same one twice since I have a hard time finding a formula that works well for me. I have long lashes with natural curl, and need color and volume. I hate smudges and flakes, but I want something easy to remove.

This works pretty well. It does a good job of adding volume to my lashes without clumping or looking unnatural. I do use it on my lower lashes because they're so thin. The blackest black is the best shade since it is a true black rather than blueish.

It wears well for most of the day, but does tend to smudge and smear a bit if it gets wet. It come off with remover and a little effort.

For the price, this is a good mascara if you're looking for volume and long wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by StephanieTaverna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this after I tried Lash Blast Fusion and I liked this much more. It really volumized my lashes the way I wanted it to. I got the Very Black or Blackest Black version of the product (I forget which one it was...). It did not clump or flake on me. The only thing I would say would be not to use this product on your lower lashes. It's just not intended for that purpose. Besides that I would say that this is a great volumizing mascara for an affordable price! One of Cover Girl's best products!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by aylak13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, for those of you that say it clumps and flakes well u probably got a bad bottle. I got colossal and people were just raving about it, but mine clumped a lot. ;( Lash blast Volume is a really great mascara i suggest it for newbies. :D