Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 6/8/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have the oilyest skin and this make me SHINE LIKE GREASE in 1 hour. The intial effect is matte, but that only lasts for an instant. Surprisingly, it also doesnt moisturize the dry/itchy areas.

I do not recommend this for oily skin ppl, but definately for normal skin. It also doesnt have SPF which is a con even if you have normal skin.

on 6/4/2011 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This...is amazing. I've been searching for a good facial moisturizer that wouldn't make my skin feel oily or greasy, and this does the trick. I put it on and in less than a minute, it soaked into my skin and didn't feel wet, but silky smooth. I put foundation over it, and my foundation didn't streak, so it worked great for a primer for me too!

on 5/30/2011 7:24:00 PM

I got sucked into buying this by trying out a sample in a magazine... and I was actually impressed once I started using it regularly. I've noticed it doesn't really break me out, but it does feel a little weird on my skin. It's not oily, but it feels almost kind of sticky, and when it dries it dries kind of like a separate layer on your skin. If you mind how it feels then I don't suggest you get it, as there is also a tingling, cooling sensation. It doesn't help much with redness, but it does hydrate pretty good. Unlike some of the reviews on here, I actually like the smell of it.... it smells fresh/clean. It works really well under makeup too. My only large complaint is the jar packaging. The packaging quality is nice... but not practical. Germs will grow like crazy in there if you don't make sure your hands are clean before you use it. The amount of product you get doesn't really correspond with the price, but I don't mind too much because it doesn't break me out and it does what it says. Its not a hg moisturizer, but it gets the job done... so thats why I gave it 4.

on 5/28/2011 11:26:00 PM

AWESOME!!! This works wonders on my dry acne prone skin.. It is so cool on my skin... I love the smell and the feel of it.. And it moisturizes wonderfully.... I was paying $20 for Alba but I got this at walmart for $5.99 and I will be buying it again.. I love it!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this product so much. Has to be one of my favorites. I use it everyday. My face gets pretty dry during winter and during summer months because I tan so much. I use it at night and in the morning as well. It has never once made me breakout. It feels light weight going on and absorbs super fast. It feels very cool and refreshing on your face. I absolutely love it.

on 5/26/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am on my second package of this. I love the consistency and how it feels cooling on the skin. I have dry skin and it's not particularly moisturizer, but it feel so nice on the skin and makes for a nice base for makeup. Totally would re-purchase this.

First off, this moisturizer comes in a glass jar. Available for purchase at Ulta, walgreens, walmart and other drugstores. $11.99 and is 1.7 fluid ounces.

This is a great moisturizer. I have acne prone skin and this is really refreshing and a great night time moisturizing gel. When I put this on at night the next morning I feel that my skin is supple (not oily). And this is saying something since I'm only 18, and I still feel that this moisturizer helps the texture of my skin. I feel that this moisturizes my skin the right amount and does not feel heavy.

After using up my mary kay moisturizing purple gel with the same consistency, I knew that texture wise this would be a dupe. I would say that when comparing them they are quite close in performing, only that the mary kay is a little bit more moisturizing. HOWEVER, not enough for me to shell out an extra $20 for (the Garnier gel moisturizer is about $10-$11, mary kay is $30).

PRICE: I considered giving it a 1 being cheap, however I bumped it up to a 3 because even though it is 1.7 fl. oz, I go through this product so fast! Little does NOT go a long way. I think I finished a jar within a month (when other moisturizers with the same amount go for over 3 months personally).

Great product, cheap price (even though little does not go a long way), and easy to purchase! Would buy again.

on 5/24/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I have mildly dry skin, and this did not help me at all. For around $8, it's a bit overpriced, especially since it's such a small jar. I would not recommend this for people attempting to relieve themselves of dry skin--I think my Lubriderm does a much better job.

on 5/24/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's amazing under makeup. Makeup just glides over my skin. I think this one will work for everyone because it absorbs right away and there is no residue or shine left on your skin. It just looks like soft clean skin. Update: I've been using it daily, morning and night. I alternate at night with the Ultra Lift Pro- Retinol cream. It feels and smells like a high end product. I can't get over how cheap it is! It's less than $6 and it performs like a product that is over $30. I have very dry skin in the winter, and right now it's combination. So, ladies with dry skin should give it a try instead of looking for the thick and rich creams this time of year.

on 5/23/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have normal skin that is on the dry side. This product made my skin even more dry and shiny (blah). It was super cheap so I'm not out a ton of money. I think this would be better for people with oily skin.

Popular Moisturizers