July 28, 2014 | 1688 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

edit - I was going through all my old reviews, and I reviewed that i LOVED this, but I no longer use it. I noticed that it leaves a very shiny, "filmy" finish. It doesn't get "soaked" in to the skin, it more like coats it.

It is soothing, though, and never clogged me or broke me out. Give it a try if you need hydration, not oil, but don't expect it to hydrate deeply.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by SweetLash

I LOVE this product so much! This is my first ever gel moisturizer and I definately prefer it over a cream. Creams feel very heavy and oily on my face. I have comination skin depending on the weather. In the cold months, my face is usually very dry, but in the summer I am oily. The gel feels so lightweight and seeps into the skin really fast. A cream moisturizer, feels like it just sits on top of my skin and then disappears after some time. I feel like with this gel, the moisture is locked in. After using this product for a week, my skin feels healthy and soft. I don't have any more dry patches. I just see a huge difference and I feel it too. Makeup application has become easier since i don't have to use heavy moisturizers to try and cover up the dry patches on my face leaving my face looking cakey.
I'm not usually a fan of fragrances in products, but this has a very light , fresh scent, it smells very clean. The packaging is great. It feels expensive in the glass jar, and for the price, I'm a definate fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good product. Smells nice and defitely feels gel like. Works okay on my skin. Not that moisturizing despite the name. However, it doesn't compare to clinique's ddmg and I would prefer if it didn't include fragrance. All in all a fair product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by AmyReneeWV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall, it's decent and priced fairly, but it just doesn't do much for my combo skin. I have to put a lot on my face for it to do much. It doesn't break me out, so thats good. After I run out I'll continue the search for a good night cream/gel to use...this definitely wouldn't be moisturizing enough for daytime use, especially with make up!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by icypixie137

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It keeps my skin from getting all flaky and gross. However, when I use it around my nose, it sometimes causes me to break out in the crease between my nostril and cheek. Other than this, however, I have no complaints. It is a good product overall. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

At first I thought I loved this product because it didn't break me out and it made my skin feel really soft and smooth. But after using it for a few months I realized that my face was essentially SPEWING oil just a few hours after applying. It also just wasn't moisturizing enough for my combo skin, especially after washing in the morning. I went back to a lotion moisturizer and the excessive oil stopped. It's too bad because I really like the idea of a gel moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by brittany52992

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ive just started using this stuff and i love it so far! i love the way it feels on my face. its so light weight. and i love the cool feeling it gives me. i have oily skin and it doesnt make it more oily. ill probably keep using this stuff:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is super interesting, and I think I am a fan. Now I haven't used it forever but if anything bad happens I will definitely update. I own Clinique Moisture Surge which I do love, but haven't used recently. I'm too afraid of using it all up. It's a great product, but it doesn't work miracles and I think it's way overpriced. So I stopped using it in my skincare regimen, but now I need some moisture, and I am kind of against almost every moisturizer. Unless you have dry skin I see no need for them. So I picked this up and tested it last night. I did my usual skin routine and then before bed put this on my chin. I woke up and there was a difference between my chin/the rest of my face. My chin felt softer, more matte, and just looked healthier. Maybe it was just my eyes lol. But anyway, this morning I tested it out on my whole face. The alcohol (I think because it's denat. alcohol) is not drying AT ALL. I mean, maybe this will be drying if you have dry skin - but if you have really dry skin why would you want a gel moisturizer? It's very gel-liquidy, more than the moisture surge I believe. Personally I love it. I love the ingredients except for one thing - fragrance. If this didn't have it, it would be PERFECT. But, my skin is not sensitive to fragrance so it's fine. I recommend this.

edit: I still recommend this but after a few days I have decided it's not for me. Like, it really doesn't help moisturize my skin. Didn't break me out or anything but the fragrance gets annoying and it's TOO much of a gel like it's too liquidy. I really prefer moisture surge! I hate the damn price tag though, lol. I will continue to use this on my body or something, idk.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kmbeauty86

I have been using this product for a while, and I recently purchased it again because I really do like it. First, it smells really nice. I like the light, fresh scent it has and it smells very natural and light. I use it both day and night, and it really does have a refreshing feel to it. What I think this moisturizer really has going for it is the consistency and the light-weight feeling it has on the skin. I also love the packaging; the screw-on cap container works well for this product.

Even though it claims to be a highly moisturizing product, it works surprisingly well on my oily T-Zone, yet it does add the moisture I need in my drier areas. I think this is because it is a gel formula, so it absorbs super fast but still does give moisture. It is oil-free, which I really like since my skin can breakout with some skin products if they aren't. I have also purchased the Clinique Moister Surge before, and I really liked that as well but this product is so much cheaper and works the same so I will stick to this. One more thing, this product works AMAZINGLY under makeup:)

Overall a really great skincare product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by littlemo04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this so much, but it wasn't a win for me.

Pros: Only $7 at the grocery store. The texture is great, and I love the smell and the cool feeling when I applied it but that is where the good ends.
Cons: Broke me out into small red pimples, on my face and neck (ick). Wasn't moisturizing enough for my face. Kind of burned a little when it dried.

I'm glad this worked great for others but for me this was a big flop. My search continues. I'll probably give it to my husband to use on his face or maybe just use it as a hand cream till it's gone.