Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this product so much. Has to be one of my favorites. I use it everyday. My face gets pretty dry during winter and during summer months because I tan so much. I use it at night and in the morning as well. It has never once made me breakout. It feels light weight going on and absorbs super fast. It feels very cool and refreshing on your face. I absolutely love it.

on 5/26/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am on my second package of this. I love the consistency and how it feels cooling on the skin. I have dry skin and it's not particularly moisturizer, but it feel so nice on the skin and makes for a nice base for makeup. Totally would re-purchase this.

First off, this moisturizer comes in a glass jar. Available for purchase at Ulta, walgreens, walmart and other drugstores. $11.99 and is 1.7 fluid ounces.

This is a great moisturizer. I have acne prone skin and this is really refreshing and a great night time moisturizing gel. When I put this on at night the next morning I feel that my skin is supple (not oily). And this is saying something since I'm only 18, and I still feel that this moisturizer helps the texture of my skin. I feel that this moisturizes my skin the right amount and does not feel heavy.

After using up my mary kay moisturizing purple gel with the same consistency, I knew that texture wise this would be a dupe. I would say that when comparing them they are quite close in performing, only that the mary kay is a little bit more moisturizing. HOWEVER, not enough for me to shell out an extra $20 for (the Garnier gel moisturizer is about $10-$11, mary kay is $30).

PRICE: I considered giving it a 1 being cheap, however I bumped it up to a 3 because even though it is 1.7 fl. oz, I go through this product so fast! Little does NOT go a long way. I think I finished a jar within a month (when other moisturizers with the same amount go for over 3 months personally).

Great product, cheap price (even though little does not go a long way), and easy to purchase! Would buy again.

on 5/24/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I have mildly dry skin, and this did not help me at all. For around $8, it's a bit overpriced, especially since it's such a small jar. I would not recommend this for people attempting to relieve themselves of dry skin--I think my Lubriderm does a much better job.

on 5/24/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's amazing under makeup. Makeup just glides over my skin. I think this one will work for everyone because it absorbs right away and there is no residue or shine left on your skin. It just looks like soft clean skin. Update: I've been using it daily, morning and night. I alternate at night with the Ultra Lift Pro- Retinol cream. It feels and smells like a high end product. I can't get over how cheap it is! It's less than $6 and it performs like a product that is over $30. I have very dry skin in the winter, and right now it's combination. So, ladies with dry skin should give it a try instead of looking for the thick and rich creams this time of year.

on 5/23/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have normal skin that is on the dry side. This product made my skin even more dry and shiny (blah). It was super cheap so I'm not out a ton of money. I think this would be better for people with oily skin.

on 5/23/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

WOW!!!!! I am absolutely loving this moisturizer! I have very oily, acne prone skin and have always struggled finding the right product that hydrates yet doesn`t break me out. On a total wim, I bought this from Zellers. I usually buy proffessional products, but this sounded fantastic so I thought I would try it. I was so impressed! My skin just soaks this up and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and not greasy at all. It wears great underneath my makeup, and I find that it also acts as a primer and keeps my makeup looking fresh and I barely have to blot. Plus you dont need a lot of this product, a little goes along way. The only downside is the packaging. When I go to use it, I use a Qtip to take the product out of the jar. You could use your fingers, just make sure you wash your hands first. So this is my new HG moisturizer!!! I have waited so long for a product like this!!!!!! Thanks Garnier:))

on 5/22/2011 9:54:00 PM

I am on my second jar and this has helped me with my period of ance treatment. This does not inflame it and keeps they dryness/flakiness at bay. My skin is fine now and I continue to use this product. I love the scent as it is absolutely delicious!

I wish it came in a more sanitary container though. As well, this does not control my oily skin, but I do not want to sacrifice the moisture.

Its good for both morning and night since it contains no spf (I just put on additional sunscreen when I go out).

on 5/17/2011 12:13:00 PM

I really love the way this moisturizer feels on my skin. When they call it "refreshing," they mean it. It goes on with a slight cooling sensation that's great as a pick-me-up if your skin is feeling tired or dull in the morning. I use this in the morning after I wash my face, but before makeup, and at night after I wash my face before I go to bed. I have combination skin, and I use this mainly on the parts of my skin that tend to be dry, like around my nose, on my cheeks, under my eyes, and it keeps my skin well-hydrated pretty much throughout the whole day. It feels very lightweight on my skin, and leaves a kind of smooth, dewy feeling after rubbing it in. I can still use it on my forehead, nose, and chin without it causing breakouts or too much oiliness. This may not be the most heavy-duty moisturizer, but it's definitely great if you need a good amount of long lasting hydration. The price is great too.

on 5/14/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a fan of Chanel's Hydramax + Active Gel Cream, I was curious about this product since it is also a moisturizing gel. I purchased this at Target for $6.99 (which is a steal for what Chanel's cost - $72.00). I am very pleased to say it performs just as good as the Chanel product did for me. Chanel's has alcohol high on the ingredient list and this doesn't. Only downside is it is in a jar also like The Chanel gel cream. A definite keeper!!

Popular Moisturizers