October 2, 2014 | 991 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by sportylass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have been using this for a couple of months now and I have to say that it compares better than any of my high end foundations. I use it mostly for during the day and the finish is gorgeous! I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks). This hydrates my dry areas and isn't an oil slick on the t-zone. I put a bit of powder on the t-zone that just to set it and it lasts all day. The coverage is light to medium (medium if you apply more). I love this though, as it looks like my skin, but more glowy and natural. Would definitley recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

I am one of those girls who are constantly changing up their foundation, Almost every month cus nothing is good enough!
I have the Healthy mix in 52 Vanilla and i must say it's perfect for me, I have finally found a cheap foundation that works for me.

Yellow toned, mousturizing, covers well, smells lovely. I finnished my bottle in a little over a month.. A little bit does NOT go a long way with this one. But its affordable and gorgeous so completly worth it.

Thank you Bourjois!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll just say it: this is the best drugstore foundation I have ever used. It's even better than a lot of high end foundations. It's a shame that it's shade selection is abysmal; it's just fair to light-medium skin. Dark-medium to dark skintones are completely left out. Plus, it's not sold in America; I had to buy it from a UK-based online store for $11. I read that Bourjois tried to break into the American market, but failed. Really, unfortunate for us Americans who like the brand.

I'm just started accutane so my skin right now is about dry-normal, but I think this would be doable for oily skin as well. I applied it like any foundation and it blends very easily, looks like second-skin, and never sunk into my pores or dry patches. It didn't dry my skin out further and lasted all day. 12 hours later my makeup still looks great, except it wore off some from my forehead and nose. Honestly, I have no complaints about performance. It didn't irritate my skin either. One thing that bothers me a bit is the strong apricot smell. At least it wears off quickly.

As for it's supposed skin benefits, I really can't say because accutane is doing wonders. Better something than nothing, though.

I'm a MAC NC15 and 51 Vanilla is a great match.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by jessshindler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. I LOVE this stuff. I have acne scarring and I have VERY oily skin in my t-zone but it is also very flaky and dry! This balances it out beautifully and does not emphasize any dry spots. It gives a medium-buildable coverage and it is not obvious at all that there is foundation on my skin. It does not look cakey and does not oxidise, and it smells divine! It lasts all day although I do need to set it with a powder and blot twice a day since I am oily, yet this is expected with any foundation I use. I recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LeehannahMitchell

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I have been using this foundation for over the past year and i can not get enough! Although I had to break the bottom as the foundation wouldnt pump out so i had to push it up, I think this is the best foundation ever! (i'm not sure if it was just the bottle i had, i'd had it for over 6 months) I wouldn't recommend this product if you like to build your foundation as if you apply too much over and over it can look cakey, i personally go for a more natural look and think this foundation is perfect for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent foundation. I have quite yellow-undertoned skin and it's JUST yellow enough for me (a little ashy but doable). I use 54 for my NW30 skin.

Blendable, medium coverage, between matte and luminous (closer to luminous), high quality feeling.

In the same family of companies as Chanel, not unlike the discontinued Pro Lumiere.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to switch up my makeup for a bit and give healthy mix a try as i'd had it for several months and not really used it. BIG MISTAKE. I realized after a couple of days that in natural light the colour was way too orangey for my skin tone (i brought 53 light beige) and i know 52 vanilla would have been too light so their shading is all off, and to top it off it gave me cystic acne on my forehead, a place i NEVER break out so i knew it was this. Back to Skin79 please. Phew!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely do not understand the raves for this product.

- this does not last more than 4 hrs on my normal skin
- the coverage goes patchy on my skin as it fades
- the shades are fairly yellow

I don't see the point of foundations that don't last, and for me even if i powder with this by the end of the day it is wearing off in patches. It almost seems to cause some kind of rosacea irritation on me as it fades off too.

I much prefer my revlon colorstay.

will not buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Well the only bad thing on this product is the color range, i find one of the best foundations around the market, specially for the price...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by dandellion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am at my third bottle now but I regret buying the third. I used this foundation when I was a young teenager, because my skin was freaking out, I was suffering with cystic acne and oily skin. Now my skin has calmed down and I actually discovered that I have dry and very sensitive skin, due to I have an occasional breakout. So now I am just searching for a light foundation which won't break me out. This foundation is medium coverage, definitely buildable, lasting up MINIMALLY to 16hrs, I went through 29 hrs wearing this foundation and it looked just the same. But it is definitely NOT for dry skin. It just highlights any little dryness you have on your face. But if you have oily skin, it works wonders, when I suffered with overproduction of sebum, my skin just stayed matt all day. But if you have oily skin and sensitive skin too, don't worry, I was worried the harsh smell (which I like, but some people say it is really strong) would irritate my skin but it didn't. I don't really like the packaging, the black pump is always dirty (but I appreciate it has a pump!), I don't really like foundations packed in plastic but whatever, at least it won't break. The price for me is a bit high, but next to some Sisley foundation it's cheap so it depends on your financial options :) So - if you have normal-combination-oily skin, if you need some coverage and you're looking for a long-lasting foundation, this is exactly for you!!!:)
Plus! I really appreciate the yellow undertones in all shades, majority of the population have them in their skin and most drugstore/cheaper foundations make just pink undertones:)