Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 1/15/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I should begin by saying I loved almost everything about this product, however the color did not match, so I cannot speak to its longevity or skin reaction overtime.
The packaging has a pump which is lovely. The texture is smooth and light, and the smell is fragranced however not offensive (as someone who gets headaches from fragrances often). The coverage by overall standards would be considered medium, however for myself it felt quite full. Nonetheless, it didn't feel like other heavier coverage foundations. For my taste, the coverage is for special occasions, not everyday.
What killed the product for me and banished it from my collection was the color. I'm quite pale, N/NW10. I fluctuate slightly over the year, however never enough to be well suited to most brands lightest shade. I purchased the lightest shade I know of 51, however it was two shades to dark. It looked yellow too. I tried to sheer it out and mix it with a white fndt, but it still didn't read right.
I passed it on to a friend with darker skin and a yellow undertone and it looks beautiful on her. I wish this was made in lighter shades and pink neutral undertones for those of us who would like our face to match the rest of our body.

on 1/13/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It covers well and smells heavenly, but sadly it broke me out; everytime I tried it, I got a bunch of tiny red pimples on my chin. Oil control is ok, but it looks cakey and obvious on my skin.

on 1/13/2013 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! I have a hard time finding a nice foundation, but I know think i've found a decent one! The formula is so velvety soft and creamy, and i love it! It smells amazing too - so fruity and lush! It gives a medium coverage and it works so well!

on 1/12/2013 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The best foundation I have ever used!
Its really easy to apply, never ever goes orange and leaves my skin looking really healthy. I use Bourjois healthy mix concealer and powder and my skin has honestly never looked better. The only bad thing I would have to say is that it is easy to over use it. I always accidentaly put too much on my hand and end up wasting it, when you really don't need that much for it to be effective. The bottle always lasts me a long time and it has an ok smell as well. :)

on 1/11/2013 8:48:00 AM

Bourjois Healthy Mix is the most subtle, long-lasting, adaptable and skin-friendly foundation I have ever used, so I really can't understand where all the bad reviews are coming from! However, it may be worth noting that I like this foundation a LOT more since I started mixing it half-and-half with moisturiser and using a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply it.

Pros:
- Not pink or orange, regardless of how much you use;
- Good shade range for pale-to-medium-toned skin;
- Lasts a good 12 hours on me with just a little blotting, despite my oily skin;
- Only foundation I have used that doesn't leave my sensitive, acne-prone skin looking sore or spotty;
- Easy to remove;
- Really good value for money;
- Coverage is very easy to adjust. Usually, I mix it half-and-half with Avene moisturiser most of the time to get a very natural, healthy look which still gives good coverage. If I'm having a bad skin day, I'll add a bit of extra foundation to the mix, and stipple a tiny bit more on any problem areas afterwards. I have used it undiluted before, but I found that the coverage was much fuller than I needed and the finish was fine but not as good as it is when mixed with moisturiser.

Cons:
- Not a great shade range;
- I prefer my make-up unfragranced, but I'll happily put up with the (quite nice) scent of this foundation since it doesn't harm my skin and I haven't found a fragrance-free foundation that's nearly as good.

on 1/11/2013 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! It really does make my skin look healthy and flawless. I don't like heavy foundations: my skin is normal and doesn't need totally full coverage. The finish with healthy mix is exactly what I'm looking for. It's natural and weightless. Layering is easy as well. I use a dense synthetic foundation brush for application.
Packaging is great, a light-weight pump bottle. It's a shame Bourjois is not available more widely!

on 1/9/2013 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The smell this foundation has is lovely, and the color I got was a great match for me. I'm just not impressed enough by this to repurchase, especially with how tricky it is to get my hands on in the US. I will definitely use it up though. One thing I dislike about this foundation is the lasting power. I have dehydrated skin with a semi-oily tzone, and I can't even get this past the 4 hour mark without breaking down and looking cakey. Maybe it's my application. If I find a way to get this to work, I'll update my review, because the initial finish of the foundation is gorgeous.

Another plus-- the pump on the bottle is awesome.

on 1/8/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My favorite everyday foundation so far. I try out new foundations from time to time, but always get back to this baby as the one and only :)
It covers enough (for me), skin looks really healthy and youthful with it. Shade 51 light vanilla fits me perfectly and I looove how this foundations smells! Amazing product among drugstore foundations and definitely worth trying ;)

I have 3 bottles of this and I love it! I have fair-medium skin that is prior to being uneven (sometimes red in areas) but this foundation gave my skin great coverage and as I don't have very many spots/blemishes makes my skin look close to flawless. At lot of people said this has a strong smell, but i really didn't notice any particular strong scent. It covers small pimples that haven't broke to the surface yet, but after they've reared there ugly head it doesn't cover spots very well, but that's what concealer is for I guess! The only negatives (which is why I gave it a 4) is that I can sometimes find the pump doesn't always get the foundation out very easily. Also, I found it quite expensive for a drugstore/lower end foundation, but would definately advise this to people with reasonably clear skin!

on 1/7/2013 9:24:00 PM

This is one of my favourite foundations ever. If I hadn't of done some research on foundations I would never have found it and no one that I know has ever used bourjois foundations. I'm currently using MAC face and body foundation but i'll probably go back to Healthy Mix when I've finished the bottle. It is as effective as a high end foundation but for a reasonable price. I think the coverage is great and the finish is quite dewy which is the finish I always want.

Video Reviews & Tutorials