Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 1/30/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG foundation!! I regret buying Estee Lauder double wear after I tried this out:
- decent medium coverage
- does not feel/look like your wearing a mask
- blends beautifully into the skin
- great skin colour matches
- smells amazing! does not stink like make-up but smells fresh and fruity
- does not flare up my skin
- good value for money
- can get a bit oily but worth it for the way it looks on your skin. Oil can easily be controlled with a powder :) Prefer this so much compared to my Estee Lauder double wear. Just looks so much more natural on the skin

on 1/30/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pro's: easily to blend, natural coverage, nice smell, ok packaging

Con's: DOES NOT LAST LONG!! My biggest pet peeve, even with primer and setting the foundation does not last beyond a few hours. Why pay money for something that does not last?

on 1/26/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wish there were more shades for this great foundation. It gives medium coverage that can look a bit cakey for me, only because it doesn't quite match my skin tone. I love the packaging, plastic with a very nice pump, and it's very inexpensive for such a smooth foundation. It does smell quite strongly, a bit floral, but I like the scent. More shades Bourjois!!!

on 1/23/2013 11:06:00 AM

I wanted to love this so bad after watching Lisa Eldridge sing its praises. It took me months to track down, and when I finally got my hands on it, I spent about 3 months in total denial. I wore it every day and refused to deal with the fact that it made my face an oil slick.

I have combination skin to begin with, but I feel like the extreme shininess that appears within an hour of application is not my own oil, but has to do with the way the formula breaks down over time. This just doesn't happen when I wear other foundations.

It's a pity because the color is great (52 for my NC25 skin), the texture is a dream to apply, the smell is delicious (even though I don't normally like fragrance), and the packaging is so convenient. Coverage, though, is a bit meh, and I am convinced that this product will bind to any existing oil on your face and make it 20 times worse.

Conclusion: if you already have pretty good, dry-to-normal skin, this will probably be a great product for you. But if you have any oiliness at all, or any dark marks to cover, look for something else.

on 1/19/2013 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My favorite foundation of all time! I have a pretty normal to dry skin and this works amazingly, it looks natural and covers the redness that I have on my skin. I can't really say anything bad about this foundation :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

AMAZING! I have been on the hunt for my HG foundation and FINALLY I have it! This is such a great foundation. It gives such a flawless finish to my skin :) I have the shade 51 and its the perfect match. The only bad thing is that is costs $32 here is AUS. But other than that, its an amazing product. Thanks Bourjois!

I achally haven't brought this foundation yet as I got a free sample about a quarter of the bottle size I've tested it day after day so I could right my review
PROS
. Really easy To Blend can be used with hands sponge a normal foundation brush a stippling brush etc.
. Last up to 8 hours before showing signs of fading which is ok for me because I only need it to stay on from 7.00am till 4.00pm
. Provides light to medium coverage and is buildable
. Nice colour range
CONS
. The packaging is just a glass bottle with NO pump :( very disappointed with that because its really hard to get the amount of product you need
.it changes colour like 4 hours later a bit darker and it makes u look quiet dull so i put on some highlighter , blush, bronzer etc .
It's really expensive here in Australia it retails for $32 at Priceline
When I can get a mac foundation for $20 more
Overall I really like this foundation I think it would be great for any skin type not so much acne-prone as I have acne on my forehead which isn't that bad and dosnt cover every little pimple that well
Besides that I will be repurchasing this product :)

on 1/16/2013 8:08:00 AM

i am half way through using my second bottle and i love it. let me start off by saying i have dyed my hair many colours (platinum blonde, beige blonde, pink, baby pink, red and black) this foundation has always matched it is such a perfect neutral colour before i used this i would have to switch foundation to match the hair colour.
i have sensitive skin and i am prone to break outs but this foundation doesn't irritate me at all and feels so light!
i am very pale currently and i am using 51 sometimes i add a TINY dot of illamasqua colour rich foundation 115 to lighten it gently very helpful in the winter months.

my only real negative is that this time i seem to have a dodgy pump that doesnt always work but i can live with it!

on 1/15/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I should begin by saying I loved almost everything about this product, however the color did not match, so I cannot speak to its longevity or skin reaction overtime.
The packaging has a pump which is lovely. The texture is smooth and light, and the smell is fragranced however not offensive (as someone who gets headaches from fragrances often). The coverage by overall standards would be considered medium, however for myself it felt quite full. Nonetheless, it didn't feel like other heavier coverage foundations. For my taste, the coverage is for special occasions, not everyday.
What killed the product for me and banished it from my collection was the color. I'm quite pale, N/NW10. I fluctuate slightly over the year, however never enough to be well suited to most brands lightest shade. I purchased the lightest shade I know of 51, however it was two shades to dark. It looked yellow too. I tried to sheer it out and mix it with a white fndt, but it still didn't read right.
I passed it on to a friend with darker skin and a yellow undertone and it looks beautiful on her. I wish this was made in lighter shades and pink neutral undertones for those of us who would like our face to match the rest of our body.

on 1/13/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It covers well and smells heavenly, but sadly it broke me out; everytime I tried it, I got a bunch of tiny red pimples on my chin. Oil control is ok, but it looks cakey and obvious on my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials