April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon #252B Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by kathylulu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nutty is such a pretty medium taupe color, it's shimmery, but not over the top kind of shimmery, it's just perfect. It can be used as a wash of color on the lid or in the crease, can be used to achieve an everyday neutral look or a nice smoky look.
The texture is buttery smooth, extremely pigmented. They're even better than the Mega Eye round single eye shadows WnW just discontinued. I just can't believe I only paid 2.99 CAN dollars (1.7g) for this, I can easily believe this for any high end eye shadow, it is that good!!
The only con I can say about this product is that the container can be a little hard to open, but other than that, this eye shadow is more than perfect!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mazeppa

Buttery soft, great pigmentation, dirt cheap. Not thrilled about the packaging, but I can overlook it for such a versatile color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by emmeline24

I just picked this up on a whim and tried it out today. I thought it was brown in the store, but it turned out to be more of a taupe when I got it home. I'm very warm toned, and sometimes cool taupes can be tricky to pull off, but this was a pleasant surprise. I love this shadow! It's nicely pigmented but it's still sheer, so a wash of color was all I needed to put a little something on my eyes. Shimmer is quite nice too. I paired it with a thin line of black liquid liner and a touch of black mascara; it's a perfect simple eye look. Even better, it looks nice and understated behind my dark-rimmed glasses. I see myself reaching for this shadow a lot this summer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful silver toned taupe. Unfortunately, as it turns out, it's just way too cool for me. I need a taupe with more of a plummy cast to be able to pull it off. If you're a warm toned gal, be aware that this color might not work for you. You might have better luck with Revlon's Nude Slip. I did a review of that, if you're interested. It's a beautiful taupe for those of us who can't pull off gray or silver.

However, the quality of the shadow is excellent; silky smooth, wonderfully blendable and deeply pigmented. It also seems to be very long lasting, although I do use foundation on my lids as primer. This is definitely high end quality for a very low end price. Honestly, when these kinds of products are available, you'd have to be crazy to pay 15, 20, or even 30 dollars for an eye shadow.

I was so pleased with the quality that I went back and bought every shade. At $2, I can. So what's better? One designer shadow, or eight designer QUALITY shadows? It's a no brainer to me.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG i just bought this and i LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! It's so pigment yet sooooooooo cheap!!!!! I will buy this and more of the other colors later!!!

Edit: This broke on me twice. The first time i set it back with rubbing alcohol but it didn't long for it to break on me again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a cool taupe shade with hints of gray and a little bit of brown. I thought it was going to show up darker than it is actually does, so I was a little disappointed that I couldn't use it as a dark contouring color on my crease. However, it does work wonderfully as an allover wash of color when you're going for a neutral eyes look. I personally have to use this in conjunction with another taupe eyeshadow because I find that this is a bit too cool-toned for me, which is why I don't hail this as my super special HG eyeshadow shade. But it does its job and itís really cheap. I think the packaging looks cute (it's a tiny square-shaped pan with a clear plastic lid), but it is very lightweight and tends to move around whenever I try to dip my brush into it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by barbieismetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow how gorgeous, this color is perfect a taupe leaning more towards brown , very soft , highly pigmented and easily blended 100% worth the money.

I wear it over a MAC paint pot and it lasts all day ,will look to get more

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My local Wal-Mart has been sold out of this forever! I picked this up and there was only one on the shelf. This color is absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I wore it the first time today with MAC black fluidline and it looks amazing on. Everyone has already described the color and the texture is amazing. I can't believe that was under $4 dollars. I did put my UDPP on before hand. Get this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kperfetto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This shade is almost an exact dupe for Stila's long-discontinued Puck eyeshadow: kind of a slivery, browish taupe with a slight sheen. Even the texture is pretty close, and that says a lot given Stila's wonderfully soft shadows. The packaging could be better, but for about two dollars a pop, it's a fair trade-off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I've been waiting for WnW to put out a taupe e/s in a single pan for awhile now, and oh, how they've delivered. This little guy is perfect. Nutty is a beautiful medium shimmery taupe shade. It's more on the brown side than grey. When on, it looks multi-dimensional to me. I love wearing it all over the lid, but I'm sure you could put it in the crease with a lighter lid color. These shadows are $2 apiece and they come in clear, flip-top pans. Unfortunately, they are square and obviously won't fit into MAC or ELF quads, but whatever. I highly recommend this shadow, especially if you are a neutrals kinda person. 5 stars!