BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 8/27/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After having tried all benefit eyeshadow bases on myself and customers I have to say they suck so badly!!! None of them seems to keep my eyeshadows from creasing. Not even the ones I never had problems with in the first place. I really hate that I have to sell them and never really reccomend them to any of my customers.
Stay don't stray is the best out of the bunch though.
The pros about it are that it neutralizes the eyelid colour very nicely and actually does keep concealer from settling in fine lines.
As an eyeshadow base it's pretty useless. Doesn't make the colours more vibrant, doesn't prevent creasing, nothing.
I wish they would finally make a base that's worth buying considering benefit is not a particularly cheap brand.
The packaging is kinda tricky too. The pump makes it hard to get out the right amount of product.
I wouldn't ever buy it myself.

on 8/22/2010 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so the pump dispenser sucks, but I find that if I just sort of squeeze lightly (almost more of a tap against the top of it) it will dispense just enough for under both eyes and on each lid. The product itself is great. I got it because I needed a flesh-toned eye primer (I was using MAC paint pots as eyelid primers before I got this). It does a fantastic job of keeping eyeshadow on and uncreased, and that's high praise from me since I have unusual shaped lids and oily skin which cause my shadow to crease easily. The sales girl at the Benefit counter said that it also primes skin under the eyes to help your concealer stay on. Because this product is tinted it actually conceals the dark circles a bit itself as well. It was pretty expensive but I only use tiny dab each time so I can see it lasting quite a while.

on 8/21/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this formula, and everything it does for me. Its a great shadow primer, goeson smooth and dries super-quick. Makes my shadow stay on all day without any creasing. Only thing that frustrates me is the pump dispense, which is why i gave it a rating of 2. Even thought this is a liquid, it should be put in a pot because you only need a SMALL amount , I acutally use just a dot to cover BOTH of my eyelids. I made my own solution to this by using one of my empty plastic Sephora sample containers (I always keep and reuse them) pumped as much as I could get in there and I carry it in my purse and just dip my finger in it to get my perfect "dab" of it. Try this and you'll really like this formula in the long run.

on 8/21/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was recommended by the sales girl at Ulta. I have very oily skin- nothing lasts. I'm also beginning to get fine lines under my eyes :( I will say that this lasted longer then most, about 6 hours. Then the oil returned and it seemed to settle into my under eye lines. I really wanted this to work but back it goes.

on 8/21/2010 3:41:00 AM

Hate it. It does nothing. Actually, even worse, i have the impression my shadows stay on better without any primer than with this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic eye primer, and my eyeshadow stays put from about 7am to 9pm. However, I do use decent eyeshadows (Estee Lauder and Lancome) and I'm not sure how much that has to do with it. I also use it as a concealer all over which works brilliantly.

I wish I could score it as a 5, but the thing which brings down my score is the wretched pump. It's just rubbish. By the nature of the product, you need a very small amount. The pump squirts out loads, causing mess and waste, and is really hard to make it dispense just a very small amount.

When mine runs out I will buy it again, but I hope by then that Benefit has rectified the issue with the pump.

on 8/12/2010 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The product is great and it really works. Benefit really needs to repackage this product because it does cause a lot of waste. I've been practicing on little pumps which works pretty well even so, i feel i should have to put in so much effort when they should just give you a product that doesn't pump out so much product. Like everything else in Benefit, a little goes a long way so it is a great value. I recommend it to all of my friends.

on 8/8/2010 11:05:00 PM

I was looking for a primer that would double as an eyeshadow and under eye. The sales associate at Sephora told me about this product and gave me a little sample. I love it!
Quite surprised by the reviews and overall rating on here. I used it all around the eye area. I have a MAJOR problem with creasing and my eyeshadow has stayed put all day. I applied at 9:30 this morning, it is now 9 pm and it looks flawless. Not perfect on the under eyes, but a big improvement. My concealer would be sinking into fine lines and worn off by the end of the day. I had a little bit of it sinking, but the pigment has lasted all day as well.
Definitely going back to pick this up. I'm just not too thrilled about the packaging...seemed a little hard to control at the store.

on 8/5/2010 4:35:00 PM

Absolutely perfect as a primer and a concealer. Makes my shadow last much longer and covers well. Had a tiny sample bottle and it lasted me FOREVER. Benefit has hits and misses but this one is a hit in my book. UPDATE: It is not the best eye primer as I have found out from using better ones but it is the best combo primer/concealer and I appreciate the dual "benefit".

on 8/4/2010 7:03:00 PM

i stumbled upon this product while i was looking for a primer that would make my concealer stay put all night. after trying a little bit of it on my under eye area at the store, i liked it enough to purchase it and bring it home. it does what it promises to do, my concealer stayed on for over 12 hours even through humidity. my eye makeup stayed on longer than usual (without any primer) but not as long as my concealer did. it is kinda cakey to put on and takes some work to blend in but to me is worth the effort. the only thing i dislike about this product is the pump itself that the primer comes in. it's hard to pump out just a little bit of product, and just a little bit is all u need for each eye area. overall i like this primer and would recommend it to anyone that wants their concealer and eye makeup to "stay don't stray" ;)

Video Reviews & Tutorials