November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's the first eye-specific primer I've tried, and it really makes a HUGE difference to the staying power of my eyeshadow. The colour is really great on my pale skin, and blends into a nice base that helps coloured eyeshadows really pop. I find that cream eyeshdows don't crease as much, and powders last longer, and stay exactly how I applied them.

I have it in a smaller sample size that I got as part of a benefit kit, so can't comment on the packaging of the regular version.

I would 100% buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this works well as an undereye corrector or lid corrector not primer. Reason being, the consistency is too thick. It's like heavy foundation and I don't think that's what everyone wants in an eyeshadow primer. You have to use very little amount to get the effect you want. I just generally don't like it. Plus it's a tad too pink so for tanned skins I do think this is a bad idea. (MAC NC42/43)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by caroe7

I guess it's okay, but this is my first eyeshadow primer so I don't have anything to compare it to. I used to just put Clinique liquid concealer on my lids to prime which worked about the same as this stuff. I hate the pump though. I only push it down probably about 1/4 of the way and I still get way too much. I think I will buy UDPP next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by InCognito1223

I as well purchased the sample kit. The stay don't stray seemed very liquidy and didn't do much as far as staying power....i'm on the fence about the erase paste. I want to like it but i'm not sure same as the shadow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by susjs

Bought this recently in the mini-kit sold at Sephora along with RSVP cream shadow/liner and Erase Paste. Thankfully it wasn't the full size because this primer is by far the worst I've ever tried; and I've tried many including UDPP, Laura Mericer, MAC paint pots, Nars, Lorac, etc. The only good thing I can say is the neutral pinky-beige colour of this cream is a good match for my skintone. [Armani LSF 5, Bobbi Brown Sand, Laura Mercier TM in Nude.] My eyelids are slightly oily half-way through the day--typically shadows will hold and then fade evenly after about 8 hrs. of wear. With this, I noticed pools of smeary mess as my shadows disappeared after only about 3 hrs. of wear. I'd seriously be better off with no primer than this under my shadows! If zero lippies was an option, this would win for one of the worst-performing products I've ever tried--chucking it immediately but thought it was worth warning others that there are far better primer options.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by AshLovePeace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

If any of you have sensitive, watery eyes like me you know how important a good eye primer is! This product is pretty good, but of course it could be better. I was very excited to try it because unlike any other primer I have used, it is tinted just like a concealer. That part of stay-don't-stray I do love love love! It goes on nicely and does stay put for the most part. On hot days I do notice some creasing under my eye, but it does work better than other primers i have tried. The packaging is cute, and functional. It comes in a pump, just make sure you use half a pump because a little goes a long way with this product, My mom also purchased this and says it stings her eyes. I haven't experienced that, but just something ot watch for when first using it. I love benefit and am probably going to purchase this again. Might try another primer first to compare, but I do love the tint on this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This primer works ok, like Too Faced shadow insurance, but not as good as UDPP. It has color so it may cover any discolorations and veins on your eyelids. I don't have that problem, so it's not a bonus for me. I use Benefit creaseless cream shadow on top of this as a primer, then i apply powder shadow, and my eyeshadow lasts for 3-4 hours before it starts to crease. With UDPP, it won't crease all day! Again, get this primer if you want something opaque like a concealer to cover up. But it's not a concealer and kind of drying and cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

I'm sorry others are having negative experiences with this product, because I absolutely love it. I use it as a concealer over my fndn. It goes on so smoothly and is sheer, but really makes a difference in my coloring. It doesn't cake up, nor does it crease in my wrinkles. I love how it looks! It only comes in one color as far as I know, and it's a pretty light beige, so I could see that it might not be compatible with a lot of ppl's skin tones. But I think it's great.

Oh, yes, the pump lets out a little too much product. You either have to plan to use a lot or get the hang of pumping out a teeny drop. It's VERY concentrated and a little goes a loooong way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Please do not buy this! It was such a waste of money. My eyeshadow looks so much better at the end of the day if I don't use this. It makes your shadow crease like crazy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by TJ9

I know a lot of people don't like the pump but if you just push the top 1/3 down only a little drop comes out. But anyways, as an eyeshadow primer this is does not work for me. It creases. The only good thing about is that it evens out my eyelid color.
As of right now, Im using this more as a foundation primer. But it works well for this purpose even though thats not what it is designed for (found this out when I accidently pumped too much out). If this came in a big bottle, I would buy it to use under foundation, but since it doesn't, I'm gonna stick to UD.