August 30, 2014 | 1698 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by susjs

Bought this recently in the mini-kit sold at Sephora along with RSVP cream shadow/liner and Erase Paste. Thankfully it wasn't the full size because this primer is by far the worst I've ever tried; and I've tried many including UDPP, Laura Mericer, MAC paint pots, Nars, Lorac, etc. The only good thing I can say is the neutral pinky-beige colour of this cream is a good match for my skintone. [Armani LSF 5, Bobbi Brown Sand, Laura Mercier TM in Nude.] My eyelids are slightly oily half-way through the day--typically shadows will hold and then fade evenly after about 8 hrs. of wear. With this, I noticed pools of smeary mess as my shadows disappeared after only about 3 hrs. of wear. I'd seriously be better off with no primer than this under my shadows! If zero lippies was an option, this would win for one of the worst-performing products I've ever tried--chucking it immediately but thought it was worth warning others that there are far better primer options.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by AshLovePeace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

If any of you have sensitive, watery eyes like me you know how important a good eye primer is! This product is pretty good, but of course it could be better. I was very excited to try it because unlike any other primer I have used, it is tinted just like a concealer. That part of stay-don't-stray I do love love love! It goes on nicely and does stay put for the most part. On hot days I do notice some creasing under my eye, but it does work better than other primers i have tried. The packaging is cute, and functional. It comes in a pump, just make sure you use half a pump because a little goes a long way with this product, My mom also purchased this and says it stings her eyes. I haven't experienced that, but just something ot watch for when first using it. I love benefit and am probably going to purchase this again. Might try another primer first to compare, but I do love the tint on this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This primer works ok, like Too Faced shadow insurance, but not as good as UDPP. It has color so it may cover any discolorations and veins on your eyelids. I don't have that problem, so it's not a bonus for me. I use Benefit creaseless cream shadow on top of this as a primer, then i apply powder shadow, and my eyeshadow lasts for 3-4 hours before it starts to crease. With UDPP, it won't crease all day! Again, get this primer if you want something opaque like a concealer to cover up. But it's not a concealer and kind of drying and cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

I'm sorry others are having negative experiences with this product, because I absolutely love it. I use it as a concealer over my fndn. It goes on so smoothly and is sheer, but really makes a difference in my coloring. It doesn't cake up, nor does it crease in my wrinkles. I love how it looks! It only comes in one color as far as I know, and it's a pretty light beige, so I could see that it might not be compatible with a lot of ppl's skin tones. But I think it's great.

Oh, yes, the pump lets out a little too much product. You either have to plan to use a lot or get the hang of pumping out a teeny drop. It's VERY concentrated and a little goes a loooong way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Please do not buy this! It was such a waste of money. My eyeshadow looks so much better at the end of the day if I don't use this. It makes your shadow crease like crazy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by TJ9

I know a lot of people don't like the pump but if you just push the top 1/3 down only a little drop comes out. But anyways, as an eyeshadow primer this is does not work for me. It creases. The only good thing about is that it evens out my eyelid color.
As of right now, Im using this more as a foundation primer. But it works well for this purpose even though thats not what it is designed for (found this out when I accidently pumped too much out). If this came in a big bottle, I would buy it to use under foundation, but since it doesn't, I'm gonna stick to UD.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by cames87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so disappointed in this product. I usually love Benefit. I have oily lids and this did absolutely nothing for me. My eyeshadow creased like crazy! I am going to be returning this. MAC paint pots work 100x better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Truc

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HUGE disappointment. I'd used "F.Y.Eye" primer for years (seriously, I think I started using it in 2003) to keep my eyeshadow from creasing on my oily eyelids and loved it. Then I went to Sephora to replace my latest jar and only found this, but figured I'd give it a try. It doesn't work. At all. Eyeshadow creases horribly; I can't see any benefit from wearing this versus wearing no primer. I'm going to be trying to return it, and I guess I'm on the market for an eyeshadow primer again. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Cellardoor367

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer gives full coverage. I wear it under my eyes and up to my eyebrows, it seems to have a little bit of a yellowish tint which is awesome for covering up circles and dark spots, sometimes i dont use concealer under my eyes because it gives me enough coverage. It has a thick consistency but it is not sticky or slimy, it does need to dry completely - like any primer.

My only complaint is that waaaay too much comes out of the bottle with just one pump. I always end up wasting half of it. I tried putting the extra in a make up sample pot which sort of worked. And after plenty of use I know how to half pump it now to save the product, its still a pain in the butt though! All in all, I would buy it again and was very happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by powlie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

dispenses too much product and gives a bit of a sheen..that i don't want. it didn't provide enough coverage on its own and when topped off with concealer, it looked and felt too heavy. i tried it under bb concealer and MUFE FC concealer for reference