BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. NĀ° 04940/N

on 8/21/2010 3:41:00 AM

Hate it. It does nothing. Actually, even worse, i have the impression my shadows stay on better without any primer than with this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic eye primer, and my eyeshadow stays put from about 7am to 9pm. However, I do use decent eyeshadows (Estee Lauder and Lancome) and I'm not sure how much that has to do with it. I also use it as a concealer all over which works brilliantly.

I wish I could score it as a 5, but the thing which brings down my score is the wretched pump. It's just rubbish. By the nature of the product, you need a very small amount. The pump squirts out loads, causing mess and waste, and is really hard to make it dispense just a very small amount.

When mine runs out I will buy it again, but I hope by then that Benefit has rectified the issue with the pump.

on 8/12/2010 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The product is great and it really works. Benefit really needs to repackage this product because it does cause a lot of waste. I've been practicing on little pumps which works pretty well even so, i feel i should have to put in so much effort when they should just give you a product that doesn't pump out so much product. Like everything else in Benefit, a little goes a long way so it is a great value. I recommend it to all of my friends.

on 8/8/2010 11:05:00 PM

I was looking for a primer that would double as an eyeshadow and under eye. The sales associate at Sephora told me about this product and gave me a little sample. I love it!
Quite surprised by the reviews and overall rating on here. I used it all around the eye area. I have a MAJOR problem with creasing and my eyeshadow has stayed put all day. I applied at 9:30 this morning, it is now 9 pm and it looks flawless. Not perfect on the under eyes, but a big improvement. My concealer would be sinking into fine lines and worn off by the end of the day. I had a little bit of it sinking, but the pigment has lasted all day as well.
Definitely going back to pick this up. I'm just not too thrilled about the packaging...seemed a little hard to control at the store.

on 8/5/2010 4:35:00 PM

Absolutely perfect as a primer and a concealer. Makes my shadow last much longer and covers well. Had a tiny sample bottle and it lasted me FOREVER. Benefit has hits and misses but this one is a hit in my book. UPDATE: It is not the best eye primer as I have found out from using better ones but it is the best combo primer/concealer and I appreciate the dual "benefit".

on 8/4/2010 7:03:00 PM

i stumbled upon this product while i was looking for a primer that would make my concealer stay put all night. after trying a little bit of it on my under eye area at the store, i liked it enough to purchase it and bring it home. it does what it promises to do, my concealer stayed on for over 12 hours even through humidity. my eye makeup stayed on longer than usual (without any primer) but not as long as my concealer did. it is kinda cakey to put on and takes some work to blend in but to me is worth the effort. the only thing i dislike about this product is the pump itself that the primer comes in. it's hard to pump out just a little bit of product, and just a little bit is all u need for each eye area. overall i like this primer and would recommend it to anyone that wants their concealer and eye makeup to "stay don't stray" ;)

on 7/29/2010 2:27:00 AM

Dreadful. I am so bummed, too. I'm generally quite happy with BeneFit's products... First lets start with the packaging... awful. It comes in a pump tube, sanitary, but dispenses waaaay too much makeup (like 4x too much) which is a huge waste. Even if you try to just push the pump down a little bit, still waaay too much product. The correcting part was pretty good, for about 20 minutes, then it was crease-city all under my eyes. It did work fairly well for an eyeshadow primer, made a nice neutral base so the colors really popped and stayed on rather well, but again... had a problem with creasing. A better bet for a shadow primer is Too Faced "Shadow Insurance"... best thing I've used so far and great packaging, too.

on 7/28/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

For me this is just one of the best primers/concealers that I have tried
and it makes your eyeshadow last along time...Yay! that's a big plus in my book. I have pics that shows the staying power that this product has. I bought this on Sephora, it's a travel size kit that comes with...
the earse paste, and creaseless eyeshadow in R.S.V.P, the kit cost me $ 10 and for a small price, you get alot for your money.

My only downfall, is that it's very hard to blend and leaves a cakey look to your eyes. I have to use powder to set the primer/concealer and I have a flawless look all day. I would recommend this product.

BeneFit has big cool points with me!!!

on 7/25/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was interested in getting this when it first came out, but didn't based on the reviews here on MUA and also on YouTube. However, I got a sample of it from Sephora, and from the first use I simply love it! Background: I have dark undereye circles that seem to get worse over time; I have been going from one concealer to the next and getting discouraged that none would completely conceal and none would stay put for more than an hour. Creamy-formula concealers caused my eyeliner and mascara to smudge, so I'd been using less of these products and staying away from black. Since getting this product, I have been using it as a base for concealer and eyeshadow. After using a thin layer underneath my eyes (on top of eye cream), the darkness is already lightened; the concealer applied is more color-true (so I can use less); MIRACULOUSLY stays put all day; and my eyeliner does not smudge. I am extremely happy with this product, since now I don't have to put on three coats of concealer, and I don't have to carry them around with me to do touch-ups throughout the day. However, I should say, this product does not perform as well as an eyeshadow base, as compared to other popular shadow bases, like UDPP or MAC Paint Pots. It creases a little bit if I use it on the top eyelid. However, this is the ONLY product that works as primer on the undereye. I will keep buying it forever.

on 7/22/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product on the recommendation of a sales lady who loved it. I'm not sure why. Sure my lids didn't crease but there was nothing to crease because I couldn't get my eye shadow to stick. I'm returning it and going back the the Bare Minerals prime time. I only changed because they were out of it and I was desperate.

Video Reviews & Tutorials