February 1, 2015 | 1369 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by kimichka

Dreadful. I am so bummed, too. I'm generally quite happy with BeneFit's products... First lets start with the packaging... awful. It comes in a pump tube, sanitary, but dispenses waaaay too much makeup (like 4x too much) which is a huge waste. Even if you try to just push the pump down a little bit, still waaay too much product. The correcting part was pretty good, for about 20 minutes, then it was crease-city all under my eyes. It did work fairly well for an eyeshadow primer, made a nice neutral base so the colors really popped and stayed on rather well, but again... had a problem with creasing. A better bet for a shadow primer is Too Faced "Shadow Insurance"... best thing I've used so far and great packaging, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by NikkiC2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me this is just one of the best primers/concealers that I have tried
and it makes your eyeshadow last along time...Yay! that's a big plus in my book. I have pics that shows the staying power that this product has. I bought this on Sephora, it's a travel size kit that comes with...
the earse paste, and creaseless eyeshadow in R.S.V.P, the kit cost me $ 10 and for a small price, you get alot for your money.

My only downfall, is that it's very hard to blend and leaves a cakey look to your eyes. I have to use powder to set the primer/concealer and I have a flawless look all day. I would recommend this product.

BeneFit has big cool points with me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was interested in getting this when it first came out, but didn't based on the reviews here on MUA and also on YouTube. However, I got a sample of it from Sephora, and from the first use I simply love it! Background: I have dark undereye circles that seem to get worse over time; I have been going from one concealer to the next and getting discouraged that none would completely conceal and none would stay put for more than an hour. Creamy-formula concealers caused my eyeliner and mascara to smudge, so I'd been using less of these products and staying away from black. Since getting this product, I have been using it as a base for concealer and eyeshadow. After using a thin layer underneath my eyes (on top of eye cream), the darkness is already lightened; the concealer applied is more color-true (so I can use less); MIRACULOUSLY stays put all day; and my eyeliner does not smudge. I am extremely happy with this product, since now I don't have to put on three coats of concealer, and I don't have to carry them around with me to do touch-ups throughout the day. However, I should say, this product does not perform as well as an eyeshadow base, as compared to other popular shadow bases, like UDPP or MAC Paint Pots. It creases a little bit if I use it on the top eyelid. However, this is the ONLY product that works as primer on the undereye. I will keep buying it forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by wmorodomi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on the recommendation of a sales lady who loved it. I'm not sure why. Sure my lids didn't crease but there was nothing to crease because I couldn't get my eye shadow to stick. I'm returning it and going back the the Bare Minerals prime time. I only changed because they were out of it and I was desperate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I like the lightweight texture and it absorbs quickly however it is not enough for my oily lids as my mu still creases. As for the packaging Benefit has a helpful youtube video on how to use the pump so you don't waste the product. Just tap the top of the pump lightly a few times rather than pushing the pump all the way down. hth

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its pretty good product. My favorite eyeshadow is stila kitten eyeshadow and it creases like crazy. I decided to try Stay dont Stray and then wear Kitten eyeshadow. This product is too white on my lids, turn the kitten pink shimmer into white colored eyeshadow. I usually wear UDPP and it looks more natural doesnt change the color of any eyeshadow I wear....see this product may work for other girls but I have tan skin (NC40-NC42) and it looks obvious Im wearing white primer and eyeshadow. I'll continue with UDPP until I can find a neutral medium beige primer. Just using my foundation on my lids does the trick for me. The performance of this product is well worth it if you can work with this product. My stila kitten eyeshadow stayed on all and at that end of the day, I had some creasing (not alot but some). The product does work, but just not my color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by LuvHair101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I saw a big difference with my eye shadows staying on way longer. This is an awesome product and your eye makeup stays on all day you can also use this before you put concealer on which is good I recommend this product for an eye primer. And it's also not watery like other eye primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's the first eye-specific primer I've tried, and it really makes a HUGE difference to the staying power of my eyeshadow. The colour is really great on my pale skin, and blends into a nice base that helps coloured eyeshadows really pop. I find that cream eyeshdows don't crease as much, and powders last longer, and stay exactly how I applied them.

I have it in a smaller sample size that I got as part of a benefit kit, so can't comment on the packaging of the regular version.

I would 100% buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this works well as an undereye corrector or lid corrector not primer. Reason being, the consistency is too thick. It's like heavy foundation and I don't think that's what everyone wants in an eyeshadow primer. You have to use very little amount to get the effect you want. I just generally don't like it. Plus it's a tad too pink so for tanned skins I do think this is a bad idea. (MAC NC42/43)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by caroe7

I guess it's okay, but this is my first eyeshadow primer so I don't have anything to compare it to. I used to just put Clinique liquid concealer on my lids to prime which worked about the same as this stuff. I hate the pump though. I only push it down probably about 1/4 of the way and I still get way too much. I think I will buy UDPP next time.