December 29, 2014 | 1842 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I like the lightweight texture and it absorbs quickly however it is not enough for my oily lids as my mu still creases. As for the packaging Benefit has a helpful youtube video on how to use the pump so you don't waste the product. Just tap the top of the pump lightly a few times rather than pushing the pump all the way down. hth

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its pretty good product. My favorite eyeshadow is stila kitten eyeshadow and it creases like crazy. I decided to try Stay dont Stray and then wear Kitten eyeshadow. This product is too white on my lids, turn the kitten pink shimmer into white colored eyeshadow. I usually wear UDPP and it looks more natural doesnt change the color of any eyeshadow I wear....see this product may work for other girls but I have tan skin (NC40-NC42) and it looks obvious Im wearing white primer and eyeshadow. I'll continue with UDPP until I can find a neutral medium beige primer. Just using my foundation on my lids does the trick for me. The performance of this product is well worth it if you can work with this product. My stila kitten eyeshadow stayed on all and at that end of the day, I had some creasing (not alot but some). The product does work, but just not my color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by LuvHair101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I saw a big difference with my eye shadows staying on way longer. This is an awesome product and your eye makeup stays on all day you can also use this before you put concealer on which is good I recommend this product for an eye primer. And it's also not watery like other eye primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's the first eye-specific primer I've tried, and it really makes a HUGE difference to the staying power of my eyeshadow. The colour is really great on my pale skin, and blends into a nice base that helps coloured eyeshadows really pop. I find that cream eyeshdows don't crease as much, and powders last longer, and stay exactly how I applied them.

I have it in a smaller sample size that I got as part of a benefit kit, so can't comment on the packaging of the regular version.

I would 100% buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this works well as an undereye corrector or lid corrector not primer. Reason being, the consistency is too thick. It's like heavy foundation and I don't think that's what everyone wants in an eyeshadow primer. You have to use very little amount to get the effect you want. I just generally don't like it. Plus it's a tad too pink so for tanned skins I do think this is a bad idea. (MAC NC42/43)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by caroe7

I guess it's okay, but this is my first eyeshadow primer so I don't have anything to compare it to. I used to just put Clinique liquid concealer on my lids to prime which worked about the same as this stuff. I hate the pump though. I only push it down probably about 1/4 of the way and I still get way too much. I think I will buy UDPP next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by InCognito1223

I as well purchased the sample kit. The stay don't stray seemed very liquidy and didn't do much as far as staying power....i'm on the fence about the erase paste. I want to like it but i'm not sure same as the shadow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by susjs

Bought this recently in the mini-kit sold at Sephora along with RSVP cream shadow/liner and Erase Paste. Thankfully it wasn't the full size because this primer is by far the worst I've ever tried; and I've tried many including UDPP, Laura Mericer, MAC paint pots, Nars, Lorac, etc. The only good thing I can say is the neutral pinky-beige colour of this cream is a good match for my skintone. [Armani LSF 5, Bobbi Brown Sand, Laura Mercier TM in Nude.] My eyelids are slightly oily half-way through the day--typically shadows will hold and then fade evenly after about 8 hrs. of wear. With this, I noticed pools of smeary mess as my shadows disappeared after only about 3 hrs. of wear. I'd seriously be better off with no primer than this under my shadows! If zero lippies was an option, this would win for one of the worst-performing products I've ever tried--chucking it immediately but thought it was worth warning others that there are far better primer options.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by AshLovePeace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

If any of you have sensitive, watery eyes like me you know how important a good eye primer is! This product is pretty good, but of course it could be better. I was very excited to try it because unlike any other primer I have used, it is tinted just like a concealer. That part of stay-don't-stray I do love love love! It goes on nicely and does stay put for the most part. On hot days I do notice some creasing under my eye, but it does work better than other primers i have tried. The packaging is cute, and functional. It comes in a pump, just make sure you use half a pump because a little goes a long way with this product, My mom also purchased this and says it stings her eyes. I haven't experienced that, but just something ot watch for when first using it. I love benefit and am probably going to purchase this again. Might try another primer first to compare, but I do love the tint on this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This primer works ok, like Too Faced shadow insurance, but not as good as UDPP. It has color so it may cover any discolorations and veins on your eyelids. I don't have that problem, so it's not a bonus for me. I use Benefit creaseless cream shadow on top of this as a primer, then i apply powder shadow, and my eyeshadow lasts for 3-4 hours before it starts to crease. With UDPP, it won't crease all day! Again, get this primer if you want something opaque like a concealer to cover up. But it's not a concealer and kind of drying and cakey.