April 16, 2014 | 2118 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Natural Eye Kit

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm having a bit of a hard time rating this. I liked some for the shaodws...Heaven (classic your lid but better color), Velvet Revolver (great soft medium brown for the crease) and Erotica (amazing as a liner...but Heaven and Velvet Revolver are not unique at all. Silk Teddy, Nude Beach, Honey Pot and Cocoa Puff are all to glittery and frosty and just have way to much fall out for me to be bothered. Life to short to use eye shadow the spews shimmer all over your under eye area and cheeks. The little flash card instructions are cute but kind of patronizing, like...I can't place my own shadows...TF has to be all captian obvious is saying where to put certain colors. I mean I know you can use whichever shades you want but still the cards are cute only. Not terribley helpful. And the whole palette is insanely bulky. I don't think I would rebuy...but I'm not ready to trash it or swap it. Meh on this one, take it or leave it I suppose and definately leave it if fallout pisses you off even half as much as it does me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product for people who feel intimidated by trying new makeup looks (like myself). The cards really help me, and the pigment of the eyeshadows are really great. I love all of the "looks" in this set. They look natural and glamorous at the same time! The first day I wore this stuff, people immediately noticed and complimented me. I think this set is worth every penny (especially since I paid $34 for 9 colors). It's quality stuff, and I recommend it! I can't wait to purchase the matching smokey eye palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am normally not a palette fan, but when I saw this at Sephora I had to have it! The colors are all very nice, beautiful neutrals, some shimmers and a few mattes. I have never found a palette where I loved all the colors, but this one fits the bill. The colors are also very smooth and VERY pigmented. And you could come up with a ton of different looks, so it won't get boring. I didn't think it was expensive at all, especially for the quality and how much I will be using it. This was definitely a hit with Too Face (I think it is even better than the UD BOS)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best palettes that I have ever purchased. I bought the natural eye palette for myself after using it on a client. They loved it and so did I. The shadows are very wearable and the quality is fantastic. They blend effortlessly and are more pigmented than other pricy shadows. The price is also pretty reasonable since you are getting 9 gorgeous shades for $34.00. This is definitely worth purchasing :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

This is a lovely kit that comes with a total of nine eye shadows for three different looks: 1. "Day" in "Heaven," "Velvet Revolver" and "Sexpresso;" 2. "Classic" in "Silk Teddy," "Push-Up," and "Erotica;" 3. "Fashion" in "Nude Beach," "Honey Pot," and "Cocoa Puff." The kit also comes with handy flash cards for eye shadow application and a brush with an eyeliner brush on one side and a sponge applicator on the another.

This kit pretty much lived up to my expectations because it provided a natural eye. "Day" is matte which is nice for a work environment. "Classic" is also nice for daytime and are pearlized shadows. "Fashion" contains glitter so I think it is more appropriate for evening (or high school!). Anyway, each of the combinations are neutral looking so you get a nice supple look - you wear the shadow instead of the shadow wearing you. The shadows are easy to apply and very forgiving. Plus, the flashcards help to give you an idea of what to do. I'm not good at applying eye shadow at all but this kit made it very EASY - I am really learning a lot.

My only complaints are minor about this kit. To begin with, I would have preferred if it came with a bristle brush instead of a sponge applicator for ease of application. Second, I was disappointed by the "Fashion" eye shadows due to their glitter - when I think of a natural/neutral eye, glitter does not come to mind. The shades were nice enough, but I would have preferred something more wearable. Finally, the shades in general (with the exception of the "Classic" shades) were very nice but not a "ten." I can't put my finger on it, but the shadows left me wanting something. Perhaps it was because they were so neutral that they tended to blend together so much - I don't know. I guess I had hoped for a "wow" factor. But like I said, this is a lovely kits and accomplishes its mission for a natural/neutral eye.

Oh - and one more complaint: these shadows aren't available individually - you can only buy them as part of the kit. I HATE it when companies do that!

UPDATE: I love the "Classic" eye shadows now more than ever! They compliment each other perfectly and really make my eyes look radiant. Plus, the shadows can easily provide a daytime look or a nighttime look simply by varying how much you apply. I give the "Classic" an A+++!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I had an extremely hard time rating this palette. On the one hand, I recognize that it's a nice palette and the tutorial cards are fantastic, but on the other hand, I did not like it. I like the dark colors but the midtone and highlight colors, with the exception of the "Day" colors, were super frosty and shiny. Nude Beach was ridiculously glittery and completely unwearable. I just cannot wear such frosty shadows, but even if I could, I don't believe that shiny eye makeup can be called "natural."

I think this palette is a good buy if you already like the colors and shiny eyeshadow or if you're a beginner (I gave my palette to a friend who doesn't have much makeup and she loved it), but if you're like me and you already have a ton of eyeshadows, I don't think it's such a good value. I'm finding that as I build up my eyeshadow collection, I have less and less use for premade palettes since I either already have similar colors and will only need one or two of the shadows in the palette or I only like one or two colors in the palette. I would not call this a good value, especially since the colors in the palette aren't available as singles. Take a cue from The Balm, Too Faced.

I'm a neutral girl myself but I thought the colors in this palette were incredibly boring. The darkest shades had good payoff but the light and medium shades were underwhelming. I can put together a more flattering natural eye for myself. In all honesty, this palette will probably not impress those with even a moderate collection (moderate in MUA standards, lol) who are perhaps more experienced at coordinating colors and creating their own eye designs.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this pallette! It has nine lovely coordinating shades from light to dark. All the colors are neutral and wearable. The cards show you have to make three different natural eye looks and are easy to follow. Most of the shades have a fair amount of shimmer, so if you are looking for more matte shades this wouldn't be for you. However I can wear all of these and pull it off at 34 without looking like a fool. :-) The colors are just perfect. Amazing staying power, awesome pigmentation. The brush that it comes with ddn't work for me but other than that this pallette is a complete hit. This would also make a great gift for the ladies in your life - you really can't go wrong with it. I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

I will admit to initally picking this up because of the packaging
-chuckles- SOO pretty and soft I figured the shadows had to be awesome right?

PROS/LOVES:

- SUPER pigmented!! I swiped these shadows with the tips of my fingers and Holy Cannoli Batman! SUPER pigmentaion! My complexion is NC44/45 and usually even with MAC shadows in these neutrals especially gold, I REALLY need to build them up because they blend in almost immediately and you cant tell I have anything on. NOT with this palette! One swipe and its in your face so you may want to go with a lighter hand on this.

- EASY to blend; the shadows all compliment one another and are really well milled and go on super smooth. The palette also comes with these little cards showing you how to do various looks with the colors.

- PRICE=WEE! You get the cards, the super cute palette, 6 small square shaped eyeshadows and 3 large rectangle shadows that are lighter shades all for only $34.000! Really good deal because off how pigmented these are so a little will go a super long way I think. So I probably would not repurchase only because of how long these would last. But if it broke (NO!) I def would :)

- CONVENIENCE! I love that all these blend nicely and are in one palette. Makes it really easy to use this as my everyday palette for work and play; just pop it into the bag with some dark brown liquid liner and black mascara and I am good to go!

CONS:

Havent found any real cons yet but I guess one might be the fact most of these shadows are VERY shimmery so despite it saying its a "natural" look, its really not. Its PRETTY and I love warm shimmery shades because of my golden undertones, but people who wnat a super matte natural look might not care for these. I reccomend trying them though. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by MacMacke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had a Sephora gift card and it was burning a hole in my pocket. After walking around Sephora for about 45 mins, I saw this, and there was only one left. I'm a fan of natural shades, and so I gravitated towards it from across the room. I love it!!! I'm in love with the matte shades, and I tend to buy shades with slightly more shimmer, and the matte shades are going to be such a great compliment to my many other eye shadows that I own. The packaging is very cute, and folds up really nice, so it can easily be dropped in a drawer for keeping. The colors blend so well together too, and I'm super impressed with the pigmentation. There are a few shimmery shades, but the shimmer is slight enough it can easily be worn to work, or you can apply heavier for a great night look. Loving it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by lilhottiencali

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Jerrod does it again! I love this eye kit. I love color and not really into browns but this was a serious exception! I love that it has matte shadows. My favorite in the kit are velvet revolver, nude beach and honey pot. I wore it at work today and at the end of the day I purchased it. If you want more color this a great basic kit, you can always add colored eyeliner or mascara. I believe it is a great value.