February 28, 2015 | 2008 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by cossard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd been eying this lip balm for quite some time and after receiving a 20% off coupon from Sephora, finally caved in and purchased it. I wish I had sooner!

The color is really beautiful, it gives just a hint of rosy-red tint and a subtle shine to your lips. It smells like sugar and lemon - really nice. It's incredibly moisturizing. With other lip tints I've tried, I felt the need to layer something underneath for moisture, but this is perfect on its own. The staying power is phenomenal as well, better than any balm I've used before. I put on a bit (2 swipes!) about 2 hours ago and as I type this, my lips look just as nice as they did when it was freshly applied. Though the price is quite high (even with a discount), I can justify it knowing that a little goes a long way and it does not need constant reapplication. The packaging is lovely, too, and handy as my dog can't chew through it like she does with plastic tubes. ;P

Overall, this is definitely worth the cost to me. I absolutely love it! It's sure to become a staple in my daily makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After the couple years I've spent buying and trying makeup, I don't find the price of this treatment unreasonable at all. I would have spent WAY more than $22 looking for a workable chapstick, and this doesn't have any of the ingredients in it like mineral oil that cause the cycle of chapped, cracked lips which is the cause of many a friend of mine's lip balm addiction lol.

The color is really good for me. I have very pale skin, and the light touch of rose color is all I really need, since I rather enjoy doing a dramatic eye. Some have said you can't put this on without a mirror... I must have the exact lips this was made for, since it always looks fine when I look at it after I've applied it blind.

I have noticed it is soft and spreads very nicely. I LOVE the sturdy metal tube, but I can understand how the metal could help it to melt in warm climates. Since I bought this to keep my lips soft in NYC in the Winter, however, it keeps it's form perfectly even if I take it with me. Usually I keep it on my vanity during the day so I can apply it in the morning, then I use it again at night to keep my lips from becoming chapped overnight, and keep it next to the bed. It has worked 100% perfectly, exactly the way it is advertised.

I think I may have a little less than half the tube left after buying it about a month and a half ago. I'm going to buy another one as soon as Sephora's Friend's and Family sale starts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip balm. The pinkish rosey tint works really well on my lips making them look a little better than bare. RIS though so when I received it, it was melted off to one side, making it a little hard to work with. Every time I screw it up I have to push it back down with my finger. Anywho, I guess I can't complain since I only paid shipping! I just don't understand why such a dummy would put such a soft product in a metal tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by clink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros :
Very moisturizing
Plumped my lips with a light touch of amazing color
If you don't like heavy lip color, this is for you!

Cons:
Packaging was a tad heavy
Price is a little steep for lip balm

This is already my 2nd tube. Gonna try the plum color next!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, this stuff is great!!! First off, the price is justifiable because of how much product is in this, and I love the color!! And this is sooooooo moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not worth the money. I've been experimenting with lipsticks lately, so I was hoping to pamper my lips a bit, but this really was nothing impressive. Kind of waxy, strong smell, doesn't soak into my lips to moisturize. I'm also not thrilled with the packaging, since twisting it to get the cap off leads me to twisting up the chapstick, and as others have stated, it is really flimsy. It always feels like the stick is moving around and about to fall off. It's not a bad chapstick, but it is nowhere near worth over $10, much less the $22 they charge for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by chesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have never been so squarely in the middle on a product...ever. I've been wanting this since it came out but just did not want to pay the price. I finally bit and bought it. Hey. I'm turning 47 in a couple of weeks...why not? Well, because really, truth be told here, I can get these benefits out of Nivea's Kiss of Cherry (for the color with better payoff) and Nivea's Kiss of Moisture (for the feel and moisturization). At 6 bucks for those combined, it's still way less than $22.50 for this product. Granted, the packaging on this tube is amazing and no more will I have to really worry that my basset hound Emma, who loves lip balms, will go after this one and chew it to shreds. But even so...$22.00?? I don't think so. It's luxurious; it's nice and, if you have the expendable cash, it's certainly worth a try if you're looking for a very moisturizing lip balm with good SPF...but this product is incredibly flimsy, soft, and personally, I don't twist it up a millimeter beyond the inner tube itself for fear it will break. When I apply it, I can feel the color core "wiggle" around in its housing. In short, I can't recommend it unless you want a REAL splurge. I probably won't buy it again...but I don't regret trying it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by NickelEmily

I like all of the fresh lip balms a lot. The rose it a very natural color on me--a very barely there color. The balm is very moisturizing. You don't need to reaply this a lot as the moistizing effect is long lasting. I also tried the plum version. I like that one a bit more, as there is more color payoff on my lips. Both are great though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I have mixed feelings about this product. I received it as a gift and, though, I do enjoy using it in the summer due to the spf 15 factor, I don't love it enough to repurchase. The color is okay, but not something I would wear by itself. The formula is super rich and emollient, and can my my lips feel coated if I apply too much. That said, It is moisturizing and the effect does last a looong time on the lips, which is the main purpose of a good lip balm.
Now, my least favorite aspect of this is that it melts like crazy when exposed to heat. Forget about carrying this in your purse in the summer or bringing to the beach, unless you want the contents to pour out of the tube as soon as you unscrew it. I don't know if it's the formula or the tube it comes in, but either way it is a real pain.
Speaking of the tube, it is very elegant and cool looking when you first get it, but after a while the black lettering comes off and it starts to look cheap. Perhaps not a huge deal, but for the price I'd expect better quality packaging.
All in all, this does its job when it comes to keeping your lips hydrated and protected all day, but it just has too many cons for me to consider purchasing it in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by missleeee

I was afraid the rose tint would be too red at first but I was pleasantly surprised that it was so sheer and the formula very moisturizing. It's great for long days when you have to freshen up quick.

It's a bit expensive but when I think about the other alternatives out there it's just makes sense to splurge and get the quality product. I