Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 12/30/2010 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

When I first used this, I loved it. But I put it aside for about a month and the next time I used it, I absolutely hated it! It's pretty expensive for what it is, and not particularly emollient. The scent also became cloying so I found myself disgusted with this lip treatment. It's more moisturizing than say, the Caudelie lip conditioning stick, which I found to be hard and waxy. It imparts a slight rosey tint to my pigmented lips and doesn't smell like rose (like I first thought), but more like a light lemon-sugar. I think you're mostly paying for the sturdy packaging, which is the only thing I actually like about this product. I'd rather use Burt's Bees chapstick for <$3, which is just as or more "natural" than this pretentious lip balm.

I tried SO hard to love this product. I purchased it in Sephora after a sales rep ranted and raved about it. Although this product cost $22.50, I didn't hesitate to purchase it because my lips were so chapped and I was told it would make my lips amazing. I used the entire tube within a month and my lips have not seen improvement. I know different products work differently on every individual however, it didn't work for me. I love the packaging and color but that's about it.

If you get a chance, try Lip Butter by Korres. Wonderful product for a decent price!

on 12/14/2010 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can not believe I haven't reviewed this sooner! I am a gloss, chapstick girl and have always been on the lookout for chapstick like products that are a) not tested on animals b)don't contain crazy cancer causing substances (I mean, you do kind of eat it off your lips) and have spf in them. I do have an Aveda lip tint that I LOVE, however hubby always complains when I smooch him with it on (he says it stinks). So last Christmas I drug him into Sephora on a mission to find a "non smelly" lip product. Then end result was this. I find it super moisturizing, sweet smelling (reminds me of lemonaid!) and it gives my very pale pout a lovely rosy color. No complaints about this I used up my first tube and repurchased and I intend to do it again and again!

on 12/14/2010 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When will I learn? I bought this for the second time this month after having purchased it last year when it first came out.

Pros: nice fragrance ("fresh" sweet), nice soft pink color,
pretty container

Cons: it really isn't moisturizing at all. It sits on top of the lips instead of being absorbed, ridiculously overpriced.

I like to have little luxuries, but this is one that is just a painful waste of money. I don't know why I didn't learn my lesson the first time--I guess I am a sucker for the pretty metallic pink packaging and the fresh fragrance.

I will not repurchase..... I will not repurchase........(I am reminding myself)

on 11/24/2010 6:35:00 PM

Holy grail, one of my favorite luxuries. Like the original this balm is rich without feeling heavy or waxy, heals and soothes like a dream, and contains SPF. The tint is a subtle but buildable healthy pink flush; it definitely brightens my pigmented lips, and the color (and moisture) linger after eating and drinking. I love that I can slather this on with abandon and look pretty, not like a hot mess. (Re: wiggling and breaking issues, twist it up like chapstick, not lipstick.)

on 11/23/2010 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was very skeptical about purchasing this given the high price. But it really works. It is very moisturizing and makes my lips feel silk. The sugary lemon scent is light and great and the color simply enhances my pink-rose lip color. It has a very light sheen to it. The only reason I may not repurchase is cost. Aveda lip balm does the same thing without the color for a lot less.

on 11/14/2010 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'd been eying this lip balm for quite some time and after receiving a 20% off coupon from Sephora, finally caved in and purchased it. I wish I had sooner!

The color is really beautiful, it gives just a hint of rosy-red tint and a subtle shine to your lips. It smells like sugar and lemon - really nice. It's incredibly moisturizing. With other lip tints I've tried, I felt the need to layer something underneath for moisture, but this is perfect on its own. The staying power is phenomenal as well, better than any balm I've used before. I put on a bit (2 swipes!) about 2 hours ago and as I type this, my lips look just as nice as they did when it was freshly applied. Though the price is quite high (even with a discount), I can justify it knowing that a little goes a long way and it does not need constant reapplication. The packaging is lovely, too, and handy as my dog can't chew through it like she does with plastic tubes. ;P

Overall, this is definitely worth the cost to me. I absolutely love it! It's sure to become a staple in my daily makeup routine.

on 10/17/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After the couple years I've spent buying and trying makeup, I don't find the price of this treatment unreasonable at all. I would have spent WAY more than $22 looking for a workable chapstick, and this doesn't have any of the ingredients in it like mineral oil that cause the cycle of chapped, cracked lips which is the cause of many a friend of mine's lip balm addiction lol.

The color is really good for me. I have very pale skin, and the light touch of rose color is all I really need, since I rather enjoy doing a dramatic eye. Some have said you can't put this on without a mirror... I must have the exact lips this was made for, since it always looks fine when I look at it after I've applied it blind.

I have noticed it is soft and spreads very nicely. I LOVE the sturdy metal tube, but I can understand how the metal could help it to melt in warm climates. Since I bought this to keep my lips soft in NYC in the Winter, however, it keeps it's form perfectly even if I take it with me. Usually I keep it on my vanity during the day so I can apply it in the morning, then I use it again at night to keep my lips from becoming chapped overnight, and keep it next to the bed. It has worked 100% perfectly, exactly the way it is advertised.

I think I may have a little less than half the tube left after buying it about a month and a half ago. I'm going to buy another one as soon as Sephora's Friend's and Family sale starts.

on 10/9/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really like this lip balm. The pinkish rosey tint works really well on my lips making them look a little better than bare. RIS though so when I received it, it was melted off to one side, making it a little hard to work with. Every time I screw it up I have to push it back down with my finger. Anywho, I guess I can't complain since I only paid shipping! I just don't understand why such a dummy would put such a soft product in a metal tube!

on 9/14/2010 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros :
Very moisturizing
Plumped my lips with a light touch of amazing color
If you don't like heavy lip color, this is for you!

Cons:
Packaging was a tad heavy
Price is a little steep for lip balm

This is already my 2nd tube. Gonna try the plum color next!

Popular Lip Treatments