Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of the most moisturizing, soothing lip treatments I have ever tried -- the only product that comes close for me is Labello (which is also a fraction of the price). Still, I love the Rosť and the Plum colors, because they're so natural looking on any complexion.

The only drawback is that the product is SO soft, it literally melts on your mouth...and the tube. Keep it away from heat (i.e., out of your pocket), and don't press too hard when applying, because it will smash the product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My most favourite lip product ever!
It is nourishing, uber light-weight and has the loveliest natural rose colour. Unlike most lip treatments, this doesn't leave a waxy feel on the lips or an off-putting taste of plastic (it has a gorgeous citrus smell and taste).
Agreed that this is probably not the cheapest tinted lip balm around but that has not stopped me from repurchasing it.

I'm not gonna lie, this is a super nice product, a way of feeling fancy every time you touch up through the day. I love so many things about it -- the light citrus-sweet scent, the gorgeous rose color that instantly brightens up my whole face, (I would disagree with reviewers who say that this does not provide ample color, but that is probably because all of our lips are different shades), the SPF 15, and the luxurious feel of the packaging. The reason why I'm giving this four lippies instead of five is because it simply does not do what it's supposed to: in other words, its emollient properties are not quite up to par with something dirt cheap like Burt's Bees lip products, or Smith's Rosebud Lip Salve. Sugar's Rose Lip Treatment is nice for applying on smooth lips, but it does not, in any way, HELP when your lips are even slightly chapped. And of course, the other reason as so many people have mentioned, is that $22.50 for .15 oz or product is a bit too much. I bought it because my roommate had the Plum version (which imparts a deeper berry stain) that she raves about, but once I use it up I won't be buying it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE everything about this, except for the price. I have a couple of these now, (one for home, one for my purse, etc.) I was lucky enough to get them as part of holiday gift sets or for 20% off from various beauty sites, but still $18-$22 for a tinted lip balm is pretty steep. That said, though, its completely worth it considering how perfect this is for me. I love the natural look, ease of application, and moisturizing feel of tinted balms, but most are a disappointment to me in one way or another. But not Fresh Sugar Rose. The formula feels so smooth and moisturizing. The color is a true Ďroseí reddish-pink. It manages to go on sheer-but-not-too-sheer. Just enough to give my pale lips a natural looking pop of color. It has a pleasant scent and taste, kind of a lemony-rose scent (which sounds gross, but its actually subtle and quite nice). The lasting power is pretty good, the tint and moisture last about 2 hours for me, but it reapplies easily without a mirror, so I donít mind reapplying often. It does keep my lips moisturized as long as its on my lips and seems to prevent them from drying out. I donít consider this to be an intense lip Ďtreatmentí. I like the sturdy tube and twist-on cap. I donít like how the brushed metal tube gets all dinged-up in my purse. I wear Sugar Rose (or Sugar Plum) 5-6 days out of the week, so even though the price is steep, I feel like I get my moneys-worth. Iíve spent far more on my stash of barely-used lip products. This is as close as Iíve found to lip perfection, so as much as it pains me to shell out that much money for a lip product, Iíll continue to do so unless I (doubtfully) ever find something as good for less.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i wish i didn't like this so much! it's lightweight, moisturizing, and makes my lips feel so smooth. the color is faint, but adds a little something extra when i won't want to be made-up. i just wish it wasn't so expensive! $22.50 for a lip balm is ridiculous, even if it's amazing.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

When I first used this, I loved it. But I put it aside for about a month and the next time I used it, I absolutely hated it! It's pretty expensive for what it is, and not particularly emollient. The scent also became cloying so I found myself disgusted with this lip treatment. It's more moisturizing than say, the Caudelie lip conditioning stick, which I found to be hard and waxy. It imparts a slight rosey tint to my pigmented lips and doesn't smell like rose (like I first thought), but more like a light lemon-sugar. I think you're mostly paying for the sturdy packaging, which is the only thing I actually like about this product. I'd rather use Burt's Bees chapstick for <$3, which is just as or more "natural" than this pretentious lip balm.

I tried SO hard to love this product. I purchased it in Sephora after a sales rep ranted and raved about it. Although this product cost $22.50, I didn't hesitate to purchase it because my lips were so chapped and I was told it would make my lips amazing. I used the entire tube within a month and my lips have not seen improvement. I know different products work differently on every individual however, it didn't work for me. I love the packaging and color but that's about it.

If you get a chance, try Lip Butter by Korres. Wonderful product for a decent price!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can not believe I haven't reviewed this sooner! I am a gloss, chapstick girl and have always been on the lookout for chapstick like products that are a) not tested on animals b)don't contain crazy cancer causing substances (I mean, you do kind of eat it off your lips) and have spf in them. I do have an Aveda lip tint that I LOVE, however hubby always complains when I smooch him with it on (he says it stinks). So last Christmas I drug him into Sephora on a mission to find a "non smelly" lip product. Then end result was this. I find it super moisturizing, sweet smelling (reminds me of lemonaid!) and it gives my very pale pout a lovely rosy color. No complaints about this I used up my first tube and repurchased and I intend to do it again and again!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When will I learn? I bought this for the second time this month after having purchased it last year when it first came out.

Pros: nice fragrance ("fresh" sweet), nice soft pink color,
pretty container

Cons: it really isn't moisturizing at all. It sits on top of the lips instead of being absorbed, ridiculously overpriced.

I like to have little luxuries, but this is one that is just a painful waste of money. I don't know why I didn't learn my lesson the first time--I guess I am a sucker for the pretty metallic pink packaging and the fresh fragrance.

I will not repurchase..... I will not repurchase........(I am reminding myself)

Holy grail, one of my favorite luxuries. Like the original this balm is rich without feeling heavy or waxy, heals and soothes like a dream, and contains SPF. The tint is a subtle but buildable healthy pink flush; it definitely brightens my pigmented lips, and the color (and moisture) linger after eating and drinking. I love that I can slather this on with abandon and look pretty, not like a hot mess. (Re: wiggling and breaking issues, twist it up like chapstick, not lipstick.)

Popular Lip Treatments