October 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I have mixed feelings about this product. I received it as a gift and, though, I do enjoy using it in the summer due to the spf 15 factor, I don't love it enough to repurchase. The color is okay, but not something I would wear by itself. The formula is super rich and emollient, and can my my lips feel coated if I apply too much. That said, It is moisturizing and the effect does last a looong time on the lips, which is the main purpose of a good lip balm.
Now, my least favorite aspect of this is that it melts like crazy when exposed to heat. Forget about carrying this in your purse in the summer or bringing to the beach, unless you want the contents to pour out of the tube as soon as you unscrew it. I don't know if it's the formula or the tube it comes in, but either way it is a real pain.
Speaking of the tube, it is very elegant and cool looking when you first get it, but after a while the black lettering comes off and it starts to look cheap. Perhaps not a huge deal, but for the price I'd expect better quality packaging.
All in all, this does its job when it comes to keeping your lips hydrated and protected all day, but it just has too many cons for me to consider purchasing it in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by missleeee

I was afraid the rose tint would be too red at first but I was pleasantly surprised that it was so sheer and the formula very moisturizing. It's great for long days when you have to freshen up quick.

It's a bit expensive but when I think about the other alternatives out there it's just makes sense to splurge and get the quality product. I

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by panela05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is gorgeous and easy to wear. The formula is not at all sticky. It feels just like lip balm, but better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Felt good on. Easy to apply. Gives just a little color, which is not too cool of a pink. SPF!!

CONS: The smell took a little getting used to (rose?), but the longer it was on, the more used to it I got. It is VERY soft and I would suspect would melt very easily. Slightly large size makes it a little awkward to apply.

ALTERNATES: A decent dupe for this is Nivea's "A Kiss of Flavor Strawberry Tinted Lipcare."

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ditzygrrrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Smells great and has a sturdy metal case. It gives you a great tint, much better than any drugstore tinted lip balm I've used in the past but that price tag is keeping me from repurchasing ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. The color is AMAZING. I probably spent the same 22.50 on drugstore lip balm that just didn't do what this can. The moisture is wonderful, sun protection a great bonus and it tastes like a lipstick dipped in lemon curd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OH GREAT...here's yet another product that I feel I cannot live without. I was late to the party with these, but I finally ordered 2 from Sephora last week. When I got the shipment yesterday, I could not wait to try this and the plum one. I personally prefer the color of this one, but that may be because it is summer. I would see the plum being more wearable in the fall or winter. I love that these have SPF 15 - would prefer 30, but 15 is good. I would not categorize them as super long lasting, but they last a little longer than Chapstick. The real value in these IMO is the slight tint they provide, the yummy fragrance/flavor and the sturdy packaging. They are in a metal tube with a twist-on cap! They are super pricey though :( BUT...that will not keep me from buying again and again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ndrulle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I love the regular non-tinted Fresh Lip balm, this one is just so-so compared to it. The color is okay, but its a bit messy and I find I want to apply it like a regular chapstick but then it gets outside the lines of my lips. I guess you could chalk that up to user error though ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think i will be able to go with out this lip product. I love it so much... I live in California and my lips get very dry and chapped and this just keeps them hydrated and amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by emsteinyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product so much...I keep it in my purse and apply it all the time...it adds just the right amount of color to my lips...I'm not a lipstick person so this product compensates perfectly