November 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by candicec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it sure does work! i'm asian and had barely, barely any eyelashes at all. this is the first product that actually works. i can see a difference already, and i've only been using it for a month. it takes 16 weeks for full effect though..so hopefully they will get even longer!

soooo happy and excited! finally have hope for my poor lashes.

CC

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

IT WORKS!!!

First of all, I ordered the generic version from alldaychemist.com. I think it was $13-but the shipping is $24.90; still, quite a savings and the speed of delivery was impressive.

I have thin, pale lashes and I have a "blank" space on the lower lashes of my right eye. I always hated to wear mascara on the lower lashes because I would have to fill in that bald area with a bit of shadow.

I have only been using this for 2 and a half weeks and I have lower lashes growing in the bald spot for the first time in 10 years. My upper lashes are noticeably fuller, a wee bit darker and definitely longer! I am in heaven. I am always trying different brands of mascara and at first I thought I had just happened upon a Holy Grail product, but then when I was removing the mascara, it was apparent that my lashes were growing and getting a little darker.

I use one drop for both eyes, upper and lower and I apply it with a fine eyeliner brush. If there is excess, I apply it to the ends of my eyebrows. I have seen a tiny bit of growth there, but nothing as dramatic as my eyelashes.

Do be careful with application, as I have a pale taupe line on the upper and lower lash line where I apply the Lumigan. I wear liner, so I am not concerned but do avoid getting it on other parts of your face consistently.

I have not experienced any redness, "crusties," itching or irritation. I cannot say how elated I am to finally find something that really works!

EDITED 9/10/09-It's still working and I am delighted to add that it is working well on my eyebrows! I have hypothyroiditis and one of the effects of that is loss of eyebrows, especially the outer brow. I'm fair and have light brows, but I had reached a point where I had what looked like 10 hairs in each brow. Now I have more eyebrow and can fill them in with pencil and not look like I had to completely draw my brows on from scratch. I don't think I'll ever have Brooke Shields brows, but I am very happy with the regrowth, which is not dark.

As far as lashes, mine continue to grow. They are not a lot thicker, not curly or very noticeably darker, but boy-have they grown! Do be careful with application. I have suddenly had a few new lashes growing very close to my tear ducts because I was careless with application. I plucked 'em out.

I never had thick lashes so I don't really worry that this has not improved. The length is getting to be va va va voom and I am amazed and thrilled every time I curl my lashes and use mascara. GET THIS-IT IS AMAZING!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's brilliant. Nothing compares to this product for actually making your lashes longer.You need to be careful not to stain your eyelids, but other than that, it's perfect. I have had to give up my eyelash curlers because my lashes became so long.

It has also been great at growing longer eyebrow tails.

Make sure you get Lumigan or Latisse, because I have read that Careprost is made in China. And use the tiniest synthetic eyeliner brush you can find; a natural hair brush absorbs the product, and a larger brush WILL stain your eyelids purple. You can expect 4 or even 6 months use out of one bottle if you use it properly.

Edited to add, I'm so happy to read that this product is working well for the ladies who have had chemo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Alv64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a lucky girl, since I'm an Esthetician who works for a Dermatologist..I get Latisse for free and have an endless supply coming as long as I work there and keep selling it to my clients. I know, please don't hate me. Still, when we were given it to use I put mine away thinking "I'll get around to using this". Meanwhile, my Esthetician co-worker got busy using hers and she had nubby lashes to begin with. At 2 months she had noticable growth, at 4 months she has received the "rediculously long lashes" award. About 6 weeks ago when I noticed how amazing hers looked and all the clients of ours and patients of Dr. wanted to buy Latisse when they saw her lashes, I decided I better get busy and use it too.

I'm just shy of the 6 week mark and my lashes are looking soooo long. I also use it on my brows which are filling in and getting darker. I can't imagine how long my lashes will be at 4 months but I'm going to keep using it daily until then. I use one drop for both eyes and brows with a synthetic angle line brush.

UPDATE 8/23/09 At 10 weeks now and lashes are longer and quite fake looking with mascara on...lol I LOVE it!!!

UPDATE 9/27/09 At 15 weeks now and lashes look amazing!! I am still applying it nightly and will continue to do so...no maintenance for me...I want to see how crazy long these things will go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by lilackatz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only received my Lumigan this week so it is too soon to say how effective it is. The only thing I can say is that I use one drop for one eye and eyebrow and one for the other, I wear contact lenses and am now finding them really uncomfortable. I think my eyes have gone dry and my lids feel a bit sensitive. Not sure if this is just a temporary thing. Would be interested to hear if any other lens wearers have had the same problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by LauriesBoys

I have used Latisse for 2 months and the results are amazing. My lashes (which were average before) are now false eyelash dupes:
looong, thick and dark! My niece even asked me one morning why I didn't take off my make-up before going to bed! Now, I don't use mascara-just shadow and eyeliner.
As for the scary side effects, my doc explained that the darkening of the iris ususally happens when the drops are used in the eye, not on the skin.
In comparing the cost versus the results:priceless. This product delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lmaliski

I was going through a period of dry eye syndrome for 2 years. My lashes would fall out, my lash line would flake and I'd have bald spots on my eye lids. My eye doctor recommended Latisse to help with the lash growth. I have been using it for 4 months now, and almost all my lashes have grown back, and they are twice as long! Not only that, but seems that Latisse has also helped to keep the flakes away. My eye doctor has just about called my dry eyes cured! It's worth the money.

Oh...and I would never order anything from an online pharmacy and apply it on my lashes (aka Lumigan) without my doctor's approval and recommendation. I know Lumigan and Latisse are technically the same thing, but why risk it?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by leelamasson

At first I was in love. 4 to 5 weeks after use I was batting Bambi lashes and searching for a new mascara that didn't make my lashes look so fake they were that long. 4 more weeks later and I'm still in love and the envy of friends.
Then..... the bad news..... almost simultaneously the majority of my lashes fell out (ended their growth span?) leaving a few very long ones and the rest all but missing. I am hoping that this is some sort of growth coincidence but in the meantime I'm not very pleased with the bald spots and wearing dark glasses when and where possible. I will update on whether or not I manage to return to bambi or even normal status in due course.

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by denise8593

First off ladies let me tell you dont get suckered into buying Latisse when you can go to alldaychemist.com and get Lumigan which is the same thing for like 13 bucks a bottle. I just bought another two bottles and it cost me 50 bucks with shipping (they bang you on the shipping but its shipped express and I got mine in 7 days all the way from India) anyways let me just say this stuff works. I have been using for about 7 weeks and I notice a dramatic difference in my eyelashes and eyebrows. The only side effects I noticed on me was when I first started using it I would wake up with pink eye like crusties (but that has stopped) and my eyelid has darkened (which doesnt really bother me as now it looks like I am wearing a taupe eyeshadow) I use an eyeliner brush to apply and I use two drops for both eyelashes and eyelids. I want to see if one drop will cover all the areas so I can make it last longer. I bought 1000 hour eyelash dye and plan on dying my eyelashes here soon if I can find the time so that way I can go out without mascara. With one coat of mascara my eyelashes really pop. Buy this stuff ladies you will be lovin on it like I am.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by holly18421

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I am so impressed, I just bought my second container, the first lasted me 3 months. I only used one wand per day and it helped them last longer. My blond eyelashes are now darker and fuller and so much longer. I now only use a swipe or two of mascara to have over the top long lashes. People always ask is they are real, even my husband. I used to use the old(pulled from the shelves) formula of Revitalash, which worked well for me, the new formula not so much. This stuff is pricey but you can make it last and it works. I am hooked.