Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSEģ is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 9/13/2009 5:35:00 PM

I have been using Latisse for 5 months on my eyebrows an upper eyelashes. My eyelashes and eyebrows were very sparse. Now I have long eyebrows and thick eyebrows. I had some bald spots on eyelashes and I saw growth within 6 weeks. When I first started my eyes were irritated for about a week. Now I use a couple times a week. I use 2 drops time. The only bad thing is my lids are red. Not just a line at the lashline but the entire lid. The redness appeared the first week and never faded. One totally positive thing is new eyelash and eyebrow growth is dark. I used to have a problem with gray hairs in my eyebrows. I don't have that problem anymore. I've never tried on my lower lashes. I practically don't have any lower lashes. After reading reviews, I'm going to use it on my lower lashes. Just hope the product doesn't make my lower lids red. I have been buying Latisse from the drug store for $120. However, my insurance covers $20. I need a refill. I am going to purchase Lumigan online and give it a try. Will update review when or if I see results on lower lashes.

on 9/11/2009 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I LOVE Latisse. My cosmetic dermatologist recommended it at my last appointment and I've been using it for four months now. The first bottle lasted for three months, even using the terrible brushes that come with the drops, so you get a lot more value than you'd suppose from paying $100 per bottle.

I didn't have any itching but noticed my eyes were a little red in the morning if I applied too much Latisse the night before. I also have the slightest darkening on my eyelid at the lash line but it looks like eyeliner, which I don't mind at all!

I noticed moderate lash growth in the first eight weeks, and my most substantial improvements came in the last eight weeks. My lashes are thicker, about 1/3 longer, and curlier. I love the look of super-long lashes so still wear mascara, but I only have to apply one light coat and my lashes brush against my sunglass lenses.

Only downsides: the applicator brushes are cheap,harsh and scratchy - definitely buy an eyeliner brush instead. And lashes grow wherever you apply Latisse, so be aware. When I first started, I was applying a sweep from the very inner corner to very outer corner, and I have light lashes growing right by the inner corner of my eye, way further in than you would apply mascara.

on 9/11/2009 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This stuff is AMAZING! I have been using it for almost 3 months and I am SO happy with my results. I do however, have a little bit of darker skin on the top of my lid right along my lash line. But I never leave the house with out make up so no one sees that anyway.
In the first few weeks it did make my eyes water a little and I didn't notice anything until the 4th week but now I have length and MORE lashes. I first noticed a difference in length first and now I notice thicker and more lashes. I will defintely be using this stuff from now on! 100 bucks was defintely worth it IMO.

on 9/10/2009 10:18:00 AM

I just love this product. I had to stop using it every single night because my eyelashes were getting too long. It took about 3 weeks for me to really notice a difference, but it was a huge difference. I will continue to use this forever!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm editing a really long review to a shorter one.

This stuff is great. A+++. It works exactly like it says it does. My eyelashes went from short, fine, and reddish to very long, slightly thicker and dark brown. I didn't notice much until about 2 months and then they grew like crazy.

I bought my first two bottles at the dermatologist's office for about $220. The next two I bought at AllDayChemist online for $45 (total including shipping). In between the two purchases I had about 1.5 weeks with no Latisse. I do think my lashes are a teeny bit shorter but not much. They're still very long.

Do use an eyeliner brush and not the brushes they give you with the product. The one time I used their brushes I got so much of the product in my eyes that they were red and stinging for almost 24 hours.

You have to try this. It works.

on 9/1/2009 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for seven weeks and for some reason I thought eight weeks is when you're supposed to see full results but it's 12-16 weeks to see full results. I had no intentions of using this product because I was scared of the possible side effects. I have very sensitive eyes. The only reason I tried this product was because I did not have to pay for it. It was free from my dermatologist. Anyway, I'm glad I tried it because this stuff really does work! I saw results within two weeks, especially my bottom lashes. Since using this product, the new lashes that have grown in are much longer, thicker and are more curled. My lashes have grown so long that I've had to trim them them three times so far and it's only been seven weeks. Initially I used it every day but I now use it every other day. I have experienced side effects such as red and itchy eyes but, fortunately, it's been temporary so please use with caution. Also, although the length of the new lashes are amazing, I wish new lash growth was faster. There is new growth where I don't remember having lashes but they are growing in at a much slower pace. Yes, I would recommend this but I would use with caution because of all the possible side effects.

on 8/30/2009 5:52:00 PM

Okay ladies. I read your reviews and honestly I thought that it would probably be okay, definitely not worth the money, but HOLY COW, THIS STUFF IS A-MAZ-ING.

I had a most unfortunate accident recently where I was trimming my eyebrows, and accidentally had shorn off some eyelashes. I know- stupid. Well, that was the excuse I was looking for to spend the obscene amount of money on Latisse. Now I am HOOKED. This stuff is like miracle grow for your eyes.

I have not had any of the possible side effects (discoloration of the skin), and have had nothing but a positive experience. The major draw back is price. I paid $100 for a tiny bottle, but expect it to last at least 2 moths. Also, I do not use the brushes it came with. I use an eyeliner brush instead. Seems easier. Also, I used my FSA card to pay for it, and it went through!?!

Although I was tempted to use the Lumigan because it was cheaper, I thought about it and got nervous. What if there is a 'bad batch' or something? I don't know, it just worried me because there is no quality control. My eyesight is more important than saving a few bucks. I'm not judging, I'm just sayin'....

on 8/22/2009 1:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I probably should not rate this as I have not used Latisse myself, but I was so blown away by what I saw today that I am leaving a review. I was tweezing a clients brows, when I looked through the mag lamp, suddenly noticed her lashes and was blown away. I thought at first they must be REALLY good "permanent" lash extensions, as they were so very long and feathery, but I couldn't see any tiny little globs of glue at the root of each lash (and as I was looking thorugh a magnifying lamp I would have been able to see the glue) . . she has been using Latisse. My client said her lashes have been getting so long she may need to trim them, as they rub against her sunglasses! The only thing I would say about her results that is a slight negative is that while they were amazingly long, they were not especially thick, and they were a bit uneven, some lashes were longer than others. This wasn't so noticable to the naked eye though, and nobody looks at lashes through a mag lamp as a general rule. Also, she has only been using Latisse for six weeks, so if she does trim that will obviously make them all even in length, and I wonder if continued use (and trimming_ will thicken them up. I can't wait for her next visit to see how her lashes look. Quite intriguing!

on 8/22/2009 12:44:00 AM

Iíve been looking for something to grow my eyebrows in and make them fuller. I admit to getting a little too carried away during the Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy minimalist years and got a little tweezer happy. Iíve used Talika and Ardell with just average results. I decided to try Latisse through my dermatologist. When I told her I wanted to use it on my brows she said itís considered an ďoff label ď use but that I could try it. Everyone that worked in the office was using it on eyelashes and proudly showed me their results - lush, long lashes. The derm office girls gave me a great tip . . . they told me to throw away the applicator brushes that came with the product and use a tiny eyeliner brush instead. You only need a tiny amount for the product to work and the brushes it comes with waste way too much. I use a Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine eyeliner brush (one drop per brow) and it works perfectly. Within a couple nights use I noticed my brows were darkening. The color was darker but natural looking Ė not weird or fake. After 2 weeks of nightly applications sparse areas where I gave up on hair ever growing back were filling in. Iíve been using it for a few months now and I have the brows I had in 8th grade! The tiny bottle was $140 and since itís the only product I need for my brows, itís some of the best money Iíve ever spent on a cosmetic product. I no longer need to purchase colored brow gels or brow shadow. I only use it every other night now to maintain the results and it works great. Iím going to experiment with applying every second or third night to see how long I can stretch the tiny bottle without losing results. Due to the risk of iris darkening, Iím still too cautious to try it on my eyelashes but given my stellar brow results Iím very tempted!

on 8/16/2009 4:25:00 AM

Over 4 months in, and may lashes are long, dark and thicker. Amazing. I also appy to eyebrows. Am tossing my Talika and stocking up on latisse. I don;t use the included applicators (ouch!!); i simply use a thin eyeliner brush to apply at base of lashes. Am hoping my eye doctor will prescribe lumigan (much much cheaper), but if not I'll renew my current latisse prescription from my aesthtician. Highly recommend this product...be patient. It really works! It doesn;t even matter which brand of mascara I use!!!!

update, 9/25: definitely longer, but not thicker. Still worth the effort and cost though...at least for me. Am researching cheaper alternatives (alldaychemist etc....but don;t want to mess with crap products from overseas when it comes to my eyes. Others have had great success iwth this and similar online companies....just not sure if I am willing to save a few bucks when it comes to my eyes (ok, more then a few bucks) by buying from overseas).

UPDATE, 11/09: am on maintenance schedule (3x per week) and not as happy. Maybe it is just the phase of my eyelash growth, and am going to go back to daily use, but if I don;t see improvement in after my next bottle I'll stop using.