October 24, 2014 | 1076 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by drpsyc

Over 4 months in, and may lashes are long, dark and thicker. Amazing. I also appy to eyebrows. Am tossing my Talika and stocking up on latisse. I don;t use the included applicators (ouch!!); i simply use a thin eyeliner brush to apply at base of lashes. Am hoping my eye doctor will prescribe lumigan (much much cheaper), but if not I'll renew my current latisse prescription from my aesthtician. Highly recommend this product...be patient. It really works! It doesn;t even matter which brand of mascara I use!!!!

update, 9/25: definitely longer, but not thicker. Still worth the effort and cost though...at least for me. Am researching cheaper alternatives (alldaychemist etc....but don;t want to mess with crap products from overseas when it comes to my eyes. Others have had great success iwth this and similar online companies....just not sure if I am willing to save a few bucks when it comes to my eyes (ok, more then a few bucks) by buying from overseas).

UPDATE, 11/09: am on maintenance schedule (3x per week) and not as happy. Maybe it is just the phase of my eyelash growth, and am going to go back to daily use, but if I don;t see improvement in after my next bottle I'll stop using.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Faucet188

Despite being an obsessive review reader I rarely write them. However, I felt that this product, brand name Latisse, deserved all the praise to be shared.

I have been using it for about 2 months and am still on my first bottle. Per the advice of people on MUA I have used my own brush and use one drop total per day (for both eyes and eyebrows). I put the drop in the cap of the Latisse bottle and then dip my brush in it. I wash my brush after each use with water.

It's amazing. My eyelashes look like I'm wearing extensions but minus all the work and money. I had eyelash extensions and they were actually quite laborious and awkward when they started to grow out... and extremely expensive and time consuming.

As I have blonde eyelashes (fair w/ blue eyes and blonde hair)- that are also blonde at the tips it does take mascara to notice the HUGE difference. I'm thinking of getting my eyelashes tinted.

My eyes tend to be a bit on the dry side normally. I am also on accutane now. So although my eyes have been more red than usual it is hard to say whether or not it is attributed to the Latisse.

Ultimately- I would happily fork over $120/bottle to have my lashes look like this especially considering I haven't finished my first bottle and it has been a little over 2 months.

I wish I had had a before picture for you but here is a link to a picture of my lashes after approx. 2 months of use.

Good luck.

Update: It really does work. The bottles last months when you use your own brush and make sure to wash it with water after use. I admit sometimes I forget to do that but I haven't had a problem. I get so many compliments on the length of my lashes especially when I get them tinted. I have experienced no problems with changing eye color and I am fair with blonde hair (and eyelashes).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by James1

Blood shot eyes...
I had very high hopes for this product! The salon I go to has a pharmacuetical sales rep who reps botox and latisse. The reps eyelashes are amazing - everyone at the salon who uses the Latisse, you can really tell. Unfortunately for me it really irritated my eyes. I followed the directions perfectly. The next day after application my eyes would be yellow/bloodshot. I only used 4 -5 times and each time the same result. It sounds like this a common side affect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by candicec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it sure does work! i'm asian and had barely, barely any eyelashes at all. this is the first product that actually works. i can see a difference already, and i've only been using it for a month. it takes 16 weeks for full effect though..so hopefully they will get even longer!

soooo happy and excited! finally have hope for my poor lashes.

CC

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

IT WORKS!!!

First of all, I ordered the generic version from alldaychemist.com. I think it was $13-but the shipping is $24.90; still, quite a savings and the speed of delivery was impressive.

I have thin, pale lashes and I have a "blank" space on the lower lashes of my right eye. I always hated to wear mascara on the lower lashes because I would have to fill in that bald area with a bit of shadow.

I have only been using this for 2 and a half weeks and I have lower lashes growing in the bald spot for the first time in 10 years. My upper lashes are noticeably fuller, a wee bit darker and definitely longer! I am in heaven. I am always trying different brands of mascara and at first I thought I had just happened upon a Holy Grail product, but then when I was removing the mascara, it was apparent that my lashes were growing and getting a little darker.

I use one drop for both eyes, upper and lower and I apply it with a fine eyeliner brush. If there is excess, I apply it to the ends of my eyebrows. I have seen a tiny bit of growth there, but nothing as dramatic as my eyelashes.

Do be careful with application, as I have a pale taupe line on the upper and lower lash line where I apply the Lumigan. I wear liner, so I am not concerned but do avoid getting it on other parts of your face consistently.

I have not experienced any redness, "crusties," itching or irritation. I cannot say how elated I am to finally find something that really works!

EDITED 9/10/09-It's still working and I am delighted to add that it is working well on my eyebrows! I have hypothyroiditis and one of the effects of that is loss of eyebrows, especially the outer brow. I'm fair and have light brows, but I had reached a point where I had what looked like 10 hairs in each brow. Now I have more eyebrow and can fill them in with pencil and not look like I had to completely draw my brows on from scratch. I don't think I'll ever have Brooke Shields brows, but I am very happy with the regrowth, which is not dark.

As far as lashes, mine continue to grow. They are not a lot thicker, not curly or very noticeably darker, but boy-have they grown! Do be careful with application. I have suddenly had a few new lashes growing very close to my tear ducts because I was careless with application. I plucked 'em out.

I never had thick lashes so I don't really worry that this has not improved. The length is getting to be va va va voom and I am amazed and thrilled every time I curl my lashes and use mascara. GET THIS-IT IS AMAZING!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's brilliant. Nothing compares to this product for actually making your lashes longer.You need to be careful not to stain your eyelids, but other than that, it's perfect. I have had to give up my eyelash curlers because my lashes became so long.

It has also been great at growing longer eyebrow tails.

Make sure you get Lumigan or Latisse, because I have read that Careprost is made in China. And use the tiniest synthetic eyeliner brush you can find; a natural hair brush absorbs the product, and a larger brush WILL stain your eyelids purple. You can expect 4 or even 6 months use out of one bottle if you use it properly.

Edited to add, I'm so happy to read that this product is working well for the ladies who have had chemo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Alv64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a lucky girl, since I'm an Esthetician who works for a Dermatologist..I get Latisse for free and have an endless supply coming as long as I work there and keep selling it to my clients. I know, please don't hate me. Still, when we were given it to use I put mine away thinking "I'll get around to using this". Meanwhile, my Esthetician co-worker got busy using hers and she had nubby lashes to begin with. At 2 months she had noticable growth, at 4 months she has received the "rediculously long lashes" award. About 6 weeks ago when I noticed how amazing hers looked and all the clients of ours and patients of Dr. wanted to buy Latisse when they saw her lashes, I decided I better get busy and use it too.

I'm just shy of the 6 week mark and my lashes are looking soooo long. I also use it on my brows which are filling in and getting darker. I can't imagine how long my lashes will be at 4 months but I'm going to keep using it daily until then. I use one drop for both eyes and brows with a synthetic angle line brush.

UPDATE 8/23/09 At 10 weeks now and lashes are longer and quite fake looking with mascara on...lol I LOVE it!!!

UPDATE 9/27/09 At 15 weeks now and lashes look amazing!! I am still applying it nightly and will continue to do so...no maintenance for me...I want to see how crazy long these things will go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2009 6:21:00 AM More reviews by lilackatz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only received my Lumigan this week so it is too soon to say how effective it is. The only thing I can say is that I use one drop for one eye and eyebrow and one for the other, I wear contact lenses and am now finding them really uncomfortable. I think my eyes have gone dry and my lids feel a bit sensitive. Not sure if this is just a temporary thing. Would be interested to hear if any other lens wearers have had the same problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by LauriesBoys

I have used Latisse for 2 months and the results are amazing. My lashes (which were average before) are now false eyelash dupes:
looong, thick and dark! My niece even asked me one morning why I didn't take off my make-up before going to bed! Now, I don't use mascara-just shadow and eyeliner.
As for the scary side effects, my doc explained that the darkening of the iris ususally happens when the drops are used in the eye, not on the skin.
In comparing the cost versus the results:priceless. This product delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lmaliski

I was going through a period of dry eye syndrome for 2 years. My lashes would fall out, my lash line would flake and I'd have bald spots on my eye lids. My eye doctor recommended Latisse to help with the lash growth. I have been using it for 4 months now, and almost all my lashes have grown back, and they are twice as long! Not only that, but seems that Latisse has also helped to keep the flakes away. My eye doctor has just about called my dry eyes cured! It's worth the money.

Oh...and I would never order anything from an online pharmacy and apply it on my lashes (aka Lumigan) without my doctor's approval and recommendation. I know Lumigan and Latisse are technically the same thing, but why risk it?