September 21, 2014 | 1759 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSEģ is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by greekmom2005

Okay ladies. I read your reviews and honestly I thought that it would probably be okay, definitely not worth the money, but HOLY COW, THIS STUFF IS A-MAZ-ING.

I had a most unfortunate accident recently where I was trimming my eyebrows, and accidentally had shorn off some eyelashes. I know- stupid. Well, that was the excuse I was looking for to spend the obscene amount of money on Latisse. Now I am HOOKED. This stuff is like miracle grow for your eyes.

I have not had any of the possible side effects (discoloration of the skin), and have had nothing but a positive experience. The major draw back is price. I paid $100 for a tiny bottle, but expect it to last at least 2 moths. Also, I do not use the brushes it came with. I use an eyeliner brush instead. Seems easier. Also, I used my FSA card to pay for it, and it went through!?!

Although I was tempted to use the Lumigan because it was cheaper, I thought about it and got nervous. What if there is a 'bad batch' or something? I don't know, it just worried me because there is no quality control. My eyesight is more important than saving a few bucks. I'm not judging, I'm just sayin'....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by 1stone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I probably should not rate this as I have not used Latisse myself, but I was so blown away by what I saw today that I am leaving a review. I was tweezing a clients brows, when I looked through the mag lamp, suddenly noticed her lashes and was blown away. I thought at first they must be REALLY good "permanent" lash extensions, as they were so very long and feathery, but I couldn't see any tiny little globs of glue at the root of each lash (and as I was looking thorugh a magnifying lamp I would have been able to see the glue) . . she has been using Latisse. My client said her lashes have been getting so long she may need to trim them, as they rub against her sunglasses! The only thing I would say about her results that is a slight negative is that while they were amazingly long, they were not especially thick, and they were a bit uneven, some lashes were longer than others. This wasn't so noticable to the naked eye though, and nobody looks at lashes through a mag lamp as a general rule. Also, she has only been using Latisse for six weeks, so if she does trim that will obviously make them all even in length, and I wonder if continued use (and trimming_ will thicken them up. I can't wait for her next visit to see how her lashes look. Quite intriguing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by jdoohan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Iíve been looking for something to grow my eyebrows in and make them fuller. I admit to getting a little too carried away during the Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy minimalist years and got a little tweezer happy. Iíve used Talika and Ardell with just average results. I decided to try Latisse through my dermatologist. When I told her I wanted to use it on my brows she said itís considered an ďoff label ď use but that I could try it. Everyone that worked in the office was using it on eyelashes and proudly showed me their results - lush, long lashes. The derm office girls gave me a great tip . . . they told me to throw away the applicator brushes that came with the product and use a tiny eyeliner brush instead. You only need a tiny amount for the product to work and the brushes it comes with waste way too much. I use a Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine eyeliner brush (one drop per brow) and it works perfectly. Within a couple nights use I noticed my brows were darkening. The color was darker but natural looking Ė not weird or fake. After 2 weeks of nightly applications sparse areas where I gave up on hair ever growing back were filling in. Iíve been using it for a few months now and I have the brows I had in 8th grade! The tiny bottle was $140 and since itís the only product I need for my brows, itís some of the best money Iíve ever spent on a cosmetic product. I no longer need to purchase colored brow gels or brow shadow. I only use it every other night now to maintain the results and it works great. Iím going to experiment with applying every second or third night to see how long I can stretch the tiny bottle without losing results. Due to the risk of iris darkening, Iím still too cautious to try it on my eyelashes but given my stellar brow results Iím very tempted!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by drpsyc

Over 4 months in, and may lashes are long, dark and thicker. Amazing. I also appy to eyebrows. Am tossing my Talika and stocking up on latisse. I don;t use the included applicators (ouch!!); i simply use a thin eyeliner brush to apply at base of lashes. Am hoping my eye doctor will prescribe lumigan (much much cheaper), but if not I'll renew my current latisse prescription from my aesthtician. Highly recommend this product...be patient. It really works! It doesn;t even matter which brand of mascara I use!!!!

update, 9/25: definitely longer, but not thicker. Still worth the effort and cost though...at least for me. Am researching cheaper alternatives (alldaychemist etc....but don;t want to mess with crap products from overseas when it comes to my eyes. Others have had great success iwth this and similar online companies....just not sure if I am willing to save a few bucks when it comes to my eyes (ok, more then a few bucks) by buying from overseas).

UPDATE, 11/09: am on maintenance schedule (3x per week) and not as happy. Maybe it is just the phase of my eyelash growth, and am going to go back to daily use, but if I don;t see improvement in after my next bottle I'll stop using.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Faucet188

Despite being an obsessive review reader I rarely write them. However, I felt that this product, brand name Latisse, deserved all the praise to be shared.

I have been using it for about 2 months and am still on my first bottle. Per the advice of people on MUA I have used my own brush and use one drop total per day (for both eyes and eyebrows). I put the drop in the cap of the Latisse bottle and then dip my brush in it. I wash my brush after each use with water.

It's amazing. My eyelashes look like I'm wearing extensions but minus all the work and money. I had eyelash extensions and they were actually quite laborious and awkward when they started to grow out... and extremely expensive and time consuming.

As I have blonde eyelashes (fair w/ blue eyes and blonde hair)- that are also blonde at the tips it does take mascara to notice the HUGE difference. I'm thinking of getting my eyelashes tinted.

My eyes tend to be a bit on the dry side normally. I am also on accutane now. So although my eyes have been more red than usual it is hard to say whether or not it is attributed to the Latisse.

Ultimately- I would happily fork over $120/bottle to have my lashes look like this especially considering I haven't finished my first bottle and it has been a little over 2 months.

I wish I had had a before picture for you but here is a link to a picture of my lashes after approx. 2 months of use.

Good luck.

Update: It really does work. The bottles last months when you use your own brush and make sure to wash it with water after use. I admit sometimes I forget to do that but I haven't had a problem. I get so many compliments on the length of my lashes especially when I get them tinted. I have experienced no problems with changing eye color and I am fair with blonde hair (and eyelashes).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by James1

Blood shot eyes...
I had very high hopes for this product! The salon I go to has a pharmacuetical sales rep who reps botox and latisse. The reps eyelashes are amazing - everyone at the salon who uses the Latisse, you can really tell. Unfortunately for me it really irritated my eyes. I followed the directions perfectly. The next day after application my eyes would be yellow/bloodshot. I only used 4 -5 times and each time the same result. It sounds like this a common side affect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by candicec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it sure does work! i'm asian and had barely, barely any eyelashes at all. this is the first product that actually works. i can see a difference already, and i've only been using it for a month. it takes 16 weeks for full effect though..so hopefully they will get even longer!

soooo happy and excited! finally have hope for my poor lashes.

CC

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

IT WORKS!!!

First of all, I ordered the generic version from alldaychemist.com. I think it was $13-but the shipping is $24.90; still, quite a savings and the speed of delivery was impressive.

I have thin, pale lashes and I have a "blank" space on the lower lashes of my right eye. I always hated to wear mascara on the lower lashes because I would have to fill in that bald area with a bit of shadow.

I have only been using this for 2 and a half weeks and I have lower lashes growing in the bald spot for the first time in 10 years. My upper lashes are noticeably fuller, a wee bit darker and definitely longer! I am in heaven. I am always trying different brands of mascara and at first I thought I had just happened upon a Holy Grail product, but then when I was removing the mascara, it was apparent that my lashes were growing and getting a little darker.

I use one drop for both eyes, upper and lower and I apply it with a fine eyeliner brush. If there is excess, I apply it to the ends of my eyebrows. I have seen a tiny bit of growth there, but nothing as dramatic as my eyelashes.

Do be careful with application, as I have a pale taupe line on the upper and lower lash line where I apply the Lumigan. I wear liner, so I am not concerned but do avoid getting it on other parts of your face consistently.

I have not experienced any redness, "crusties," itching or irritation. I cannot say how elated I am to finally find something that really works!

EDITED 9/10/09-It's still working and I am delighted to add that it is working well on my eyebrows! I have hypothyroiditis and one of the effects of that is loss of eyebrows, especially the outer brow. I'm fair and have light brows, but I had reached a point where I had what looked like 10 hairs in each brow. Now I have more eyebrow and can fill them in with pencil and not look like I had to completely draw my brows on from scratch. I don't think I'll ever have Brooke Shields brows, but I am very happy with the regrowth, which is not dark.

As far as lashes, mine continue to grow. They are not a lot thicker, not curly or very noticeably darker, but boy-have they grown! Do be careful with application. I have suddenly had a few new lashes growing very close to my tear ducts because I was careless with application. I plucked 'em out.

I never had thick lashes so I don't really worry that this has not improved. The length is getting to be va va va voom and I am amazed and thrilled every time I curl my lashes and use mascara. GET THIS-IT IS AMAZING!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's brilliant. Nothing compares to this product for actually making your lashes longer.You need to be careful not to stain your eyelids, but other than that, it's perfect. I have had to give up my eyelash curlers because my lashes became so long.

It has also been great at growing longer eyebrow tails.

Make sure you get Lumigan or Latisse, because I have read that Careprost is made in China. And use the tiniest synthetic eyeliner brush you can find; a natural hair brush absorbs the product, and a larger brush WILL stain your eyelids purple. You can expect 4 or even 6 months use out of one bottle if you use it properly.

Edited to add, I'm so happy to read that this product is working well for the ladies who have had chemo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Alv64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a lucky girl, since I'm an Esthetician who works for a Dermatologist..I get Latisse for free and have an endless supply coming as long as I work there and keep selling it to my clients. I know, please don't hate me. Still, when we were given it to use I put mine away thinking "I'll get around to using this". Meanwhile, my Esthetician co-worker got busy using hers and she had nubby lashes to begin with. At 2 months she had noticable growth, at 4 months she has received the "rediculously long lashes" award. About 6 weeks ago when I noticed how amazing hers looked and all the clients of ours and patients of Dr. wanted to buy Latisse when they saw her lashes, I decided I better get busy and use it too.

I'm just shy of the 6 week mark and my lashes are looking soooo long. I also use it on my brows which are filling in and getting darker. I can't imagine how long my lashes will be at 4 months but I'm going to keep using it daily until then. I use one drop for both eyes and brows with a synthetic angle line brush.

UPDATE 8/23/09 At 10 weeks now and lashes are longer and quite fake looking with mascara on...lol I LOVE it!!!

UPDATE 9/27/09 At 15 weeks now and lashes look amazing!! I am still applying it nightly and will continue to do so...no maintenance for me...I want to see how crazy long these things will go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No