October 1, 2014 | 1150 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an AMAZING eyebrow product for such a cheap price; it's only three dollars and sometimes even cheaper when sales are going on. This product is NOT for people who have to draw in their eyebrows; this is more of an enhancing producs for people who already have eyebrow hairs. The ELF Eybrow Kit comes in a sleek black packaging with a clear window on the front of the compact, on the lower bottom of the front the word'e.l.f' is printed. Inside you will find a small mirror, a tiny duo-sided brush with a fluffy side and an angled side, the lighter color powder, and the darker colored 'gel' that is more of a cream, and corresponds to the coloring listed when you buy the kit. The fluffy side of the small brush is pretty useless and sheds, but the angled brush is usable; I prefer to use two of ELF's Small Angled Brush, one for the cream side and the other for the powder. I don't understand why you would use the fluffy side of the tiny brush included for the cream or powder; it wouldn't apply the cream well, and it would loosely apply the powder and you wouldn't be able to concentrate the powder on your eyebrows. I suggest using a dense angled brush for both the powder and cream OR use two dense angled brushes, once for only the cream and the other for only the powder. Sometimes I use my own dense angled brush for the cream and the angled side of the tiny brush for the powder, most of the time I use two of the same kind of dense angled brushes for the cream and powder. To apply this product I first grab some of the cream side on my brush and start at the arch of my eyebrow and work toward the tail, then I bring the brush towards the inner part of my eyebrow (from the arch inwards). I repeat if necessary. I do the same for the powder. For the powder I dip my brush two taps then start applying like I did with the cream. I also repeat if I like. I like to concentrate the cream and powder at the arch and basically the end part of my eyebrow. Then I bring the rest of the product left on the brush inwards, from the arch of my eyebrow in. This product last a really long time to my surprise. I thought for the cheap price it wasn't going to be long-lasting but I was wrong. I came home one night and the only face product that was on my face was the eyebrow product (no foundation seems to last on my skin, but that doesn't stop me from trying). I was SO shocked that I still had the eyebrow product on my eyebrows. This product gives you the look of 'your eyebrows but better' so you won't end up with too made up eyebrows. Like I said in the beginning you can't draw eyebrows with this product, so I am looking for a eyebrow pencil to fill in a small gap on the top-end of my left eyebrow that won't grow; it makes my eyebrow look a bit thinner, but it's not too bad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this kit. It really fills in the brows and freshens up the appearance. I can't believe it's so cheap at $3!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by sandi9422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This prodct is soooo great and it makes my eyebrows look well defined yet natural. I use the darkest shade and my hair is ombre (dark roots, light tips.) I start by applying the powder part with an angle brush and then I apply the gel on top. The last step defines the hair and makes them look a lot more natural than if you would just use a brow pencil. This is a product I will most definitively repurchase from e.l.f!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by dreamonnnnnn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS! Cant believe its only 3 bucks.....Ive been using the Anastasia powder duo for quite some time and have hit pan.....I love this $3 little elf brow kit SOOOOO much more! Will def buy again....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have gone through probably 10 of these already and I just keep buying them! I throw them away when they're about half used up because the gel starts to get kind of gross. I have very dark black eye brows so I use the darkest shade they sell. The little brush that comes with the kit is mostly useless but ok in a pinch if you don't have a larger brush with you. I always have one in my purse, one n the makeup bag, one at home, etc.. I mostly use the gel and it never fades, smears, or looks fake. The packaging is fantastic! Securely snaps shut, never pops open in my purse, and the mirror is good in a pinch. This is one product I cannot be without because my eyebrows definitely need some help. I have tried other eyebrow pencils and kits and found that they fade, smear, or just look fake and cheap. I can't believe this is only $3! No kidding, they could slap a high end name on this kit and sell it for $30, it's THAT good!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Pixelatedash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product- the light is a good match for my dark blonde hair. This doesn't replace my usual brow tint, but is good for filling in the gaps and filling out my brows. I find I have to use a clear mascara over the top- the gel doesn't tame enough for me (and my brows aren't unruly!) but that's not a dealbreaker. The brush that comes with it does the job, and i like the stiff bristles on the angled brush, but I find it's just too small to use easily on a daily basis.
My only one gripe is that the powder section was ever so slightly damaged when I got it- and even with being super careful with it, the powder bit is fast eroding and chipping away from around the damaged part.
All in all it does what I want it to do and with the price in mind I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

OMG! amazing product. Thanks to all the ladies here on MUA for their reviews. I purchased this kit yesterday and it is beautiful! I have used higher end products such as MAC, stilla, and benefit but this is far is so much more beautiful. it comes with 2 application brushes. One is slanted and one is for blending. I find I only need to used the stiff slanted brush. It is shocking that it only cost me $3.00. It didn't smear, run, or fade. Stay put all day, soft and natural looking. I don't like using a brow pencil because it tends to look fake. The powder brow enhancer tend not to last too long and they also smear. This one stay put all day and beautifully natural looking. Just one sexy item! I can't rave enough. Easy to control the amount and volume. Not too dry not too wet. Didn't make me break out or cause any allergic reaction. I used to use Sonia Husk, but ELF is so much more natural and beautiful looking on the face without running, smearing or fading. The brush makes application very easy too. I agree with the previous reviewer, too. This brow it made a major difference on my face the way it frames. This is the first time i am satisfied with a brows product. The kit is so luxurious looking. It's easy and portable to take along. It comes with a thing protective film on top to protect the product. I am so happy I got my hand on this item. HOly grail product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

Absolutely love this kit! Small and compact and works so well! Bought one to try it out and am hooked. I use my own slanted eyebrow brush instead of the included one, but for $3 this is an absolutely amazing product! I get compliments on my brows all the time!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

this is just ok for me, but might be hg for others. I didn't like the wax too much. The fluffy side of the little brush is nice. I prefer eyebrow pencil so I am going to give this to my mom. This is worth a try

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this! I have naturally blonde hair that's dyed black, so I need something to darken my blonde brows. This works really great and looks natural. The dark shade could be a tad bit darker, but it works well for me. Also, I've read some reviews that say that the dark shade pulls red on some people. I have a lot of strawberry in my natural haircolor, and it doesn't pull red on me at all.
OH and I forgot to mention one very important tidbit! All of the eyebrow pencils that I've used in the past, although they look great, tend to break me out. So far, this eyebrow kit has not. Fingers crossed that it will stay that way!