Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 4/27/2006 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Essie Mademoiselle is great for a french manicure or pedicure. It doesn't streak and makes nails look great.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Just adding to the raves for this one. I put off buying this for a long time because in the bottle, it looks like a cool, opaque pink. I caved in after reading the reviews here. This is perfect YNBB shade. It hides any imperfections in my nails and evens out my nail tone, but still looks natural. Perfect for when you don't have a lot of time, but want your nails to look finished. UPDATE: I've discovered that this color makes a great "foundation" for your nails before applying other sheer shades. My other sheers look so much better over a coat of Mademoiselle than they do when I just apply the color over my basecoat.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sorry to drag down the party... I bought this after seeing raves for it in a magazine. It looks like my nails, only more boring. If I'm going to go to the trouble of doing a manicure or pedicure, I'd like to see my polish! It might be good for a French mani, but I don't ever do those.

on 4/7/2006 8:12:00 PM

The softest pale pink, almost sheer (3 coats over French tips will give you a milky finish), but I wouldn't wear it on it's own...only over a French mani.

on 4/4/2006 6:45:00 PM

Super color and very long lasting. This looks great on its own or when used for a french manicure. I will not be running out of this color.

on 2/26/2006 12:46:00 PM

Gorgeous sheer pink, definetly repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my 2nd favorite sheer pink, Essie Sugar Daddy is my favorite. It gives me the perfect natural but polished shade :) Love Essie, the wear is fab.

on 1/1/2006 3:33:00 PM

My HG nail polish. I don't like obvious nail shades, so this is perfect. It remains sheer after two coats and adds just the slightest hint of pink color. It also wears like iron.

on 12/23/2005 8:22:00 AM

This is the 1st Essie polish I have used and its fantastic!! I usually use OPI or Nails Inc but, this beats both of them hands down. Its a beautifully neutral shade perfect for me, my skin is fair and freckly an d looks beautiful on my nails this is my new HTH I will definitely re-purchase when this runs out and will be trying more of Essie's polishes.

on 11/13/2005 6:58:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I chose this color for my manicure yesterday. It is a very pretty color but it is very sheer so I don't see much color on my nails. I have olive/tanned skin.
I love the packaging, very simple but still cute. I will edit this review in about a week to comment on the chipping or lasting effect.

Top Rated Essie Products