Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 6/1/2006 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mademoiselle was okay (a little too milky for my taste) but for a YNBB look, I prefer OPI Privacy Please. It's not quite as pink and is more sheer, which works better with my skintone (olivey light-medium NC 20ish) and nails. I don't like milky nails. OPI also lasts longer and applies better. I thought I was crazy but I notice that others have mentioned how thin Essie polishes are. This makes application a little trickier, IMO. I love Essie's bottle design though. Just love it! Anyway, Mademoiselle is not a bad color, it's just not the only YNBB polish out there and I guess I really do prefer OPI's formula.

on 5/31/2006 7:02:00 PM

I love this color. It is a perfect, sheer pale pink neutral that perfectly evens out my nails. It is a wonderful YNBB color. I am very pale and if I had to choose just one nail polish, this might be the one. (This, or OPI's Passion, which is similar.) It is perfect for work, perfect for my upcoming bridal showers... well it's just perfect for me. It doesn't call attention to itself. It just looks like you have naturally gorgeous nails. If you're looking for a sheer neutral pink, you should try this.

on 5/10/2006 9:14:00 PM

I don't get the hype about this being suitable for every skintone. I'm warm, tan, brown eyes, almost black hair. It was nothing more than clear on me. I RAOKed it away.

on 5/4/2006 1:16:00 AM

I am in love with this pink!! It is light and feminine and just makes me feel pretty. I always pick this color when getting a french. In my opinion, this is the perfect pink for nails. It's very natural and complements my skin nicely.

on 5/2/2006 6:14:00 PM

This is my new HG nail polish. It is the most natural soft pink shade available. The polish itself is so smooth and doesn't streak which is awesome.

on 4/27/2006 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Essie Mademoiselle is great for a french manicure or pedicure. It doesn't streak and makes nails look great.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Just adding to the raves for this one. I put off buying this for a long time because in the bottle, it looks like a cool, opaque pink. I caved in after reading the reviews here. This is perfect YNBB shade. It hides any imperfections in my nails and evens out my nail tone, but still looks natural. Perfect for when you don't have a lot of time, but want your nails to look finished. UPDATE: I've discovered that this color makes a great "foundation" for your nails before applying other sheer shades. My other sheers look so much better over a coat of Mademoiselle than they do when I just apply the color over my basecoat.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sorry to drag down the party... I bought this after seeing raves for it in a magazine. It looks like my nails, only more boring. If I'm going to go to the trouble of doing a manicure or pedicure, I'd like to see my polish! It might be good for a French mani, but I don't ever do those.

on 4/7/2006 8:12:00 PM

The softest pale pink, almost sheer (3 coats over French tips will give you a milky finish), but I wouldn't wear it on it's own...only over a French mani.

on 4/4/2006 6:45:00 PM

Super color and very long lasting. This looks great on its own or when used for a french manicure. I will not be running out of this color.

Top Rated Essie Products