July 31, 2014 | 1925 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by girliewirlie

Gorgeous sheer pink, definetly repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

This is my 2nd favorite sheer pink, Essie Sugar Daddy is my favorite. It gives me the perfect natural but polished shade :) Love Essie, the wear is fab.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2006 3:33:00 PM More reviews by avocate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG nail polish. I don't like obvious nail shades, so this is perfect. It remains sheer after two coats and adds just the slightest hint of pink color. It also wears like iron.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2005 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

This is the 1st Essie polish I have used and its fantastic!! I usually use OPI or Nails Inc but, this beats both of them hands down. Its a beautifully neutral shade perfect for me, my skin is fair and freckly an d looks beautiful on my nails this is my new HTH I will definitely re-purchase when this runs out and will be trying more of Essie's polishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2005 6:58:00 PM More reviews by labellavita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I chose this color for my manicure yesterday. It is a very pretty color but it is very sheer so I don't see much color on my nails. I have olive/tanned skin.
I love the packaging, very simple but still cute. I will edit this review in about a week to comment on the chipping or lasting effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Oleander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Truly is one of the best Essie sheer colors available, at least for my coloring (blonde, blue-eyed, ruddy fair-skinned). Smooth application of 2 coats looked like blushed glass on my nails. Not blushed as in rosy, but a pink blush. For basically the same sheer blush and shine, but a bit deeper pink, try Essie Sugar Daddy. To me, it and Mademoiselle are the same smooth sheer formula, just a shade different. Mademoiselle is definitely a staple polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2005 1:07:00 AM More reviews by FaerieStars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's the perfect pink! So delicate and ladylike, but very sheer. It's perfect for a natural but polished look. If you are looking for a more opaque pink, this isn't it. I used up the entire bottle which I hardly ever do!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2005 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Jen1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pinky/white color that is very sheer. My manicurist uses it for french tips, but I find that is makes my nails look too frosty white. After I use it I look like I have an iron deficiency and need to eat a big steak. Too bad, because obviously a lot of other people love this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my staples: it's a beautiful sheer color with a hint of pink to it; it's the nail polish that you choose when you want your nails to look clean and "finished," but not over the top. Now, I am strange about my nail colors -- it drives my husband crazy that I get my nails done only to come back with them looking as natural as possible. (His theory is that if you're going to pay to get your nails done, why not have them painted a "real color"?) But I like the more understated, simply clean look, and I've been using this nail polish for over a year now. Love it. If you're looking for flash or drama or pizazz, this isn't your polish; if you want your nails to look clean and well-manicured, this is your HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't get they hype about Mademoiselle. I am a huge fan of Essie sheer nudes, but Mademoiselle comes out like a clear polish on me! It's a great color to wear when my nails are short, and I want to look well groomed, but to me, this color is nothing special. I much prefer Ballet Slippers, Intimate, Pink Ribbon, and about 10 other Essie sheer nudes over this one, which really does not show up on me at all.