Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

on 9/8/2009 8:09:00 PM

Ok, I just have to say a couple of things. First, I do not have super sensitive skin but I am fair skinned and I have used Fresh's sugar scrub and Bliss Pore Perfecting Facial Polish for a long time without ANY ANY ANY problems. So I'm sick of reviewers of this product saying "if you have sensitive skin you shouldn't use a scrub" because that is just NOT true. There are good gentle scrubs out there. Second, this hardly qualifies as a scrub. There is about 2 beads in there and it's not abrasive at all. My biggest problem is that I've honestly never had a reaction to a facial moisturizer, scrub, or cleanser in my life. I've had some that dried out my face or didn't clean off make-up... but I've NEVER had a reaction like this. It is the same as some other reviewers are claiming, a rash on the chin/ around the mouth. Not really pimples, but also red bumps. Itches like crazy will most likely have to see a doctor to see if there is something safe to put on my face to curb the itching and redness. So now my cheap scrub is about to cost me lots of money! Save your pennies and buy a good scrub!!!

on 9/7/2009 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I actually bought this for my husband and it works very, very well on him. He has acne prone thick-guy skin with large pores (think Brad Pitt, LOL). Anyway, foaming cleansers and oil cleansers just never cleaned his skin well-enough and he woke up oily and the pillow case was always a bit dirty.

He cleans with this and his skin gets truly clean! And, he wakes up looking fresh. The break-outs have subsided and he looks glowing and healthy. It is perfect for him, and I love the smell on him. I tried it, and it is too drying for me, so I'll stick with the foaming face wash. But, if you have oily, break-out prone skin, or you partner does, it is worth a shot.

on 8/29/2009 10:33:00 PM

I can't tell you all how much I disliked this product. First, the exfoliation aspect is nearly non-existent and second, the smell is reminiscent of sweaty deodorant - you know after you work out or have been sweating a lot you can smell your deodorant but you also smell a hint of sweat.....well that's how it was with me. I ended up using this has hand wash in my bathroom - even then the smell bothered me.

on 8/29/2009 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this product. It doesn't help with your acne. If you use it, you should use it in the shower so it can be removed better. If you wash your wash in the sink, this product is definitely not for you. Some of the white dots stays on your face. Its hard to wash off. I don't ever want to use this product again.

on 8/26/2009 1:27:00 AM

At first, I loved this product. I still do, but it's too thick... it takes forever to wash off.

on 8/21/2009 7:46:00 PM

I really enjoyed this product. I used it for a long time, but ended up switching only because my skin gets very immune to products after a couple of months. I managed to stick with this guy for over six months, and I really loved the way it made my skin feel. My skin was clear for the most part, felt moisturized, and I was obsessed with the grapefruit scent. I've moved onto products that I happen to like more, but if you want to try out a Neutrogena product, I definitely recommend this one.

i like this scrub a lot it doesnt make me breakout and treats the break outs i already have super effectivley i put it on and i scrub for a little bit then i leave for like a minute like a mask and wash off.voila! i do this once a week and my skin looks great

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really started to like this. It gives the perfect lather - scrub combo. I always felt like my skin was really refreshed. The smell is fresh and fun. I had taken a break from it and started using something else that I preferred. I had to go back to this because it was all I had and it broke me out horrible. I was breaking out on my face all over for over a week and a half. It was not until I stopped using it that my breakouts started to cease. I will not use this again and would not advise it for anyone with serious acne.

on 8/11/2009 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

At first I couldn't wait to get this product because I absolutely love anything grapefruity. However, this scrub was a total disappointment. Dry skin people STEER CLEAR because this scrub not only hurt my skin, but it dried it up to the point where there were visable rough patches: not good. I stopped using it altogether and had to moisturize my skin a thousand times daily just to get rid of all the dry patches. It is particularly drying because not only is it oil-free, but an acne wash. This is my first, and last time I ever try any acne wash again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have thick oily skin that usually doesn't mind any products, but I have learned I need to stay away from Neutrogena scrubs. I tried the Deep Cleansing one last summer and broke out in little whiteheads like mad (at age 46, no less) but figured it had something to do with the menthol in the product. I love the grapefruit wash so thought I'd try this. After 2 or 3 uses I have had a continuous stream of whiteheads, again, and the skin around my mouth is so dry. I'm not sensitive, I can honestly use just about anything, but there's clearly a clogging agent in their scrubs that doesn't work, at least for me. Thank goodness I saved the receipt! But you may have more luck. Just save the receipt.