October 21, 2014 | 1602 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bchung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I couldn't wait to get this product because I absolutely love anything grapefruity. However, this scrub was a total disappointment. Dry skin people STEER CLEAR because this scrub not only hurt my skin, but it dried it up to the point where there were visable rough patches: not good. I stopped using it altogether and had to moisturize my skin a thousand times daily just to get rid of all the dry patches. It is particularly drying because not only is it oil-free, but an acne wash. This is my first, and last time I ever try any acne wash again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by AngelaBetsey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick oily skin that usually doesn't mind any products, but I have learned I need to stay away from Neutrogena scrubs. I tried the Deep Cleansing one last summer and broke out in little whiteheads like mad (at age 46, no less) but figured it had something to do with the menthol in the product. I love the grapefruit wash so thought I'd try this. After 2 or 3 uses I have had a continuous stream of whiteheads, again, and the skin around my mouth is so dry. I'm not sensitive, I can honestly use just about anything, but there's clearly a clogging agent in their scrubs that doesn't work, at least for me. Thank goodness I saved the receipt! But you may have more luck. Just save the receipt.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Lilcrystalline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Being someone who loves grapefruit yet can't eat or drink it due to medication I'm taking, I really appreciated the smell of this! When I washed it I liked the tingly feeling on my face, little did I know this would definitely be something I'd regret! After three days of use I started noticing clusters of small bumps around my mouth - a place where I'd never broken out before. I'm not one to have massive breakouts anyways, so this was unlike something I'd ever seen. Like the reviewer before me these didn't seem like normal zits, and my skin was flaking around my mouth as well. For me these bumps were extremely painful, and now two and a half months after discontinuing my use I'm still recovering from those wretched marks! I've never had such a bad reaction to anything in my life! I'm so thankful for concealer..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by dst161913

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For those that are considering purchasing this product please save your money!! Although it smells good it's not good for your skin. I purchased this product on a Wednesday evening, washed my face that night and then again the following morning. I began to notice a tight feeling with my face that was rather uncomfortable so that Thursday night I didnt use it and by Friday morning my entire face was covered with red bumps. They were not pimples but it resembled more of a rash. My skin feels so dry and rough, very similiar to sand paper. Needless to say here it is Sunday and my face is still in the same condition. If there are any dermatologist out there reading this what can i do to get this cleared up. To be honest I dont even want to leave the house looking this way. I have always been a fan of Neutrogena but this is one product that needs to be discontinued ASAP!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by hoppii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells great, but too drying

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This product had no effect on my skin. It acted as neither a scrub nor cleanser so I have nothing to say on that topic. HOWEVER I am surprised that other reviewers haven't commented on the smell. I don't know if it's just me, but i found this product smelled shockingly of...well, vomit! There was an initially good grapefruit scent then a horrible barf-like one as I was washing it off! Hopefully, it was just an off-bottle but this is one product I'll never buy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by PinkGlitter74m

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, first of all people with sensitive skin SHOULDNT BE USING SCRUBS!!!! They are way too harsh. This product would have a better score if people knew this. I have super-oily acne-prone skin and this stuff works wonders. I've used proactiv, acnefree, clean&clear, ect. But nothing seemed to work for my skin. This stuff does though! And it doesn't bleach my skin out so i can keep my tan and have clear skin. I use this and the clean and clear persagel spot treatment and my acne has been kept at bay. Great for getting rid of blackheads too. After using this, my skin feels so smooth and fresh. It's a great exfoliant and smells nice. HG for me. I just wish it could have a better rating on here. TRY IT!!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 7:33:00 AM More reviews by babycocox

I love this stuff! I've been going through different scrubs and I love this. I use it everyday, and I plan to keep using it! I love the smell and the bottle, and there are a lot of those little microscrubbing beads so you can be sure that there is an even distribution around your face. I read the other reviews that this product is harsh--I guess it just depends on your skin type. I get very oily and after washing with this product my skin feels dry, and sometimes when I use too much I get very dry skin patches, so I guess it's to be used at your own discrection. I love it though, whenever I use it, my face always feels so clean and so refreshed!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by c3y7r2o1

BEWARE!

I was looking for a new deep cleaning face wash when I found this at SuperStore. It smelled good and it claimed to be gentle. I used it in the evening and it went on well. It burned a little bit, but that's nothing new to my sensitive cheeks (but I have an oily nose). The next morning I woke up with the most disgusting (almost bruise like) rash all over my chin and red, dry forehead. Never again will I repurchase this.

The rash is still there, but fading... it's been two days, I think :(

BTW this doesn't even deserve 1 lippie, but mua won't let me put 0.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scrub smells nice and works decently but if you have sensitive skin beware. My skin's not even really sensitive but this BURNED and made my face very dry. It shrunk and dried up the few pimples I had but I can't stand the discomfort.