December 21, 2014 | 1874 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by r3ll3

I am in looove with Fancy! It is such a warm, sweet fragrance. It smells like pears and carmel to me. I tried this on in the store and walked around a bit wearing it, and I was so surprised how it made the air around me smell all warm and sugary! I love it. Also, the bottle is sooo pretty! It looks so feminine and romantic!I told myself that as soon as I finish a book I have to read for class I am buying it for myself as a reward! Can't wait until I get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Joy2225

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance. It is sweet and yummy. It smells similar to Aquolina's pink sugar. However I like fancy better. The bottle is cuter and the smell is not as strong. I had to go out and buy a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by caramelhunie

I'm a huge fan of sweet perfumes so once I read the description on this, I knew I would love it and I definitely do! I find it to be similar to Paris Hilton's Can Can perfume but the drydown is different. I smell mostly cotton candy and vanilla, it smells sooo good! I would say if you're a fan of Britney's Fantasy, Pink Sugar, Paris Hilton's Can Can...you will love this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Francinereap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I have read several reviews on other sites that state that the opening is this burst of fruit smells. I didn't find that to be the case at all. This fragrance smells very close to Hanae Mori and a toned down version of Aquolina Pink Sugar. That being said, the initial application was quite pleasant in my opinion. The drydown basically stated true to the fragrance throughout it's process. I am in my 30's and I like to smell a little sweet from time to time and I don't find this fragrance to be sickly sweet. Today was my first day wearing it and while on the field at my sons football scrimmage parents kept coming up to me (mind you these are middle aged women) telling me how good I smell and what was I wearing. When I told them that it was Jessica Simpsons new fragrance they all gasped. They couldn't believe that it smelled so good. Everybody's body chemistry will be different and I guess my chemistry works well with a lot of different scents. I think the packaging is beautiful and the bottle looks good next to my other 40 or so scents on my dresser. My husband said that I smell good enough to eat. The price for the 3.4 oz was very reasonable since I am use to paying upwards of $80 to $110 for 1.7 oz fragrances from prestigous fragrance houses. This is a simple, playful and young fragrance that just smells good and I challenge people to try it. Take other reviews into consideration but you have to actually try it for yourself and make your own determination about how you think it smells since fragrance is a very personal thing. The lasting power is amazing. If I can get a fragrance to carry itself with me throughout the day it definately will have my vote. Just try it for yourself is the bottom line to all of my rubbishly talk!!!!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yikes! This is a drugstore, cheap-smelling scent that is just like every other "foody," "sweet," "carnie," fragrance out there. Smells like a poor man's Pink Sugar or Paris Hilton so if you like those than get those and skip this one. I can imagine that in a few months this "fragrance" will be sold on the shelves of Big Lots or the Dollar Store so save your money until it comes down to a buck. I'm usually not this cynical but I was insulted by this cheap, Pink Sugar dupe. Come on, Jessica. Give us all a break with your products and just go back to singing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

I was hoping I'd love this because the bottle is just beautiful, but it's definitely among the sweet, sugary fragrances out there. It smells similar to the Dessert line she had out a few years back, and like Pink Sugar, etc. Maybe I'm too old to appreciate these super-sweet fragrances!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by katy24

I sprayed this on today in Macy's and it smells like "Pink Sugar" minus the burnt caramel and sugar smell .This is actually more appealing and has a better drydown.The bottle is very pretty with lace details,very feminine.Fancy has the potential to be quite popular because it smells like a real perfume with staying power(unlike celebrity inspired L.A.M.B.).It is not putrid like so many other celebrity scents(All the Ashley Judds and Kimora Simmons,although I have not smelled Baby Phat's latest so who knows).The original Paris Hilton perfume is also worth exploring-very vibrant ,alive,sparkling.Forget that there is a celebrity name to these scents and judge them as to your own wearability.Fancy is very wearable for most women who want to smell good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this fragrance. Britney Spear's Fantasy was my favorite. Then along came Paris Hilton's Can Can...that replaced Fantasy. Now Fancy replaces them both as my favorite. It's a sweet, girly, vanilla scented fragrance. I think it is light enough for the hot weather yet warm & cozy for the cooler weather. I agree that it's not very original, but when I do try scents that are different, I don't like them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SexiicEe83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just came back from Macys and I saw a tester of Fancy out on the counter. I spritz a little on me and smelled the intial spray. It was very sweet *cotton candyish* w/ cupcakes added n the mix and enjoyed it until there was this disturbing flower or plant note that made me wanna wash it off immediately. I continued on my way home sniffing my wrist and about 3 - 5 minutes later I smelled something more pleasant. The middle to me smelled like carmel and vanilla cake OMG soo YUMMY and it sorted just stayed that way until I got home. On the train people kept sniffing around me and I was wondering if that was a good thing?! I keep catching wiffs of the caramel & vanilla goodness and I LOVE it.. I might buy a full bottle but I'm waiting for Viva La Juicy to drop so i can smell both of them and decided which one to purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 7:37:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Credit where credits due; FANCY is fun & it brings forth happy childhood memories. If you’ve ever tested her DESERT BEAUTY range, you’ll know how big of an improvement she’s made.

However, FANCY isn’t anywhere near original; the caramel and berries are very reminiscent to PINK SUGAR, especially when coupled with the foody base notes. The top notes are also too sweet, it borders on sickly on me. The light florals in the heart of the fragrance calm it down, so I could tolerate it.

The lasting power isn’t very good & I hate the name. Cute bottle, though.

I can't see myself buying FANCY; there are so many superior alternatives with better lasting power, that don't turn sickly on me.

Scent notes: Pear, apricot nectar, red fruits, gardenia, jasmine, toasted almonds, caramel, sandalwood, vanilla crème and amber crystals.