Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

I finally got this brush, and yes I like it! I haven't seen another like it from other brands. It's excellent for applying my liquid foundation, I think it's shaped better than a regular foundation brush. As well it doesn't absorb a lot of products, but instead buffs it into my skin. I also like the shape of the handle, it really fits into my hands. The packaging protects it well, but was a bit hard to open--oh well. Great all round!
A Few Weeks Later--I've gone back to using my Ecotools foundation brush for Foundation, since I found it gives a better finish and reaches small areas. But I still use this brush for cream blushes, and find that it is the best way to apply them and buff them into my skin. Better than fingers or skunk brush. Still love!

Great, great foundation brush. I get so many compliments on my foundation. I prefer it over my MAC 187 for liquids, actually. No shedding, the brush has held up beautifully in my bag. It's so soft ! I wouldn't buy this product again because I'll probably never have to repurchase !

on 12/30/2009 6:45:00 PM

I bought this brush based on all the rave reviews and a month later went back and bought a second one. I use both daily, one for my foundation and the other for blush/highlighter.

I've used this brush with multiple foundations (I'm still searching for my HG): BE Matte, Diorskin Nude, Mac Studio Fix Fluid, Nars Sheer Glow, DuWop Fountain of Youth, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich, MUFE HD, etc. It did a gorgeous job on all of them.

If you're considering using this brush for any reason, try it - it will probably do a great job!

on 12/29/2009 3:05:00 AM

I've forgotten how utterly essential this thing is to my routine. It will blend out even the most garishly bright blush colors into beautiful, natural-looking washes (NARS Exhibit A is excellent with this), and it blends away the streakiest of foundation/powder application. When I initially purchased this, I was floored at how soft and dense the bristles were, and a tiny drawback of that is that it takes much longer to dry than my other brushes after washing. I really love the dense synthetic flat-top brush as a concept, and just wish Kashuk would come out with a larger version of this... I have not seen this shape of brush elsewhere, and if it exists, I bet it is much more expensive. I'm also a fan of the curvy handle shape-- not sure if it really helps me grip better, but I like to pretend it does.

on 12/24/2009 2:28:00 PM

Oh my gosh, where has this brush been all my life? I'm currently using this brush to apply both powder and liquid foundations. When used with mineral or powder foundations, you will get fuller coverage, but you can blend it out to a more natural finish. With cream or liquid foundations, this brush allows you to use less product and buff it out really nicely. I like the fact that it is synthetic, relatively dense and has a flat top - all three features make it the perfect foundation brush.

on 12/17/2009 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This iteams is a five star iteam. I love it if I could marry it and have little flat top babies I would. It works great at apllying foundation and also my cream blushes. For my foundation it blends it so well is like my second skin as well with the blush such a great blemd. Usually when I apply my cream blush I hesitant because I dont want to tlook like a clown but this gives a great and natural flush. I will definatly buy more!

on 12/11/2009 5:33:00 PM

This is the best brush EVER! I have actually never written a review before, but this brush is so great that I just had to. I use Bare Minerals foundation(the regular,not the matte) and this brush really makes the finish look Flawless! The bristles are much softer than the bare minerals brushes and it actually feels like a better quality brush! Save your money girls and go with this brush instead of the BM Kabuki brush-you'll save about $10 and be much happier with your end result.

on 12/4/2009 7:00:00 PM

This brush makes Revlon Colorstay look GOOD. (It doesn't stay that way all day, but that's the foundation's fault.) It buffs on liquid foundation so quickly and easily. I usually apply with this, then go over my face with a kabuki brush to really blend it in. I've also tried this with mineral foundation and cream blushes, and it works well for those too. The bristles are synthetic, so it doesn't suck up a bunch of product like natural bristles would.

Compared to the Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki, this is more compact with shorter bristles. This makes it easier to blend around the nose and eyes, and better at blending thicker liquids (though I love the EDM brush for mineral foundation).

on 12/2/2009 10:25:00 PM

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! buffs me a flawless face with my studio fix fluid! , looks amazing using mineral foundation as well (bare minerals). This brush is soo soft and dense but after a week you can feel the density kinda soften up a little bit. but no matter what i love this brush. I would really repurchase as many as possible. I carry this in my makeupbag all the time. this brush is sooo wonderful! I dont know whatelse to say but BUY IT!. I LOVEEEEE THIS BRUSH, and i prefer this brush over mac brushes forrreallsss! BEST FOUNDATION BRUSH EVER MADE, i am in love. this is the highest rating i ever gave anything!

on 12/2/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i bought this when i first started wearing mineral makeup and i love it. easy application. i can control how much powder i put on. the brush is dense and i never experience in shedding. i can buff my powder in and it glides over skin for easy application. i don't use this for blush. i prefer another brush. if you are heavy handed you can end up with too much powder on your face but the brush itself is a charm and a very good value!!

Popular Makeup Brushes