April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first ever product I have bought for my brows. Before this I have never filled them in, just plucked them.
I first bought this in the light or medium brown, but it was too light and looked a little orange so I picked up the dark brown. Perfect. I don't have a problem with it fading away or anything like that. It looks pretty natural to me (at first I had to get used to my new "look", lol) and is pretty effortless. I hate regular pencils so I'm glad this, like my HG eyeliner, Maybelline Unstoppable, is a self-sharpener. I think I made the right choice with this being my first brow product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

On the average day I use the Urban Decay eyebrow box in the lighter color. I like the fact that it comes with wax and a great brush to apply it with. However, on days when I am in a hurry and just want to fill in my brows I now use this Maybelline define a brow. I used to use a MAC brow liner which costs significantly more money. This product is as good or better than the MAC version. Always great to find a d/s product that is of such superior quality. Highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by piyo1717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product... My HG is Rimmel's Eyebrow pencil because it's dirt cheap and perfect color for me.

I love this pencil for the no-sharpening aspect of it. The formula is creamy... so it runs out pretty quickly for me compare to my regular brow pencil. But it does have a great staying power. I would use this for special occasions like going to the gym / near water / or in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Lealyn23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this thing! It has save my some chedda for sure! I used to buy MAC's lingering and spiked for a while until I discovered this. Although you don't get as much product it definitely serves its purpose. They have a great range of colors. I have almost all of them for when I use them on clients. For the great price and quality of the product, this item has become a staple in my kit. It has a useless brush on the end but that wouldn't stop be from buying it. Staying power is great and the fact that I dont have to sharpen it is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by AdmiralCharlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Easy to use, very fine tip, auto-sharpening, lasts forever, looks natural (I am have it in dark brown for more drama and medium brown for day to day), and stays put like you wouldn't believe! Plus, I got it for about 3 bucks on sale at Ulta, The little comb on the end is great for a fast brush through or touch up. Won't ever be without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by linds1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favourite brow product I have tried. I have gone through many of them, and always have a backup. I find that with a lot of brow pencils it takes a while to get it to look natural and not 'drawn on', but with this one, it looks natural right away. I love the retractable pencil (no sharpening!!) and will continue to purchase these :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Lasted through my weekly hula/tahitian class!! Usually by the end of class i'm dripping in sweat and my eyebrows are halfway gone. After class last night I still had BOTH full eyebrows!! Very impressed with this stuff. Two things I look for when it comes to brow products are lasting power and how they look in pictures. I noticed with brow powders they kind get shiny, its hard for me to explain... The only other eyebrow product that I love but too expensive to buy over and over again is the Anastasia brow pencil. One pencil is $22!! But it does last a long time! This pencil is up there with the Anastasia one. I do need to buy more frequently but I don't mind. Since it's a twisty you don't need to sharpen and you get a nice precise line every time. I've purchased this product over and over again and will continue to purchase. Great product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by fearandloathing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this product is proof that expensive doesn't always mean its better

i've used powders pencils waxes from top notch brands and none have such a good range or colors or lasts all day long without it being noticeble

the only negative thing i can say is that its hard to twist the product out & you don't know when you're about to run out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few products i stockpile...mostly because theres no way to tell when it will run out...and it runs out more quickly than i think. but i love this because it is a great consistency, not waxy, looks natural, lasts all day but mostly i love the color. I have light brown brows and think using anything darker looks too "made-up". So i use the light blonde which doesnt look too harsh on my light skin. I simply can NOT find another color this perfect. But i dont really need to because this works great. And I detest sharpening so i like the twist up style. The only problem with this is, as i said, you can not tell when it is about to run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am reeeally impressed with this pencil. I am big into perfect-looking, manicured eyebrows and have been using brow powder & pencil for years and years. I use NYC's powder and had been using Rimmel's pencil, which was fine, but nothing special. I didn't really think eyebrow pencils could be "something special" -- enter Maybelline's Define-a-Brow! This pencil is super slim, and you don't have to sharpen it - YAY - it twists up. I like the packaging. The way I do my brows is to fill in sparse areas with powder, then use a pencil to 'perfect' them; give them a little more definition. This pencil looks as natural as a powder; it's like the ease of drawing with a pencil coupled with the natural look of a powder. Fantastic! It was like 10 bucks but completely worth it. My new HG.