December 18, 2014 | 1631 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just started using this on my eyebrows, so we'll see. BUT...
I discovered this is the best lip balm for my constantly dry lips. Yes, LIP BALM. I just put a drop of castor oil on my lips with my finger and massage lightly for a couple of seconds. It feels exactly how a good lip balm should feel, precisly because this oil is so thick and sticky, unlike any other oil really. I wore it around the house and during the night for three days now and the difference it made for my lips is stunning. They are soft, moisturized and plump. I did the same yesterday with my (also very dry) hands, whashed them, rubed in a fair amount of castor oil and massaged for about 5 min. The oil soaked in, the stickiness disappeared leaving my hands silky soft and smooth, better than any other hand cream I've tried. And I'm a hand cream junkie, believe me, obsessed with hands. This morning they were still soft and smooth.
I think I just found my lip balm and hand cream/mask HG, all in one:)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Welp, I am a believer as well. Definitely had my doubts but I am a product junkie and after seeing this on MUA I had to give it a try. I wish I could dig up a good photo of how my brows used to look, because wow. I dont even recognize the ones I have now, they are dark and have a nice sheen to them, and they are fuller than I think I have ever seen. I could go without brow filler at this point, which - for me - is unheard of. I usually put it on just to fill in some sparse spots that are filling up quickly, but before? My my...I have yet to have anyone comment on them but I feel its only a matter of time, I've only been doing this treatment for a couple of weeks so its still in the beginning stages. And I dont even use it every night! More like every 3rd night, I apply with a q-tip on my existing brows and where they SHOULD be (lol). I have yet to apply to my eye lashes because I already have long as heck lashes, but might try it to help thicken them.

Give it a try, I think you too will be surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by dunibuni

i am AMAZED at how well this product works.
i apply this to my eyebrows and eyelashes. naturally, i don't have a lot on my eyebrows so i always had to fill it in with eyebrow pencil, but after using this they got thicker and fuller. i don't even have to use eyebrow pencil anymore. my eyelashes also got noticeably longer. a LOT longer than i expected. i got this for less than $2 at CVS. AMAZING. thank you MUA for introducing castor oil to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

uhmm..i've been using cold-pressed castor oil for almost 2 months now every night for about a month..

and i see a difference....... but VERY LITTLE!

i really wana know why everyone is saying..
that with this, they have ''THICKER'' and " DARKER'"
lashes/brows,, because I dont notice that at all after using this everynight for a month..(and more)

my lashes/brows look fuller but only slightly! that i can barely tell !!!!!!!!!!

how frustrating, it seems it works GREAT for everyone else...though...yip-eeeee

one good thing though is that its a good makeup remover..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by edgarallanho

As a brow/lash product, I saw absolutely NO improvement whatsoever. I've been using this faithfully every single night for three months and nothing has changed. :( It does, however, keep the area around my eyes moisturized, but so would any other oil.

As a hair treatment, though, wow! I like to put this on my wet hair at night before I sleep (probably unhealthy and I'll probably get colds a lot, but whatever!) and I shower it out in the morning, and it leaves my curly, no-poo, cone-free hair sooooo silky and smooth. I also like to use it as a sealant over all my hair products, and then scrunching. While I don't think it does anything for my curl, it keeps my hair super silky and moisturized. I only need a tiny quarter-sized drop for my hair (I have hair that goes down to the small of my back, maybe three feet long, but thinner and weak from overprocessing; Asian, slightly coarse, and curly) in the daytime or else it starts getting too sticky and heavy. But it really has made such an improvement in my hair since I've started using it, I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it! Smells a bit grain-y? Not too sure how to describe it, but it's nothing a little essential oil can't fix. It's just a superb hair treatment that can be showered out (but don't overdo it, it's a humectant and it's SUPER viscous and it'll be hard to shower out if you have too much -- learned this the hard way) with a co-wash or a sealant in small amounts on top of all your hair products!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow.....what else can I say but wow. I have only been using this for a week and can see a dramatic difference. My lashes are longer, darker and thicker. I can't believe something so cheap works so well! I haven't tried on my brows yet, but I plan on it. Maybe my hair as well. I just am so happy I found this before I went and bought Revitalash for $100! I don't think anything could work better then this and for $2, who would have though! I think as long as you don't get this in your eyes you should be fine. Def give this a try your won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works!!! I would have never thought in a million years that I would have gorgeous lashes without spending a fortune. Well, I was wrong. This works & it works VERY fast. Within the first week, I saw that my lashes were darker and I had new lashes coming in. Suffice to say, I was shocked! My lashes don't fall out so easily anymore when curling them. I don't know how this works or why, but frankly.. I could care less. It's nothing short of a miracle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by marshmallows84

Can have the reverse effect if not used carefully

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by almostperfect

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had my doubts but after trying it, gotta say it's working nicely (using on brows).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love MUA a lot! I would never thought about using the castor oil i had left from my failed OCM this way unless i read it on here. The lashes on my left eye have always been shorter than the lashes on my other eye. I have been using this oil on my lashes for two weeks now,and now they are the same length! And (Im not going to stop yet about this) my lashes are definately thicker and longer on both eyes: Im so thrilled, how is this possible? I dont know how it works, but it really does for me. Im not ever going to stop using this oil on my lashes. And i added lemon peel to it four days ago, was a little worried about if it was going to sting my eyes. But it did not at all :-D