Castor Oil

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 5/27/2009 11:40:00 PM

This stuff WORKS! I have been using it for the past few months and have definite lash growth as a result. You can even SEE the little lashes that are on the way! I use a disposable mascara wand to apply at night only. The big bottle will take forever to get through, and at $5 a pop, it's incredibly economical. I haven't tried this on my brows, but for lashes it is terrific! HIGHLY recommend!

on 5/22/2009 11:23:00 AM

I so wanted this to work for me. I tried it both on my brows and my eyelashes, rubbing a bit on both with a Q-Tip before bedtime for over a month. I didn't noticed any diffrence. :( Maybe my lashes are already so fabulous that they won't benefit from this...? Sure, I'll tell myself that. I will continue to use this as an eye makeup remover, though. It is a nice, thick oil that does remove makeup well. I recommend that everyone try it, because it does seem to work for most people. Just be prepared for a different result.

on 5/22/2009 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I decided to get this product after doing some research and finding that most of the "lash growth" formulas are comprised of- yes,you guessed it,castor oil,and sometimes wheat protein- (for thickness/volume) I decided that spending under $5 for a good size bottle of this as opposed to Talika ($35 +) or even Mavala ($13??) was much more cost effective.Not only that,but castor oil makes a great eye makeup remover,moisturizer and all around useful product (admittedly, the last time I used this stuff was to bring on labor and while it didn't make a bit of difference in that regard I was mighty regular for a couple of days!)
I love what a previous reviewer mentioned about lip balm; I was using Vitamin E for this but I could see this being a good remedy for chapped lips as well.
I was reading another reviewer's mention about it being "poisonous" (which she disregarded,and rightly so!). It is the castor BEAN where ricin is derived from that is a powerful toxin.Unless you're at home chemist with nefarious intentions,the oil itself is not likely to be of any harm.

on 5/20/2009 8:38:00 PM

Ok, I'm done. I fall for every "miracle" product touted on MUA, with high hopes of the wonderful results reported by other members. Once again, I've wasted mt time & money (thankfully it's cheap). I'm blond with below average lash length & density. How I wish I had lush lashes. Castor oil does nothing but make a good eye makeup remover. I've used it for 3 months with zero results.
Save your $.

on 5/9/2009 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this on my eyelashes for quite awhile now. I simply rub them on the lashes at night. I have been doing this continuously and saw results after more or less than a month. My lashes are thicker and longer. They never fall out when I rub them now either. Those who are considering revitalash or talika lipocils should invest in a 4 dollar bottle of this stuff first.
It's been great for my brows as well.
I never use this on my face in fear that I will grow facial hair.

on 5/8/2009 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this mixed with EVOO on my eyelashes. It started out as an experimental eyemakeup remover, as I was wanting to get away from chemicals and start a purer routine for my skin.

I had read that this combo helped with growing lashes, but to be honest I didn't think too much about it as my first experiment with castor oil in this way was horrible (too much!).

After a couple weeks, though, I noticed something: my eyelashes were getting thicker and longer! The observation caught me off guard. I can only deduce that this drastic change is a result of my new oil routine. I have since decanted some product into a mascara bottle and am brushing it on before bed.

Thank you, oils of the world! Definitely HG.

on 4/27/2009 6:25:00 PM

i LOVE castor oil! i actually use it on my whole face and neck every night before bed. since i have been doing this not only have my eyelashes gotten stronger and longer (i put it there too) but my sleep wrinkles are not so noticeable in the morning and my face looks more refreshed.

i've tried using other oils (including my beloved VCO which i used to use on my face) and now i always go running back to castor oil!

try it! it is amazing!

on 4/14/2009 5:25:00 AM

I read everyone's rave reviews of this and decided I'd give it a try. Last night was the first night. I put it lightly on my eyelashes and the base of my lashes and also on my eyebrows. When I woke up this morning my left eye felt scratchy, so I looked in the mirror and found a wierd white dot on the upper lid underneath my lashes where it was touching my eyeball! It clogged up a pore overnight and I actually had an eyelid zit!!! So, that's it for using it on my lashes, but I'm still going to give it a go on my brows.

on 4/12/2009 3:06:00 AM

I just started using this on my eyebrows, so we'll see. BUT...
I discovered this is the best lip balm for my constantly dry lips. Yes, LIP BALM. I just put a drop of castor oil on my lips with my finger and massage lightly for a couple of seconds. It feels exactly how a good lip balm should feel, precisly because this oil is so thick and sticky, unlike any other oil really. I wore it around the house and during the night for three days now and the difference it made for my lips is stunning. They are soft, moisturized and plump. I did the same yesterday with my (also very dry) hands, whashed them, rubed in a fair amount of castor oil and massaged for about 5 min. The oil soaked in, the stickiness disappeared leaving my hands silky soft and smooth, better than any other hand cream I've tried. And I'm a hand cream junkie, believe me, obsessed with hands. This morning they were still soft and smooth.
I think I just found my lip balm and hand cream/mask HG, all in one:)

on 4/11/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Welp, I am a believer as well. Definitely had my doubts but I am a product junkie and after seeing this on MUA I had to give it a try. I wish I could dig up a good photo of how my brows used to look, because wow. I dont even recognize the ones I have now, they are dark and have a nice sheen to them, and they are fuller than I think I have ever seen. I could go without brow filler at this point, which - for me - is unheard of. I usually put it on just to fill in some sparse spots that are filling up quickly, but before? My my...I have yet to have anyone comment on them but I feel its only a matter of time, I've only been doing this treatment for a couple of weeks so its still in the beginning stages. And I dont even use it every night! More like every 3rd night, I apply with a q-tip on my existing brows and where they SHOULD be (lol). I have yet to apply to my eye lashes because I already have long as heck lashes, but might try it to help thicken them.

Give it a try, I think you too will be surprised!

Popular Brows Products