October 25, 2014 | 2016 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow.....what else can I say but wow. I have only been using this for a week and can see a dramatic difference. My lashes are longer, darker and thicker. I can't believe something so cheap works so well! I haven't tried on my brows yet, but I plan on it. Maybe my hair as well. I just am so happy I found this before I went and bought Revitalash for $100! I don't think anything could work better then this and for $2, who would have though! I think as long as you don't get this in your eyes you should be fine. Def give this a try your won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works!!! I would have never thought in a million years that I would have gorgeous lashes without spending a fortune. Well, I was wrong. This works & it works VERY fast. Within the first week, I saw that my lashes were darker and I had new lashes coming in. Suffice to say, I was shocked! My lashes don't fall out so easily anymore when curling them. I don't know how this works or why, but frankly.. I could care less. It's nothing short of a miracle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by marshmallows84

Can have the reverse effect if not used carefully

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by almostperfect

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had my doubts but after trying it, gotta say it's working nicely (using on brows).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love MUA a lot! I would never thought about using the castor oil i had left from my failed OCM this way unless i read it on here. The lashes on my left eye have always been shorter than the lashes on my other eye. I have been using this oil on my lashes for two weeks now,and now they are the same length! And (Im not going to stop yet about this) my lashes are definately thicker and longer on both eyes: Im so thrilled, how is this possible? I dont know how it works, but it really does for me. Im not ever going to stop using this oil on my lashes. And i added lemon peel to it four days ago, was a little worried about if it was going to sting my eyes. But it did not at all :-D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 5:33:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have learned a lot being on MUA and have even picked up some advice and suggestions for not so ordinary beauty products such as baby wipes (I love them still to this day). When I read the reviews for castor oil I thought why not?? It's very cheap and readily available in all d/s so I purchased a bottle and tried it.
I gently applied it with a q-tip to my lashes and eyebrows before bed. It smells horrible, is thick and messy, and it has left the skin around my eyes & brows red and scaly (especially in my brows....yuck) I didn't have a bad reaction till the third night when I awoken from a deep slumber feeling like my face caught fire!! I have been castor oil free for 2 days now and my eye region continues to hurt, but is starting to heal. I can't leave my house and I can't wear any makeup as I have been slabbing on cream gently. There has been no new growth in either my eyelash or brow region. Sadly if anything I have lost eyelashes (a few have fallen out) and my weird bald patch on my right eyebrow appears worse. I can't recommend this product, but would suggest people try a spot test (like hair dye) to see if they have a reaction before applying it to a delicate and vital area on the body. I have NEVER had a seriously reaction like this before to my skin on any product, so was very surprised to have this happen. Use with caution.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by elles7781

To be honest, I was very skeptical of this product, but after reading the reviews I picked up a bottle at my local Henry's health food market. OMG AMAZING! After only a week of using the Castor Oil on my lashes I can honestly and truly see a difference. My lashes were already strong and relatively long to begin with, and after using the Castor oil they are even more beautiful. I now only apply one thin coat of mascara, and seriously look like I have false lashes on. Do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle of this magical oil-you will not regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by dyanp989

Absolutely amazed. I've been using this for about a month and a half and I really notice a difference - my eyebrows have really filled in and the bald bits I have from overplucking are slowly (very slowly) starting to show signs of hair! after years of baldness, this really seems to be working.

Never thought I'd see that again! It's messy and a bit of a pain. I find that brushing the brows with an eyebrow brush every day exfoliates and lets the hair grow in faster.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

People use it to encourage hair growth for brows and eyelashes.
I picked up a medium size bottle of cold pressed castor oil from Whole Foods for like 7 or 8 bucks.

At night, after I wash, tone and moisturize with my usual routine... I barely dip a q-tip into the castor oil and swipe it across each brow and then use the last bit across my lashes. (I massage the oil in for maybe 15 seconds with the end of the same q-tip, especially on the areas that I want to see the most results. I've been doing it for 5 days and I'm really impressed...... but I must say I noticed a difference after the very first night.
The first night I used it I woke up to find that a bald spot that I've had in my brows for 7 years had 3 new 1/8" hairs sticking out if it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 7:21:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Castor oil=the miracle worker.
There are loads of reviews here praising & detailing its every virtue, so I feel I don't need to add much. Just echoing the facts: ~will give you perfect skin ~will make your lashes grow and grow.
I come from the sub-continent, desi-land, where every woman seems to be born with the knowledge of every oil and its beautifying properties. I didn't grow up there, though, so I missed out.
Then one day my cousin saw me putting on mascara, with my classic mascara-face (mouth open like a kind of silent scream, furrowed forehead), and went "Why do you use that?" "Cuz my lashes don't show up otherwise." "Why do you want your lashes to show up?" "Cuz it's pretty." "Why don't you use castor oil like Aapi?" (aapi means big sister)
It happened like a tv commercial, basically. Anyway, so after a couple of days of using it, I noticed a layer of lashes growing ABOVE the original layer.
Now, after a few months' use: thicker. longer (definitely not imagining this, since now they skim my eyebrows, whereas before, even curling them wouldn't get them that high). and MORE of them.
By the way, you know how when you put on eyeliner, you gotta get it in between the lash-gaps, as close to the lash line as possible? Now I've given up lining the upper lid, because those lash gaps DON'T EXIST. Basically there's no space to apply liner so that it would look natural, you know? In case anyone has doubts, this is A Great Thing.
**UPDATE**The subject's come up on the forums, that medical practitioners say castor oil could possibly cause blindness, that it's poisonous.
FYI, the herbal medicene system from India, Ayurveda, has prescribed castor oil for a remedy of all sorts, for thousands of years. Problems both minor (e.g. short, sparse eyelashes) and major (e.g. removing toxic substances from the body). It's used in poultices (external) and tonics (internal) with no adverse reactions.
YES, the castor BEAN can be used to create a very powerful poison--however, the oil that you get in a bottle is completely different, chemically, from the bean itself, and is notpoisonousatall. If the oil was so harmful, why is it that Indian women have been using it as a beauty treatment (that includes the eyelashes) for thousands of years? Surely that practice would have been stopped in its tracks centuries ago, if castor oil was truly unsafe.
People in the medical field need to open their eyes to the ancient healing traditions, which have actually provided modern pharmacies with the basis of much of their medicene...science has a lot to research yet. If it works, & if it's been tried and tested for longer than Western medicene's been around, & if the women of India/Pakistan/Bangladesh have pretty good vision (FYI most of the ladies in these countries have castor oil around for beauty treatments)...then you better believe that whoever bunks it as a myth is misinformed.

123 out of 128 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No