Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

I mix a little of this with my Macadamia oil. I use it on my face and the ends of my hair. I love it. IIt dries quickly and does not make my face break out. I rarely break out so acne is not an issue. The macadamia oil has a slight odor but it fades. I have gone 100% natural and have stopped using chemicals on my face. I see an improvement in texture and softness of my skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

my HG moisturizer additive. i add 3 drops to my moisturizer and my skin has never felt sooo smooth!!! i've used this for a year and cannot live without it! i HIGHLY recommend it. You can use this alone however i have very undernourished skin..

I like this stuff a lot. I want to love it, but I just can't... in the summer I purchased Josie Maran's Argan Oil w/ SPF and LOVED the way it made my skin look, so I thought this would do the same. It really doesn't. I use it at night and I like it as a moisturizer, but I definitely prefer the SPF one for use in the morning. It does feel nice though, I'm just not sure if it's living up to the hype.

I'm experiencing irritation when I use this on my face and not mixed in with body lotion. A very informative SA at Sephora explained that essential oils such as this can have an irritating and burning feeling if using on skin that have been applied with retinol products. Mystery solved! So buyer beware and stick with pure apricot or camelia oil for dryness at half the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I need an extra item to get my free shipping at Sephora, so I've decided to get this. I got the mini / travel version just to try.

It feels nice on the skin, BUT I learned my lesson not to put any oils on an acne-prone skin. I got cystic acne on my chin after using this. Once I stopped, it went away.

So I only use this now for my hair, I have long hair and I need six drops to cover halfway down to the tips. It works, but not really "wow"ed by it. It's on the OK level for me. But with the price for the size, not worth it. There's other organic 100% argan oil out there for cheaper. And also, I might want to try other hair serums.

So I'll be using it until I ran out but will not repurchase.

I've tried this product a couple of times and it just doesn't do anything for me. I have combination skin with some acne scarring and a bit of sun damage, but the argan oil didn't help with any of those issues. Also, it sits on my face for a long time before being absorbed (or maybe it just ends up on my pillowcase at night). I switched between this and Trilogy Rosehip oil and there is a huge difference. The rosehip oil absorbs more quickly and my face actually has a luminosity to it when I use the rosehip vs. the argan oil. I'm sure it's just based on individual skin types, but the argan oil just doesn't work for me unfortunately.

This oil combined with Ole Henriksen's Collagen Booster serum are my new HG products. I LOVE IT. It doesn't make your face oil and didn't make me break out at all.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I have oily but dehydrated, acne-prone skin. I love this stuff! It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. And it doesn't cause zits (for me).

I tried it in the Sephora Glow kit and then bought a full-size bottle.

Be careful when removing the dropper from the bottle. I've wasted a bit of oil when it dripped off the dropper.

I use it mainly on my face. I put 3 drops total on my cheeks (1 1/2 drops each cheek) and then 1 drop on my forehead and then 1 drop on my nose/mouth/chin area. If there's any extra, I gently dot it around my eyes. If there isn't any extra, I use like half a drop on my eyes.

I can't believe an oil works so well for my acne-prone skin (thank you, PCOS). But it does. Love this stuff! continued >>

This product didn't break out my face per se, but it did give me a few huge blackheads on my cheeks. Typically I only get blackheads on my nose and chin, so seeing a few huge blackheads on my cheek was unusual. I think this product did a nice job moisturizing, but eventually I just used it to deep condition my hair and moisturize my body. I find that the jars that the argan oil come in are great for keeping for other useful purposes. It wasn't a "wow" product in my opinion, just an oil that absorbs nicely into skin that you could probably just find for half the price.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I got a sample from Sephora and I am really thinking the full size may be worth the $48. I used it as a sealant on my natural hair and it sealed in moisture and gave my hair great sheen! But it worked even better on my skin which I think if I am going to buy it again, it would be used on my skin only. This oil gave my skin a great glow and left my skin feeling baby soft without any breakouts. My skin absorbed it well and did not leave my face looking like an oil slick.

Video Reviews & Tutorials