September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

GREAT stuff. I've used it for three weeks, and after only one week saw a big difference. My skin is much more even and healthy-looking, fine lines are lessened, redness is calmed, dark spots faded, skin looks plump, and I keep getting compliments. I use it at night only, 2 drops warmed in my hands and then smoothed over my face. No breakouts. This is a very thin and easily-absorbed oil. Worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Update May 4, 2011: Still using this and my skin is lookin' gooood!
I was reluctant to moisturize with OIL, but this product is great. I have combo skin and this helps to balance it nicely. I am slightly acne-prone, and this has not made me break out at all. My skin has had far fewer blackheads since I've been using this. I love it, and will definitely buy it again.
I have not tried another brand of argan oil, but any cosmetic grade version would logically be identical in quality...and maybe even cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

This stuff is amazing! HOwever, I will probably look into other brands as this is expensive. Her products are pretty good and this is not exception.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Argan oil is great, but you don't have to pay this much for Argan oil. Josie's is just pure argan oil, same as any other argan oil from Amazon or Whole Foods or something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After buying Josie Maran's Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick, I had to try the liquid oil itself. I purchased a small bottle, about .5 ounces, for around $14. Kind of expensive, but I really loved the Moisturizing Stick, so I had to try it.
This is a really nice oil. I would use it on my eyes and lashes, and also on my lips and any other areas that were dry or irritated. I never really noticed that it lengthened my lashes, like some say it does, but it did make them stronger. This also helped heal a few pimples that had become sore or I had messed with (bad, I know.) Occasionally, I would use it on my hair as well. I could never use it as my main moisturizer though. My skin is combination, more oily than dry, and this oil was too heavy. It would give me slight breakouts. Nothing to severe, but if I used it consistently over time, I'm sure it would really create some problems.
The size I bought came in a nice dropper bottle, which I found convenient, but after a while, the bottle began to leak some.
This is a good quality product, and I would recommend it to others. However, its very expensive. I've been using grapeseed oil ever since running out of this, and it has done a good job as well. I would research other oils or other brands that carry argan oil before dropping too much cash on this particular brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by SimplySweetness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this daily/nightly for about 2 1/2 weeks and my skin has improved drastically! I have combination skin as well as cystic acne and this mixed with a prescribed antibiotic, my skin cleared up within days. Not to mention my skin used to be quite scaly feeling. It has softened it up more than I can ever remember my skin being. I also think it may be pulling blackheads out. My forehead and nose have next to nothing left on them. Before this, it was a major problem. And I could never really get rid of them until now!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by girly704

This product did nothing for me. I expected it to be much more nourishing and moisturizing because it was an oil, but was disappointed. I applied this to my face before I slept, and found that the product just sat on top of my skin even when I woke up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by linuxgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the travel size of this several months ago, and despite daily use, I still have plenty left. A little goes a long way. Basically I use 4 or 5 drops and rub it through the ends of my hair to smooth split ends. It makes my hair nice and soft, but I tried it on my face and I think it made me break out. Don't use too much or you can easily make your hair too greasy. I really like it and may repurchase if I ever run out!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by kiwipapaya

This product is nothing like what I imagined. It hasn't helped me to moisturize my skin at all. Feels very oily. No added value. EVO can do so much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by oh_darling

I originally bought this product for my face, but didn't like using it on my skin. I think it made me break out. However, since I didn't like it for that purpose, I started using it on my hair. I am currently growing my hair out and it's about shoulder length. I put the oil on the ends of my hair at night- usually 2-3 times a week (I have to wash out the next morning because it looks greasy). I swear this stuff has saved me from split ends! I used to get split ends so badly and now I don't! I can even go longer in between trims and my stylist has commented on the better condition of my hair. This is the only thing I've added and changed in my routine so this has to be what's saved my hair. The only reason I give it 4 out of 5 is because of the price. I don't use that much and it's lasted quite a while, but still. I'm going to switch to the Garden of Wisdom argan oil and see how that works. I will come back to this brand, though, if I don't like the cheaper.