April 20, 2014 | 1001 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It IS mattifying so your skin won't look or feel oily in the least. I haven't been using it as consistently as I should but that's on my list of New Year's resolutions. Will update.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this products to prevent aging. It says on the box it will improve radiance, prevent free radical damage, is all natural and has antioxidants. I use it on my neck, chest, and hands. It is very moisturizing. My skin looks plump and supple after I use it. My fav moisturizer to put on afterward is Lubriderm ointment. Anything heavy works well. I suggest aquaphor ointment too. My skin is so smooth now. It sinks into my skin and doesn't have that oily sticky feeling. Pricey though. About $50 for a 1.7 oz bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i purchased the small travel size argan oil at sephora for about $18. I use it almost every day and I still have a lot let in the bottle ( I have had it for about a month). It works really well at moisturizing your skin, it sinks in right away, and it does not clog my pores. It does not feel like you have oil on your face at all. I have read really amazing things about argan oil and like it a lot. i might not wear it in the summer only because there is no spf in it and i have a summer moisturizer i like with spf, but at night it does wonders for your face. a great product.

update: i am using it all summer long, especially in my hair that i just got highlighted- it really helps to keep my hair healthy in the summer sun. I will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is so expensive, $48.00, if you buy the full size product because it is such a little package. I bought the cheaper version, the smaller bottle for $14.00 at Sephora.

I have been using Argan Oil since Josie Maran's line came out and I believe it's worth the money. The psoriasis I developed a year ago behind my right ear is no longer itching me, my desert dry forehead is teenage soft and it hasn't been since 2004, and my pimples at the time rapidly healed, but you should know, I have pretty good skin to begin with. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product for the little eyedropper it comes with, making it easy to get an exact amount with no waste. Also, it doesn't have all those additives that act as "fillers," it is 100% Argan Oil, and this is all you need to make the transition from your summer/fall skincare routine to your winter one! Before this, I was trying a bunch of different creams because DD by Clinique wasn't enough for my dry cheeks in the winter time, but I just started adding a few drops of this to any moisturizer I have and it lasts me 24 hours! No need to reapply in the morning, although I still do. My skin is combination, with oily spots on my nose mostly, but this doesn't make my skin greasy at all. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Shainaelise

Pretty expensive but you get what you pay for. *Use with another moisturizer b/c it does have a matte effect. Helped with everything!! and made my skin glow

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by SugarLily17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been struggling with acne for years. Not only did I get acne but I also had little red marks left. I feel like this product along with no longer using the make up I was using helped heal my acne and the red spots. I stopped using it and the clogged pores came back so I'll never be with out it! The only con I've noticed is that my skin seems drier.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by uggslippers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It has really refined my pores and balanced my skin. I am in my mid 30's, always had oily skin, enlarged pores; the more continuously I've used this, the better the results have been. I highly recommend this product. Plus, it's all natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

1/2012 - My HG moisturizer! Love this stuff. I put as my base before spf.

5/19/11 - I just purchased Watts argan oil from Amazon. $19 for 2 oz. A deal compared to half an oz of JM oil. Man, I hope this gives the same effect as the Josie Maran argan oil.

3/30/11 UPDATE: I purchased my trustworthy Argan Oil again!! The jojoba oil just wasn't cutting it. It didn't moisturize my face enough leaving it itchy and bumpy in the tzone area during mid-day. Argan oil as a base is a must for me!

3/18/11 UPDATE: I ran out of my argan oil. I started using my organic jojoba oil instead as a base. Works just as good so far.

I WAS combating dry, problematic skin. I seem to break out no matter what product I use. So decided to try Josie Maran Argan oil. I played smart and purchased the travel size for $15 at Sephora. I am more than overjoyed with the results. My skin has returned to it's normal more balanced state. No more breakouts! My skin is soft, smoother, supple. I thought I was just getting older but this renewed my skin to it's youthful vigor. I apply this first, then moisturizer with spf then primer. My makeup has never looked better. It's an oil but dries quickly yet leaves skin moisturized. It has a faint smell but it doesn't linger. Been a user for about a months and use 3 drops in the a.m. and p.m. I highly recommend this product!! I hope this product works for you too!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by clownface

This worked great for the first week or so, and then it dried my skin out terribly...which was completely unexpected. I have dry skin, so I was expecting this to provide some extra moisture, but it somehow did the opposite. If you have normal skin, I'd say give it a try. It absorbs quickly and is odorless, and I love that it's a natural line so I'm disappointed it didn't work for me. UPDATE: The MUA at Sephora told me this is a "mattifying" oil so that explains the reason for the drying effect.