December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over a year and it's excellent. My skin looks and feels softer. Has not broken me out. Not irritating at all. I find its helped a lot with the areas of my face that are dry but hasn't made the oily areas ( my t zone) of my face worse. I cleanse then apply 3-4 drops on damp skin. it works great to soften cuticles and helps tame frizz on my curly hair. I like to use it on my knees and elbows as well. You can use this for so many things! I've purchased other argon oils and they broke me out but not this one. Have repurchased 3X already

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by frankiekeller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never written a review before, but as I sit here now, lamenting the fact that I ran out of this miracle oil 2 weeks ago and didn't put in an order to restock until today, I know that I should tell everyone how great this product is.

2 tidbits of advice:

1. Wet your face with a little bit of water before applying - You only need 3-4 drops of oil and the water makes it spread over your face smoothly and sink in so beautifully.

2. Stick with it- this miracle takes about 2-3 weeks to change your life. Hang in there through the tiny bumps and slightly oily feeling that happens those first two weeks. Totally, completely, unbelievably worth it.

I have really pretty good skin, I can't really complain. But sometimes it gets dry and sometimes it gets oily, and sometimes it breaks out. Within 2 weeks of using this oil (3 drops in the morning, 3 drops at night) everything changed- no dryness, no breakouts, no oily skin. My skintone was more even, and I just looked glowy. I stopped wearing any foundation or concealer or tinted moisturizer. My skin looked so good I didn't want to hide it.

Alas, after a couple weeks of not using it my skin has returned to its ho-hum state. A few little breakouts here and there, some dry patches. Needless to say, after reaching near-perfection, I am running back to this little miracle, regardless of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Cat0727

Another product I wanted to like. It didn't do any wonders for my skin. I felt like it made it worse, if anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jo2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really tried to like this product, but my skin actually looked worse after using argan oil. Small bumps everywhere. Not very moisturizing/penetrating...seems to just sit on top of skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by tigeygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The best !! 'Nuff said.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

Lovely product. Very versatile. Can use it on face, body and hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

I was real excited to try this but I dont really find anything special about argan oil. Its just ok but I didnt notice any difference and I think my chin may have gotten clogged from this(but alot of products do) Its nice but I just dont find it amazing. But try it for yourself its only $15 for a pretty good size bottle and if you hate it, Sephora lets you return it. It feels good on hair and cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by thaliairoquois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I have only begun using this product, I'm pleasantly surprised by the results already! My skin looks softer (the pores seem smaller and the surface is smoother), and I've been using only 2 drops each evening, pressing it into my skin (rather than rubbing it). I also use one drop on my eyes, and my favorite use so far is to use one drop *after* makeup, to create a youthful glow.

Some reviewers have mentioned a smell ... it's barely noticeable to me, and nowhere near as pungent or gross as that of neem oil. Try it from Sephora; if you don't like it, you can always return it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased organic Argan oil for $15 for two ounces off of eBay. Sorry, but Josie Maran's is 4x as expensive.

I received it on a Saturday and immediately proceeded to slather my face in it. I didn't worry because I had used a lot of other facial oils without too many problems, just a few white heads, so I would discontinue use.

Within two days, the skin around my chin erupted. I still get the occasional pimple, but I hadn't broken out like that since I was a teenager. It was mortifying. I had tons of angry whiteheads sprouting up on my chin near the corners of my mouth. For the first time ever, I broke out UNDER my chin- and I've never had pimples there before. My skin was breaking out so bad it was practically a gigantic lesion.

I peeled and crusted, but within a week my skin was looking salvageable.

Lesson learned, Always do a spot test for a couple days.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by gali

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Mostly I enjoy sharing my experience with products I love and work for me, however once in a while I will make an exception. This time I will review a product that did not live up to my expectations.
I was curious about it's wonders, heard so many positive raves, I just knew it will join my other skin care products in no time.
Josie Maran's Argan oil is made of pure Argan oil. The packaging is very practical yet still nice glass dropper bottle. The price however was not as nice! Still, it didn't stop me from buying this supposedly all purpose, magic in a bottle. I bought the large size and a smaller one I could travel with. I had used up the large size and didn't skip any part of my body I could try it on. I've tried it as a hair treatment/conditioner/shine treatment etc., Didn't experience anything extraordinary. I've tried it on my dry/dehaydrated facial skin days, on it's own or as a sealer over another moisturizer, as a primer, as a bath treatment, as a hands and body moisturizer, as a...I can go on, but will stop here. Why?! Because! I haven't experienced anything different or special that other inexpensive products couldn't do. Yes, it is a nice non greasy pure argan oil. However Olive oil, or almond oil, or even castor oil are just as nice, and for a different price. I'm not totally disappointed, it was good while it lasted. Though I have a feeling Josie Maran's Argan oil will not make another appearance on my bathroom counter. This was my own experience with the magical oil.
Different strokes for different...