Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Where to start... well first off, I have sensitive/combination/acne/allergy-prone skin. I was hoping that this would help clear my skin, but it did the exact opposite. After putting a little on my face before I went to sleep, I woke up and saw that I broke out everywhere. I continued using it for a couple weeks just to test it out, and my skin just looked terrible. It was very moisturizing and everything, but it didn't matter. I guess my skin doesn't like oils being on it. Luckily I bought the smaller version, but I still have a lot left and it makes me mad that I paid that much for bad skin. I'm sure it works great on people with nice, non-sensitive skin!

on 7/29/2011 7:48:00 PM

I have really sensitive skin and used to use gasoline which is a little greasy. I love this oil. Just wash it was a little easier to use and not so expensive but I love how it feels on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I never in my life have written a review but because of what this product has done for me I felt it was only fair that I do. This Josie Maran Argan Oil has LITERALLY SAVED my skin. Just 4 days ago my face was full of tiny bumps and blemishes. My forehead was so bad it looked like sandpaper because of how rough and the tiny bumps I had. I received this oil as a gift from Sephora and didnt think much of it until I started reseraching and reading reviews. I decided to try it and Ive never been happier with my skin. Its so lighweight and smooth that your face does NOT feel one bit greasy after using it.
I simply wash my face with Cetaphil soap (Ladies this wash is very mild and great for your face) and then I apply a few drops of the argan oil on my face and let it sit. I do this in the morning and at night before going to bed and It has cleared my skin. Im so stunned I almost cry at how amazing my skin looks!! After trying MURAD acne complex and other products, nothing worked and make my skin more irritated and worse. You can even apply some moisturizer after the oil and your face wont be oily or greasy! Trust me when I say this stuff is absolutely completely amazing and great for your hair too. I am ecstatic and will def be buying more when my free bottle runs out :)

on 7/11/2011 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff and I love it. I have yet to put it on my entire face... but I have used it for 2 scars I acquired as a child that both needed stitches, and it has flattened them and removed the redness. I also used it on my (now ex) smoker mouth lines and it took them completley away. I really do love this stuff. I am currently "testing it" on a fresh acne cyst scar and we'll see how well it works.
This priduct is super moisturizing and is well worth the price tag.

on 7/2/2011 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination acne prone skin...and this Argan Oil works great for my skin! I use 4 drops at night, like a serum after cleansing/toning, before applying moisturizer. It does not cause me to break out, and when I do have my occasional monthly breakout, JMC's Argan Oil actually helps calm my skin and reduce the redness and size of my pimples. It's amazing! During one bad break out session, I stopped using the oil in hopes that the pimples would go away, but it got worse, I decided to start using the Argan Oil again and the next morning my pimples were reduced in size and redness was also reduced. This oil is now a must in my skin care.

on 6/24/2011 3:08:00 PM

I was surprise to find that use of this oil made my face dry. One day I I let it sit on my face for 20 minutes. Then I put mineral makeup on.
Later in the day my makeup looked awful.My husband told me that my makeup looked bad. This does not happen with any other of my products.

One in a while, I use it at night and put another product over it. This works fine.

A noticed that very few people stated that their skin became dry.This review is not very helpful. I just wanted the frew women who has the same experience to know, they are not alone.

on 6/24/2011 1:39:00 PM

I love JM's argan oil. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it gives my face a GLOW like no other and makes me look much younger. I use retin-A every night so I use the oil in the mornings. It really calms my skin, moisterizes it (it tends to be really dry from the retin-a) and doesn't make me break out even though I am very prone to breakouts. It's not one of those oils that sits on top of your face. It sinks right in which is why they call it a "dry oil." I love it. It is a bit pricey and I have found organic argan oils on amazon.com that are much cheaper (which I plan to use on my body). You can get an 8oz size bottle of organic argan oil from Kae Moroccan on amazon.com for $31... versus 1.7oz of JM argan oil for $48 (got mine at Sephora)... so there are other brands which are much less. But I have yet to finish my JM argan oil and I think it'll last me awhile. Check out the New York Times article on argan oil ... they call it "liquid gold"

on 6/21/2011 4:58:00 PM

I really have had great luck with this oil. I use a couple of drops warmed in my hand any time, I need a little extra moisture or glow. I have used it on my lips, and cuticles, and hair as well. I took off a lippie because the glass bottle gets slippery with the oil, and the lid doesn't seem to close tightly either...not sure it would travel well.

on 6/21/2011 4:10:00 PM

I loved this little bottle of oil! Like many people, I didn't think using oil on oily skin was a favorable idea. I had a little deluxe sample bottle of this that came with a set and tried it once after washing my face. Afterwards, I didn't notice any reaction on my skin so I stopped using it. However, months later my dermatologist gave me retin-a because my skin started to have breakouts. The retin-a dried my skin and my face was peeling and flaking. Four months and countless bottles of moisturizers later, my skin still hadn't recovered from the drying effects of retin-a.

Then one night, I spotted the little bottle of argan oil on my dresser again. I decided what the heck, none of my creams seemed to be working. So after washing my face with a mild cleanser, I poured a few drops of oil onto my palm and used my fingertips to press it into my skin. When I woke in the morning, I noticed less dry patches on my skin. After only a week of nightly use, the argan oil had begun to heal my skin in a way none of my creams were able to. My skin soaked it up, there wasn't a bit of greasy feeling afterwards, and my skin was even becoming less oily during the day time.

The one con for this product is the price. It's too expensive for me to use every night, but this oil has replaced any cream or lotion that I have, so I've decided to search for a cheaper alternative. Right now I'm using The Vitamin Shoppe's unscented almond oil.

on 6/20/2011 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's magic! Im 32 and have ...well had... hormonal break outs and usually have a couple bumps along my jawline at all times. I've been using this for 2 weeks and I now have 0 bumps, my skin is smooth and glowing like I never thought it would be in my life and my dark spots from the old bumps are fading fast. I only use 1 to 1.5 drops for my face....I wet my hands put a drop in my palm and rub them together than pat onto my face...I think this makes the oil absorb better and you dont need 3-4 drops to do your whole face. I also stretch that to my neck and chest ( which also looks smooth and glowy now) . I also have been using this on my eyes and eyelashes and the eyelashes are def doing better. I usually just swipe my finger on the side of the dropper and get a bit and that is enough for both eyes...its not even a full drop. I havent had any issues with eye irritation like other reviewers....it could be that they are applying too much. Also use it on my hair just a few drops when its looking dry and it makes my hair smooth and silky. I use LUSH coal face and herbalism mixed together to clean my face and then apply the argan oil. I was only using at night but have started using it in the morning as well b/c the results were so good. I have an oily Tzone and I do feel like im not getting as oily as I normaly would....havent used my oil blotters for atleast a week ;-) ! It makes your make up go on smooth....this stuff is just amazing. My mom also tried some on the circles under her eyes and they were def lighter after only a few days of use. It is expensive but worth every penny to me b/c of all the other products I can do without now. good bye moisturizer..good bye expensive eye cream, good bye make up primer...just to name a few. Please try it with wetting your hands and only using a drop or two...it def works...stretches the product out and could possible keep you from breaking out from using too much.

Popular Moisturizers