Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.9

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 6/15/2011 3:43:00 PM

I got this in one of those great Sephora seasonal kits....and I thought this was a great beauty oil! I used it to condition my ends, and even applied it on my face once a week just to give my skin some extra love. I wouldn't use this every night or my face would break out, but I didn't notice any adverse effects when I used this...if anything, my face looks more even-toned in the mornings. This would be fabulous on drier skin.

EDIT: 4/4/2012 I have been using this and nothing else on my skin every night for almost two weeks, and my skin is glowing, smooth and clear. My skin has not looked this good in a couple of years. Will continue to use and repurchase once I've used it up.

Such a gorgeous product. It's practical, reasonably priced, and still in a beautiful little bottle! I love patting this on my skin post shower, and it doesn't break out my face. Smooths my hair and makes it shine like a dream!

The girl at Sephora also pointed out that Moroccan oil gradually stains your hair, while this product does not.

on 6/2/2011 11:59:00 AM

Great stuff.

I am only giving it four stars, because any oil is a pain to use, and it does seem to absorb and migrate into my eyes, almost inevitably. Not keen on that oily eye irritation thing in the evening.

However, always shocked at the luminosity this stuff gives my skin. I wake up after using it and go, "Wow."

I am a skincare s/lut and I never, ever stay with the same product. Ever. This product is in the rotation, and I do enjoy the results. I had never tried Argan oil before purchasing this, so I'm on the hunt for other options, as I hear this one is full of some pretty nasty chemicals .... don't know for certain, but I've read various places that the "all natural" label on JM's argan oil is misleading.

This oil has been a great introduction to the benefits of Argan oil, though. And until I find another brand, will probably repurchase.

Over forty, combo skin, still prone to breakouts. This helps stabilize my skin and gives me an amazing glow.

on 5/28/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I WILL buy Argan Oil 4EVER but not JM. You can buy this on EBAY for 1/8th the price, same quality. I use it on my face, body, hair etc and LOVE the ARGAN OIL.

BUY it from somewhere else to save $$$$$$$$$$$ if you like the oil

on 5/21/2011 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has literally SAVED my face. I have been using stuff for about 3 weeks now. I was a little hesitant to put oil on my face as my skin is very acne prone and also sensitive. I dont know why but prior to using this I was having a horrible couple of months where I was getting cystic acne on and around my chin constantly. I was getting so depressed about it and tried everything-but nothing worked and most things I tried only made it worse. I actually bought this ONLY for the moisturizing properites because my skin was starting to get very flakey and dry from all the acne stuff I was using to treat my acne. Ladies if you have cystic acne, listen up- All my acne went away as soon as I started using this and also I cut out ALL PRODUCTS that are made for acne (like salicylic acid, benoyole peroxide, etc)
This is my daily routine, and within 1 week my skin was completley clear and was glowing and it has been 3 weeks and NO ACNE-NOT ONE! This has never happened and I am still so amazed that my skin looks this great. Heres what I do:
Morning Routine:
1. Philosophy Purity Cleanser
2. Josie Maran Argan Oil (6 drops patted on to face, let sink in 2-3 mins)
2. Followed up with Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer.
THATS it for morning (I know, No SPF-but my makeup has SPF in it and most SPF's in moisturizers burn my face. As I said before I am very sensitive.

Night Routine:
1. Remove all eye and face makeup with unscented sensitive baby wipe with Olive Oil on it (this is such a great way to gently and effectively remove ALL makeup and it is so cheap)
2. Philosophy Purity Wash w/ Clarisonic ( I dont use the Clarisonic in the morning, only at night)
3. Olay Night Resurfacing Elixer (2 pumps-wait 5 mins to soak in)
4. Josie Maran Argan Oil (6 drops patted on face-wait 2-3 mins)
5. Neutrogena ageless restoratives night moisture

And Wala! Beautiful Skin- Hope this helps you guys out. It worked wonders for me, but everyone's skin is different. But if your skin is like mine-sensitive, prone to breakouts in the chin area and you want to try something a little less harsh than give it a try! I will be buying this stuff for the rest of my life-I may opt for a cheaper version though. This stuff is pretty expensive-That is THE ONLY con though!

on 5/20/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at Sephora while I was waiting in line....and let me tell you this stuff is great. I have combo skin prone to breakouts and I use this at night after I wash with Jan Marini Glycolic cleanser and the next morning my skin looks great. I will purchase the big bottle next time :)

**UPDATE** So I have been using this after my Clarisonic and when I wake up I have the most amazingly soft skin. I don't need as much makeup and I get compliments all the time on how clear my skin looks. Will definitely repurchase even if it is super expensive.

on 5/19/2011 10:12:00 PM

I love the 100 % Argan oil. I use it on my hair to oil my hair from the ears down. Just two drops on each side works wonders to defrizz, soften, and define my waves. I have tried other brands of Argan oil but prefer this.

was really excited to try this product. what a dissapointment! made my skin drier than it already was. my chin breaks out everytime i use it. made my hands and cuticles dry. no better-or worse than crisco oil. good old olive oil works alot better than this product :(

on 5/19/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for over a year and it's excellent. My skin looks and feels softer. Has not broken me out. Not irritating at all. I find its helped a lot with the areas of my face that are dry but hasn't made the oily areas ( my t zone) of my face worse. I cleanse then apply 3-4 drops on damp skin. it works great to soften cuticles and helps tame frizz on my curly hair. I like to use it on my knees and elbows as well. You can use this for so many things! I've purchased other argon oils and they broke me out but not this one. Have repurchased 3X already

on 5/19/2011 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have never written a review before, but as I sit here now, lamenting the fact that I ran out of this miracle oil 2 weeks ago and didn't put in an order to restock until today, I know that I should tell everyone how great this product is.

2 tidbits of advice:

1. Wet your face with a little bit of water before applying - You only need 3-4 drops of oil and the water makes it spread over your face smoothly and sink in so beautifully.

2. Stick with it- this miracle takes about 2-3 weeks to change your life. Hang in there through the tiny bumps and slightly oily feeling that happens those first two weeks. Totally, completely, unbelievably worth it.

I have really pretty good skin, I can't really complain. But sometimes it gets dry and sometimes it gets oily, and sometimes it breaks out. Within 2 weeks of using this oil (3 drops in the morning, 3 drops at night) everything changed- no dryness, no breakouts, no oily skin. My skintone was more even, and I just looked glowy. I stopped wearing any foundation or concealer or tinted moisturizer. My skin looked so good I didn't want to hide it.

Alas, after a couple weeks of not using it my skin has returned to its ho-hum state. A few little breakouts here and there, some dry patches. Needless to say, after reaching near-perfection, I am running back to this little miracle, regardless of the price.

Popular Moisturizers