Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 8/12/2011 10:37:00 PM

Well, I bought this a few weeks ago at Sephora, because of some crazy dry patches on my cheeks and my nose. I was a bit skeptical at first, due to the reviews here on MA.

It works like a dream. I have sensitive fair skin and was concerned how it would react with my skin. I am very happy with it.

on 8/9/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to use this product and like many others, HIGHLY disappointed. I broke out immediately the next few days and then just stopped using it all together. I heard it takes a couple weeks to work thru all that but I am not willing to go that long. Thankfully I just had a sample and didn't pay the high price for it! Silver lining~

on 8/5/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I had extremely high hopes for this product especially after everyone raved about it.
I used this at nighttime in conjunction with my moisturizer.
After about a week, my face ERUPTED with tiny little bumps.
This product also take FOREVER to sink into your skin.
I will not be buying again

on 8/5/2011 11:13:00 AM

I was really optimistic about this argan oil. I gave it about two weeks...and sadly I just don't agree with all the hype surrounding it.

First of all, some of the other people's reviews on here make it seem like it really is a miracle product. That you'll definitely SEE results, glowing the next morning, saving people's skin, etc...I think those comments really got my heart set on this product. For me, this did nothing but maybe/possibly broke me out. I saw no marked difference in my skin whatsoever, and to be honest, I don't really feel like any moisturizer has done that for me in the past, either. The most it's going to do is keep your skin hydrated and looking more plump and soft. That's it. What can it really do? I feel like a lot of the claims of how miraculous it is are all in people's heads. It didn't do anything remarkable for my skin whatsoever, and I'm currently broken out right now and I'm unsure of whether or not it's from this oil. To be on the safe side I'm just going to stop using it and go back to my HG Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I just don't think that any moisturizer has the capacity to completely change your skin and do the things that people are claiming it's going to do, even the expensive stuff like La Mer. If you want major results, get a face lift or a peel or something.

Expect this oil to do nothing, and be pleasantly surprised if you feel that it's improving your skin. I will say that it IS a good moisturizer...if you have really dry skin, this will be good for you. I can't see how anyone would use this in the morning however, because my makeup would NOT be able to co exist with this oily texture on my face. It doesn't soak in completely like people are saying it does. For me, anyways.

And lastly, the price of this stuff is just ridiculous. Thank god I got to try it in a free sample at Sephora, because if I'd have paid $$ for it I'd be regretful. You can find the exact same oil elsewhere for a fraction of the cost. If argan oil works for you, I'd definitely reccommend looking elsewhere for a product that is exactly the same.

Bottom line: good moisturizing capacity, but don't believe the hype.

Where to start with this product.... I've tried so many argan oils because I'm absolutely in love with pure, argan oil. I'd been using other brands, but thought I would give Josie's a try because I've heard great things about her makeup products. I was so beyond disappointed I can't even describe. To start with the packaging, well it's misleading. It pretends to be "organic"... but it isn't certified by anything recognized in the US, even though it tries to put fake logos on the box and label to mislead consumers. Second, the consistency and quality of the argan oil is most similar to something I would cook with (vegetable oil is the first thing that comes to mind), not argan oil. This seems to be another case of mass marketed product that has left quality behind. If you are looking for argan oil I would not give up if this is the only one you have tried, there are wonderful, high quality products on the market... you just have to look.

As for Josie's other products, not sure if I am even going to venture considering the base product for all of them seems to be flawed in so many ways.

on 8/1/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this . Never tried argan before but I needed something to calm the weird heat rash and heat breakouts I've been getting, yet would not dry out my already dryish skin. My skin is beautifully moisturized and CLEAR with this!! Similar to mineral oil in that it doesn't totally sink into skin, you can feel a very slight filmy layer on it (but no where near as much as the MO). I use this at night. So much more moisturizing than the mineral oil for me, and it's very soothing and healing. Not certain, but it seems to diminish acne marks and hyperpigmentation - only been using this for a few weeks so far. I marked 'would not repurchase' simply because the Josie Maran price is outrageous. 100% pure argan oil can be purchased for 1/5 the price elsewhere. ALL argan oil is produced and sold by the same women's cooperative in Morocco, under UNESCO. They are the only supplier in the world, so all distributors are using the same oil (a google search will yield lots of info on this).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Where to start... well first off, I have sensitive/combination/acne/allergy-prone skin. I was hoping that this would help clear my skin, but it did the exact opposite. After putting a little on my face before I went to sleep, I woke up and saw that I broke out everywhere. I continued using it for a couple weeks just to test it out, and my skin just looked terrible. It was very moisturizing and everything, but it didn't matter. I guess my skin doesn't like oils being on it. Luckily I bought the smaller version, but I still have a lot left and it makes me mad that I paid that much for bad skin. I'm sure it works great on people with nice, non-sensitive skin!

on 7/29/2011 7:48:00 PM

I have really sensitive skin and used to use gasoline which is a little greasy. I love this oil. Just wash it was a little easier to use and not so expensive but I love how it feels on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I never in my life have written a review but because of what this product has done for me I felt it was only fair that I do. This Josie Maran Argan Oil has LITERALLY SAVED my skin. Just 4 days ago my face was full of tiny bumps and blemishes. My forehead was so bad it looked like sandpaper because of how rough and the tiny bumps I had. I received this oil as a gift from Sephora and didnt think much of it until I started reseraching and reading reviews. I decided to try it and Ive never been happier with my skin. Its so lighweight and smooth that your face does NOT feel one bit greasy after using it.
I simply wash my face with Cetaphil soap (Ladies this wash is very mild and great for your face) and then I apply a few drops of the argan oil on my face and let it sit. I do this in the morning and at night before going to bed and It has cleared my skin. Im so stunned I almost cry at how amazing my skin looks!! After trying MURAD acne complex and other products, nothing worked and make my skin more irritated and worse. You can even apply some moisturizer after the oil and your face wont be oily or greasy! Trust me when I say this stuff is absolutely completely amazing and great for your hair too. I am ecstatic and will def be buying more when my free bottle runs out :)

on 7/11/2011 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff and I love it. I have yet to put it on my entire face... but I have used it for 2 scars I acquired as a child that both needed stitches, and it has flattened them and removed the redness. I also used it on my (now ex) smoker mouth lines and it took them completley away. I really do love this stuff. I am currently "testing it" on a fresh acne cyst scar and we'll see how well it works.
This priduct is super moisturizing and is well worth the price tag.

Popular Moisturizers