Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 7/2/2011 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination acne prone skin...and this Argan Oil works great for my skin! I use 4 drops at night, like a serum after cleansing/toning, before applying moisturizer. It does not cause me to break out, and when I do have my occasional monthly breakout, JMC's Argan Oil actually helps calm my skin and reduce the redness and size of my pimples. It's amazing! During one bad break out session, I stopped using the oil in hopes that the pimples would go away, but it got worse, I decided to start using the Argan Oil again and the next morning my pimples were reduced in size and redness was also reduced. This oil is now a must in my skin care.

on 6/24/2011 3:08:00 PM

I was surprise to find that use of this oil made my face dry. One day I I let it sit on my face for 20 minutes. Then I put mineral makeup on.
Later in the day my makeup looked awful.My husband told me that my makeup looked bad. This does not happen with any other of my products.

One in a while, I use it at night and put another product over it. This works fine.

A noticed that very few people stated that their skin became dry.This review is not very helpful. I just wanted the frew women who has the same experience to know, they are not alone.

on 6/24/2011 1:39:00 PM

I love JM's argan oil. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it gives my face a GLOW like no other and makes me look much younger. I use retin-A every night so I use the oil in the mornings. It really calms my skin, moisterizes it (it tends to be really dry from the retin-a) and doesn't make me break out even though I am very prone to breakouts. It's not one of those oils that sits on top of your face. It sinks right in which is why they call it a "dry oil." I love it. It is a bit pricey and I have found organic argan oils on amazon.com that are much cheaper (which I plan to use on my body). You can get an 8oz size bottle of organic argan oil from Kae Moroccan on amazon.com for $31... versus 1.7oz of JM argan oil for $48 (got mine at Sephora)... so there are other brands which are much less. But I have yet to finish my JM argan oil and I think it'll last me awhile. Check out the New York Times article on argan oil ... they call it "liquid gold"

on 6/21/2011 4:58:00 PM

I really have had great luck with this oil. I use a couple of drops warmed in my hand any time, I need a little extra moisture or glow. I have used it on my lips, and cuticles, and hair as well. I took off a lippie because the glass bottle gets slippery with the oil, and the lid doesn't seem to close tightly either...not sure it would travel well.

on 6/21/2011 4:10:00 PM

I loved this little bottle of oil! Like many people, I didn't think using oil on oily skin was a favorable idea. I had a little deluxe sample bottle of this that came with a set and tried it once after washing my face. Afterwards, I didn't notice any reaction on my skin so I stopped using it. However, months later my dermatologist gave me retin-a because my skin started to have breakouts. The retin-a dried my skin and my face was peeling and flaking. Four months and countless bottles of moisturizers later, my skin still hadn't recovered from the drying effects of retin-a.

Then one night, I spotted the little bottle of argan oil on my dresser again. I decided what the heck, none of my creams seemed to be working. So after washing my face with a mild cleanser, I poured a few drops of oil onto my palm and used my fingertips to press it into my skin. When I woke in the morning, I noticed less dry patches on my skin. After only a week of nightly use, the argan oil had begun to heal my skin in a way none of my creams were able to. My skin soaked it up, there wasn't a bit of greasy feeling afterwards, and my skin was even becoming less oily during the day time.

The one con for this product is the price. It's too expensive for me to use every night, but this oil has replaced any cream or lotion that I have, so I've decided to search for a cheaper alternative. Right now I'm using The Vitamin Shoppe's unscented almond oil.

on 6/20/2011 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's magic! Im 32 and have ...well had... hormonal break outs and usually have a couple bumps along my jawline at all times. I've been using this for 2 weeks and I now have 0 bumps, my skin is smooth and glowing like I never thought it would be in my life and my dark spots from the old bumps are fading fast. I only use 1 to 1.5 drops for my face....I wet my hands put a drop in my palm and rub them together than pat onto my face...I think this makes the oil absorb better and you dont need 3-4 drops to do your whole face. I also stretch that to my neck and chest ( which also looks smooth and glowy now) . I also have been using this on my eyes and eyelashes and the eyelashes are def doing better. I usually just swipe my finger on the side of the dropper and get a bit and that is enough for both eyes...its not even a full drop. I havent had any issues with eye irritation like other reviewers....it could be that they are applying too much. Also use it on my hair just a few drops when its looking dry and it makes my hair smooth and silky. I use LUSH coal face and herbalism mixed together to clean my face and then apply the argan oil. I was only using at night but have started using it in the morning as well b/c the results were so good. I have an oily Tzone and I do feel like im not getting as oily as I normaly would....havent used my oil blotters for atleast a week ;-) ! It makes your make up go on smooth....this stuff is just amazing. My mom also tried some on the circles under her eyes and they were def lighter after only a few days of use. It is expensive but worth every penny to me b/c of all the other products I can do without now. good bye moisturizer..good bye expensive eye cream, good bye make up primer...just to name a few. Please try it with wetting your hands and only using a drop or two...it def works...stretches the product out and could possible keep you from breaking out from using too much.

on 6/16/2011 2:34:00 AM

I think this works for some people and not for others; you're just going to have to try it yourself. I'd been using Josie Maran's SPF 40 as well as its Matchmaker Serum. While neither of these broke me out, the argan oil did after two days (am glad that it didn't take a whole month for me to realize this unlike for some people) when I used it directly on my face. Some people have commented that its high oelic acid content may be to blame. Back to jojoba oil I go.

Josie Maran's Argan oil is extremely over priced, so as suggested by others, you should be able to purchase some with the same quality elsewhere.

on 6/15/2011 3:43:00 PM

I got this in one of those great Sephora seasonal kits....and I thought this was a great beauty oil! I used it to condition my ends, and even applied it on my face once a week just to give my skin some extra love. I wouldn't use this every night or my face would break out, but I didn't notice any adverse effects when I used this...if anything, my face looks more even-toned in the mornings. This would be fabulous on drier skin.

EDIT: 4/4/2012 I have been using this and nothing else on my skin every night for almost two weeks, and my skin is glowing, smooth and clear. My skin has not looked this good in a couple of years. Will continue to use and repurchase once I've used it up.

Such a gorgeous product. It's practical, reasonably priced, and still in a beautiful little bottle! I love patting this on my skin post shower, and it doesn't break out my face. Smooths my hair and makes it shine like a dream!

The girl at Sephora also pointed out that Moroccan oil gradually stains your hair, while this product does not.

on 6/2/2011 11:59:00 AM

Great stuff.

I am only giving it four stars, because any oil is a pain to use, and it does seem to absorb and migrate into my eyes, almost inevitably. Not keen on that oily eye irritation thing in the evening.

However, always shocked at the luminosity this stuff gives my skin. I wake up after using it and go, "Wow."

I am a skincare s/lut and I never, ever stay with the same product. Ever. This product is in the rotation, and I do enjoy the results. I had never tried Argan oil before purchasing this, so I'm on the hunt for other options, as I hear this one is full of some pretty nasty chemicals .... don't know for certain, but I've read various places that the "all natural" label on JM's argan oil is misleading.

This oil has been a great introduction to the benefits of Argan oil, though. And until I find another brand, will probably repurchase.

Over forty, combo skin, still prone to breakouts. This helps stabilize my skin and gives me an amazing glow.