July 31, 2014 | 2046 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by kiwipapaya

This product is nothing like what I imagined. It hasn't helped me to moisturize my skin at all. Feels very oily. No added value. EVO can do so much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by oh_darling

I originally bought this product for my face, but didn't like using it on my skin. I think it made me break out. However, since I didn't like it for that purpose, I started using it on my hair. I am currently growing my hair out and it's about shoulder length. I put the oil on the ends of my hair at night- usually 2-3 times a week (I have to wash out the next morning because it looks greasy). I swear this stuff has saved me from split ends! I used to get split ends so badly and now I don't! I can even go longer in between trims and my stylist has commented on the better condition of my hair. This is the only thing I've added and changed in my routine so this has to be what's saved my hair. The only reason I give it 4 out of 5 is because of the price. I don't use that much and it's lasted quite a while, but still. I'm going to switch to the Garden of Wisdom argan oil and see how that works. I will come back to this brand, though, if I don't like the cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by luna1218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin has never felt better. Never, not even kidding. Baby soft, i mean BABY soft. I use this at night on just-washed skin and it takes any tightness or dryness away in seconds. I use about three drops and that is sufficient to moisturize all surface area on my face with nothing left over and no greasy residue. My skin is crazy soft in the morning, and it glows! It does NOT cause me to break out whatsoever, I actually experience less breakouts when I use this. No flaking or peeling around my nose, my skin is so soft I can hardly stop touching it. My skin feels great, I took off a lippie for the price, which is pretty outrageous, but this is liquid gold, so I would not hesitate to purchase the full size.
I'm so happy with this! Try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Lulu2387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I went into Sephora for a lash growth serum and I purchased Talkia Lipocils Expert and my BF caught a fit on the price I paid for a lash enhancement serum. The thing is I have long thick eyelashes already and always has been that way. I just wanted to limit eyelash fallout and add moisture to my lashes, so I received the Josie Maran Argan Oil as a sample. It works wonders around my eye area as well as my lashes, It keeps my lashes moisturized under my mascara and when I wash off my eye makeup so far no lash fall out. A bit oily for my already oily skin so I use it around my eye area and its great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this oil. I bought the small bottle from Sephora to test it out. I have oily/combo skin, but I don't shy away from natural oils because in the past, I've had good experience with them (jojoba & grapeseed especially.)
This product feels nice and maybe I'm imagining it, but after the first week of use, my skin looked smoother and almost had a glow to it. Nice. The only reason I say I wouldn't repurchase is because I found 100% certified organic argan oil on amazon.com for much less, so when I run out of my bottle of JM, that's what I'll buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I want to kick myself for putting this on my face. I'm acne prone w/oily skin so I knew better than to put straight oil on my face. The only oil I can somewhat handle is jojoba but I didn't feel like it did much for my skin and wanted to try a more nourishing oil. I've always wanted to experience the "glow" that people talk about when using oil and there's that whole bit about oil balancing out oily skin. So I bought the mini version for $15. I have only been using this for a week and a half and the breakouts already started. It really didn't take long, I thought I would be able to use this for a couple more weeks. I know it's this product too because I didn't change anything else in my routine. And to make it worse, my routine was really working for me. My skin has been the most flawless it has been in a long time, it's been so good that I stopped wearing any type of foundation, liquid and powder. I don't even wear concealer anymore except under my eyes. But of course I had to try to improve it even further. This oil is advertised as good for all skin types including acneic skin but I really should've known better since I know my skin hates anything with too much oil. I didn't notice a glow right away like most people have mentioned but no breakouts after several nights of use so I thought I was in the clear. But slowly but surely, I started noticing a couple red splotches here and there. Those red splotches have turned into little tiny white heads which I never get anymore except for the TOTM which isn't now. Hey, I'm getting use out of my concealer again, at least I'm not letting that go to waste, lol. I stopped using this yesterday, I've only been using it for undereyes, cuticles, hair....but on my face I have stopped using it and I'll report back on how quickly I clear up.
Update: my skin started clearing after a week of not using this product. Once I cleared up, I noticed I had some dry spots on my neck so I applied some only on my neck. It cleared up the dry spots but of course, I broke out on my neck only, not on my face where I didn't apply this. I love this for moisturizing under my eyes but not for my face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by rays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive and dry skin especially in the winter. Just love this product. The key is to use just 2 or 3 little drops. Not too much or you will run into comedogenic problems. Love it always put it on under my base like smooth operator and it's peaches and cream all the way. Just one warning. Its oil and it should be refrigerated. I bought 2 bottles at Sephoras and left one on my dresser last year and it did turn rancid. Now I refrigerate my extra bottle and even the one I am using sometimes and I don't have anymore problems.It really should not smell if it smells funny or odd take it back.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had never heard of this stuff. I had pretty horribly sensitive, reactive skin when I was younger but it had calmed down considerably in the past 3-4 years, to the point where I might get a couple of zits a year and that was it. Until now. I wanted to see if I could just boost the moisture level of my skin a bit so experimented with this. It seemed to be going okay after a couple of weeks so I brought this along on a 5-day trip as my only moisturizer. By the end of the trip my chin was breaking out like crazy. I stopped using this right away but that was three months ago and my skin is still screwed up and breaking out regularly. Perimenopausal hormones might be part of the problem, but I do believe the argan oil seriously disrupted my skin. I should have known, having had lots of issues with "natural" ingredients in the past, but hoped I was beyond all this by my age! Now all the lovely products I've been using successfully for the past couple of years are not working and I'm back to heavy-duty acne treatment/prevention. Ugh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love argan oil but it is not compatible with my face.. I've got pretty sensitive skin! I've tried argan oil, maracuja oil, and kiehl's midnight recovery and all these oils make my face itch and break out. I mainly use this as a massage oil, for cuticles, or I add some to my body moisturizer for more moisturization. I wish I could use this on my face as a regular moisturizer. I don't know if it is me, but on it's own, it doesn't seem to soak into my skin. I have been able to put it on my crows feet and it hasn't broken me out. For my hair, I use a couple drops in my hands, rub my hands together, and then run it through my hair and that works well. My hair gets frizzy and this has helped with it's texture as well as softness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pinkgarbage

Love. Feels like a luxury to apply. I have greasy, acne prone skin, but this doesn't seem to aggravate it. Priceless. Will purchase over and over again.