Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 6/21/2011 4:10:00 PM

I loved this little bottle of oil! Like many people, I didn't think using oil on oily skin was a favorable idea. I had a little deluxe sample bottle of this that came with a set and tried it once after washing my face. Afterwards, I didn't notice any reaction on my skin so I stopped using it. However, months later my dermatologist gave me retin-a because my skin started to have breakouts. The retin-a dried my skin and my face was peeling and flaking. Four months and countless bottles of moisturizers later, my skin still hadn't recovered from the drying effects of retin-a.

Then one night, I spotted the little bottle of argan oil on my dresser again. I decided what the heck, none of my creams seemed to be working. So after washing my face with a mild cleanser, I poured a few drops of oil onto my palm and used my fingertips to press it into my skin. When I woke in the morning, I noticed less dry patches on my skin. After only a week of nightly use, the argan oil had begun to heal my skin in a way none of my creams were able to. My skin soaked it up, there wasn't a bit of greasy feeling afterwards, and my skin was even becoming less oily during the day time.

The one con for this product is the price. It's too expensive for me to use every night, but this oil has replaced any cream or lotion that I have, so I've decided to search for a cheaper alternative. Right now I'm using The Vitamin Shoppe's unscented almond oil.

on 6/20/2011 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's magic! Im 32 and have ...well had... hormonal break outs and usually have a couple bumps along my jawline at all times. I've been using this for 2 weeks and I now have 0 bumps, my skin is smooth and glowing like I never thought it would be in my life and my dark spots from the old bumps are fading fast. I only use 1 to 1.5 drops for my face....I wet my hands put a drop in my palm and rub them together than pat onto my face...I think this makes the oil absorb better and you dont need 3-4 drops to do your whole face. I also stretch that to my neck and chest ( which also looks smooth and glowy now) . I also have been using this on my eyes and eyelashes and the eyelashes are def doing better. I usually just swipe my finger on the side of the dropper and get a bit and that is enough for both eyes...its not even a full drop. I havent had any issues with eye irritation like other reviewers....it could be that they are applying too much. Also use it on my hair just a few drops when its looking dry and it makes my hair smooth and silky. I use LUSH coal face and herbalism mixed together to clean my face and then apply the argan oil. I was only using at night but have started using it in the morning as well b/c the results were so good. I have an oily Tzone and I do feel like im not getting as oily as I normaly would....havent used my oil blotters for atleast a week ;-) ! It makes your make up go on smooth....this stuff is just amazing. My mom also tried some on the circles under her eyes and they were def lighter after only a few days of use. It is expensive but worth every penny to me b/c of all the other products I can do without now. good bye moisturizer..good bye expensive eye cream, good bye make up primer...just to name a few. Please try it with wetting your hands and only using a drop or two...it def works...stretches the product out and could possible keep you from breaking out from using too much.

on 6/16/2011 2:34:00 AM

I think this works for some people and not for others; you're just going to have to try it yourself. I'd been using Josie Maran's SPF 40 as well as its Matchmaker Serum. While neither of these broke me out, the argan oil did after two days (am glad that it didn't take a whole month for me to realize this unlike for some people) when I used it directly on my face. Some people have commented that its high oelic acid content may be to blame. Back to jojoba oil I go.

Josie Maran's Argan oil is extremely over priced, so as suggested by others, you should be able to purchase some with the same quality elsewhere.

on 6/15/2011 3:43:00 PM

I got this in one of those great Sephora seasonal kits....and I thought this was a great beauty oil! I used it to condition my ends, and even applied it on my face once a week just to give my skin some extra love. I wouldn't use this every night or my face would break out, but I didn't notice any adverse effects when I used this...if anything, my face looks more even-toned in the mornings. This would be fabulous on drier skin.

EDIT: 4/4/2012 I have been using this and nothing else on my skin every night for almost two weeks, and my skin is glowing, smooth and clear. My skin has not looked this good in a couple of years. Will continue to use and repurchase once I've used it up.

Such a gorgeous product. It's practical, reasonably priced, and still in a beautiful little bottle! I love patting this on my skin post shower, and it doesn't break out my face. Smooths my hair and makes it shine like a dream!

The girl at Sephora also pointed out that Moroccan oil gradually stains your hair, while this product does not.

on 6/2/2011 11:59:00 AM

Great stuff.

I am only giving it four stars, because any oil is a pain to use, and it does seem to absorb and migrate into my eyes, almost inevitably. Not keen on that oily eye irritation thing in the evening.

However, always shocked at the luminosity this stuff gives my skin. I wake up after using it and go, "Wow."

I am a skincare s/lut and I never, ever stay with the same product. Ever. This product is in the rotation, and I do enjoy the results. I had never tried Argan oil before purchasing this, so I'm on the hunt for other options, as I hear this one is full of some pretty nasty chemicals .... don't know for certain, but I've read various places that the "all natural" label on JM's argan oil is misleading.

This oil has been a great introduction to the benefits of Argan oil, though. And until I find another brand, will probably repurchase.

Over forty, combo skin, still prone to breakouts. This helps stabilize my skin and gives me an amazing glow.

on 5/28/2011 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I WILL buy Argan Oil 4EVER but not JM. You can buy this on EBAY for 1/8th the price, same quality. I use it on my face, body, hair etc and LOVE the ARGAN OIL.

BUY it from somewhere else to save $$$$$$$$$$$ if you like the oil

on 5/21/2011 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has literally SAVED my face. I have been using stuff for about 3 weeks now. I was a little hesitant to put oil on my face as my skin is very acne prone and also sensitive. I dont know why but prior to using this I was having a horrible couple of months where I was getting cystic acne on and around my chin constantly. I was getting so depressed about it and tried everything-but nothing worked and most things I tried only made it worse. I actually bought this ONLY for the moisturizing properites because my skin was starting to get very flakey and dry from all the acne stuff I was using to treat my acne. Ladies if you have cystic acne, listen up- All my acne went away as soon as I started using this and also I cut out ALL PRODUCTS that are made for acne (like salicylic acid, benoyole peroxide, etc)
This is my daily routine, and within 1 week my skin was completley clear and was glowing and it has been 3 weeks and NO ACNE-NOT ONE! This has never happened and I am still so amazed that my skin looks this great. Heres what I do:
Morning Routine:
1. Philosophy Purity Cleanser
2. Josie Maran Argan Oil (6 drops patted on to face, let sink in 2-3 mins)
2. Followed up with Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer.
THATS it for morning (I know, No SPF-but my makeup has SPF in it and most SPF's in moisturizers burn my face. As I said before I am very sensitive.

Night Routine:
1. Remove all eye and face makeup with unscented sensitive baby wipe with Olive Oil on it (this is such a great way to gently and effectively remove ALL makeup and it is so cheap)
2. Philosophy Purity Wash w/ Clarisonic ( I dont use the Clarisonic in the morning, only at night)
3. Olay Night Resurfacing Elixer (2 pumps-wait 5 mins to soak in)
4. Josie Maran Argan Oil (6 drops patted on face-wait 2-3 mins)
5. Neutrogena ageless restoratives night moisture

And Wala! Beautiful Skin- Hope this helps you guys out. It worked wonders for me, but everyone's skin is different. But if your skin is like mine-sensitive, prone to breakouts in the chin area and you want to try something a little less harsh than give it a try! I will be buying this stuff for the rest of my life-I may opt for a cheaper version though. This stuff is pretty expensive-That is THE ONLY con though!

on 5/20/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at Sephora while I was waiting in line....and let me tell you this stuff is great. I have combo skin prone to breakouts and I use this at night after I wash with Jan Marini Glycolic cleanser and the next morning my skin looks great. I will purchase the big bottle next time :)

**UPDATE** So I have been using this after my Clarisonic and when I wake up I have the most amazingly soft skin. I don't need as much makeup and I get compliments all the time on how clear my skin looks. Will definitely repurchase even if it is super expensive.

on 5/19/2011 10:12:00 PM

I love the 100 % Argan oil. I use it on my hair to oil my hair from the ears down. Just two drops on each side works wonders to defrizz, soften, and define my waves. I have tried other brands of Argan oil but prefer this.