November 26, 2014 | 1727 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jo2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really tried to like this product, but my skin actually looked worse after using argan oil. Small bumps everywhere. Not very moisturizing/penetrating...seems to just sit on top of skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by tigeygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The best !! 'Nuff said.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

Lovely product. Very versatile. Can use it on face, body and hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

I was real excited to try this but I dont really find anything special about argan oil. Its just ok but I didnt notice any difference and I think my chin may have gotten clogged from this(but alot of products do) Its nice but I just dont find it amazing. But try it for yourself its only $15 for a pretty good size bottle and if you hate it, Sephora lets you return it. It feels good on hair and cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by thaliairoquois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I have only begun using this product, I'm pleasantly surprised by the results already! My skin looks softer (the pores seem smaller and the surface is smoother), and I've been using only 2 drops each evening, pressing it into my skin (rather than rubbing it). I also use one drop on my eyes, and my favorite use so far is to use one drop *after* makeup, to create a youthful glow.

Some reviewers have mentioned a smell ... it's barely noticeable to me, and nowhere near as pungent or gross as that of neem oil. Try it from Sephora; if you don't like it, you can always return it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased organic Argan oil for $15 for two ounces off of eBay. Sorry, but Josie Maran's is 4x as expensive.

I received it on a Saturday and immediately proceeded to slather my face in it. I didn't worry because I had used a lot of other facial oils without too many problems, just a few white heads, so I would discontinue use.

Within two days, the skin around my chin erupted. I still get the occasional pimple, but I hadn't broken out like that since I was a teenager. It was mortifying. I had tons of angry whiteheads sprouting up on my chin near the corners of my mouth. For the first time ever, I broke out UNDER my chin- and I've never had pimples there before. My skin was breaking out so bad it was practically a gigantic lesion.

I peeled and crusted, but within a week my skin was looking salvageable.

Lesson learned, Always do a spot test for a couple days.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by gali

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Mostly I enjoy sharing my experience with products I love and work for me, however once in a while I will make an exception. This time I will review a product that did not live up to my expectations.
I was curious about it's wonders, heard so many positive raves, I just knew it will join my other skin care products in no time.
Josie Maran's Argan oil is made of pure Argan oil. The packaging is very practical yet still nice glass dropper bottle. The price however was not as nice! Still, it didn't stop me from buying this supposedly all purpose, magic in a bottle. I bought the large size and a smaller one I could travel with. I had used up the large size and didn't skip any part of my body I could try it on. I've tried it as a hair treatment/conditioner/shine treatment etc., Didn't experience anything extraordinary. I've tried it on my dry/dehaydrated facial skin days, on it's own or as a sealer over another moisturizer, as a primer, as a bath treatment, as a hands and body moisturizer, as a...I can go on, but will stop here. Why?! Because! I haven't experienced anything different or special that other inexpensive products couldn't do. Yes, it is a nice non greasy pure argan oil. However Olive oil, or almond oil, or even castor oil are just as nice, and for a different price. I'm not totally disappointed, it was good while it lasted. Though I have a feeling Josie Maran's Argan oil will not make another appearance on my bathroom counter. This was my own experience with the magical oil.
Different strokes for different...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer that also loves argan oil but refuses to give this more than a 1 because of the INSANE price. This type of marketing just makes me sick.
I use argan oil in my hair all the time after washing it - it works wonderfully! But I order it for around 10 euros on a Dutch website, since I live in Holland. Just google it, you'll be able to get it where you live as well.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Marella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Argan oil is a great item but I can't and won't give this product anything over a 1 because of the insane price. Argan oil that is exactly the same in every way to this product easily costs about a fifth of this price. You can get an ounce of quality cold pressed 100% Moroccan argan oil for well under 10 dollars. Advertising it as something different than what it is and charging almost 50 dollars for not even 2 ozs is highway robbery. Please folks do your research. There is no reason at all to pay this price for the oil itself. None. I love argan oil too, but I refuse to pay almost 5 times the price for the exact same product just because someone slaps a model's name on the bottle. I've seen a few favorite sources mentioned as places to purchase quality argan oil at a sane price including Garden of Wisdom which I'll also put in as my favorite source too.

42 out of 49 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

GREAT stuff. I've used it for three weeks, and after only one week saw a big difference. My skin is much more even and healthy-looking, fine lines are lessened, redness is calmed, dark spots faded, skin looks plump, and I keep getting compliments. I use it at night only, 2 drops warmed in my hands and then smoothed over my face. No breakouts. This is a very thin and easily-absorbed oil. Worth the price!