L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

3.2

My natural haircolor is a dark blonde/light brown and seriously, the grays I get sorta look like highlights from a distance. But I know they're gray, LOL. Trying to camouflage them for a change, I tried L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color in 8 1/2, White Chocolate. (Really? the shade number is a fraction? Wth?)

I like it. It has covered my grays for now and will surely wash out before any roots show (I hate it when roots show!) It smells ok and hasn't changed the texture of my hair. I left it on for the 15 minutes they recommend for "hard to cover" grays. I actually appreciate that it's a little bit faster than Natural Instincts. I get bored waiting for this stuff to work. Conditioner is fine. The price at WalMart was around $6.

This shade is close enough to my natural hair color that my family didn't even notice I had colored my hair. (What can I say? DH and DS don't notice much unless it's on ESPN) Two days afterwards, I finally asked my husband and he said "well, I did think you looked younger for some reason." Works for me!

on 3/10/2012 2:18:00 AM

I followed the directions exactly. I combed it through and left it on for 15 minutes. I had gorgeous shiny dark brown hair with a little bit of grey in it. Now I have dull, lifeless, dark brown hair with the same amount of grey in it. I pray that this is truly temporary color and that I have my beautiful hair back in 6 weeks. I HATE HATE HATE this product.

on 12/30/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Colour: 6RR 'light auburn'
Hair colour: naturally light brown with some actual light auburn highlights

I wanted just a little bit more of the auburn colour that I have naturally. I usually use natural instincts, but the colour is hard to find, so I thought since this looked Exactly the same I may have found a replacement.

The colour is purple. I did not leave it on too long. It just comes out dark purple. There is NO way this could ever EVER be considered 'light auburn'. It is temporary and I have been spending the last two days doing nothing but repeatedly washing my hair. It is not coming out.

Horrible heart hurting colour aside, this product leaves your hair feeling absolutely awful. I have never done anything permanent to my hair, it was natural, healthy and undamaged. It now feels as though its been bleached dyed and heat damaged for years. It feels coarse, and only tangles. I don't understand how this is possible from a temporary hair colour. Also, it smells really bad.

This was the worst thing I have ever bought. I look in the mirror and am filled with rage.

on 9/2/2011 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this in the Light Beige Brown shade. Yes, it comes out darker than what's depicted on the box, but it does fade to a lighter brown. I refuse to use the conditioner which comes with it, though, because it smells like cat pee. I don't know how that can be possible. And since cat pee is one of the worst smells on earth (it's right up there with skunk smell), the first thing I do when I open the box is throw away the conditioner. I use Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo Treatment in its place.

The consistency of the dye is thick so that means I don't splatter it all over my bathroom walls, cabinets and floors like I have with other dyes (*cough, cough* Clairol Natural Instincts *cough, cough*). I use a brush for my roots and then just scoop the rest of it up in my hands and run it through my hair. By the way, the gloves that come with it suck. It's like putting 2 plastic grocery bags on your hands. They slide around and fall off during crucial dye application moments. You're better off buying your own disposable gloves.

I have to say that this hair color makes my hair very soft and covers grays very well. I have bought this many times and will continue to do so until the day it is discontinued (since everything I use always ends up discontinued) and I am forced to find a replacement.

on 5/13/2011 2:08:00 PM

I used this in 6, Light Brown. Absolutely the ONLY dye that I have ever used (and trust me, I've been through pretty much all of them) that didn't pull red or leave some awful brassy cast to my color! It definitely came out darker than the box said it would, but that's to be expected with any brown shade, and it's still a nice true brown- exactly what I was looking for since I dyed my hair last month (Nice N Easy Light Neutral Brown) and it pulled red leaving my hair looking coppery. I didn't experience any damage or dryness with this dye, my hair is soft and shiny. The only thing I don't like about using this color is the conditioner- it stinks, I find the smells lingers in my hair days after using it even if I shampoo and use a different conditioner. All in all, I love this dye, and I'll be sticking with it for as long as I color my hair.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm really surprised at the bad reviews this product is getting. I love this, it''s one of the only things that stays constant in my hair routine. I have naturally very dark brown hair, but it has a fairly strong natural reddish tone to it. I use the color Espresso/Darkest Brown, and it takes the redness out of my hair and makes it a touch darker. It also adds a ton of shine and volume to my fine hair. I also like that it's semi-permanent so the re-growth isn't too harsh and it keeps my hair healthy since I'm growing it out. I really like this product, and it's my favorite drugstore hair color.

on 9/14/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was another long time user of L'Oreal's Color Spa before it was sadly discontinued. Up until a month ago I was still able to track down rare boxes of my color, but I eventually had to start looking for a replacement - enter Healthy Look.
_____________________________________________

I bought 6R Light Red Brown, a.k.a. Spicy Praline. Since I had been using a darker color in Color Spa (30 Reddish Brown on my medium brown hair) I was worried this one might cast copper/cherry or even "OMG orange!", but it didn't. Matter of fact it's a lovely soft warm color, very true to what's on the box. Plus the texture is smooth and healthy - I like it a lot!
_____________________________________________

Another nice result was that it completely covered the grays, but after a couple of weeks they did start to show a bit. That said I should mention that (with the exception of the first 24 hours after application) I wash my hair every night, otherwise the grays might not be peeking through. Also the color is still hanging in there; not much perceptible fading.
_____________________________________________

As for the packaging and conditioner provided, I don't like the over-sized thin gloves, but the conditioner is wonderful.
_____________________________________________

All in all, it's a decent replacement that I will be stocking up on until I'm forced to find something else again.
_____________________________________________

Edit: I recently started applying this color on slightly damp/towel dried hair. Not that this does anything one way or the other to the results, it just seems to go on easier that way.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first time I have ever dyed my hair, (so I guess I have nothing to compare to) but I've dyed hair for multiple people on different occasions and I have to say I really like this. But one thing people REALLY need to keep in mind is that the color is WAY darker than stated. I used the Medium Red Brown color, going for a burgundy look.(which I got.)
All in all not too much to complain about. I like it. I was starting with a medium to dark brown color for references!

on 6/15/2010 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just used this last night in a desperate attempt to cover up some major grey along my part. I used #6 which is Light Brown. It worked great! I left it on my roots for five minutes, then put it through the rest of my hair and left it for ten. It smells really nice, not chemical-y, and left my hair very close to the shade on the box, and it's also very soft and shiny. I will definitely use again, as long as it doesnt' wash out too fast. I'll update if it does! Oh, and I even had some brassy old highlights which this covered up beautifully! A pleasure to use!

on 5/28/2010 11:44:00 AM

I love this hair color. My natural hair color is a medium to dark brown with a little bit of gray. I used the Cool Chestnut Brown. It came out very much like the color on the box. It left my hair soft and shiny. The last temporary hair color I used was Garnier Herbashine and that completely dried out my hair and caused a lot of breakage. I thought the smell was pleasant enough for hair color and the smell didn't linger in my hair once I washed it. I colored about 3 weeks ago and my gray isn't yet showing. I would recommend this product.

Popular Hair Color Products