April 16, 2014 | 1574 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by laurenemmess

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I wear very dramatic eye make up every day and this give me the perfect efffect on my lashes! I use about 7-8 coats of it per day and it really looks like I'm wearing falsies. I always get compliments on how I do my make-up and I would not be able to do it without this! It stays on all day, doesn't flake, and unlike a lot of other mascaras, the brush is big, but not so big that it makes using it awkward. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants really voluminous, dramatic lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by earvizo92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got it on sale for like $5. It works really good no clumping and does everything it states. I love it! Its the only mascara I'm using at the moment I see more results in this one then a Mac mascara I have. I also use the regular mascara by Avon it's waterproof I always use to use. Ever since I got this one. I had actually gave SSM to my mom... Lol a mistake I did. I seen it still in the box in her room so I decided to try it out and had to give her the regular one because I actually purchased both at the same time. The reg. was on sale for 2 for $4 and it had been years before I replaced my old one. I know it was unsanitary to still use it bt I seen it hadn't got dry or anything I still used it. I had actually thought they probably discontinue it by then. Luckily they had it on sale so I had to grab it and just got SSM just to try it out. It worked awesome no compliantes on this just compliments

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by skeeter04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! I got this in the waterproof and it has never failed me! I already have long semi-full lashes and this made them so thick and dramatic. Ive only found one other product so far that does this good. Its a nice and thick formula but doesnt clump, the brush seperates my lashes nicely. It doesnt cause spider-legs and the formula is not wet when first using. It is buildable and i will definately continue to use this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm suprised that I actually like this. When I first saw it, I thought the brush was horrendous. Too big and bulky...But, I actually like it. It's a nice rich black, it doesn't clump on me (even after multiple coats) and it doesn't flake or give me raccoon eyes. Not bad Avon (plus I got it on sale!) The smell can be a bit offputting. (a little too chemical-y for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am relatively new to Avon and this was my first purchase from the brand. I LOVE it! I have very sparse short lashes and this mascara does wonders to define and add volume and length. If you apply ONE light coat, it will hold up a curl. It is a dream to remove, comes right off with warm water. It only smudges A LITTLE BIT. It's not gunna smear all over your face and ruin your make up but just clean up with a cotton bud and you'll be good to go. I have a hate/love relationship with the brush. I like the tiny bristles and it disperses the product well but it's too big for my eyes!

It got this when it was on 'sale' for AUD$15.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ayyberena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an all over great mascara :). It comes in a black cylindrical tube. The brush is reminiscent of cover girl's lashblast mascara ( rubber brush with rubber bristles) , but it isn't as bulky, it's considerably thinner. Though it can be hard to manoeuvre in a rush. The formula smells kind of funny in my opinion, kind of chemical smell to it, which is why i deducted a lippy. It does not flake or smudge throughout the day and is easily removed at the end of it. Just be wary of the formula drying out, it gets iffy then. I'd still re buy this mascara though, it's price is reasonable :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

i am on my forth tube of this baby because its just a great everyday mascara: i dont need three different to achieve the effect i want, since i am all for the natural look, no spidery lashes for me.
my only complain is that it isnt reeeally black, like blackest black, but since its so nice i dont think too much about it and just pop a very black top coat when i wish. overall its my go to mascara!
oh and i never paid full price for it, if you wait a bit avon always puts it on sale ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by thenaturediva

pros:
- lengthening
- it did make my eyes dramatic
- does not clump

cons:
- Spoils VERY quickly (formula turns dry and starts making eyes red! )
- feels heavy on the eyelids (like you have tons of stuff on)
- brush is weird, you end up poking yourself in the eye! (but it does grab all the lashes at once)

I don't curl my lashes so cannot comment on that.

Overall, in the short while it lasted it made my eyelashes look very nice. But due to the shortcomings I will not repurchase and not recommend this.
There are many better mascaras out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given this mascara by my nan who got it free with an Avon purchase, and thought I may as well give it a try but I wasn't really expecting much... However I was more than surprised! I don't have much experience with Avon products but my inner snob made me think they wouldn't be up to much. This mascara is really good on it's own, or layered with other mascaras, I like to wear more than one mascara to really build up my lashes but this works so well in both ways. I imagine some may think the brush is a bit clumsy; I do, it is quite a large brush but helps to get the product on. It makes my lashes look smooth, long and thick. I can't remember the exact price but I'm sure it's around 5, and remember Avon usually have special offers on... So at that price you may as well give it a go and see what you think!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

I've heard a lot about this mascara and looked up a whole bunch of reviews and decided to order it from my Avon Representative. As soon as I received it, I tried it out and I have to say I really like the wand. It grabs all of my lashes, pulls them up and separates them and gives them pretty good volume. One thing I noticed though is that it isn't dramatically black unless you put on 3 coats or more (that is a downfall). For some people that may take too much effort every day, especially when you're in a hurry. The formula can also be a little dry (for me anyway) but it still works well and doesn't clump or flake. Also, the tube is pretty boring. It is a black tube with greenish blue writing (very plain), but other than that a good, cheap mascara.