Avon SuperShock Mascara

3.7

on 1/3/2013 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product on and off since high school, so at least 3-4 years now, and I keep coming back to it. Often I'll run out, and run to the drugstore and get something new to tide me over - because I always wait too long to contact my Avon representative - but nothing I've tried has ever been nearly as good as Avon Supershock. I even tried their Supershock Max and found it very clumpy.
It's pretty cheap, and Avon often has sales (like buy-one get-one). The brush gives my lashes tons of definition, separating each and every one while adding great volume - I often am asked if I'm wearing falsies while wearing this mascara. I can't recommend it more highly. As long as Avon makes this, I'll never waste my money on another mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

THICK AND GORGEOUS! A little clumpy if you put too much on..I usually wear this one and the super extend and everyone is always complimenting my on my eyelashes

on 12/7/2012 2:04:00 PM

I like the blue color of the brush (not that it matters a lot). It also looks good on my eyelashes but it somewhat flakes. Also it is too big and bulky. It could have been better if it comes with a slimmer package.

on 9/25/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not too bad. Didn't volumize as much as I'd hoped, but didn't flake, smudge or irritate either. Comes off quite easily. The plastic comb brush is kind of large, so it was somewhat difficult to get to the outer lashes. Overall, it just gave a natural look that seperated eash lash nicely.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I have to admit, though, that I wasn't initially a fan.

I'm a new AVON Rep., but until recently wasn't in love with their mascara or foundation. I purchased this mascara to essentially give it a try since the claims were pretty impressive. The first time I used it I absolutely HATED it. It made my lashes fall flat when it dried and I wasn't seeing any 'super volume' whatsoever. It went immediately into my makeup 'crap pile of doom' for a couple weeks.

Then, one day I thought I'd give it another try as (after all) I'm now selling this stuff. This time, however, I used an eyelash curler before applying. Wow. I completely ate my words and it's now my absolute favorite. I've recommended it to customers and everyone else loves it, too. It didn't flake (I live in CA where it gets warm, too), brought out lashes I didn't know I had PLUS (my favorite part) it didn't break the bank. I would recommend, however, that you curl before applying and use 2-3 coats to get the full effect: lots of sexy lashes with no clumps and no stiffness.

on 7/30/2012 4:50:00 PM

This is a bittersweet mascara!
Pros:
Never clumps
Raises lashes without curling them

Cons:
Flakes
Very weak color
Doesnt make lashes thicker

This is good if you want a barely there mascara.

on 7/20/2012 7:59:00 PM

This is the best mascara I have ever used.
Especially when it's dried out!

It separates lashes.
Evenly coats all lashes.
Makes eyes pop like there's no tomorrow.

Beautiful product.

I got this as a freebie off a magazine, and I'm finding it ridiculously hard to find where to buy a new one!

on 7/17/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wet enough to put on and make your lashes look amazing! But, Also wet enough to smudge a bit easily, But once its dried it works amazingly and makes your eyes pop! Really great product, Would recommend, Would and will buy again!

on 7/11/2012 9:18:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I wear very dramatic eye make up every day and this give me the perfect efffect on my lashes! I use about 7-8 coats of it per day and it really looks like I'm wearing falsies. I always get compliments on how I do my make-up and I would not be able to do it without this! It stays on all day, doesn't flake, and unlike a lot of other mascaras, the brush is big, but not so big that it makes using it awkward. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants really voluminous, dramatic lashes!

on 7/2/2012 3:42:00 PM

I got it on sale for like $5. It works really good no clumping and does everything it states. I love it! Its the only mascara I'm using at the moment I see more results in this one then a Mac mascara I have. I also use the regular mascara by Avon it's waterproof I always use to use. Ever since I got this one. I had actually gave SSM to my mom... Lol a mistake I did. I seen it still in the box in her room so I decided to try it out and had to give her the regular one because I actually purchased both at the same time. The reg. was on sale for 2 for $4 and it had been years before I replaced my old one. I know it was unsanitary to still use it bt I seen it hadn't got dry or anything I still used it. I had actually thought they probably discontinue it by then. Luckily they had it on sale so I had to grab it and just got SSM just to try it out. It worked awesome no compliantes on this just compliments