November 23, 2014 | 1132 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not too bad. Didn't volumize as much as I'd hoped, but didn't flake, smudge or irritate either. Comes off quite easily. The plastic comb brush is kind of large, so it was somewhat difficult to get to the outer lashes. Overall, it just gave a natural look that seperated eash lash nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by GlitterMuffin773

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I have to admit, though, that I wasn't initially a fan.

I'm a new AVON Rep., but until recently wasn't in love with their mascara or foundation. I purchased this mascara to essentially give it a try since the claims were pretty impressive. The first time I used it I absolutely HATED it. It made my lashes fall flat when it dried and I wasn't seeing any 'super volume' whatsoever. It went immediately into my makeup 'crap pile of doom' for a couple weeks.

Then, one day I thought I'd give it another try as (after all) I'm now selling this stuff. This time, however, I used an eyelash curler before applying. Wow. I completely ate my words and it's now my absolute favorite. I've recommended it to customers and everyone else loves it, too. It didn't flake (I live in CA where it gets warm, too), brought out lashes I didn't know I had PLUS (my favorite part) it didn't break the bank. I would recommend, however, that you curl before applying and use 2-3 coats to get the full effect: lots of sexy lashes with no clumps and no stiffness.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by michellea123

This is a bittersweet mascara!
Pros:
Never clumps
Raises lashes without curling them

Cons:
Flakes
Very weak color
Doesnt make lashes thicker

This is good if you want a barely there mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by teaghanlc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used.
Especially when it's dried out!

It separates lashes.
Evenly coats all lashes.
Makes eyes pop like there's no tomorrow.

Beautiful product.

I got this as a freebie off a magazine, and I'm finding it ridiculously hard to find where to buy a new one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Hxcookie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wet enough to put on and make your lashes look amazing! But, Also wet enough to smudge a bit easily, But once its dried it works amazingly and makes your eyes pop! Really great product, Would recommend, Would and will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by laurenemmess

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I wear very dramatic eye make up every day and this give me the perfect efffect on my lashes! I use about 7-8 coats of it per day and it really looks like I'm wearing falsies. I always get compliments on how I do my make-up and I would not be able to do it without this! It stays on all day, doesn't flake, and unlike a lot of other mascaras, the brush is big, but not so big that it makes using it awkward. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants really voluminous, dramatic lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by earvizo92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got it on sale for like $5. It works really good no clumping and does everything it states. I love it! Its the only mascara I'm using at the moment I see more results in this one then a Mac mascara I have. I also use the regular mascara by Avon it's waterproof I always use to use. Ever since I got this one. I had actually gave SSM to my mom... Lol a mistake I did. I seen it still in the box in her room so I decided to try it out and had to give her the regular one because I actually purchased both at the same time. The reg. was on sale for 2 for $4 and it had been years before I replaced my old one. I know it was unsanitary to still use it bt I seen it hadn't got dry or anything I still used it. I had actually thought they probably discontinue it by then. Luckily they had it on sale so I had to grab it and just got SSM just to try it out. It worked awesome no compliantes on this just compliments

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by skeeter04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! I got this in the waterproof and it has never failed me! I already have long semi-full lashes and this made them so thick and dramatic. Ive only found one other product so far that does this good. Its a nice and thick formula but doesnt clump, the brush seperates my lashes nicely. It doesnt cause spider-legs and the formula is not wet when first using. It is buildable and i will definately continue to use this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm suprised that I actually like this. When I first saw it, I thought the brush was horrendous. Too big and bulky...But, I actually like it. It's a nice rich black, it doesn't clump on me (even after multiple coats) and it doesn't flake or give me raccoon eyes. Not bad Avon (plus I got it on sale!) The smell can be a bit offputting. (a little too chemical-y for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am relatively new to Avon and this was my first purchase from the brand. I LOVE it! I have very sparse short lashes and this mascara does wonders to define and add volume and length. If you apply ONE light coat, it will hold up a curl. It is a dream to remove, comes right off with warm water. It only smudges A LITTLE BIT. It's not gunna smear all over your face and ruin your make up but just clean up with a cotton bud and you'll be good to go. I have a hate/love relationship with the brush. I like the tiny bristles and it disperses the product well but it's too big for my eyes!

It got this when it was on 'sale' for AUD$15.