Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.6

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 9/4/2013 7:37:00 PM

Flawless medium-heavier coverage but $$$$

I got a sample of this HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder but wasn't sure how to use it... so I went to Sephora and asked. :)

One of the reps who wanders the store stopped to help. He asked my permission to do his thing, I gave it, he whipped out the Sephora Blush Brush #49 (LOVE!) and went to work... his hands almost a blur. Once done, he directed me to a mirror and WOAH!! Gorgeous coverage, if a little heavier than I prefer. Almost too flawless, if such a thing exists. :)

BUT!!! This is supposed to replace your foundation/powder sooo... where's the SPF. :( For the price, I expect some protection. Still, the coverage is lovely, so I'd consider. :)

on 8/25/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this powder as part of the Smashbox Try It kit.

It's a pretty decent powder, I find it mattifying, but I can't use a kabuki brush with this. I actually use a poof (the one that comes with ELF HD powder).

Using the poof is the only way I can get any benefit from this product, if I use a brush there isn't enough coverage in the powder.

This powder is usable and doesn't irritate my skin. But I don't feel like it offers decent coverage. It is crazy expensive, and I don't know why because it doesn't work any better than CG, which is $6.

I will finish the powder that came with the kit, but I would never purchase this. It is so expensive and it doesn't do anything.

It's cool how you twist from the bottom to get the product out though, but even that I find wasteful because I doubt you can get the last bit of product out once it's close to empty. And at almost $60 a jar I'm sure you want to be able to squeeze every last speck out powder out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a combination type skin which can get really dry so I was quite reluctant to go for this until I got a sample and thought to give it a try... Oh my God. It gives such a velvety pearly finish and is really hydrating. No problems what so ever with my combination skin it actually somehow balances it.. It doesn't have that cakey effect on the oily areas either.. Love it!

on 8/12/2013 4:56:00 AM

I absolutely love this. It gives a good coverage and is not cakey whatsoever. My all-time favorite product of it's kind. I wouldn't recommend the brush though. Make sure you have a good brush on hand.

on 7/2/2013 2:18:00 PM

Probably the best powder I've used in a long time. The most unique thing about this is the grinder for sure - I like to think of it as grinding the "fresh essences" of the product everytime you use it. It's also good in that you grind only how much you need so the product doesn't get everywhere and isn't too messy. The powder has some coverage to it too which I find is great for people(especially in the summer) who don't want the heaviness of foundation but want to look matte/want a little coverage. This is perfect - the only thing is I would recommend a setting spray just in case. Otherwise, this product is amazing :) Worth a try!

on 4/16/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this bronzing powder. It is matte, it is brown, and it looks dreamy on the skin. Can be used on various shades of skin if not using solely for personal use. Has a way of softening the overall look of the skin. Never without it!!!

on 4/11/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! I put it on over my foundation and I'm good to go, however!! I do reapply maybe 3 times a day. I was suggested the pressed powder but if you wipe the pressed powder on your hand you will find that it creases almost instantly. Besides the reapplying I really enjoy this product. Keep in mind it is not the best for coverage it's very sheer and if you need something heavier for coverage I would suggest the MAC studio effect I used it for years but I wanted something lighter.

on 4/6/2013 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I couldn't work what the point of this was... For a powder it seemed not to offer any kind of matte finish, but there wasn't any coverage either. I normally use powder to take away shine and set foundation, which this didn't do, and beyond that, I couldn't see why I would use it. Meh.

on 4/1/2013 1:47:00 AM

I love this powder. It does a nice job of setting foundation. Alone it doesn't cover up flaws great but with concealer and foundation it works really well.

on 2/26/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for an all over powder to wear with light coverage for easy weekend days where I didn't want to wear a face full of foundation. I planned to wear this over concealer. I had a few problems. The main issue, and the reason this is a NO for me, is that it felt uncomfortable on my skin (slightly irritated/itchy). Also, the way I roll, I like to touch up concealer throughout the day - it gets rubbed off and what not... when I tried to add concealer over the top of the powder and blend, it did not work at all - caused a mess on my face. The lightest shade worked for me, but would not work for paler people. The packaging was top notch though - ingenious - 5 stars for it.... you screw the mechanism inside and it dispenses a bit of product, then it comes with a nice dense brush (unheard of!) to apply. No need to drop another 40 bucks on a brush. The coverage was actually higher than I had expected - it was light to medium.

Top Rated Smashbox Products