April 19, 2014 | 1991 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

OMG, I thought that Boots Rosewater Toner was the business but I decided to spend a few more pounds and try pure Rosewater and it is absolutely gorgeous. I find the scent addictive and a major part of the whole experience of using it but the fact that rosewater is so refreshing, cleansing and moisturising - meaning I can occasionally go without my regular moisturiser - makes it an essential item for me. I decant it into two separate pump bottles and use one for toning and as a facial mist; to the other I add glycerin and set my make-up with it. I have tried it with glycerin and witch hazel too (as a toner) and that worked out well but that was only for when my skin was really oily. I am easily bored by products but Rosewater is now a staple in my bathroom. Oh, and even though my skin is now in quite poor shape I can still use Rosewater without any problem. What a godsend!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I usually use a couple of drops of rosewater when doing my bi-weekly Aztec cleansing mask. It keeps my face, which is oily and sensitive, from becoming too red after I rinse the mask off and helps a bit when the smell of the vinegar. It also balances the oiliness I get in the summer. Rosewater alone makes an excellent toning mist when my skin is a bit irritated or congested. It doesn't break me out or leave any residue. I sometimes use it my hair or skin as a light fragrance though it is only temporary. I never used it in my cooking, but will have to try that one day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

A use for rosewater that hasn't been mentioned here: eye drops. There is a v good quality brand my mom uncle and other ppl in my fam use based on doctor's recommendation- i think arq e gulab by marhaba? Anyway i use it all the time- it stings for a second but it cools and refreshes my eyes v well esp in hotter countries. Also v good as toner. I find it better than the much pricier facial mists and toners that I have tried
. Helps moisturizer but on its own too it really soothes and it seems to help retain moisture. i agree with the reviewer who says using this, she woke up to happy glowing skin- same case with me. I wasn't expecting anything either.. As soon as I get a spray bottle I plan to put a lot of it into it as a body mist for summer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rosewater is seriously one of the best kept beauty products IT IS AMAZING and has done wonders for my complexion. It is so much brighter and glowing and youthful looking. I use this mostly as a toner and as a refreshing mist on hot and sweaty days. I have also used it as a makeup setting spray to tone down any cakey powdery mess. I love how natural this product is and can seriously notice how much better my skin looks. It is HG status and a staple in my beauty regime :) I get this off iherb for super cheap and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AGDMR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

rosewater is great ifyou have dry combinations sensitive face so let me tell you I cant say rosewater,verite lotion cleanser or jojoba one made my face like baby but I am gonna use a toner on it yet still trying to get one efficient but not drying

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by asukadoll

Rosewater is a fantastic toner for any skin type. When I was on BCP I had very dry skin, and using rosewater as a toner helped control my skins dryness and I never again experienced flaking bits around my nose, etc, when wearing makeup. Your skin will feel smooth, supple and velvety, it's amazing! Once I stopped taking BCP my skin became oily and very prone to hormonal/cystic acne. I continue to use rosewater everyday and it helps calm my skin after using harsh acne-fighting products. Some days I take a break from acne-fighting products and just cleanse, spray on some rosewater and let my skin breathe. It helps reduce redness and dryness from acne products. This stuff is miraculous and will work for ANY skin type. Get some. Now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by MissKittyKat

I see a notable difference in my skin (more breakouts, an overall duller appearance) whenever I stop using rosewater. I purchased a bottle on a whim one day and I'm happy I did. At first I sprayed a bit one my skin to help set my makeup and throughout the day because it felt refreshing. I wasn't taking very good care of my skin or myself at the time but noticed my acne beginning to clear within a matter of days. Now I use rosewater for everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought my Rosewater from a eBay seller named sweet-essential. This is because I can't find any brand of Rosewater at any drug/food store around me. So I gave it a try on eBay. This seller sells their own brand. Claimed to be 100% pure Rosewater imported from Morocco, USDA certified. I believe them because they are willing to show Certificate of Authenticity if you ask. I like how it contain no chemical or fragrance. Only pure Rosewater. I feel good using it on my face knowing that. The rose smell is very much like the real flower. So relaxing. I've been using it for months and so far so good. Skin feels smooth and hydrated. No bad reaction. I think I will keep using this as a toner from now on as I would like something more natural instead of a bunch of chemical mixed into mineral water( or just water in some case).
This particular brand Rosewater comes in a 4 oz. brown plastic bottle. Which I adore because I believe essential products should be kept in dark color bottle because they are sensitive to sunlight. It sells for about $8 comes with free shipping.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by elisejarnved

I have been using this for a few weeks now (it's not that brand but still rosewater ;)) and I'm still undecided. I can't figure out if it does something or not and if it's that much make my face so read (but I had redness before as well). I'm a little confused. I might try an aloe vera toner instead and see if anything changes.
But I have figured out that I don't like the smell of roses that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Sternchen991

As an Arab I literally grew up with rosewater literally everywhere. From when I was a baby I would be rubbed in it or get a spoonful to drink and it is also in nearly every dessert thought of in the Arab cuisine. When I started to break out as a teenager and my skin would get oily my mother would always tell me to wash it with rose water and up until now I always keep one bottle in the kitchen one in the bathroom and one on my vanity!

This stuff is seriously amazing. Of course I would recommend getting the best quality possible wherever you live because quite often nowadays there are some non authentic rose waters on the market that have little to do with the actual "real" rosewater.

Here are some uses that are beauty related:

- in a sheetmask

-toner

-chilled to refresh tired, reddened and puffy eyes

- in an aromatic bath (with a cup of milk)

-make-up fix spray

-refreshing pray toner throughout the day

The list goes on! I can only recommend it!!!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No