August 1, 2014 | 1291 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

got part of the system in a bzzagent campaign, which i appreciated cause it's very expensive i guess! the packaging isn't very pretty, but i do like the tingly feeling this gives my scalp and the way it smells (since it's minty, it would be useful if you have a boyfriend who doesn't want to use hair products that are too floral). i couldn't say for sure if it helped with hair breakage, but my scalp is dry and itchy and this did seem to make a difference in the amount of flaking i get. this was my favorite part of the system-i don't know if i'll repurchase since i love trying new things, but if you're looking for a system to rid you of flakes without smelling disgusting, try this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by x0tayylor0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff. I haven't used it in quite some time because I've been trying other products. The conditioner and shampoo makes your scalp tingle. It almost feels cold. My hair stylist said that the ones that do that are great for color treated hair. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

So, I had the worst case of dry scalp of my entire life. I'm pretty sure it was the beginning of Psoriasis (my dad has that and I know what it looks like). To make things worse, my hair was shedding like crazy after I gave birth to my son.

Needless to say, I was in need of some serious help, and this system was it! I was trying to wait for at least a month to write a review about it would be accurate, but after 2 weeks of using this conditioner and the System 1 Clenser Shampoo my problems are so much better than I every would have thought.

My hair is shedding half as much as it was before, and my scalp is almost completely heathy again! Every time I use this conditioner I can see a huge difference, and the itching stopped after the first use. It doesn't weigh my hair down, which is another enormous plus. My hair is also fine, and this stuff has given me more volume than anything I have ever tried (which is about everything being a product junkie and all..). My hair has always been in good condition and soft, but I've noticed that it's been softer than normal and the manageability has improved.

I can't say enough about this stuff. I love it. The only drawback was the price and bottle size.. The only place I could buy it was at a local salon, and it came in a HUGE 1,000ml 33.8fl oz bottle.. $40 for the shampoo and conditioner. I'm not going to lie, the tingling and coolness that you get when you use this stuff freaked me out a little at first, but I actually like it now.

Other than that, I have found my HG conditioner!

Update - It's been over a year (Dec. 4, 2011) and I'm still using this conditioner (and the System 1 Clenser). I had lost so much hair around the crown of my face and top of my scalp that I looked like I was going bald (In my early 20's!). After about 4 months there were little hairs sprouting up in the places where my hair had thinned. Whole sections of hair were growing back. As it got longer I actually had to get side swept bangs because it looked like I had a 3 year old try to give me bangs in the front...lol

I haven't had a problem with dry scalp again. Nioxin is still the best shampoo/conditioner combo I have ever owned. The improvements are completely noticeable, and I couldn't be happier.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by NYsmiLez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this entire system to try as a sample. Just tried it for the first time today, and immediately fell in love. I wasn't too crazy about the scent (not bad.. but meh...) As soon as I rinsed out the shampoo, my hair felt smoother. Which is saying a lot bc usually my hair feels like straw in between the shampooing and conditioning phase. The conditioner bottle was abotu half the size of the shampoo so i tried to use a small amount... didn't glob it on like other brands, and you know what? that tiny amount worked better than a cup of suave would've. hair totally felt like silk. it was super easy to brush out with the scalp treatment. and the smell is actually growing on me. it's kind of a winter/sweet mint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This feels so good on your scalp (tingly) and to me it has seemed to repair damage from styling as well. This and the Nioxin shampoo for natural hair is the best shampoo/ conditioner system I have ever used. I really have noticed thicker, healthier hair. Really worth the money and IMO not as expensive as some high end salon brands with way better results, even if you don't have thin hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by natashazogaric

Ok it's been about a week and so far I'm rating this product a 5. I just took out my fused-in keratin wax extensions and along with the removal of the extensions, out came my real hair. I've struggled with regaining healthy hair pretty much my whole adult life. I was bleached platinum blonde for about 5 years and the only way to get my hair healthy again was Pureology. Now that my hair has actually fallen out, I am trying Nioxin step 3 system(for chemically treated hair). So I wash about every other day, condition everyday, and use the scalp therapy treatment every other day. So far it's good and I've noticed my hair feeling a lot more full and stronger, it's reasonably priced for me (as I use to pay about $100 for a liter of Pureology shampoo and conditioner) Wish me luck in my journey to full hair again! I'll update ya'll in a few more weeks....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

This review is more for Nioxin System 1 (which Scalp Therapy conditioner is the second step of). The system includes the Cleanser, Scalp Therapy Conditioner, and the Treatment.

I have to say, this system is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. I understand that you can buy the set of shampoo + conditioner for a very reasonable price. The problem is that I had accidentally bought two bottles of conditioner before, so it would be a waste to buy the big set when I only needed the Cleanser and the Treatment. I don't know if it's just my local shop being expensive, but the big bottle (750ml I believe) of the Cleanser was $25 and the Treatment (which is a very small bottle) was a wooping $40. Add that, plus what I spent back a while ago on the extra bottle of conditioner, the total came out to be almost $100. .____. VERY expensive...

That said, I've only used it twice so far. Following the proper direction of shampoo, conditioner, then treatment (leave in), I've noticed a difference on my head. For one, there definitely appears to be less of a hair loss, both in shower, and out of shower. Second, it appears the system weighs my hair down less. When using my previous shampoo/conditioner (Shiseido's Assience or however you spell it), my bangs tend to get oily by end of the day, and overall it just appeared flatter. But i'm not sure if this is because Nioxin might be making my hair a little dryer?

From what I can tell so far after just two washes, it does feel like it's making my hair stronger. First wash there was a lot of hair lost, but it wasn't any more or less than my regular washing (so considering most people say first wash with Nioxin == ton of hair loss, this indicates how bad my hair loss was). However what I did notice was that there appaeared to be less hair loss outside of shower (ie when i run my hand through dry hair, less come out). Second wash last night, there appeared to be less hair loss in shower. Again there was less hair loss outside of shower too.

EDIT: so it's been approximately 10 days since I started using. It varies sometimes but in general it does appear that there is less hair coming out during showers. There appears to be less hair coming out normally too, though every once in a while a strand or two will still come out. At first my hair felt stronger (ie not so smooth) but the past two days I noticed my hair becoming smooth again. Not sure if this means it stopped working at making my hair thicker/stronger yet. I did notice that the bottom of my hair (which is still semi permed and used to be turning brown/golden brown due to lack of nutrition i suppose) has slowly changed back to a darker color. Nevertheless I'm going to cut that off at the end of this week, but it's a nice indication that Nioxin's working (hopefully).

Can't tell if the Treatment's working though (ie with growing back more hair) since I can't look at myeslf in the scalp lol

EDIT2: 6/5/2009
It's been a couple of months since i started using this (or possibly 1.5 months). My inshower hairloss dwindled a great deal, but my out of shower/after shower hair loss also increased. Overall I believe my hair is within the 100 hair loss/day average now. I still can't tell if the Treatment's doing anything (ie any new hair growth) as I don't have a handy stylist to tell me. However i also went and got myself a haircut to cut out the dead ends of my hair from the perm, so that may be what made my hair healthier, as opposed to the shampoo.

for everyone who are having hairloss problems, i actually suggest go exercise more, or possibly eat stuff to replace red blood cells. i noticed that there's less hair loss on days i went to the gym. My daytime job is sitting in front of a comp for 9+ hours, and in the past I didn't like to exercise, so I'm wondering if my hairloss could be related to bad circulation. Better circulation to the scalp should actually help a great deal with strengthening hair. in fact part of what Treatment does is to get more blood to your scalp (it says on there that your scalp should turn red temporarily due to flush of blood).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by SunshineakaSmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for the past two months now. I was really skeptical about purchasing this, because I was really tired of shelling out so much money on products that claim to work and just disappoint me. I wanted to wait a little bit before I reviewed this. This product has not disappointed me. After the first night of using System 5 I noticed less shedding. I used to have really thick hair and my hair started falling out in clumps. The next day I washed my hair I had even less. Even while brushing and combing my hair less came out. After a week I was pleasantly suprised that I had maybe 2-3 strands fall out. And in the shower I was not seeing any clumps in my hand. I cannot comment on if I have any new growth though. I can't tell. I do hope that this will help promote new growth by giving it a better condition to work with. I will post updates as I go. I am mixed and have had problems finding products that keep my hair moistrurized and not dry it out. This has been a great product so far.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Highly overpriced product that does not stop hair loss but will help with breakage. You need hardly any which is a plus and it is a soothing smell and sensation but I can't say it does anything for hair loss over the ten years I have used it on and off. Cannot use it every day as it will build up and make my hair dull. Too heavy for summer use. Too expensive and several similar affordable alternatives out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ANSTAH

Minty fresh on my scalp, smells like mint. Don't really like how it smells the day after, so I have to use this stuff everyday. I can't wait till i finish the giant bottle I have so I can go back to using something else. Also for some reason, maybe I have a defective bottle, but the product leaks out of the top even though it's standing right side up. It's really quite annoying and a pain to clean.