November 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Everyday Minerals - Pick Me Up Pink [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by jamie11210

Again, I am so sad that there is not an option to say "maybe" on "would you buy again?". I wanted to like this SO much. BE's bisque works wonders on me, and I was thinking this would be a close comparison. Well, unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed in this. I attempted to cover acne, redness, and even out my under eye area, and sadly, this did nothing special for any of the areas. I hate that I am in the minority on this. My complexion is usually a light, but in the summer, I am a tanner light-medium. Maybe that's why. Maybe it is not for lighter complexions, anyway, sorry to be the odd person out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by M1RACLE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this with recommendations on the Everyday Minerals Forum and to be honest, I was skeptical but nonetheless I included this in my free sample kit instead of the Mint Concealer. Again, with the recommendations I sometimes mixed it with Pearl Beige and sometimes without and I LOVE this. I actually prefer this over the foundation I purchased from Everyday Minerals because I'm not sure if it's just me but my Golden Light Semi Matte foundation oxides a LOT during the day to the point where I'm much more yellow than I actually am. This doesn't oxide (or barely) and this doesn't get as cakey as my Golden Light Semi Matte foundation which I love. I think once I get a job, I'm going back for the full size :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Kari1

So, I purchased this concealer based mostly on the reviews here. Let me tell you, I was blown out of the water! I can't believe that this light pink powder actually toned down my "big time" redness, and evened out my complexion. It even smoothed out, or "blurred" an area where I had some blemishes that hadn't been concealed yet. I just used a little mineral concealer under my eyes, and I used just a touch of LG balance n brighten fair for a little more coverage. So I see now that this works really well as a primer as well! I stayed fresh and matte with PMUP on as I had no other primer on underneath this time. As for packaging, mine came with an option for a closed sifter attached to it...so that makes it much better than the older version! This powder is not chalky or glittery...but blends into your skin and seems to be really transforming. I would just say to try a sample if you question the full-size! If you have any issues with redness at all....they don't have to be severe, I would recommend this since it will last you a long time and it really is inexpensive for the amount of product you receive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have never used anthing pink in color as a primer before applying makeup until I got this product. I take a kabuki brush dip into the powder and then buff it all over my face. This powder somehow helps to not only even my complexion and take away any sallowness or ruddines to it, but it also provides my face with a subtle brightness to it as well.

I love this product and I am glad that I gave it try. As, a full sized container of this product will honestly last a long, long time due to your only having to use a small amount towards priming your face with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by hyeminnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this as both a primer and a concealer. I have redness in my cheeks and around my nose, and the PMUP works fantastically to correct that. This is probably my HG makeup item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT - I used this a primer today and HOLY COW. Who knew a pale pink primer would make my skin look so smooth? It cancelled out redness and sallowness at the same time! I'm very fair, but it didn't show up pink at all, just kind of glowy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by strickers

Wow. I use it as an undereye brightener, hides my sallow under eye tones, tones down redness and evens my complexion. I use a light dusting of this as a primer, and it lets my MMU set with a flawless finish. Doubles as a flawless cute pink blush for light skintones.

I never would have tried this aside from the glowing reviews and now here I am, glowing too. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

Pros:
Finely milled, smooth application
When used as a finishing powder, it adds a soft-focus glow and makes your complexion look flawlessly even
Long wearing
Used with a heavier hand, can double as a blush, close in shade to Benefit Dandelion

Cons:
Not really a con, but I'd be thrilled if they came out with a pressed version for the clumsy.

Not exactly a comparison pic of similar shades, just benchmarking it against some more well-known shades:

continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by LaDormeuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Seriously amazing! Really, really amazing! I'm really not sure how, or why this pink powder makes my skin look so flawless, all I know is that it works wonders. I have a very uneven skin tone and this seems to cancel all the redness out. I use this over my foundation and it really works like an airbrush over my skin. I use the EM foundation brush to apply (I paint it on but also work it into the skin). And as with all of the EM products I have tried, it is very gentle and has not caused any breakouts. The first time I used it my husband even noticed how clear and fresh my complexion looked! This is now a permanent part of my makeup routine! I don't know what I did without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

Who would have thought pink could cancel out red? I was a bit skeptical but after reading all these wonderful MUA reviews I decided to add it to my Free Sample Kit (which is awesome!) and I'm glad I did! It really does get rid of the redness in my cheeks and helps diminish the dark circles underneath my eyes. It provides a nice canvas for my foundation, doesn't cake, and blends smoothly. Would I buy this product again? Yes, yes, yes!