July 25, 2014 | 1045 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Custom Creations Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by andyI

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It slid off of my skin and settled in my poors by mid-day. Too oily. I thought it also gave me a dirty, orange-ish look, even on the lightest shade setting. On the upside, if you're not planning on wearing it for very long, it's great to have a selection of colors. Im a tanner, so i ran into alot of change in color. Maybe for good for dry skin, though my skin isn't particularly oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by catherinee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation broke me out and it has a very thick consistency which makes it hard to apply. I found I had to mix it with a bit of my moisturiser to make it easier to apply. I like the idea of being able to achieve different shades from the same bottle but I found when you use the number 5 shade you end up only getting half the bottle's worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sophiaayu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I used #5 medium and it works great for my skin tone. I get lighter or darker depending on the seasons. During the winter/fall I'm lighter and spring/summer I'm darker. i used 2 or 3 for fall/winter and 4 or 5 for spring/summer. And i works great! It gives a light and medium coverage, which is perfect for me cause sometimes I use concealer, but sometime I like my imperfections to show through. I use my MAC 187 or MAC 188 and stipple all over my face and then blend it. This product does not dry quickly like the Revlon Superstay or Photo Ready, so you can take your time to blend. Plus it blends very nice and smooth! i love how it can be change to match your skin tone throughout the seasons! I would buy this again! it is very uncommon to buy foundations again just because i like to try new things, but this would be my cheap HG foundation product! And that to me saids a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by alana18

To start off when i first saw this i thought it was so cool looking, then i decided to try it and im wondering why i thought something that had a dial to find your shade would actually work. I hated it, completly awful

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I felt that it was impossible to find my true shade without wasting a lot of foundation - each time I twisted the lid, I had to pump the foundation out for a few times to get the new shade I'd selected. Even when I thought I'd found it, I was wrong. Gah. I didn't like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Encie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product so much! I actually just bought my second bottle today. My first one lasted for so long and it was so perfect, I had to get it as soon as possible.
    One thing I noticed for the reviews of this product is that most of the negative reviews come from those with fair skin. I don't know if that's just a coincidence or because the product doesn't work for lighter colors but it was just an observation to take into consideration if you're unsure of whether to buy it.
    Anyways, back to the review! I really like the texture of this. It's pretty creamy and it leaves a nice, dewy look. I have oily skin, but after my MUFE HD primer, it stays on all day. My shade is #5 in the Medium color but when I ran out of that, i used the lighter colors mixed in with a bit of darker foundation from CG and it was totally fine. I really don't think it's a waste of product since this lasted me for sooo long. Definitely more than a year. The color is great for me and I have absolutely no complains about this product whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by geraldinelorente

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This foundation really does make my skin look smoother and somewhat "hides" my pimples (but not totally, maybe about 50%). For the price, I believe that this product is a must have. It lasts long, and it is very easy to use. But I do not like the idea of the "adjusting the dial" to get the shade that you want. Actually, even after adjusting, the shade is not really the exact match for my skin tone. I thought that I already run out of the product but when I changed the dial, there was still some on the bottle, but it is pretty much useless since it is not "my shade" anymore. Thus, a waste. I'll prefer this if the shades are individually sold.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Sapwell

I wasted half the product trying to find my 'perfect match' HA! I can't believe I bought this! Even if it did work, I would feel bad throwing it away when I had used up all my color, because wouldn't there always be some left in the bottle? Back to Walmart it goes.

Oh, and I think the foundation itself is crap to.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

hell no would I buy this again.

This is a despicable product and a total waste of money.

Looks like orange plastic on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product has some definite pros & cons in my book. So far, this is the best drugstore foundation that I've found - but I still like my Clinique Superfit much better. That being said, this is a good product for the price. I also really like that you get to choose the shade of your foundation. This is a great product for transitioning between seasons - and the different skin tones that go with them. The only problem that I have with it is that it doesn't have very great lasting power. I usually feel like it needs to be reapplied in the middle of the day (even though I don't) and it's usually all gone by the time I get around to taking my makeup off at night. Despite that, it does give really great coverage and I'll probably always repurchase this when I'm looking for a foundation, but am on a budget.