December 17, 2014 | 1634 users online

Powder - Chanel - Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin: Asian NC 20/25, sensitive, dry, clog prone.

I love this for touchups throughout the day as I am a packaging hoor and this sleek compact is nice to pull out with its good sized mirror and actually usable sponge. The powder itself is quite nice but nothing special imo. It is a decent shade for me and gives light coverage which is fine for me as I don't need much. It gives a nice soft focus effect at first which wears away quickly after a few hours which is strange for me because most powders adhere very well to my dry skin even in Los Angeles heat. The need to constantly retouch throughout the day is a bit inconvenient for me and since this powder I have found MAC studio careblend powder which is so much better for me, lasts much longer on me skin, and gives a bit of that soft focus effect as well. However, this does look quite natural even with constant touchups. Would I repurchase? I put no as I feel that this powder is not very good quality for what I have come to expect with Chanel but I just may just to have this pretty compact on hand to whip out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by cecilija

I have been using Mat Lumiere compact for a long time now (this might me third or fourth refill) in 10 Lumiere. During the year, I use it on top of Mac Studio FX foundation (during winter months & when going out), on its own (warmer weather) and for touch-ups during the day.

I think I keep repurchasing for the combination of GREAT packaging, solid quality and because it usually gives a good balance for my mixed skin: it is not dull, as many mat powders can be on the skin and for most of the time provides the nice, glowy-mat appearance its name promises. Used on its own, it has medium coverage and I am usually happy with the slight soft-focus effect it leaves on the skin.

However, it not a perfect compact for the summer, at least for me. My T zone becomes oily very soon after the application (in spite of using matifying base underneath it) and I need repeated touch-ups on and on during the day.

So, I am now looking for something else to get me through the summer heat, but will probably get back to it in autumn.
This probably isn't the best compact for me out there, but I still haven't found the better one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by starshar

I stay in tropical country which has summer all year long. And no, this powder is not helping me to control my oil at all, it gets oily after 3 hours. It doesn't help that it comes with poor coverage, sheer-medium coverage. Only comes in 6 shades. The good thing is, it doesn't break out on me at all, as I am rather acne-prone. I like the finely-milled powder as it glides on my face easily. For the price like that, I will not repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mybb

It the most expensive compact i have bought so far. Like this as it give a nice glow but tend to cake after a few hours. As i apply this without any foundations or primer. Pores on nose become more obvious at mid day.

After 4 mths of usage, cystic pimple begin to pop out of my face. I wish it not this powder that i am reacting to. So i will stop for a while before using it again. Will update soon

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by msmanetti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this to use as a powder to add extra coverage and set my foundation. It does give me a fairly flawless look and seems to cover the bumps and pockets on my face quite well. The powder itself is soft and lightweight on. Packaging is high quality.Two negatives: 1) There are only 6 shades available in Australia and the one I purchased was a little too dark/yellow (Poudre #50) so I have to lighten my skin back up with a light setting powder. 2) The price - AU$98 is crazy! This would be great if it exactly matched my skin, which I would expect if paying that price. Looks and feels nice (not fantastic, just very good) if done with a very light hand, but will not repurchase because of the price and colours available.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by miszieman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently went into Chanel makeup craze, after trying out the new vitalumiere aqua (which i LOVE). But since vitalumiere aqua dont have that much staying power (my days are usually 8am to 8pm..), i wanted something that i can use to touch up that has some coverage. I was thinking of a powder foundation rather than just a pressed powder. The SA suggested this one in No50 Poudre.
I have to say, i'm not loving it at all. It comes with a sponge applicator, and i find that if i use the sponge, it makes my face looks very cakey and chalky. Even if i wear it on its own without any liquid foundation beneath its still cakey. I really wanted to love it coz it IS Chanel. =)
The packaging is GORGEOUS and on the powder there's a CHanel engraving that makes it all so pretty.
Now, what i do is use it as a setting powder if i want more coverage/staying power BUT i use a soft big powder brush. I think maybe in the summer (i dont like wearing liquid foundation in the summer, too heavy looking) i might try to wear it on its own with a kabuki brush and buff it in and see how it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kl87

I first tried this product many years ago when I won a voucher to a beauty shop. I brought this product and for a while only used it as a 'special occasions' make up because of the cost. Now I use it every time I wear make up.

I have the shade 40 - Sable, it suits my skin perfectly, the coverage is great over any foundation or just over concealer. It stays on all day, manages to cover any blemishes and has good coverage.

I tend to apply it using the sponge and then go over it with a brush to spread it better. I find using a brush on the powder itself causes too much wastage I'd rather not have for the cost.

This is definitely my go to pressed powder. I don't use anything else. I know the price is a bit but I find it lasts for ages and is totally worth it. (And buying online is a lot cheaper!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A very good foundation. It doesn't change the colour during the day, it lasts several hours, doesn't really smell comparing to the liquid version, doesn't crease, doesn't flake, doesn't accentuate pores. Sponge (which is included) can actually be used for application, but gives a full coverage, I personally prefer brush for medium coverage. It doesn't really make you look matte, rather luminous. It doesn't control oil very well, but I start shining with any foundation in a couple of hours. I don't use it for touch ups during the day, because I think in that case my face looks sort of over made-up:). I prefer blotting paper or Poudre universelle. I always repurchase it, although I always try new foundations, I always have this, because it works on me very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by cocomotion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

why I love this product:

1- Med Coverage

2- Keeps you matte for about 5 hours which is great on my oily skin

3- Doesn't break me out

4- Doesn't look cakey at all, as it says on the package its a luminous powder with means it gives enough life to oily skin without taking from the matte

5- Can be used with a skunk brush for sheer coverage or with a powder puff for med to even high coverage ( depends on how much you add )

6- you can apply cream products over it easily without it changing texture

7- Has SPF 10 which is always a plus

8- package is sturdy & the mirror is good quality AND has refill

only wish it was cheaper but in this case I think you are paying for what you are getting , a great quality product =D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday foundation. I have gone through three of these. It doesn't provide much coverage, but I don't need a ton of coverage. It is perfectly light and it doesn't break me out. I recommend this for someone who wants light coverage and a lightweight foundation.