DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 4/22/2013 2:02:00 AM

I got this product a while back after an impulse buy at sephora. This was back when lip plumpers were such a big thing. i like this product as a nice gloss over a lip stain...i can feel the tingle almost like the gloss has cinnamon in it, but I dont think it does ANYTHING for actually plumping your lips. I will use the rest of this product up, but I dont think I will repurchase.

on 4/12/2013 4:55:00 PM

Oh Lip Venom. My favorite old school lip plumping product. The cinnamon smell, the tingle, the bee stung lips...good old fashioned fun in my opinion! I know there are better, more scientific products out there but I don't want to pay $36 for some gloss. Lip Venom is still the same price as it was in 2002 (give or take a buck). I love that! When I was a youngster I would slather this stuff over lipstick, as back then lips had to be ridiculously shiny above all else. Now I just like a little over bare lips for a little "my lips but juicier" effect. Minus a star for the packaging-- since the little brush can't reach the bottom, you have to get rid of it before it's actually gone. That last bit of gloss stuck in the bottom starts to get kinda gross/cloudy looking too.

on 3/10/2013 4:57:00 PM

Terrible product in my book. My lips were irritated and raw. Plumping: no!!! Didn't do a damn thing and I was so angry that I wasted money on this.

on 2/28/2013 8:38:00 AM

I really liked this product, I find it gives me really attractive bee-stung lips! It works by irritating my lips (a slight tingle - not uncomfortable) so they are plumped and a pretty red colour. The effects don't last long and it is rather expensive for the tiny amount you get but it really does do exactly what it says on the tin so I can't fault it! I did take one lippie off though as the applicator isn't long enough to reach the bottom of the tube.

on 2/25/2013 10:08:00 PM

After using Lip Venom my lips were a tad bit bigger, fuller, and plumper BUT at a cost of stinging, redness, and numbness. The feeling didn't by any means last longer than 5 minutes and I kind of liked the 'numb' feeling. This is a fun lip gloss to try if you are contemplating bigger lips without the cost of injections.

on 2/3/2013 4:08:00 AM

I had such high hopes for this and it let me down :(
Pros: I really enjoyed the scent and the fact that it was very sheer so itwouldn't change the color of anything else I wore. Its also not heavy so it doesn't feel goopy at all. The packaging is pretty cute too.
Cons: I felt the tingle/burn for only a couple of mins. There was a slight change but it faded pretty quickly. The actual product itself is SO small. The container it comes in is pretty big but it's very deceiving. I also dont like the price, I got mine for about 16 dollars on eBay. It's not worth it, I think. I've tried the Sally Hansen plumpers and they're much better at like half the price, so I'll just stick to those. Bottom line: I do Not recommend.

on 9/22/2012 9:33:00 PM

There was a tingle but no plumping action. Not a fan!

on 9/18/2012 9:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I last tried this several years back, so maybe I need to give it another try. But I can say this-
1- It was a super soft gloss, if you will. Very smooth and silky on the lips, not sticky.
2-It plumped OKAY, not too much but a little.
3-It stung BAD. Not just a tingle, I mean like I had to remove it it was so strong.
Not worth it at all, IMO. Too expensive and not enough payoff.

on 9/11/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this and the double strength one lets just say it is overrates-the menthol gives a bee stung look for a small amount of time but then sensitive lips so my lips felt dry. expensive for what it is...ridiculous

on 8/28/2012 12:15:00 PM

I got this as a free gift, and I'm glad because this is not a product I would pay for! It smells a bit like car oil, it does not go on smoothly, and because it is quite a thin thick, it also breaks easily. Not a happy bunny!

Recommended for Medium Skin