December 18, 2014 | 1622 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by mayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really liked this product, I find it gives me really attractive bee-stung lips! It works by irritating my lips (a slight tingle - not uncomfortable) so they are plumped and a pretty red colour. The effects don't last long and it is rather expensive for the tiny amount you get but it really does do exactly what it says on the tin so I can't fault it! I did take one lippie off though as the applicator isn't long enough to reach the bottom of the tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

After using Lip Venom my lips were a tad bit bigger, fuller, and plumper BUT at a cost of stinging, redness, and numbness. The feeling didn't by any means last longer than 5 minutes and I kind of liked the 'numb' feeling. This is a fun lip gloss to try if you are contemplating bigger lips without the cost of injections.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Norah1325

I had such high hopes for this and it let me down :(
Pros: I really enjoyed the scent and the fact that it was very sheer so itwouldn't change the color of anything else I wore. Its also not heavy so it doesn't feel goopy at all. The packaging is pretty cute too.
Cons: I felt the tingle/burn for only a couple of mins. There was a slight change but it faded pretty quickly. The actual product itself is SO small. The container it comes in is pretty big but it's very deceiving. I also dont like the price, I got mine for about 16 dollars on eBay. It's not worth it, I think. I've tried the Sally Hansen plumpers and they're much better at like half the price, so I'll just stick to those. Bottom line: I do Not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Chapswife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There was a tingle but no plumping action. Not a fan!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I last tried this several years back, so maybe I need to give it another try. But I can say this-
1- It was a super soft gloss, if you will. Very smooth and silky on the lips, not sticky.
2-It plumped OKAY, not too much but a little.
3-It stung BAD. Not just a tingle, I mean like I had to remove it it was so strong.
Not worth it at all, IMO. Too expensive and not enough payoff.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this and the double strength one lets just say it is overrates-the menthol gives a bee stung look for a small amount of time but then sensitive lips so my lips felt dry. expensive for what it is...ridiculous

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lisaflam

I got this as a free gift, and I'm glad because this is not a product I would pay for! It smells a bit like car oil, it does not go on smoothly, and because it is quite a thin thick, it also breaks easily. Not a happy bunny!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SwampThing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Duwop lip venom is my go to gloss. I love the smell, the tingle, the color (or lack there of..haha), how long it lasts and the packaging. I actually keep mine in original packaging in my purse! Price is a little high for the size, but i will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

This was my first ever plumping gloss, and the hype surrounding it was kinda immense. So i bought it, and was astounded at the sheer size! Its seriously mini, like a perfume sample sized! And it was very cinnamony, and the plumping wasnt as good as i hoped although it did increase blood flow to the lips with the spicyness of it!!!

Kinda not into "stinging" lip glosses anymore!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge fan of products like this one. My lips weren't overly plumped...it felt funny on my lips...and it wore off quickly.