Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo

3.8

water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium taurine cocoyl, methyltaurate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, dipropylene glycol, cocamide mea, sorbitol, sodium chloride, hydroexyethyl urea, polyquaternium-7, camellia japonica seed oil, polyquaternium-61, dimethicone, citric acid, ceratonia siliqua hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, bis-isobutyl PEG-14/amodimethicone copolymer, disodium edta, sodium methyl lauroyl taurate, potassium cocoyl glutamate, glycerin, butylene glycol, PCA ethyl cocoyl, arginate, phenoxethanol, sodium benzoate, fragrance, yellow 5, CI 15985.

on 1/11/2013 1:14:00 AM

I wanted to love this shampoo so badly! I have typical Asian hair, and I thought that this being an Asian shampoo and all, it would enhance my hair with shine and softness ... but it just didn't! I have pretty low maintenance hair and almost all the shampoos that I've tried in my life, from drugstore brands to high end brands, give my hair the same result. So I was surprised when this shampoo actually made my hair a little dry. The smell is phenomenal, yet light enough that it won't take away from any perfume you wear, and I do love its runnier texture. I'm just disappointed that it didn't work well with my hair.

on 1/1/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this shampoo and conditioner.. Makes my hair super soft and it smells so good. I think this works really well only for Asian hair.. If you're Asian, you should give this a try.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this shampoo so much that I used the entire bottle before accepting that it did not work with my scalp. Although it smells amazing, it left me with an extremely flaky and itchy scalp. Within a week of switching to another product, all my irritation was gone.

on 7/5/2012 5:22:00 PM

I recently self treated my hair with red henna wax and i didnt like it so i treated again twice with brown but it made my hair more bright red! So on that same week i dyed it black. It left my hair extremely dry! I got 3 sets of Tsubaki (550ml of shampoo and conditioner plus a tube of treatment) and 4 refills of the Red ones as a gift. I was ecstatic! The scent is not too strong. It brought life and shine back to my hair! This has become my holy grail! I LOVE IT!

on 7/4/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Didn't like this one. It was too harsh for my brittle hair and didn't provide me the moisture I was looking for. Such a disappointment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only been using the damage care set for at least a week now and I noticed that my hair has been then became more manageable (tangles free) but I could see that my hair looks like it has lost its life and it weighed down my hair and it looks really dirty at the end of the day. Im a hair dryer, flat iron and hair dye user and have a lot of split ends, anyway since I stated using it i could see that I also have less hair breakage (hair fall during or while washing my fragile hair) . My hair feels soft after washing it with tsubaki damage care shampoo and conditioner and I must say that I really like its smell. I have been also trying the head spa extra cleansing with essential oil shampoo and the head spa mask and I'm totally in loved with it's cooling sensation and after just one wash my hair smells really lovely, its very soft and really shiny! but this one is supposed to be once a week only and i find it that its not that too harsh on my hair since Ive got extremely oily scalp. I would not re-purchase the damage care set again but might instead switch to the normal head spa set.

on 4/30/2012 6:53:00 PM

I read the reviews on MuA before using this product so I didn't have too high of an expectation. Perhaps that's why after my first use, it BLEW ME AWAY with how great it is. I have thin, fine hair that is dry because of the trails and tribulations I've put it through. I'm Asian, but my hair has not been black for at least 8 years. Imagine all the dying jobs I had - plus bleach, I decided to go "blonde" a few times; and the yearly perms in the past few years. My hair's been described as dry grass by every hair stylist I've had. I've tried deep conditioning treatment at saloons but I just can't afford to have it regularly. I use drug-store conditioning treatments with every other shampoo, and it helped a little. Then I used tsubaki and wow, I can feel the difference right after the first use! I kept on touching my hair through-out the day because of how soft and rich it felt; and I got comments from my family member about my hair looking healthy. I never have any itch or anything like the last reviewer - what she describes sounds like an irritation reaction.

I used the shampoo with the conditioner, followed by the treatment. It is supposed to stay on for ~10min, but I only kept it in my hair for 1min before rinsing with warm/hot water. Seeing that it has great effect even if I don't follow instructions to a T, I'm excited to see what happens if I follow the regime religiously. Another point I want ot mention is that despite this being an "oil" haircare line, it does not weight down or make my hair feel greasy at all. I wash my hair every other day, but I get super annoyed at the first sign of greasy hair (for me, that is when my bangs start to strand). It's been close to two days since I washed my hair with tsubaki and it still looks very healthy, shiny without greasy look/feel. It also gives my hair a great volume and makes my curls volumized. WOW!

Price: yes, it is expensive. However it's doable if you can catch it on sale. I purchased mine from a Japanese mart that had them on sale for $27 (50% off $55) for a package of shampoo (550ml), conditioner (550ml) and treatment (22g). They also had the white line, as well as some of Shiseido's other lines at 50% off as well.

Packaging: lovely and sturdy packaging, with the twistable pump (you can twist it back to lock it - good for travelling). love the red. anyway this sits in my shower so I really don't have much need for this to look all kinds of sexy or anything.

YES to buying this product again, especially if I catch them on sale I would stock up (lol).

on 4/19/2012 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The red version of the shampoo makes my head itch something furious -- other shampoos from even generic lines don't do this. I have no idea why!

The golden head spa oil conditioner works fine on me, but definitely not this! Will discontinue use.

on 4/8/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the Tsubaki Damage care both shampoo and conditioner, white bottle. I heard a lot of good things about this shampoo and conditioner, some people's holy grail on youtube and what not. I was not impressed. i bought the full sized pack of shampoo/conditioner/mask at a japanese store in the mall for about 40 bucks. a little pricey but i figured it'd be worth it. I gave the mask to my cousin. I tried the shampoo and it was heavily fragranced and didnt do much for my hair, i follwed with the conditioner and rinsed it out about 15 minutes later in my shower with ice cold water. I styled and ironed as usual. Later in the day i asked my mom, who sees me daily, to comment on my hair she said she couldnt put her finger on it but my hair looked like it has lost life, and vibrancy. i stopped using this, the next day i returned to my normal shamnpoo and conditioner and styling products from redken and kerastase. My color came back to rich brown. For reference i dont have asian hair, i have wavy/almost curly italian hair, and im male. i will not repurchase. maybe my hair is used to having better things so this was a step down, it'd be a step up for someone using v05 shampoo i'd imagine. I gave this to my friend to use, the full set (generous me!) and her hair looks shinier now and i can definitely tell when she uses it because the fragrance lingers in her hair.

on 4/8/2012 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this! I am using the Tsubaki SHINING shampoo, which is in the red bottle. This is a silky, weightless shampoo that smells fabulous and rinses out clean. I love the pump bottle style.

Top Rated Shiseido Products