April 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by denmel

My daughter had used this item before with great results. So she begged me to buy it for her. I finally gave in, now we both use it. It has cleared our skin greatly. I would totally recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was a terrible disappointment. It not only made me break out the first day but my "skin purging" stage (when your face is terrible for about 2 weeks) stuck around for 2 months until I just gave up on this cleanser. I have combination skin and it was so rough on it. It was super drying and left my face tight and flaky and over producing oil. Every once in a while I get it out and use it and every time i remember why i threw it under the sink in the first place. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by RickyVsTrevor21

This tool worked AMAZING when it first came out, i was about 12 years old. I didn't have acne at all and it made my skin do soft! Now that I'm older I have acne everywhere on my face. This product does nothing for acne, but I must admit it makes your skin really soft.
I'll just stick with my Target brand version of ProActiv, it's the same price as a package of refills for this tool

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Pearlsandcurls13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for the first time today. I have to say, I am very optimistic! I have an oilslick for a face, and terrible cystic acne around my jawline. This cleaned extremely well, and my face felt very clean after I used it. It seems that many of the negative reviews are from normal/combination skin folks who get too dry- I would suggest using a cotton pad and your own favorite cleanser. I think the product is geared towards those of us who need some help with oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by hockey4ever

PROS
*deep cleans as it claims to do
*makes skin alot softer with repeated use
*prevents pimples

CONS
*can only use once a day to avoid drying
*they keep changing the pads, they once had no foam, then the came out with ones that had more foam, now we are back to not enough again
* having to purchase pads all the time, which is expensive
*packaging for pads is awful the bag always rips and drys the pads out

Overall, this has helped with my acne by cleaning deep to prevent pimples from appearing, makes my skin softer, and makes it glow. I would recomend using this only once a day for best results, this is really a great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by angelada

I bought this product for about $8. After a few uses my face did feel a bit softer but I noticed it really irritated my skin and made it somewhat red. They say it was gentle enough to use daily but after the first two days my face became really dry and irritated. The package comes with two weeks worth of pads and then you have to buy replacments, it's about $5 or $6 for a $30 day supply. I wouldn't reccomend this for those with sensitive skin. I was actually quite dissapointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

I really wanted to try this product and when I did I was dissappointed, it didn't do anything for me. I felt like it was irritating and drying out my skin. It's kind of expensive to buy a new pad almost everytime you need to use one? So you get a new pad everyday almost and it ends up adding up since they don't give you many and make you repurchase and their not cheap after a while, not worth the money to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by hunter26

When this product first came out I was always reluctant to pick up but then the other day it was on sale at target for $5.00 so I thought why not? I LOVE this thing!! It cleans my skin sooo well and my face feels so smooth afterwards. I have very oilly and acne prone skin so I thought it might be a bit harsh for my skin but its actually helped clear and prevent my acne, which makes sense because it cleans deep into your pores and takes alot more bacteria and dirt off your skin that normal cleansing would. So overall I am in love with this. ")

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

do not believe the claim that this is waterproof. i used it about four times before it started to go all poltergeist on me. it would cut on by itself in the middle of the night and the only way to turn it off was to take the battery out. after having it for about a week, it finally succumbed the big sleep. i thought that maybe it had vibrated throughout the night and drained its battery, so i put in a new one but that did no good. hasn't cut on since.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by hosullivan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

(low rating is for the cleansing pads! not the Wave itself!)

So I LOVE the Wave itself - it's cute and small and I feel like it hella works. Plus it's fun/weird so it motivates me to actually wash my face (something I'm bad at doing consistently). Super down with the Wave as a device.

But the cleansing pads are just. No. There are only three kinds - the default "deep clean" ones, the exfoliating ones (with extra nubbies on them), and the anti-blemish ones. My Wave came with the default ones (and I haven't actually seen any of the other ones in my local Walmarts/Walgreens), and that cleanser was WAY harsh on my face. I read here that the Wave can work real well for those dry flaky bits around the nose/mouth, so I used my Wave a bit extra on those when I first got it and DANG it made them SO MUCH WORSE. They were very red and inflamed and dry, and soaked up any moisturizer I put on them instantly - the only thing that helped was my double-mega-intense Eucerin moisturizer that partially sits on the skin as a layer of oil, which usually makes me break out like a mofo. I switched to using the pads once every other day, and the dry patches went away after a couple weeks (!! WEEKS), but my skin still felt weirdly dry and tight, and I was still breaking out.

I've quit using the pads (as in I threw away a bunch), but I'm holding onto the Wave to use with cotton pads and a different cleanser. Thank god I got it at Ulta for $5 - I wouldn't buy this full price. If you have sensitive skin, don't bother!