October 24, 2014 | 1844 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm pretty sure this isn't discontinued because I still see it, the Duo, and the refill pads in stores in NYC. My sister bought one years ago and abandoned it after she lost interest shortly after so I adopted it and finished her box of refills (I think they were the standard ones). I recall having some skin troubles at the time that mostly cleared up, but after finishing the box of pads I didn't want to buy any more and into a junk box it went. Well, recently I've been breaking out and I think it has to do with the fact that I'm not getting a complete enough clean with just my hands, but cleansers with beads are too rough for me. Same with exfoliating cloths. I imagine the Clarisonic is a bad idea right now since I'm using an AHA gel. Then I remembered this thing. Instead of buying pads I bought cotton Swisspers and put my regular Avene cleanser on it, or Cetaphil, or whatever I am using lately. First I use makeup remover to get off most of it. I apply the cleanser in a thin film on my face too. Then I get to work. Finish with AHA gel or drying cream on any raised pimples and done. What a difference! I'm convinced the vibration is getting stuff out that normally stays gunked in my pores since I mainly see skin plugs and filaments before a full-blown pimple appears. I usually have combo skin but lately it didn't know what it was- it was all dry, it was all oily, it was just bad. Now it seems to be recalibrating itself and producing normal amounts of oil, probably because it can breath again. Since I have to use less makeup the results are speeding along. I like this thing but based on reviews I never submerged it in water and I wouldn't say that's a good idea since people say that broke theirs. The pads are a waste, and any cleanser that is meant to foam will dry you out, something you don't want when you're deep cleaning. Sometimes I switch out the Swissper for a cellulose sponge if I want to exfoliate, but then I don't use the AHA for a few days.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by laschnauzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This isn't a miracle for people with oily T-zones, prone to acne (I usually get pimples around my period) and people with open pores and blackheads.
First I suggest you cleanse your skin before using this. I like to use an exfoliant and a cleanser then use the Neutrogena wave.
That's because this won't really clean deep if there's a layer of oil or whatever else, sitting on your face.
My face feels cleaner and sometimes even brighter but Neutrogena Wave never fixed my main problems (oily T-zone, blackheads, open pores).

I believe this is should be best used as part of a skin care regimen, not the only product.

Oh, I do not use often and my pads usually will last a year.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by xogabrielle

Did nothing at all for me. It didn't vibrate really, not enough to make any difference in my cleansing. Also, it's a pain to keep replacing the pads.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kristinas97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product made my skin really soft and cleared up my blackheads. I don't know how it works on acne because I use a prescription gel but for stubborn blackheads, it completely cleared it up. My only complaint is that it stops working after a couple of weeks. I haven't used this product in a year and a half but I'm going to try it again soon. Anyone know how it compares to the Clarisonic Mia?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by denmel

My daughter had used this item before with great results. So she begged me to buy it for her. I finally gave in, now we both use it. It has cleared our skin greatly. I would totally recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was a terrible disappointment. It not only made me break out the first day but my "skin purging" stage (when your face is terrible for about 2 weeks) stuck around for 2 months until I just gave up on this cleanser. I have combination skin and it was so rough on it. It was super drying and left my face tight and flaky and over producing oil. Every once in a while I get it out and use it and every time i remember why i threw it under the sink in the first place. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by RickyVsTrevor21

This tool worked AMAZING when it first came out, i was about 12 years old. I didn't have acne at all and it made my skin do soft! Now that I'm older I have acne everywhere on my face. This product does nothing for acne, but I must admit it makes your skin really soft.
I'll just stick with my Target brand version of ProActiv, it's the same price as a package of refills for this tool

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Pearlsandcurls13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for the first time today. I have to say, I am very optimistic! I have an oilslick for a face, and terrible cystic acne around my jawline. This cleaned extremely well, and my face felt very clean after I used it. It seems that many of the negative reviews are from normal/combination skin folks who get too dry- I would suggest using a cotton pad and your own favorite cleanser. I think the product is geared towards those of us who need some help with oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by hockey4ever

PROS
*deep cleans as it claims to do
*makes skin alot softer with repeated use
*prevents pimples

CONS
*can only use once a day to avoid drying
*they keep changing the pads, they once had no foam, then the came out with ones that had more foam, now we are back to not enough again
* having to purchase pads all the time, which is expensive
*packaging for pads is awful the bag always rips and drys the pads out

Overall, this has helped with my acne by cleaning deep to prevent pimples from appearing, makes my skin softer, and makes it glow. I would recomend using this only once a day for best results, this is really a great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by angelada

I bought this product for about $8. After a few uses my face did feel a bit softer but I noticed it really irritated my skin and made it somewhat red. They say it was gentle enough to use daily but after the first two days my face became really dry and irritated. The package comes with two weeks worth of pads and then you have to buy replacments, it's about $5 or $6 for a $30 day supply. I wouldn't reccomend this for those with sensitive skin. I was actually quite dissapointed.